What are your thoughts about Terrorism?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jasminerain
I think Terrorism should stop! mad

Baylin
Nice idea but highly unlikely unless you wipe out the human race. There will always be people who will go to extremes to make their point.

mook
its the most effective form of protest.

yerssot
"One land's terrorist is one land's freedomfighter"

and THAT says enough wink

BackFire
uh..terrorism's bad.

Ushgarak
I think all bad things should stop.

(scratches head)

Baylin
Yes but what bad for you might not be bad for me...

Ushgarak
That's bad. It should stop.

silver_tears
how thought provoking eek

Baylin
Indeed if only all the worlds problems could be summed up so simlpy.

glenn
Terroism won't stop. Unless you drop nukes all over the world and kill everybody as you said Baylin

Ushgarak
Though that might be terrorism.

Baylin
Yes but it would also be final. With no one left alive terrorism would technically stop.

Fire
Terrorism together with guerilla tactics and online warfare will become the future.

Fitch
who decides what's good or bad ?
we,humans are so different..

WindDancer
Terrorism= Cowards that trigger innocent civilians!

Wipe all of them from face of the Earth!

Fire
actualy not all Terrorism includes Civillians

Baylin
I think terrorism is just a label for war without actuallt being open and declaring war.

Fire
nah Terrorism has a very specific definition

Baylin
Another problem with terrorism is that even if you give in it wont stop. You give in to one thing and they'll demand another and so on! sad

§pearhead
Never have I heard an obvious statement such as that. no expression

Linkalicious
I think the only way to really prevent or hinder the increasing threat of terrorism is to increase awareness. Obviously terrorism will never stop, but huge trageties such as the WTC and Pentagon attacks can be prevented if society as a whole works together to share any knowledge or information they might have. Especially with how information technology has been increasing over the past 10 years.

WindDancer
Terrorist consider themselves "Freedom fighters for their people". They are just full of SH!T. The UN should re-enforce stricter laws agains't terrorism!

yerssot
are you one of the people that get or feel repressed?
if not, you shouldn't blow so high from your tower (though I doubt that's an english saying at all)

Linkalicious
is that kinda like "toot your own horn"?

WindDancer
My parents are originally from Central America, is there anything else you need to know yerssot?

jasminerain
wink I think that if our government were to do things the traditional
way(1776 Constitution), we would not have all of this chaos!

We should stick to the original amendments and the laws that were
sent down by our founding fathers, " One Nation Under God," as
it were.

Our government stood by our rights and freedoms under God and
made this nation great! There were problems because people did
not obey God's laws for some people did not appreciate what we
have.

Still today, people do not appricate the wonders of our land has to
offer. People distroying people. People distroying land and animals.
Our founding fathers are remembered for their passion and duty for
life and for God.

Barf Heaven
It's a nice thought... But an impossibility. There will always be people who do evil things in this world.
What really makes me angry is the fact that it's our fault we're (referring to the US) being attacked by terrorists. If we weren't so stuipid with our foreign policy, we wouldn't have nearly every Islamic nation in the world mad at us.
Also, it makes me angry when people try to antagonize them... I'm not saying they're good, and killing people is wrong and such but... It really makes me mad when people say stuff like "we should go around and kill all the terrorists because they're evil"... The world isn't all black and white like that. Their friends and families back in wherever it is they came from don't think they're evil. They think our country is evil.
One thing that really pissed me off was when that show "Politically Incorrect" got kicked off the air basically for following the point of the show.. Being politically incorrect.. Anyways, the guy said that terrorists aren't cowards, which is very true. Would you get on a plane and kill yourself for a cause you believed was right? Didn't think so. Killing innocent people is wrong, but they are sacrificing themselves for whatever cause it is they have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.