more problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
yerss tells me he can't post , and pages don't load completely.

look at this:

http://users.skynet.be/yodajammies/problem.zip

yerssot
restarted computer, didn't went to this place for an half hour and now everything is UK-OK

Raz
Whats in the zip (doc) file? I aint opening it, incase of viruses.

What was the exact problem?

yerssot
two screenshots of things not opening correctly, revealing some code...

I just restarted the computer, didn't post for a few minutes and everything was fine again

ToMacco
I'm having problems with this site from time to time also.

Most recently, it takes a long time to load a page up, and sometimes I can't even get into the message boards for hours at a time.

Seems to be working well today, though. Everything is working, and working fast.

yerssot
that's because Raz had things upgraded, like the messages said yesterday, I think

Raz
And the upgrade is finally finished! big grin

Can you notice the speed!

Ushgarak
No. Right now it is running slow and rubbish and all the posts I made earlier in the evening have vanished! And half the time I click on lniks I just get an immediate 'This page cannot be displayed' message.

Ushgarak
What appears to have happened is this:

Earlier today all recent changes to the forums vanished. For example, Dim moved a thread from Movie Discussion to AOTC. By the time I got here around six, all this had been un-done and the thread was back in Movies (I was unaware it had even been moved)

I then posted a load, and I closed that thread in movies.

Now I have come back, all the posts I made have gone; the thread was never closed and Dim's original move has been restored. So the original un-done things have come back; all the changes made while they were missing have been, in turn, un done.

And it;s still running very slow for me.

ToMacco
Mine isn't running slow. But I did notice that some of my posts were missing.

I thought to myself "Gee, I don't remember saying anything offense. I wonder why they deleted them?" rolling on floor laughing

Raz
Ush, always the happy customer big grin

Right, about the speed - I can't explain it. I'm using BTopenworld as you are, and the forum has never been so fast for me in ages. Try emptying out your Temp Internet Files....if that doesn't help, try using a different browser such as Netscape and let me know if that gives similar problems.

Do you have an approixmate on how many posts we lost?

I think the problem was down to me and the cowboyish move that I made.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we've transparently switched servers, as we outgrew the old one. What happened was that I ran the forum software on the new server AND the old server. I should have disabled it on the new one until the transfer was complete (sorry). When I came back to finish the transfer I didn't think there would have been any new posts on the new one as the DNS couldn't have updated that quickly - but apparently it did for you and a numerous others. When I did the transfer, I shutdown the old forum, deleted the new database and replaced it with the old one. That is why the posts seem to have been restored.

All I can say is I'm sorry and this will NOT happen again!

Gundark
Okay, get him out of the pot of boiling water. Put the spears and torches away folks, nothing to see here. Back to your huts people, lets go, lets go. You'll just have to find something else to eat tonight.

Raz
Yay, Gundy to the rescue cool

yerssot
Now I have to start eating ToMacco sad

Raz, when I hit the reply button I get a white page that does NOTHING at all.
I have to hit "back" and click submit reply again

ToMacco
Again last night, around 1 AM CDT, it wouldn't let me access this site again.

I was replying to a post, and suddenly it told me the page couldn't be displayed. sad

Ushgarak
I had the same problem as yerss last night, but not now. It is running fine right now.

yerssot
still having it...

Don't know why, but I like this problem smile

ToMacco
You've got lots of problems, yers wink

Over the last several days, I've had the problem of not being able to access this site and one time of the day.

Raz
Lets give it a couple of days to see if it sorts itself out.

If it doesn't then please post your error again here.

Thanks!
Raz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.