grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
just a quick question: does grievous have 4 arms or 2? ive seen pictures of him with 2 and 4 arms. can someone answer with proof?

Mortanius
He has two arms that splits in two. So he has 4 arms.

SomeGuy57
Correct Mortanius, that is how Grievous can use four lightsabers.

Mist
???????
what?
how the hell can he do that?

cal31
He's a robot.

moonwalker741
hes amish and the damn communists stole his cookie

Cipher
He's a Transformer......

Mortanius
It would be kind of cool if he was!

Clai Keboa
It still sounds a bit silly having a droid (cyborg) wield lightsabers doesnt it?. I mean what was GL thinkin of?. Sidious has Vader and possibly Dooku, then a whole bunch of Clone troopers to kill the Jedi - why do we need another villan?.
Also if Grevious is leader of the droid army - then who was the cyborg in Ep2?

Batman316
Grevious is there just to show us how good Ob1 is. ]

Cyborg in EP2? did I miss something? I don't remember anything vaguely resembling Grevious.

PVS
i wonder if his armor is resistant to a lightsaber cut,
thus obiwan having to use an unorthodox means of killing him...

Batman316
Rumour is that Obi 'shoots' him. after a kick ass duel (Grevious with 4 lightsabers Obi with one) it ends up in a lucky blaster shot.

lol sounds stupid but it wouldn't be the first time when a potentially great scene turns into a joke.

Clai Keboa
Batman316

Leader of the "Techno Union". I haven't heard him mentioned before

Clai Keboa
lol so it's Indiana Jones & the Raiders of the Lost Ark all over again is it.....
You know the scene.... Where Indy shoots the swordsman in the red!!

I hope Obi's fight isnt the same

cal31
Man, how many Grevious threads are there gonna be?

jedijunky1138
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

captainmidnight
LAST ONE I PROMISE

Mace Skywalker
Does he really kill greivous? Personally I think its cool to have a droid wield sabers. its different and new.

Master Kadub
I am not to thrilled about the Grevious character personally;
but i can follow the progression logic of .....

And by the way.....how many more Grievious threads will there be...?

captainmidnight
hey kadub to you think grievous is a diversion from the ep3 plot?

mephistodesigns
The leader of the Techno Union just pledged droids like the Trade Federation did. He wasn't a bad @$$ fighter like Grievous. The Seperatists "hired" Grievous because, according to Insider Magazine, he's programed with every known fighting style in the galaxy, including lightsaber styles. So when he fights Jedi, he recognizes what they're going to do before hand and is able to whoop on 'em. But, he doesn't have the force, so he isn't quick enough to block blaster shots. (which I find odd since he's got all this mechanical brain/calculating software, but he can't quickly figure out the tragectory and speed of a blaster bolt and deflect it. )

captainmidnight
I might be wrong but i think GG is force sensative,i mean yeah he's alot of robot (cyborg) but i still think he is capable of using the force,if he isnt able to use the force i'm gonna lose alot of respect for the jedis.....

PVS
^^^^
i think the same
many will argue the "only two there are" line,
but i dont think someone who is evil and uses the force
is automatically a sith.

captainmidnight
i agree PVS,i think hes kind of a rogue,he's too complex to be characterized into a group,meaning hes not a jedi,hes just a killing machine that is versatile when it comes to combat,and it might be the force that gives him this advantage.....

PVS
all i know is that a jedi is precognative, so
even if GG was waving around 50 lightsabers,
a jedi should be able to easily kill him.
however, it takes obiwan to do the deed,
after getting his a$$ whooped for a while that is.

another thing i think is possible is that GG's armor is
resistant to a lightsaber cut. thus obiwan having to use
a "clumsy and random" weapon to kill him wink

captainmidnight
thats kinda weird about the armor,dont know about that,he's kind of a hunter,i would like to think that like a good hunter he would bow out gracefully if it came to defeat,kinda like the predator movie when the predator wanted it to be a fair fight between him and his prey.....

PVS
you assume he has honor?

CinematicESP
Do we have any idea what his ship looks like yet?

captainmidnight
well kinda...i mean he's the leader of all those droids,he didnt get that position by getting his name pulled out of a hat,so i would like to think he is vain,he is good at what he does so in turn thinks very highly of himself,so i guess i dont know if its honor or just that he doesnt think he could be taken out,mabey its both,i guess i'm saying he wouldnt have that kind of armor becouse he doesnt believe he would become that vulnerable to need it....

