I have the Star Wars DVDs. Any questions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunchy
Hey everybody,
I know that a lot of people have been saying they have the Star Wars DVD's. I don't know how they got them personally...but I have them and can tell you how I got them...my brother works for a video store and they get movies the weekend before they are released...well, it just so happened that they had the Star Wars DVD's...so naturally, I had my brother get a hold of them. I was kind of disappointed by them to tell you all the truth...I can send you pictures of them in their rental cases for proof if you need it. But I would like to just answer questions that anyway has, as I was always wanting to before I myself had them....but for one thing, I was disappointed that the lightsabers weren't fixed up in every scene...only here and there, most notably in the Obi Wan/Darth Vader duel...I also noticed a ton of new music here and there...Also, Return of the Jedi is the worst transfer of them all at times...its grainy...Anyways, please ask away...And if this post gets moved to another thread...that's fine...I just wanted mine seperate from the others so that people could just respond to this.

robakin
Yeah i have a question , what diologe has been added in ESB between Vader and Palps?
and where has the new music been added?
Thanks

hunchy
Answering a question I read somewhere else, A New Hope does not have the Imperial March.

hunchy
Well, for one thing new music has been added throughout the first movie in various places...too many to name...some might be the old music, and I just didn't remember it...its been awhile since I watched the original...but I'm sure some of it is new...as for the dialouge between Vader and Palps...let me pop it in and check...

Yeah i have a question , what diologe has been added in ESB between Vader and Palps?
and where has the new music been added?
Thanks

Morridini
I've allready started answaring questions here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t308276.html

hunchy
yeah, but I don't see you answering any questions.

hunchy
before I put the movie in though, and write down the whole dialouge scene I want to answer some other questions that have been asked, and then I'll come back to it.

-The stormtroopers are not voiced by Temuera Morrison...only Boba Fett.
-There is no Senate scene with the Emperor
-No new aliens have been added to the cantina
-the bleeding arm on the floor of the catina still remains
-There is no reaction shot of Bail Organ before Alderaan blows up
-Chewbacca does not receive a medal

etc...

hunchy
Bit of changed dialouge:

Palptaine- "We have a new ememy, the young rebel who destroyed the Death Star.
I have no doubt, this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker"

Vader- "How is that possible?"

Palpatine "Search your feelings Lord Vader, you know it to be true.
He could destroy us"

Vader "He's just a boy, Obi-Wan can no longer help him"

implying that Vader knew about Luke...instead of finding out later.

hunchy
Here's another strange thing too...In A New Hope when Luke is practicing using his lightsaber on the Millenium Falcon, in the long shot his lightsaber is slightly green tinted and fixed up looking, then when it goes to the close up...its the same old bad looking lightsaber from before...that has not been fixed up...it looks all white...and also in the scene when Obi Wan gives Luke the lightsaber for the first time, it hasn't been fixed up here either.

hunchy
that's all...

i hope this isnt all!!!

i hope these changes arent the only ones made to the september 21st release of the trilogy on DVD!!!!

A New Hope:
- 24'51" : twin sun effect has been renewed.
- 48'50" : Han Solo avoids Greedo's shot before shooting at him.

- 50'30" : Jabba effect renewed completely, in accordance with Episode 1.

- 71'30" and after : Death Star jail corridor is much deeper.

- 77' : the garbage monster has been improved.

- 82'10" : "Power" and "Tractor Beam" stencils have been replaced with Star Wars "foreign" signs.

Empire Strikes Back:
- 50'56" to 52'05" : Emperor's hologram has been reshot with Ian Mc Dairmid. A new dialog has been recorded and Palpatine informs Vader about Luke's real identity!

- 63'42", 87'18" & 98'39" : Boba Fett's dialog has been re-recorded by Temuera Morrison.

- 92'05" & 92"15 : Han Solo's black jacket has been erased, due to cut mistakes in the original movie.

- 101'40" : Luke's scream, which was added in the '97 Special Edition, has been removed again.

Return Of The Jedi:
- 24'44" and after : Edge transparency defects around the Rancor have been removed.

- 115'41" : Old Anakin's eyebrows have been erased and eyes are now blue, to fit with Hayden Christensen.

- 120'44" : Naboo has been added to Tatooine, Bespin, Coruscant and Endor victory celebration scenes.

- 120'58" & 121'03" : Senate & Jedi temple are now included in Coruscant panoramic view.

- 122'30" : As everyone knows already, Hayden appears as a ghost beside Yoda and old Obi-Wan at the end of the movie.

lets hope this isint all!!!

OB1-adobe
Oh god you know what that means. Gl is going to release them again with more fixed fx a couple years from now.

OB1-adobe
Some I am guessing Hunchy that when the Falcon leaves the deathstar it is still the same crapy looking shot when its flying out, and the death star in the back ground looks like a matte painting. Sounds like these movies have been released "Work in Progress" again. Luke's lightsaber stuff really pisses me off. Granted I am glad of the new work that they put the time into, but seriously you couldn't spend probably a day fixing the biggest fx screw up: a white light saber. What the Hell???

sonofasaiyan
Can I be your friend?

finti
pretty easy if you preordered it on the net they were gonna make sure you had it by 9/20, postal offices doesnt care so it popped down my mailbox Saturday. Stores have had the copys for a while now so it doesnt take to much brain to figure out that some may receive it prior to the release date

Morridini
Well here in Norway they just started selling them in the stores at the 18th.

finti

Ushgarak
In here please:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t308349.html

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.