Who Thinks Jordan Should Come Back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Does anyone think Jordan should come back one last time?

Dr. Strangelove
No

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud laughing out loud

wuTa
i said no

TheFilmProphet
You think he is that bad now?

wuTa
he could still contribute as a player off the bench but that would be sad seeing going to the greatest player to a 6th man....the game doesnt need him..he wont be as a big of a draw as he use to be.....with his 1st come back people were like "yay the greatest ball player ever is gonna play again" now it would be like "again!? does this ****er even know the definition of retirement?"

TheFilmProphet
He said he would gladly come back but that if he did they would always just try pit him against Lebron James and others and not appreciate him for what he can do.

Myth
It would be a mad idea. It was bad enough this last time he came back (although not horrible).

WindDancer
No, the man is already an Icon of Basketball. No need for any come backs.

danielblack2002
i think he shud come bak but play for the la lakers it wud be great if he did

alic88
ya his washington comeback wasnt what i would call fantastic.. but it was still very good.. i mean hasnt he made 2 come-backs already in his career.. i think thts more than enuff

Myth
Oh dear god. Look what came up today in the news. After 6 years of retirement, DREXLER would consider a come back. DON'T DO IT! http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~2407551,00.html

TheFilmProphet
Actually Phil Jackson tried to convince Jordan to come back and play for the Lakers and the All-Stars last year but he decided not to. Who knows maybe they would have actually won another ring with him.

DanZeke25
sure... why not.. he's already came back two times... why not again?

*Sarcasm

TheFilmProphet
He is still in shape.

koolruningz
If anyone can come back at his age its MJ, but i think he retired as the greatest player ever and a comeback will have a negative impact on that. He's got nothing to prove.

alic88
i m sure he dont wanna ruin his average baskets per game lol

TheFilmProphet
He had negative feedback from fans the last time he came back but I think a big reason for that was because he was on of the top five worst teams in the NBA, the Wizards. Perhaps if he came back and played with a team like the Lakers he would be more appreciated.

Neo_Version 7
No matter how much I hate the Lakers coz of the players; I do agree that M.J. should come back and play for them (or another good team like the Pistons).

TheFilmProphet
He should have done that to begin with, I mean why go to the Wizards? If he would have gone to a good team like the ones you mentioned then maybe he could have retired with a champoinship ring.

Myth
He was already with the Wizards organization and was trying to help them. Going to the Lakers wouldn't have been a challenge. It would actually look more negative for Jordan to have joined LA and not won.

Neo_Version 7
Yeah.

It was nice of him to try 2 lift up a "not-so-great" team, but the I would have prefered him to join a top-ranking team.

But the fact of matter is that it was his choice.

wasn't good, wasn't bad in my opinion.

TheFilmProphet
I will have to disagree because the Lakers lost without Jordan not with him. wink So we will never know what would have happened if he did play with them.

Neo_Version 7
No offence to anyone but am I the only person who thinks (some of) the Lakers' are arrogant punks?

koolruningz
They do have a certain swagger about them that comes from being as sucsessful as they have been. Im a Lakers fan and even i notice it, the Bulls and Celtics also had a similar strut when they were winning. I think the problem with the Lakers last year is that they seemed to think because they had four hall of famers in their starting line up they were intitled to the championship - big mistake.

Myth
I'm saying "if". If Jordan went to the Lakers and they still lost, it would have given more of a negative outlook on his comeback because anything less than another ring would have been underachieving, while with the Wizards, nothing was expected of him other than he would score.

TheFilmProphet
I understand what your saying but with the Wizards he didn't make it to the playoffs twice in a row but with the Lakers it would be almost guaranteed he would be in the Playoffs those two times so people would have at least thought he was still good enough instead of thinking he was too old just because he was on the Wizards.

Neo_Version 7
Hey, the Bulls didn't act like big-shots. At least to me. They were more cool,calm,collected.

But anyway, Jordan coming back would be nice.

But not necessary.

Linkalicious
NO

TheFilmProphet
I agree.

Myth
There is rumors out that Jordan is "working out like a demon" to see if he could withstand another comeback where he would join forces with Shaq in Miami.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Hey, the Bulls didn't act like big-shots. At least to me. They were more cool,calm,collected.

Theres nothing wrong with having a aura of confidence about your team when you've won a few championships in a row, the Bulls definately had that in the Jordan days. Its not a bad thing, its human nature and necessary to carry on that sucsess.

WarSpawn
he's gettin too old to be much of a player on the court....

so i say no

i still respect him as the greatest basketball player ever though

TheFilmProphet
If you are serious can you provide a link?

Myth
Sure. Its in an article about Rodman actually but it is mentioned VERY briefly so its not really considered yet. But its the 11th paragraph from the bottom.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~107~2417685,00.html

badsymbiote
Good. Maybe Sam Perkins will come back, too. They were in the same class at North Carolina, and I've always been a big fan of "Big Smooth".

As for Jordan, he should just let sleeping dogs lie. There is no way he could come back and play at the same level as say, Iverson or Bryant. It's not a friggen pick-up game--it's the NBA. I do not think it would be to his benefit to come back for a third time. I don't even know if he could do it.

