best goal ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nick1811
what do you think is the best goal ever scored?
(sorry if this thread has already been posted)

mine is zidane's goal in the 2001-2002 champions league final against bayer leverkusen.

alic88
ya tht one was amazing... left-foot..

wht bout that beckham goal.. the one from half-line..tht was pretty good.. but i think its over-rated

pr1983
maradona v england, giggs vs arsenal?

The Redeemer
Was that Maradonna's FIRST goal against England or the second...? eek! whistle

pr1983
either one'll do, but i like the legal one

nick1811
i think van bastens goal in the euros was a bit over rated

pr1983
why nick? one of the best volleys ever scored surely?

nick1811
it was fairly close to the goal, im not saying it was bad, just not as good as others

koolruningz
Josimar (spelling) for Brazil against Ireland in the 86 world cup springs to mind. Also i remember Robero Carlos scoring an amazing free kick with the outside of his boot from about 30 yards, it looked like it was going wide then just swerved back in (not sure of the year).

dean7879
beckham freekick against greece.....england was 2-1 down and there was 92 minutes on the clock...BECKHAM!!! BANG!!!

quality goal 2-2

also trevor sinclair bycicle kick from out side the box

The Redeemer
Ronnie Whelan's goal in the same competition was far better!!!

The Redeemer
How the hell did I let THAT one go? That's NORTHERN IRELAND mate...they're BRITISH! And very much THIRD WORLD! roll eyes (sarcastic) The *REAL* IRELAND did'nt get to the WC 'til '90... wink

And then bowed out to a Packie Bonner f*ck up!!! sad

The Redeemer
Apologies for the previous rant...did'nt see the poster's location...from a LITTLE ISLAND off the coast of Australia it seems... wink Obviously a BIT confused with EUROPEAN TERRITORY... whistle

koolruningz
I am actualy from England but didnt take the time to think (or care to be honest) which Ireland it was against. I was just remembering a great goal i saw, i didnt think people were scrutinizing the facts so closely. Im sorry if you were insulted by it but refering to New Zealand as a backwards country isnt really the best way to get your point across. Let me correct myself so you can sleep easier. Josimar (spelling) for Brazil against Northern Ireland in the 86 world cup springs to mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Redeemer
Backwards? blink Now where did I say that? Relax mate...just taking the piss...not notice the winking smilie? wink Just a bit of wicked Irish humour! No hard feelings, eh? smile

NORTHERN IRELAND were good in their day...Espania '82 immediatley springs to mind...and Gerry Armstrong's winner against Spain. I think Laurie Sanchez may get a few decent results out of them this time round...they'll give England a good run for their money when they visit Windsor Park. They should have beaten Wales last time out!

koolruningz
Chill pills administered to both parties. smokin'
Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Redeemer
Your user handle is named after the film, right? Great flick...the late John Candy was a genius!

Oh yeah...ON topic...sort of! wink How do you think NZ will do in the WC qualifiers? Last time they were there was in '82 in a group with Brazil, the then USSR and Scotland IIRC..

koolruningz
Yeah my dad's Jamaican thats why i use koolruningz (great movie). New Zealands football team is not even worth talking about unfortunately. If by some miracle they do qualify it will be because the other teams didnt turn up. Football just isnt that big over here, rugby is still the #1 sport followed by cricket. I'll be cheering for England as its my home country, although if they dont change their tactics it will be a short journey.

vagaryatwill
Anybody got any clips of these goals? I remember seeing clips of a couple that are mentioned, but some I have no clue...

amity75
Carlos Alberta's against Italy in the 1970 World Cup. Or Archie Gemmels against Holland in 1978.

baracustastic
I would say that the best team goal (in the best team game) was carlos Alberto's in the World Cup final in 1970.

Best individual goal is Maradona vs England.

Best Scottish goal is the 3rd vs England in '67, McCalliog methinks, just after the Baxter keepie-uppie, another cracking team goal. Obviously Archie Gemmill's is the best Scottish individual goal.

The Redeemer
Yeah, Gemmil's goal will always stick in the memory. Scotland had to beat the Dutch by 3 clear goals IIRC. His goal made it 3-1 before Johnny THE BOY Rep pulled things back later on to 3-2 to eliminate them... thumb down

'Tis a pity they lost their first game against Iran... eek!

dean7879
gerrards goal against olympiacos

koolruningz
yes Did you see the spin on the ball when it came to him. Usually those shots end up in the top row, but as soon as he made contact with it he took the spin off it and it was as straight as an arrow. Great goal and comeback win for the Scousers. big grin

The Redeemer
Yeah, great comeback by LIVERPOOL. The second half showed their possible potential. Beckham may as well GIVE Gerrard England's *captains armband* graciously for future internationals...before he's made GIVE IT UP!!!

