The Butterfly Effect 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Do you think they should make it but focus it on Evan's grandson or something? and he uses photos instead of journals?
I think they should.

botankus
I think it was fine how it was. Leave it at that.

Cinemaddiction
No need for a sequel.

SlickRick69
no need for a sequel, and if you saw the Director's Cut, which is how the movie was originally designed to end, then you know there's no way for Evan to have had a son, let alone a grand son...

I didn't like the theatrical endings as much as the director's cut ending, and I doubt a sequel would bring anything fresh and unexplored to the screen... it was perfect as a one-shot.

WindDancer
No need for a sequel and no need for the first film. thumb down

Primitive Screwhead
Too much sequel-itis in Hollywood. I'd like to see more original movies.

<<Solo>>
Exactly.

Agent Elrond
Sequals ruin the movie. There's no need for one.

makaky
Ditto!

lil bitchiness
I liked the first move! But second one would suck beyond...all suckage.

spidergrl
reali ppl??
think about it. if it was evans grand-children or who ever it is reali i think it would be awsome. say someone died and he was looking through old photos and he suddenly went back in time. he wouldn't know what wat happened and he would have to figure it out and find out more about his dad/evan.
if the director did it the right way, i think it would be awsome

Gelli
ya sequals do ruin the movie but i luv the butterfly effect movie, they should make something similar 2 it........naw then it won't be the only one, nevermind, i shouldn't have voted

<<Solo>>
Once again horrible.

MC Mike
No more Kutcher. stick out tongue

spidergrl
how can you think its horrible &lt;&lt;Solo&gt;&gt;?? i with blackc@t in this one ay!! yes i was admit that normaly sequals do stuck but i think if they made another one it would be wick. and aston didn't do that a bad of job, he could have dodne worse. i reackon teenage evan did well

<<Solo>>
spidergirl read the quote, that's why I think it's a horrible Idea.

spidergrl
so you want a sequal??? or not???
you're just confusing me!!! do you like butterfly effect or wat

BlackC@t
He obviously doesn't.......for some odd reason.

What is it with you people? none of you want sequels, did it ever occur to any of you that sometimes sequels are better then the orginals?
if you wont go for a sequel then how about a prequel? with Evan's father? but I bet most of you will say something like 'no need, blah blah blah'
Of course, there's no need really for any kind of movie except to entertain people.

Primitive Screwhead
Good sequels are the exception, not the rule. While the occassional successful follow-up slips out, a majority of them just can't match up to what made the movie in the first place. And when a sequel DOES do well, it just prompts the release of even weaker follow-up sequels. The two recent Star Wars movies, Alien 3-4, Terminator 3, Die Hard 3, Matrix Revolutions, Harry Potter 3, Batman Forever/Batman & Robin are all examples of movie series are going in the wrong direction... and these are all major film franchises. Imagine the gambles a sleeper hit like BE would have to take.

And a prequel is nothing more than a sequel in reverse. A second movie based on the original premise, but only earlier in time... sounds like a sequel to me.

spidergrl
you have a point about all those movies but there are some that are awsome. LOTR (well kind of), spiderman 2 and others.

blackc@t has a point, i think it would be awsum as

BlackC@t
Quit agreeing with me! it's creeping me out!

spidergrl
dnt snap your little lassey fingers at me grl friend

Primitive Screwhead
Again, you've mentioned exceptions to the rule... and movies that fall under the high budget blockbuster category as well.

spidergrl
sorry

KingAdRock
I don't think they should make another one. I mean he said to the girl that he didn't want to see her ever again, and life was normal for him. I just can't see for what would happen. And I mean when he has all of these past things and when it comes back to normal he has these bloody seizures...he will end up killing him self..

BlackC@t
You didn't read the whole thread because I said they should use a different character instead of Evan.

botankus
I see your point, BlackC@t, but I believe I would have just as hard of a time comprehending that as I am going to have with The Ring 2.

Wolfie
I really think a sequel would be a bad idea. Taking this any further with Evan is just going against Evan burning his journals. Taking it further with any children of Evan and such is just asking to be a typical bad sequel. Dramas usually should just stick with the one movie and leave it at that.

FYI, I loved The Butterfly Effect. I saw it in theaters and was just in awe. The day it came out, I rushed straight for a video store to buy it.

Drumdude1167
Wait, there could be a sequal, because at the end of the NON directors cut movie, even lives and he eventually could have a kid, OK

JKozzy
Precisely.

ashtonsNO1fan
but how could they make it evans grandson unless they make it using the uk cinema endin or the stalker ending. the happy sappy ending is jus too fake. i think they'd hav to do it using the little girl andrea had, i don't no how but hey it's sci-fi they'll find a way. they could make a prequel too about one of the stillbirth children before evan or his dad or grandad

ashtonsNO1fan
p.s if no one understood the last post send me a message

~TheDeppFreak~
if there was gonna b a 2nd movie...i'd onlu wacht it if i had nothing better 2 do wiv my time erm

wicker_man
Having just watched this move recently i think the Hollywood execs would have one hell of a time trying to make a worthy sequel, it was generally a case of "it was fine how it ended".

