Anakin knows about Luke....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElvesRule24/7
In Episode 4, Obi-wan tells Luke, that his father wanted him to have his lightsaber when he was older, but his uncle didnt want him 2 have it. I was under the impression that Anakin had no idea about Luke until TESB. Was this just another point of view from Obi???

Darth_Duffy
yeah this has been discussed before i think its just a case of obi-wan 'stretching the truth' saying what he needs to in an aim to persuade luke to train as a jedi as he knows luke is the only one who can bring down the empire.
Obi-wan knows that its more than likely that had anakin not turned to the dark side that he'd have wanted to luke have his lightsabre and become a jedi. as far as obi-wan is concerned anakin ceased to exist when he turned.

Anakin2Vader
If Anakin were to say that to Obi Wan it would have been before he found out about Padmes death.. so at that point he would have beleived he would have a child.... but it does look like lucas will make it so Vader does not beleive he has a child.

queeq
I think OB1 thought the 'good Anakin' would have wanted Luke to have it. After all, when Anakin became Vader, "the good man that was your father" no longer existed. So it's a bit speculative by OB1, but not an unfair assumption.

Ushgarak
Yup, simple as that.

queeq
Or as Ush has said many times: SW IS simple.

ElvesRule24/7
cooooooooooool

guiro72
he may mention it to obi wan earlier in the film....all depends on when obi wan becomes aware of the pregnancy....i was under the impression that he finds out about the pregnancy later in the film though, in which case everyone written above is right....

Master Kadub
I believe that Anakin is aware that padme is pregnant or the scene in ESB is not possible.....
Now what comes into question is when was Anakin aware that Luke was alive, if he is under the impression that Padme is dead and the child....
I believe that to a point Vader never is fully aware of Luke being alive til ESB or he would've been in hot pursuit of the Falcon after he struck obi wan down in ANH...
And Vader definately is never aware he has twins or Leia would've never left his grip in ANH.....

I mean come on, how often do you have the keys to your master and your own destruction in your hands....then they both slip away....

PVS
but he let luke slip away at the end of ESB.
he knew he was his son, and he practically let him go.

he knew luke wasnt dead when he fell at bespin, probably forsaw luke's escape, thus went straight to his star destroyer. if he so desperately wanted luke captured, why did he not jump in his tie and disable the falcon himself? when the falcon escaped at the end of esb, vader didnt flip out like he is so famous for doing when things dont go his way.

he just reached out to luke through the force and tried selling the dark side to him while he was still there. falcon hits light speed, and vader just stands there and says nothing.

guiro72
i think he sensed something and was suspicious from after he killed obi wan and saw luke running for the falcon....can't back that up though, just a feeling i've always had....don't think he knows for sure until after anh....and agreed he never knew about leia....yeah, real strong in the force (the first plot hole/forced addition that doesn't quite work - ah, getting nostalgic)....

Cipher
There wasn't time for Vader to singlehandedly to disable the Falcon.

As for the saber, that was probably Obi's idea.

Gangularis
flip out?? did you see the look on the general's face who was supposed to have been in charge of disabling the hyperdrive??

vader was not peachy about this in the least.

pvs, the more i read your posts, the more juvenile i realize you are when it comes to star wars......... and this would be ok if you didn't act like such a know-it-all about ALL of it.

Gangularis
anyway.. this is a good question.

anakin does know he's going to be a father... so maybe on screen he mentions he wants his child to have his saber....... then again, it doesn't really have to be onscreen at all.

Master Kadub
I forgot to discuss the saber.....

I think that it is something ObiWan
remembers in a conversation or something
with Anakin....maybe something like this..

anakin='if padme bare children i will have to keep their presence unknow to the council'

obi wan='that path you will have to consider when it comes anakin'

anakin='if padme bares me a son, i would like for him to be a jedi someday and have my lightsaber'

obi wan='it is a thought'

hehehe....what a pipe dream..

PVS
gangularis, check your PM
if you have a problem with me, take it up there.

Master Kadub
Gang and PVS.......

you guys be cool....this is just a place to put the smack down without getting smacked.....

plus, i think one of you like the darker anakin anyway.....