Darth Nizzle
Some people have said this before im saying it again wat retarted ending would end like after an awsome duel Obi_wan and grievous are standing and Ob! pulls out a gun i could do that and not break a god damb sweat i think if Lucas willl rite that shit he willl screw up star wars more then ever.

PVS
OH C'MON!!! its not THAT bad.
if its done right, it can be very cool.

chilled monkey
Personally I think that he may have some force abilities, but maybe he is neither a Jedi nor a Sith, but from another, different school of thought with a different philosophy. It mkes sense that there are other such Force-using groups, not just the Jedi and the Sith.

In any case, I look forwards to seeig him in action. After all, in the cartoon, he took out five Jedi, including Ki-Adi-Mundi from the council.

captainmidnight
i dont think he nabbed mundi.......

Clai Keboa
Is it not possible that GG is Sifo Dyas?. Reconstructed after he died?

chilled monkey
Clai Keboa: Possible, although I always thought 'Sifo Diyas' was just an alias for Darth Sidious (notice how similar the names are.)

captainmidnight: I could be mistaken, but it looked like Mundi to me.

I'd say that Grievous does have his own warped sense of honour, although it's also a lot about pride and vanity. Again in the cartoon, when he has a group of Jedi cornered and he says "know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death."

There are a lot of possible explanations for who and what Grievous is and why he's so lethal. We'll have to wait for the movie to know for sure.

Clai Keboa
Chilled monkey - I just thought of what's been said before.... People have said that Vaders suit has pieces of GG's body in it. So going on that, could it be that Vaders breathing and Life support systems come from GG? that would lead me to believe that it was built to keep someone alive and not that GG wished to become a cyborg. Soooo maybe GG was on the verge of dying and he was quickly put into this cyborg chassis? (sound familiar?). The use of 4 Lightsabres gets me thinking too. I thought that this kind of weapon was dangerous to anyone not trained (i know he's mostly machine - therefore he's programmed, b4 anyone says anything). It just seems in my mind that syfo diyas is GG, it would take a jedi to kill a jedi!!!!. I could be wrong though, i was once b4 (age of 6 - tried 2 put a square peg in a round hole - silly me!)

captainmidnight
i just said that becouse mundi is in ep3, in chapter 20 a jedi gets a hold of kenobi and i think he rescues him in chapter 21,this is just a hunch though....but mundi does survive grievous

GCG
I tought that it was confirmed that OBI1 defeats GG with the Huge blaster GG carries on his vehicle on Utapau.

captainmidnight
i know he gets shot,but i have no idea how it all goes down.....

GCG
GG's vehicle looks like big wheel with 4 retractable legs
and its also equipped with a blaster.

The wheel is for speed on flat land while the legs are to manouvere inside the caves of Utapau.

I think Obi1 and other Jedi chase GG to Utapau inside the caves ................then somehow Obi1 blasts GG with that powerul blaster.

captainmidnight
yeah...i'm pyched about the generals duel with obi-wan,should be cool

GCG
all i found was

http://ptgreat.freewebspace.com/GrievousMelee.gif

http://ptgreat.freewebspace.com/GrievousSpin.gif

http://ptgreat.freewebspace.com/GrievousFightsTheJedi.gif

mephistodesigns
he didn't bust out four arms in the cartoon. but apparently he will in the comic, based on a lot of promo art for the Republic series.

captainmidnight
i hope he busts out the 4 arms, that would be sweet.....

HEY GCG-in that little piece of chapter 20 that you have,GG has a really wide stance,do you think it would be safe if you were a jedi to do a drop and roll between GG's legs,come up and take a swipe with the lightsabre just above his torso,just watching that made me think what i would to destroy him...could it work?

jedijunky1138
The reason GG has lightsabers in the first place is because he starts collecting them from his Jedi victims. His Speed makes him powerful that is why the other Jedi fall victim to him. They are not as powerfull in the force as OBI-WAN. The fact that GG can't block a blaster bolt to me says that he is not force strong.

GCG
the blaster we are talking about is not a little one; its this big gun on his vehicle

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/1797/GG.jpg

what book are you talking about ?

captainmidnight
pay no mind G....those are some sweet ass pics man,thats the first time i saw GG's vehicle..thanx man!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.