Speaker Balance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dave123
OK, only one of my speaker's works erm if I play something with WMP, at least. but if I open the same file in quicktime or something, then both speakers work fine. In fact, they both work fine all the time, except when I play a file in Windows Media Player

Sooo.... where are the controls to modify the balance in WMP? confused

§pearhead
start > settings > control panel > sounds, speech, and audio devices > change speaker settings > advanced...then you get a series of switches, for lack of a better term, and over the top is balance control

dave123
they are perfectly balanced, just not in WMP

§pearhead
I don't think you can isolate programs erm

JKozzy
Is it the same file you're playing in all the programs? It may be the file, or something may be wrong with a specific codec, or the program itself. I don't think I've seen anything with speaker balance in WMP, only in the Windows OS itself.

Meki_Nade
wmp doesnt have specific audio balance feature, try searching for 'Ac3 codec' in winmx, imesh or some download program, that helps i think

dave123
my speakers can zorro

Clovie
winamp can change balance.
i have no idea how it works with WMP, i've never use it messed

Raz
WMP does have speaker balance, and whole bunch of other features. Since I don't have Windows running right now, I'll make a quick guess.

Look at this picture. There seems to be an option on the right side of the volume control.

TOH
In Windows Media Player, on the View menu, click Now Playing Tools.
Check > Graphic Equalizer.

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/sampchap/4783/073561178-11.gif

furryman
just use Winamp happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.