ROTS Duel Music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

J-Unit
What SoundTrack Do You Think Would Fit In The Obi Ani Duel?

PVS
i have the sneaking suspicion that it will be duel of the fates,
but i think much a much darker track is in order, like in rotj,
when luke whoops vader...that music would be perfect i think.

J-Unit
Damn It Would Even Be Perfect If The Final Track In ROTJ Would Appare smile

SITH
While reading posts on this board, i've been listening to music, and one song that i keep playing over and over again is from the matrix reloaded soundtrack. it's the chateu song. I can just picture anakin and obi-wan now!!

J-Unit
Why Not The KOTOR End Battle Beetween Revan And Malak? hahah

Jedi Priestess
Duel of the Fates with some of Lukes dule with Vaders music cut into that would be ideal for me. messed

NateDawgNT
but its like a 20 minute fight, so im guessing itll be a whole bunch of stuff with new songs as well, slike a little emperors them,e, a little imperial march, a little DOTF, etc

J-Unit
Hope Its a Little Cut Of Duel Of Fates Across The star action sequence seen in ep 2 an Finally When Luke Gets Mad And The Tragic Song Begins wink

darth_surgent
Personally, I believe that the Ani-Obi Duel will have its own original music. I think it is the most important scene in any of the movies, and GL and John Williams will not disappoint. People are always insulting GL, but in the really important scenes, I think he pulls it off nicely.

Jedi Priestess
But I think it was confirmed somewhere that DOF was indeed written for this particular part of EP3 in mind.

sithsaber408
It was in one of the web docs for ep1, when john williams showed Lucas DOF he said,"And you didnt know this but it ties into the third film very well," something, something "it has that quality of doom, of larger hands at work"

I also am hoping for some of the darth vader theme too!!

sanatayesse
Remember the music for the intro in Jackass, I think that would be a good song because it builds the suspense of the duel or remember the conan move the theme song called "anvil of crom" or another good song from that movie but you have to skip to the part is the song called ''battle of the mounds". That's just my opinion there are whole bunch of songs you could use but I think John williams is going to create a new song ( a new theme like episode 1-duel of fates,episode 2-across the stars, episode 4-the jedi theme/anakin's theme,episode 5-darth vader's theme, and episode 6-luke v.s vader theme. So that being said and done it seems most likely George will get williams to do something new ,which has a darker theme or tone because it obviously will be the most darkest of all but man is it going to kick ass!!

ASSMAN
Yeah,I think think it should be the music in ROTJ when Luke fights Vader because that song is both fast paced and it has that chorus in the background which also makes the duel dramatic. But is'nt that song like 40 seconds long...

cavola
Some hard core trombones,
Big Drum rolls in escalating tempos,
exclusion of Violins........

hey! its gonna be a long track 12 minutes !

Batman316
Whatever the song is I'm sure Mr Williamson will make it kick ass

J-Unit
Yeah Thats For Sure

tlbauerle
Actually, anyone ever notice the similarities between the new track in JEDI and Across the Stars??

I know this is OT, but I had been thinking that for a while.

My vote is for DOTF

darktim1
I would say it would something that we would all remember after the film is over.

NoMeN
i think we will hear the ewok track from ROTJ

PVS
yeah, just as anakin falls in the lava, they will play wicket's song big grin

Leog14
maybe the track could be a fusion between the track in ROTJ and Duel of Fates plus flow it right back into a new version of the star wars music.

Darth Sauron
Maybe a lil rolf harris?

queeq
Yup.

Darth Sauron
They should have anakin singing 'one step closer' by LP laughing

Dou
I hope it'll be a longer version of DOF. I think the Vader theme would not fit very well here, because it is, in my opinion, much too slow for a fight like this.

Darth Jello
I hope there is nothing soft or tragic by the end of the duel. the last five minutes should be absolutely savage. the closest aproximation i can give would be the sacrificial dance from the last movement of the rite of spring. lots of dissonance and meter changes every few barrs. they should only bring in vader's theme when they show him lying broken on the ledge over the Magma. One theme that i hope they bring back and use for tarkin or the storm troopers would be vader's original theme from ANH.

rayj
I think that they should do Duel of the Fates, And then I think that Anikan should be suspecting that Obi Won is with his girl (Adultry) and then he gets really emotionally pissed and it starts playing the love theme from AOTC and that will fuse into the Empirial March as Anikan is falling into the lava....or the Ewok music

Spiderdrew8
I heard at tf.n that it will be a fast version of DOTF

Sith Master X
In one of the Episode 1 documentaries, Lucas was talking about Duel of the Fates after he'd heard it for the first time as Williams showed it to him. Lucas said that music would tie in nicely with the third film, having to do with "fate" So maybe that was a hint.