~TheDeppFreak~
yeah...

Peeves-04
there cant be hes dead

vvvrulz
There shouldn't be a sequel, but thats never stopped them before.

JKozzy
What is it with thirteen year olds making retarted threads about retarted sequels that will never happen? I see no logic...

This thread should be closed. The movie will never happen, unless someone's desprite for cash. The first one wasn't good enough to constitute a second helping.

Reborn Again
What's left to make? He's dead. He killed himself to make everything well in the world. It wasn't a very good movie anyway. I don't like Aston K... I can't get over his Kelso character on That 70's Show.

vvvrulz
Well, there have been very average movies that have spawned sequels. These days they'll keep em coming as long as there is cash to be poached.

Wolfie
Look at Baby Geniuses 2. The quality of the movie doesn't matter when deciding whether or not to make a sequel.

BlackC@t
Jkozzy: I really don't think it should be closed, there seems to be no reason, apart from you flaming others.

People, if they did make a sequel then it's obvious it wouldn't be about Evan, and he's only dead in the directors cut.

vvvrulz
Yeah, they could follow it on with other characters.. but is there really a point?

This movie was obviously designed to be a one-off.

BlackC@t
Unfortunatly, you're all wrong.

I just read an interview with the writers and directors and they said they are definetly thinking about a prequel to do with the father. evil face

Wolfie
Wow. I didn't see that coming. I was just discussing a "what if". At least they're not doing an Ashton Kutcher's son idea. This better not ruin The Butterfly Effect for me!

BlackC@t
It shouldn't do. The writers are brillaint and I'm sure they'll make it even better then the first. I'm glad they're thinking about a prequel, they can't just leave it with one great movie and not do a sequel, I want to know what happened to Jason. (Evan's father)

Wolfie
We have a good idea what happened to him from the first one. Jason had his photo albums, started going back in time and changing things, things got worse and worse, and he wound up in an asylum without his photo albums anymore. Then he tried to stop Evan from changing things and was killed by the guards.

vvvrulz
Its pointless if you ask me, cos we already know how his father's story will end. Who cares.

BlackC@t
So? others want to know more then that. I want to know why he went back in time, what he changed, and what happened when he changed it.

botankus
I think he goes back in time and hooks up with BlackC@t in the sequel. I think she'd go for that one! wink

EmmaWatsonFan
I never see TBE...:-(

BlackC@t
botankus! furious

It's meant to be a secret! ninja

Wolfie
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8861

I cannot describe how much this sucks. Stupid Hollywood can't leave a good movie alone.

ashtonsNO1fan
i think it'd be really tough to beat the first one.

Darth_Big_Boy
NO!

forumcrew
Originally posted by Wolfie
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8861

I cannot describe how much this sucks. Stupid Hollywood can't leave a good movie alone.

yea i hate when they make a sequel thats just a remake of the first one with a new cast

BlackC@t
This is not a Sci-Fi or Fantasy movie, it's a thriller.

Why the Hell is it here?

BlackC@t
A sequel!

Yay!
I'm so happy.

IceWithin
YES!! I really hope there's a sequel

Wolfie
Need I remind you what happened when they made a sequel (which was more of a remake) of The Crow? These movies don't turn out good.
Originally posted by BlackC@t
This is not a Sci-Fi or Fantasy movie, it's a thriller.

Why the Hell is it here?
...Are you serious? confused

If a movie about time travel isn't considered Sci-Fi or Fantasy I don't know what is.

BlackC@t
Definetly not Fantasy.

It was a lot more of a thriller then a Sci-Fi.

You have all been decived!
There is going to be a sequel, fools! evil face
Muahahaha! evil face

Wolfie
I don't understand why Hollywood still calls them sequels when they don't involve the same characters. They're like remakes.

BlackC@t, movies can have more than one genre attatched to it. IMDb calls it a Drama/Thriller/Fantasy. I say anything about time travel has to be Sci-Fi too.

BlackC@t
Patatoe, potatoe...

epro
NOOO! Great way of ruining a perfectly great movie. No no no no no. I'd die.

hayden's minx
No - I liked it, best to leave it as a good stand alone film eh.

ashtonsNO1fan
ITS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR 2007. THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT 2!

Protector
A sequal would only work if he had a son.

Protector
Is there any information about a son. Hopfully with that hot girl.

Wolfie
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/the-butterfly-effect-2.html

It's funny how they say, "The Phenomenon continues" as if the first movie was such an original idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.