Two Degrees of Seperation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bar-en-Danwedh
this is such a geeky thing to do, but....

in this day and age everybody seems to know somebody in the industry, so...

I was just curious, to save us name dropping in other threads, who knows people who have worked with people from LORD OF THE RINGS.

perhaps in other films or just friends of the actors....

shadowy_blue
The friend of my sister's friend. smile As I've mentioned in another thread. smile

Phoenix
Billy Boyd is my second cousin, thrice removed... laughing out loud

Phoenix
And before anyone says 'Really?'

no...

not really...

Kitoky
My second cousin takes naked pictures of Sean Bean for a living....oh not wait this is reality.

Nope not really, I met him once though, big grin. Wish I met shadowy too..

shadowy_blue
Bar, seeing your location that you're from Australia, uuhhh, this is a freaky and geeky and too fangirlish thing to do but, what the heck?! Did you had any chance to meet either Miranda or David or John Noble? big grin I know Australia is huuuge, but...just curious. big grin big grin

And Kit, I wish I met you too. sad All of you. sad

samIam
I wish i met everyone here .. but I think i would like to meet Alex most ... she has soo much spunk and courage and i admire her for that

Discos
hehe spunk, unfortunatly aint met any of the Lord of the rings characters (met Robert Englund (Freddy Kreuger) last year though)

Discos - erm...Billy & I are Scottish though shifty

Camellia
My friend comes from the Scottish Boyd family. Boyd is apparently really 'rare' name, so there is a VERY high chance that my friend is related to Billy Boyd.

There are parts of the family they have never kept in contact with on the Boyd side...could this be something to do with Billy???

I hope sobig grin

Phoenix
I applied to the same drama school that Orlando Bloom went to... didn't get through all the auditions th...sad you have to go through about five sets of auditions JUST to be OFFERED a place!

sauron
well i know ian mckellen...he is my biological father...

Fëanor
I once saw Elija Wood at the BevCenter before he did LotR...so that was a while back.

and...I also stood next to Holly Robinson at Aardvarks in Melrose...
She played Det. Judy Hoffs on 21 Jumpstreet who worked with Johnny Depp who costarred with Orlando Bloom in PotC...

Exa
No, not directly... I only had mail contact with the guy who translated most of the foreign languages of Tolkien for the film (elvish and old english and stuff). Not met anyone yet...

sauron
cool....well i will see you later i am off to lotr star hunt!

oh wait i dont have my hankerchief 8runs off without one*

*faint* the road goes ever and on and on...down from the door where it began

Discos
lol, may I ask why the this topic has a weird name?

big gay kirk
I once shook hands with Liv Tyler's dad... he was very polite...

Bar-en-Danwedh
no, but a friend of mine was hanging out with Ian McKellen when he was here doing dances of death, when I found my friend just had tickets I asked him why he didn't check to see if I wanted to go and he said:"'cause I didn't want to bring you to a play just because the lead actor is a wizard in a film you like!" -what a snob, bloody stage actors (besides which I've been a fan of McKellans for years!!!)

but aside from that I have a friend (a very cute one) who was in Ned Kelly with Orlando Bloom - she kept showing off all the photos of them together to me when she got back.

another friend who was in the matrix with Hugo Weaving, Thin Red Line with Miranda Otto, and Star Wars Episode 2 with Christopher Lee (Although he didn't get to meet him, so I guess that doesn't count).

and another Friends' dad was in I Claudius with Bernard Hill.

I once bumped into Bruce Spence (the mouth of Sauron) - you'll have to wait till ROTK-EE.

shadowy_blue
Those friends of yours are very lucky indeed. big grin But they didn't invite you with them when they met our actors? sad Even just once? sad

Oh well, who am I to talk? This acquaitance of mine never invited me either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bruce Spence? That's also the trainman in Matrix Revo, right? big grin

Smodden
Liv tyler is my fiance... perer jackson is my father...the list goes on and on.....

Smodden
and just like pho.....no not realy i was j/j in the last post.....

Bar-en-Danwedh
Bruce Spence is the train dude, yeah. I think he's also in Star Wars 3...

the guy like to be number three!!!!
(except MAD MAX (AKA Road Warrior) he was in #2).

you should also recognise him from Dark City.

shadowy_blue
I can't wait to see him in the EE. big grin Is he a nice fellow? And sorry for being so stupid about this but what does he look like in person? I've never seen him in other forms other than being the trainman..LOL..big grin

Bar-en-Danwedh
like the trainman but better dressed and less messy

this is the only pic i could find (without spending more timne and gettin fired for doing this at work)

Fëanor
Oi! wasn't he also in "Shrimp on a barbie"?...lame cheech movie...but I like that guy.

Exa
eek! I found out today that one of my friends met Billy Boyd some days ago eek! eek! *JEALOUS*

Camellia
Hmph *sulks*

.....smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.