looking for a movie title

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redwatch
I am trying to figure out a movie title, its an old one. I thought it was called the Big Truck. Its set in Africa or South America and is essentially about 2 trucks carrying a load of nitro across some very difficult terrain. I thought Rod Taylor was in it but I have checked that and can't find the movie I am interested in. Any ideas?

BloomBabyGirl
when did it come out?

redwatch
I'm thinking it is from the 50's or 60's. Black and white, could have been a war movie

theez1
Here's what I found: Salaire de la peur, Le (1953)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046268/

It matches your synopsis.

redwatch
Hey Thanks, I think this is the one!!

runemesa
It sounds like "Sorcerer", a William Friedkin film from 1977. Here's a description I found of it. Is this the right movie:

This production begins with the individual beginnings of outcasts of different backgrounds who are forced by fortune to work in a remote oil drilling operation in South America. When fire breaks out of control the outcasts are given the opportunity to earn enough money to get out by transporting two crates of unstable dynamite through miles of jungle in ancient trucks in this taut thriller. One stunt features two trucks attempting to cross a rope bridge over a raging river.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.