Maximum Overdrive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zilverz
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
Stephen King movie

I watched this film as a kid and really enjoyed it. I just recently watched this again as an adult and it is absolutely one of my favorite movies. The story is awesome, the gore and the acting is pretty good. I liked all the characters. Even some of the machines had character.

***** for its time, i dont think it could have been made any better.

SlipknoT
one of my favorite B-movies.

Evil Dead
It's cheesy.........but I like it.

The thing is, it wasn't a B-movie. It was a studio funded film starring one of the hottest stars of the time (Emelio Estevez of the Brat Pack), written and directed by the hottest horror author and novel to film creator..........it was A list all the way. It should have been better. It's still enjoyable to watch on like a Saturday afternoon........but I wouldn't center any plans around watching it.

Mr Zero
I would pay up to $20 to never see this movie again.

Cinemaddiction
I bought it today for $3 on a whim this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Very unique premise, executed very well for its time, and it was surprisingly violent, and kept the camp factor at a tolerable level. It's a keeper.

Deano
i remember seeing this on the sci fi channel. i found it quite enjoyable

papabeard
I find it a little ridiculous, I dont like any sort of Possessed Machine Horror, Stephen King is quite fond of this stuff, he also did The Mangler, Trucks which is the same story as Maximum Overdrive and Christine.

b-dan
i love this movie fort two reasons 1) stephen king made it an dhes my fav author 2) the green goblin toy truck is the best

mutilated_body
i love the baseball scene where the guy is buying a drink and it nails his ass

b-dan
i like the beggining when stephen king goes to the bank and the machine calls him a ass hole and he says hunny the machine just called me an *******

Pandemoniac
Saw Maximum Overdrive at a fairly young age, and back then it really left a good impression. After a second view years later, it came over kinda cheap but I could still see why I liked it the first time I watched it, and I enjoyed it anyhow the 2nd time.
Got to say, the idea is very good, and the situations in the movie are quite creative (like the electronic sign cursing at people because it can't inflict physical harm). Regarding the age of the movie it isn't bad at all but it could have been better. King is just not as good at directing as he is with writing.
But considering the origin of the movie, a story only 23 pages long, he did a decent job stretching it out to a full length and pretty entertaining movie.

beta-wolf_101
I really like that movie.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by b-dan
i like the beggining when stephen king goes to the bank and the machine calls him a ass hole and he says hunny the machine just called me an *******

laughing out loud

That was probably my favorite part, aside from the insane soda machine. The gunner jeep using its horn for morse code to communicate was genius, though.

hellraiser34
This is one of my favorite movies. Stephen King is the man!!! One of the best things about this movie is the sound track. AC/DC rocks. Also, the green goblin was very cool. devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.