Dr. Octagon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathblow
So i bought these guys' album a few weeks back, but i've only managed to properly get into it the last couple of days, mainly cos its one of the weirdest records I have ever heard. Half of the lyrics make no sense, and none of the skits make any sense (''oh f**k! A patient just died in room 105! ....oh shit there's a horse in the hospital!''). It's really great though, the rhymes sound great even though their sci-fi gibberish, its consistently funny, and the beats are excellent. Really mis-matched and awkward, but they work.

For those who never heard of Dr. Oc (that'll be the majority i'm guessin), they are Kool Keith formerly of Ultramagnetic MC's on the mic, and Dan The Automator producing the beats. They created a character called 'Dr. Octagon' and assume his identity to narrate some hella, hella weird stories about aliens, hospitals and freaky experiments and all manner of essentially random subjects.

''Space Ranger, contact tubes, send synthetics
I program one and go to Earth through the fax machine
My number's Seven-Oh-Nine Seven-Five-Five Six-E-L-Three
Computer file; Nine-Three
Digital level, standing on the terminal
Upside down through polygons fightin' pentagons
Changin' blue skin, my brown color's comin' back
I'm psychedelic this time, come in rainbow
Look at the green lights and y'all see my brain glow
Five colors: yellow, black and red and green...purple.''

how can anyone not dig lyrics like that? laughing out loud

any opinions?

Darth Revan
sweet droolio

HockeyHorror
i use to have Dr. Octagon sig droolio

k back to homework sad

ChickinMeat
my buddy bought that album on impulse because the album cover art was good.

i really like DocOc, his music is nice and wacky, and with me, the wackier the music the better! or sinister, sinister is cool too, like DJ Krush

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.