Ego The living planet Vs Thor and Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maestro
Dont underestimate ego, he has stalemated galactus and has taken thor,hercules and firelord together to stop him when he went isane.

Evangel94
thor and surfer win

Wynndar
Ego has already taken out Thor quite easily...Surfer helping wouldnt do much help seeing that Ego very nearly beat Galactus, Surfer's creater who is vastly more powerful and intellignet than Surfer...however after seeing that he had no other choice, Galactus fitted some intergalactic engines onto Ego to fling him to the "edge of the universe" so that he could survive the encounter...thats why it took the Fantastic Four to actually beat him

wrathofachilles
The Fantastic Four could beat Ego but Galactus and Thor couldn't?? That shows how screwed up writers are, the Fantastic Four are highly over-rated. Spider-Man practically beat all four by himself. And I seem to remember Thor taking on Ego before and succeeding somehow. Obviously not a physical battle, but he did something, I can't recall now.

Wynndar
Galactus was eventually defined by Reed Richards as a force of Nature... since Richards was the first to realize this, and he was the one to save Galactus' life, Galactus has also refered to Richards as a force of nature...That is why it took the FF to beat ego...the FF beat Galactus more than once, they r qualified to take Ego and narrowly win, it was narrow

wrathofachilles
Yes I know they have 'beaten' Galactus, meaning they've repelled him from Earth, but the fact remains they have been knocked around by Spider-Man, so I have very little respect for the Fantastic Four when it comes to cosmic beings. And how is it that Ego is not a force of nature? He's a planet, that's a force of nature.

Wynndar
well if Galactus has called Reed Richards a force of nature I think that says something about the fantastic four...and theyve never been knocked around by spiderman, annoyed maybe, comic relief maybe...but never knocked around...are you refering to their first meeting?

crazyspinz
since when is reid a force of nature, he can strech.. whoopty doo, he isnt that tuff...

wrathofachilles
His intellect may be a force of nature *which I highly disagree with, you have to keep in mind the writers of the particular storyline* but Mr. Fantastic is barely Mr. Half-Assed Decent. Actually I was referring to a Marvel Team-Up issue where Spider-Man wasn't even controlled by himself, he was controlled by someone who didn't really understand his powers, and he still managed to beat them all up for about 20 pages. I know Invisible Woman has greatly increased her powers, but the others are not that impressive on their own.

JuggernautFan
its not his stretching abilities i'd be worried about. often intelligence is the most powerful gift anything/anywhere has to offer. take a look at thanos...... he has set the universe on edge a couple times, and conquered it once. he then destroyed the multi verse and brought it back again. what was this done with??? intelligence. dr. doom has succeeded where many other villains have failed, and whats he running on??? intelligence. same with R.R. of the F.F.

korgrath
it wasnt the fantastic four who killed ego it was them thor and galactus

Wynndar
in the end it was the FF more specifically the Thing who was the only one who could survive the pressure in his core and blew his brain up...they thought he was dead but they found him floating around in space later

Krissy Von Doom
How small was that spaceship Galactus was riding when he fought Ego the first time, he barely fit in that thing.

Wynndar
yea its nothing compart to his planet sized ship

Linkalicious
Spiderman admits that he is NO MATCH for the Human Torch...so I don't see where all of this is coming from.

Yah, he can "bother" them for a while, but that's because he's the most well known Marvel character...EVER.

each member of the Fantastic Four has the capabilities to defeat Spiderman.

oh, and Ego would probably kill Thor and Silver Surfer if they tangled with him for too long. He was the one who created the Dark Galaxy that created a Celestial by absorbing all of the nearby suns. (or something like that. messed )

wrathofachilles
No he doesn't. Spider-Man is constantly talking trash about Johnny. They have fought before anyway and Torch rarely ever touches him.

Yes they each have the CAPABILITIES to beat him, but so do I, that doesn't mean anything. It's who actually wins the confrontation. Spider-Man outmatches every one *though I've heard Sue has increased a lot in power;* he's not as strong as Thing, but he's much faster and he has little trouble taking down Rhino and other strong-men.

Wynndar
....um?....see what smoking crack can do?

Krissy Von Doom
Galactus now travels around in a spherical ship, whatever happened to his worldship? That thing was huge, almost the size of Battleworld in Secret Wars 2.

Wynndar
he still has it...its where he chills at..but when he is out eating planets he rides in the sphere

psy_blade
The combined forces of the two should have enough power to kill a planet.

llagrok
Ego.

Juntai
Originally posted by Juntai

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=korvacquestpart02thoranep2.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=korvacquestpart02thorannual1657qi2.jpg

Juntai
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6739/galactusblast6wu3.jpg

Juntai
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3034/ego067lu.jpg

Priest
Originally posted by Juntai
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3034/ego067lu.jpg
Is that cannon?

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor has taken out Ego when he was on the surface...

Surfer has given him trouble alone...

I'd say that it's more than likely a win for the duo.

---

No, it's not canon...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.