So, I don't mind if they use DOTF for Ani Vs Obi, but if they do, I would hope that it is a modified version of it using different themes and definitely it would be nice if they use some tragic music as well like in ROTJ when Luke gets angry and starts beating on Vader.

Spiderdrew8
What do you think it should be?

§pearhead
I want something Imperial March-esque, but I want the bulk of it to be new...and I know williams will deliver

moonwalker741
a new score

waynerobsonuk
probably a new piece but heavily relying on duel of fates and ending with a Imperial March-eque part. Least thats my guess.

Wayne...

PVS
there is something you must consider.
given the length of the duel, i think there will be a variety of scores.
i would bet that we will hear most if not all of these scores during the coarse of the duel

Boris
Duel of the fates.......

Anakin2Vader
new but incorperating what we have heard in Ep 2 and the OT

Garth...

Master Revan
I agree Imperial march would be grate when it show the sith fleet.and some new music like Episode 1and2

Jedi Priestess
I thought I had heard somewhere that Duel of the fates was written specifically with this particular duel in mind. And I am hoping thats the music they use.

PVS
i think it will begin with the imperial march song, when anakin chokes padme, the to duel of the fates, and perhaps rotj music at the end, to darken it, it has to be dark at the end, and DotF just wont cut it i think

yerssot
yup, it's somewhere on the Ep I DVD :
GL tells John Williams that Duel of the Fates will also be used for the battle between Anakin & OB1

CinematicESP
Like someone said, I'd like the bulk of it to be new music, maybe with a new, different version of Duel of the Fates mixed in and then something really powerful at the end, like the ROTJ final duel but not the same song, just something in the same vein as that song.

captainmidnight
i agree with the person cinematic agrees with,something as powerful as duel of the fates and some new stuff,the music has to be climatic in order to feel it.......

§pearhead
*smacks forehead* duh..."Duel of the Fates", what's the one fateful duel left...? that makes a bit of sense, though personally I think, as PVS I think mentioned, something darker would fit...a DotF, IM, and new mixture would be superb...

and did I spell that right messed

Asaraphim
''Tarawa" by James Newton Howard as used The Matrix Revolutions trailer after Reloaded's credits ended, and mix in thr imperial march at the end to make it seem ruthless, and evil. But somwhere in there add something a bit sad, and epic throughout ne comments???? u can dl the song on kazaa.

darktim1
I think I would just like to hear them fighting with lightsabers and showing their agression towards one another then put duel of fates towards the end of the battle and then just cut when falls into lava so the scream really effects the crowd for now may force be with you.

Darth_Duffy
could it not be possible that there will actually be no music during this duel?
i think there'll be a fair bit of dialogue during the fight which could be drowned out by music

NateDawgNT
i think the bulk of the duel will be DotF, but any time the action slows down, they gotta play the Emperor's Theme - like when Anakin was talking about how he killed the tusken's its very powerfully haunting music, and i would guess the Imperial March won
t be in it that much... it's to grand in scale - in my opinion at least, the imperial march works best for a grand entrance (vader), a huge shot of a fleet or slowed down to be dramatic (vaders death, anakin foreshadowing). I do think it'd be hella cool if every time there was gonna be dialogue the music stopped, and then when the action resumes, have no music for a few seconds, and then an explosion of DotF

queeq
I can only hope GL lets John Williams handle this bit of music. He's more than capable to come up with the best musical solution.

Gangularis
John Williams should take on an under study..

he'll need a good replacement one day.

Captain REX
I think it'll be new, but with a mixture of Duel of the Fates, Imperial March, and ROTJ final duel put in it somewhere.

Williams will provide, he rocks!