Shadow_King
Are we just talking aboot the best goal ever in football (soccer))???

G.P
guess so.

Shadow_King
oh ok then.

dean7879
the goal alone was good and pretty standard...if u catch the ball right, anyone can pull it off...but the point is that the importance of the goal was huge......thats why i like this goal more than the famous r carlos freekick

baracustastic
Gerrard's was never the best goal ever.

It's just a strike, plenty of people have scored goals like it, and in similar situations. Maniche for Portugal in the Euros, Zidane in the Euros, Beckham vs Greece, Burachaga in the '86 World cup final, Tardelli in the '82 World Cup final, etc. They are all impressive strikes, but that's all.

Carlos Alberto's in the '70 World cup final was an impressive strike at the end of a brilliant team move. No contest.

dean7879
it wasnt a brilliant team move ...it was good passing play that u see every day in football..nothin special about it what so eva

baracustastic
whatever, dean. You need to watch it again.

dean7879
ive watched it numerous times on my soccer am dvd
it dont impress me

a1hsauce
i like the one scored by Pele in the end of the movie Victory... the one with Sylvester Stallone in the movie, anyone ever see it... cheesy ending but ya... and yes i know this a movie goal not the real thing

pr1983
gerrard's goal was good, but no way the best ever...

pele's in 58 i think it was when he flicked the ball up over the defender and practically passed the ball into the net... that was a special goal...

T.M
Van Bastens volley from the edge of the area not sure what year.

u see Pele's goal when a player passes the ball across the box and the keeper came out and Pele done a step over skinned the goal keeper and just walked the ball into the net that was awesome.

jaden101
ive seen the shirt van basten wore during the game...sergi baltacha of russia was marking him in that game...he lives in perth cause he coaches at st johnston...ive been in his house and it hangs on his wall...legend

as for the greatest goal ever

maradona's 2nd against England in 86

i also think Robero Carlos' free kick that curved into the top C...think it was against France...that was a raker

Steve_Gerrard
rooney's volley against tottenam

Steve_Gerrard
wat chu talking about dogs
gerrard's goal against olympiakosdouhsadoiubodhoihdos was wiked
ronaldo pre-98 in barca against some team, went passed like 8 people then scored

Steve_Gerrard
michael owen's goal against argentina wc.98

koolruningz
Dont think its the best ever but Gerrard scored a beauty against Middlesbrough at the weekend. Thats my pick for goal of the season (premiership) at this point.

jaden101
http://www.hangtime.nildram.co.uk/g...vorSinclair.mpg

nick1811
that link doesnt work

Deano
i know what it is anywa

trevor sincliars amazing bycicle kick

Alpha Centauri
When Ronaldo for Barcelona went by three men, then THROUGH another two and scored.

Ronaldinho's goal for Barca when Valdes through the ball to him, he ran down the pitch dodged two men, cracked it from edge of area and it went in.

Erm...any of Adriano's hat trick against Porto the other month.

Ian Wright's goal against Everton years ago. Kicked it over the same player's head twice then lobbed the keeper. Actually, any of Ian Wright's goals.

-AC

Justic3
Milenko Acimovic(Slovenia)

Slovenia - ukraine http://youtube.com/watch?v=oAl5Dl0Ay00

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by The Redeemer
Yeah, great comeback by LIVERPOOL. The second half showed their possible potential. Beckham may as well GIVE Gerrard England's *captains armband* graciously for future internationals...before he's made GIVE IT UP!!!

Gerrard shouldn't even be playing for England anymore, never mind captain. How long does a hype-fuelled grace period last, anyway?

Slay
I'll always remember Bergkamp's goal against Argentina at the '98 WC. De Boer passes the ball from the Dutch half far into the Argentian 16, Bergkamp takes the ball directly out of the air past Ayala and hammers it into the top corner.

Victor Von Doom
I'll always remember the Dutch commentator.

Nihilist
ibrahimavic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqsaDnsEq8
mancini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHbTHaJIM4U

Df02
Ricky Villa - the only Ricky Villa goal anyone remembers.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by koolruningz
Josimar (spelling)Also i remember Robero Carlos scoring an amazing free kick with the outside of his boot from about 30 yards, it looked like it was going wide then just swerved back in (not sure of the year).

This one.?smile..Hitting the ball like this is called "Trivela" in Brazil, it means "three toes" which is what you hit the ball with, the outside 3 toes.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9271/carlossmallcutyq9.gif

My favourite was the second goal Argentina V Serbia in Germany 2006

25 passes then a goal, thats true teamwork and how football should be played imo.

youtube Link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O7KkZn4rk

Best Solo, Maradonna against England (not the handball one) that was something special.

ultimatethor
Maradonas goa; against england for sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.