Julie
It is pos, however unlikely, that Anakin, er that is good Anakin, knew he'd have a child and buried his feelings...more likely he knew about a boy since he sounds surprised in EpVI to learn Leia is Luke's twin sister

queeq
Maybe he knows PAdme is pregnant and maybe in ROTS he's at some time under the impression that Padme is dead. Would be a possible way to keep him away from Padme when he turns to evil. After all, Padme's kids are going to be the 'last hope'. OB1 and Yoda know this, so when Anakin hears that Padme is dead, that also means the death of his kids and seals off any way back to the light side: what else is tehre to live for in that world where no one appreciates him (in his POV of course). Palpy apprecciates him.
Also, it would add a nice little bit of drama in ESB: seeing his son for the first time brings back memories of the woman he once loved... maybe even the woman he once tried to kill (in ROTS perhaps). "That is why you couldn't kill me..." Brings up interesting possibilities.

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan rolled under Anakin's wild swing and sent a swing of his own into the knee, severing the leg immediately. Anakin dropped his sabre which rolled to Obi-Wan's feet as Anakin glared at his former master with intense hatred.

"Anakin, Please! You are stronger than the darkside. Together, we can save you!" Obi-Wan pleaded.

Anakin's face was filled with both tears and torment.

"The darkside already has saved me!"

Anakin's scream was quickly followed by an incredible current of force lightning aimed at Obi-Wan's head. Obi-Wan ducked and rolled to the side, intent on solving this peacefully.

"What about your child Anakin!?" Obi-Wan screamed back.

Anakin's adrenaline surged along with his hatred and he incredibly leaped at Obi-Wan, calling his lightsabre to him. Before he had a chance to ignite the blade, he and Obi-Wan collided and they both toppled backward over one another. Anakin's momentum sent him over Obi-Wan and a nearby ledge. Obi-Wan's reflexes sent his arm over the ledge, and he managed to grab the hilt of Anakin's sabre, accidently activating the blade, which severed through Anakin's hand, causing him to fall.

"Anakin! NO!" Obi-Wan screamed in horror as his former pupil plunged into the crater and the awaiting lava.

Obi-Wan began to wheep in despair. The closest thing to a family he had ever known was now gone and it was his fault. As he rose to his feet, he noticed Anakin's lightsabre several feet away. He slowly approached it, as memories of Anakin's daring manuevers with that sabre, and the horrible duel he was forced into.

Obi-Wan lifted the sabre and glanced back at the crater before deciding to leave.

"I failed you Anakin, but I will not fail your child," Obi-Wan thought to himself as he attached Anakin's sabre to his belt.

queeq
Your work?

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, I was watching Empire Strikes Back, took a break and thought that up. Could be better

captainmidnight
the real question is when was ben gonna get luke,so he could train him,i mean christ it took 19 years for ben to have contact with luke........

lucasfilm
CLOSE!!!

darktim1
well with the empire going out to the outer rim planets they had more places to search so maybe he was being silent for the time until luke came to ask him for help don't know if he could have trained luke while he was young because uncle would not allow because of what happened to his father that's my opinion.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, if Obi-Wan had been training Luke from early ages either:
A. Obi-Wan would have done the same thing with Anakin, and Luke would totally flip out and kill Obi-Wan.
B. Palpatine or Vader would sense such a great disturbance in the force and they would bomb the Lars homestead earlier.
C. Luke would complain to Obi-Wan about how the lightsabre destroyed the power converters he just got.

Master Kadub
Ben was probably just waiting for the right time to train Luke and/or Leia.....but pressing issues forced things into the present.....

Like the Death Star and Leia flying across the galaxy searching out ole General Kenobi...

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan knew that the force would inevitably lead Luke to him when the time was right.

Darth_Duffy
i'd say it was more to do with r2-d2 stick out tongue

captainmidnight
impressive........most impressive

PVS
lucasfilm=rammstein

captainmidnight
isnt rammstein the guy who stole fan art and pawned it off as his own,man...what a dip shit

Master Kadub
The droids were guided by the force......
I think R2 had a special program to search out
ObiWan in case of trouble.....

'leia'-help me Obi Wan, you're our only hope

captainmidnight
mabey,r2 does say he was once the property of a obi-wan kenobi.....

Master Kadub
Who knows.....maybe R2 never had his memory wiped.....
he definately could keep a secret better than 3PO....

3 PO is a tattle tale.....

That is why he gets blasted by the Stormtroopers on cloud city.....

captainmidnight
well it helps that r2 doesnt really speak......he just beeps!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.