NoFate007
I think part of the duel will have no music at all, part will be a variation of Duel of the Fates, part will have a variation of the Imperial March, possibly a song that resembles the end of the ROTJ duel, possibly even Qui-Gon's theme in there somewhere (you know that song that plays in the fight with him and Maul on Tatooine, thats Qui-Gon's theme basically). I'd like to see it have a mixture of all the music we've heard, but varied to fit a fight, and some new music as well, and I'd like for it to end with a sort of sad Imperial March (similar to the one when Anakin dies, but not more of a deeply hurt instead of relieved sadness).

And of course the end of the movie should have Kenobi with Luke on Tatooine, and it should BLAST the Force theme like we've never heard it before. Naturally The Force theme should be in the duel too.

captainmidnight
do you guys think anakins theme for falling into the lava could be "RING OF FIRE" by johnny cash,i mean with this piece of music you could really feel the anguish that anakin is going through,plus i heard johnny was a real big fan.............

PVS
laughing laughing

perhaps great balls of fire?

Cipher
Don't forget, John Williams specifically writes the SW music so that it can altered and reworked. I expect the basis of the fight to be Duel of the Fates, probably played slower and more sinister. Working a bit of the Obi Wan/Force theme and the Imperial March into it somehow would be very cool......

Julie
Why would they go with old hat?

moonwalker741
i say they put some frank sinatra on when they start the duel

rayj
the ewok celebration song smokin'

waynerobsonuk
FIRE - by the crazy world of arthur brown smile) smile) smile)

Wayne...

Sith Master X
I'm hoping they use the end ROTJ duel music along with some new music as well, and perhaps a bit of DOTF mixed into it. A little bit of everything I guess, but in one of the TPM documentaries, after Williams showed Lucas DOTF, Lucas said that music would go very well with Episode 3.

GCG
how about a tune that makes you ' clap your hands to the beat' ?

Battle of the PLanets

PVS
hmmm...perhaps end it with "my way"

and now
the end is near
and so i face
the final curtain...

could work well big grin

Mace Skywalker
It would be awesome as the duel of the fates, but it gots to be new as well, or maybe a mix.

Spiderdrew8
I think it should be new music with a mix of DOTF and the Imperial March.

Lyn
I agree with what a lot of people have suggested. I think it should be a mixture of all JW's haunting, dark, sinister sort of themes. DOTF, IM, MTFBWY...are all perfectly suited to different aspects of that duel. There are also other small passages he has created for I and II that would fit well. In EpII when Anakin's mother dies in his arms, a really dark, evil passage begins very softly and gets louder (and sounds more evil) as he prepares to kill the Tuskens. I think music with that kind of feel is fantastic for the duel. Regardless of what I think, I know that John Williams will create something incredible.

captainmidnight
yeah but what about ring of fire,that could be cool too!!!!!

Lyn
It could...laughingrolling on floor laughinglaughing

Member.
i'd want a duel of fates + new score hybrid. like, start it off all duel of fate-ish, then go into this new score, then probably go back to DoF, then new score to end it.

YodaY2K5
Id really like to hear The Battle Of Endor 2 music again (the music for the Father Vs Son duel) I really love that music and hope that it is the music for the duel or is mixed in with some new music to make even better music. big grin

Cipher
Strangely, I could almost see "My Way" working there.
It might be better in a scene of Obi-Wan walking off into the desert.....

DarthCyrax
i dont know if this has ever been thought of but what type of music should play for the final duel between master and student?

Jedi Priestess
this is what happens when you type "duel music" in the search bar

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=308304&highlight=duel+music

JKozzy
Mm; hopefully some sort of remix.

JKozzy
I couldn't...

neo313
i'd like duel of the fates, but bc the duel will be so long, there could be diferent songs at diferent parts. maybe there will be some new song for it?

JKozzy
I have bumped the threads for merging convenience stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
dang you are a efficient little fellow arent ya Kozzy? wink

Jedi Priestess
Ush on the way for the big merge-ola

and he did! applause big grin

Ushgarak
Merged...

DarthCyrax
metallica fade to black would be a nice addition

captainmidnight
"sleep now in the fire" by RATM

JKozzy
I try, JP wink

Duel of the Fates remix, plus new choral music will make my day.

Sith Master X
I know I've mentioned this before, but I pray to god that some of the music that is played is the one were Luke and Vader fight in ROTJ. That music was simply amazing, and would have such a nice ring to it being in both of the third installments.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.