I don't deny that his name on the roster would draw a crowd, but I seem to remember that that was his plan when he attempted to take his talent and ability to the game of baseball--and he was about the biggest flop of anyone that I've ever seen who endeavored to play two sports on a professional level.

wuTa
there were a couple of reasons why he played for the wizards and not another team

1. he was under contract with the wizards
2. he wanted to stay loyal to a team that give him an oppurtunity be in management (chicago really screwed him on that)
3. the wizards were a dying franchise...no one was going to home games and noone seemed to care about that team jordan playing for them changed all that
4. even though they didnt make the playoffs the year before jordan came back they were one of the worst teams if not the worst team in the league....jordan wanted to see if he could turn it around and make them a playoff team....he didnt make them a playoff team but they were in the playoff hunt so he did help make a less than medicore team a contendor
5. going to a good team and winning another championship would prove nothing hes already done that 6 times

Myth
The Jordan thing is all over the net today. But Sha

Myth
The Jordan thing is all over the net today. But Shaq has already said that he does not want Jordan to join the Heat with him.

danielblack2002
who finks any of the nba players wud be able 2 ply wheelchair basketball

TheFilmProphet
1. If he would have joined another team instead of the Wizards then he wouldn't be under contract with them.

2. He could have got some management opportunities somewhere else since there is so many other teams out there who would have gladly hired him.

3. There is many other dying teams out there besides the Wizards for example the Atlanta Hawks.

4. He could have helped any other lesser talented team get to the playoffs besides the Wizards.

5. Winning another championship would have proved he was still good enough to do it. Which is alot better than proving you can't help out a horrible team like the Wizards get to the playoffs.

Myth
He was a part owner already to the Wizards and therefore wanted to help the team that he was under contract with. He could have gone to another dying team like the Hawks but he already had a connection to Washington, he didn't have a connection with any of the other pathetic teams.
To #5: If he won a championship with LA, it wouldn't have proved that 'he' was good enough to do it. He would have been along for the ride for the most part. He may have been able to give them that slight edge needed to get past Detroit but we wouldn't have been able to tell. Winning with LA would have proved nothing.

TheFilmProphet
It would have made him infamous. It would also set an example that you don't have to be twenty something years old to make a huge difference and win a championship.

wuTa
not true....he was out of basketball for at least a year before washington finally gave him a piece of that team

he already is infamous..he could be the most recognized athlete in the world......i think he was 37 when he won his last championship..there is nothing left for him to prove if he came back all he would do is tarnish his legacy

TheFilmProphet
He already did that before by going to a bad team. wink Which is why I think he should try one last time on a good team. He has nothing to lose.

Myth
But it wouldn't have been perceived as a huge impact. If Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton won a championship, people would have been like "of course they won". People wouldn't have gone "OMG! JORDAN DID IT AGAIN!" People assumed that Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton was going to win anyway so the team would have won the championship and everybody would have said, "Well, they could have done it even without Jordan." Even though they didn't do it without Jordan, people wouldn't have known that it would have been a failure without him so he would have at least appeared unnecessary and therefore would not have proved anything.

If he went to a good team that wasn't exactly expected to win it all and then they won, that would prove something. But riding along with the Lakers and winning a championship would not have shown how good Jordan was, just how good that Lakers team was.

wuTa
he bruised it thats for sure but he still turned a shitty team into a good team....he has alot to lose...him going to a good team and losing will down play his greatness even more than his washington comeback plus him getting schooled by lebron, athony, wade, rip, iverson wont be pretty either espicially knowing that in his prime he would light any of them up...no matter what he does where he goes or how many games he wins on another team he is always goin to be remembered as a chicago bull unless he comes back is even a bigger dissapoitment than expected.... than kids are goind to remember him as an old flop out of his time

koolruningz
You're totaly right that he could school any of those guys in his prime. But if he came back everyone of those guys would be trying to humiliate him and show him his time has been and gone. At the moment we all remember Jordan as unstopable (i've seen plenty of games where he was just on a different planet) and i personaly dont want him to tarnish that image.

TheFilmProphet
What makes you think he will lose? wink

Cipher
Jordan is too old and he doesn't have the energy anymore. Why does he insist on tarnishing his legacy? Does he want people to think of the old broken down has-been when looking back at him?

Its over, Michael, just accept it........

wuTa
i was talking about his reputation

forumcrew
NO hed look like an idiot

TheFilmProphet
Well we all have our different oppinions and views.

NiceGuynj
Well he should come back to help kids a a mentor like Jerry Rice to teach kids to become an icon like him and not a person like Kobe Bryant.But also he should be an owner or couch or something to help even the Chicago Bulls.You know likestill stay close to the gmae .When he was with the wizards aka bullets at the nets stadium they always sold out just to see MJ.

TheFilmProphet
Well last year he attempted to buy the Milwaukee Bucks but they declined his offer. He will most likely make another attempt at becoming involved in the game of basketball because it is difficult for him to stay away for too long.

NiceGuynj
People love him too much.He's an icon and must come back in some way.His too important.I can wait till he finishes golf.

TheFilmProphet
I agree.

I can't wait to see what he will do next in the NBA.

Scarpa
I dont watch basketball so I dont care

Drifter101
NO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.