Jamie Cullum is Frontin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sonofasaiyan
Who loves the Jazz cover of N.E.R.D's Frontin'?? I think its fantastic how Jamie manages to make the song his own. What about you?

KMC
Usually i'm not a fan of covers but i give the guy credit, its a tune.

Kate xx

sonofasaiyan
Ok.

Deathblow
It's not a N.E.R.D song, it's Pharrell on his lonesome, which explains its crappiness. He thinks he's pop diva, but when he's with N.E.R.D (pure funk rock) he snaps out of it.
In other words, N.E.R.D = good, Pharrell minus N.E.R.D = bad.

But anyway, I don't like that song, and I never heard of this Cullum person.

kountzer
Okay, I'm a 7th day adventist, if that means anything to anyone here, and the sun had set this past saturday, and I was channel surfing, looking for anything interesting on the tele. We don't have cable, and I kept going over the same 7 or 8 channels over and over. On the local PBS channel, (I live in Houston, Tx) they were showing local artist made good Lyle Lovette on the pbs show Austin City Limits. I'm not Lyly Lovett fan so i passed on that. Later they had this wild young guy fronting a sort of jazz ensemble on the piano. I passed on him too.

Still there was nothing on TV, so I happened back to Austin City Limits and this wild kid on the piano was playing a melody that I thought I recognized. I'm a middle aged african american who grew up a big time Jimi Hendrix fan. This kid was playing "the wind cries mary" and I loved the rendition. So, I listened to the rest of the set. I wanted to stay until the end so that I could catch his name, which is Jamie Cullum. Then after the show went off, I typed the name into a search engine on the net, and found out that he is quite the big hit around the world. It's been awhile since I've actually admired an artist that young people rave about also.
I'll be checking the tv guides to see if I can catch him on tv again. I may even buy a cd. He's good.

DBishop aka Kountzer

Darth Revan
I have to admit, I actually like this Cullum guy... He's a pretty damn good pianist too.

Ronny
never ..........heard...... him ..........ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.