Rik Mayall and Adrain Edmondson comic Genius'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sex Pistol
Whoever out there who doesnt know who Rik Mayall is, he is the funniest actor ever! He plays Rik in the young ones, Alan B'stard in the new Statesman, Richard Richard in Bottom and Drop dead fred in the popular film.

Adrian Edmondson complete genius at work! He plays Vyvian in The young ones, Eddie Hiltler in Bottom and is partner with Rik in the dangerous brothers. He also writes and directs films and sitcoms.

I doubt most americans, canadians, or basically anyone who isnt brittish has heard of them but please join in this discussion because you may learn something about two brilliant comic actors.

mechmoggy
Bottom is absolute class. cool

Sex Pistol
It totally is isnt it. My brother went to see one of the live shows.

ladygrim
i prefer him in the young ones....

Sex Pistol
I ****ing love the young ones! Thats my favourite ever programme!

ladygrim
wink

ladygrim
snap ..

Sex Pistol
Bloody brilliant!

ladygrim
indeed ..

Sex Pistol
Whats your favourite episode?

Sex Pistol
U there?

ladygrim
soz .. erm ' video nasty ' one ... and the ne when they go on that quiz show ... lol

mechmoggy
Bambi!

laughing out loud

Sex Pistol
Mines bored

ladygrim
lol .. they are all great smile

Sex Pistol
Arent they just. Whos ya fave character?

ladygrim
vivean soz i cant spell ...lol.. it sounds like its ment tolol

slashwristbarbi
Ive neva really watched the young ones, but i think its sumthing id enjoy.....just thought id join in!

ladygrim
smile

Sex Pistol
Hi! It feels as though i havent talked to you in age and it was only last Friday. Are looking forward to Saturday cos i am.

My fave Charactor is Vyvian and Rik together. I love it when Rik wont admit he was a virgin so vyvian beats him up until he admits it. lol.

On that episode rik thinks he sleeps with a girl played by Jennifer Saunders when in real life Adrian Edmondson (Vyvian) is married to her!

ladygrim
lol....

Sex Pistol
Has anyone seen guest house paradiso yet, cause i havent and i really want to. Is it any good?

Sex Pistol
Has anyone seen guest house paradiso yet, cause i havent and i really want to. Is it any good?

Sex Pistol

ladygrim
nope sorry...

Sex Pistol
Nope you havent seen it, or nope its not good?

ladygrim
not seen it ..

Sex Pistol
I really want to see it!

ladygrim
smile

Sex Pistol
Oh...Testicals

ladygrim
no expression ....

BlackC@t
What the f**k?

For some strange reason I get the feeling the Sex Pistol is really Daniel Radcliffe.......................

If you are...........I hate you no expression

Sex Pistol
Its a saying that Rik Mayall's character (Richard Richard) says in one of the episodes.

BlackC@t
It's not what you said but more of your interests are the same. It's funny that you haven't said no to being Dan shifty

Sex Pistol
What?

shaber
I've seen the New Statesman, haven't a clue about Edmondson though

Sex Pistol
I watch the new statesman every night! Last night it was the one where Alan gets shot.

Adrian Edmondson is Rik Mayalls best mate, comedy partner and a genius in his own right!

If you've ever seen The young ones or Bottom, thats the best (in my opinion) of the Rik and Ade partneship.

shaber
Margaret Thatcher could crack nuts with her fingers! eek!

Sex Pistol
lol!

Brilliant!

ladygrim
lol...

Placebo_fan
isnt Vyvyan the way you spell it? Think so. If you wanted to know thre ya go. I like 'Oil' because i think its funny when Rick and Vyvyan are fighting about whose bedroom it is, and then vyvyan (casually as ever) just sets the bed on fire,,then they force each other to have the room but none of them will take it. So they run out to the top of the stairs and both shout down at the same time 'Neil, your bed's on fire!'. Genius. happy

Sex Pistol
BEDROOMS on fire.

ladygrim
lol... i like them al smile

Sex Pistol
AL Who's Al?

lol i know you meant all.

My brother went to see bottom live, and while Ade's character was hitting Riks character over the head with a jug or something he shouted "Oh my god im having a quad bike flash back!"

If you dont understand what that means, Rik Mayall was in a quad bike accident a few years back, and was in a coma for five days, No one knew if he'd ever be the same again.

ladygrim
smile

Sex Pistol
I dont think a quad bike accident is something to smile about What the f**k?

Placebo_fan
Its all good fun til someone loses EVERY LIMB THEY HAVE- AND their eyes.

Sex Pistol
Exactly!

Placebo_fan
yes. dog poo dog poo lovely lovely dog poo, dog poo on the chair...
All on the sides, all on there.,
Lovely lovely smelly dog poo!!!!!!!!

Sex Pistol
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Placebo_fan
Are you laughing out loud in the computa room, you silly girl? CONTROL YOURSELF!

Placebo_fan
have to go, acting is here. see yaz. xxx

Sex Pistol
Some pics of Ade and Rik on The big brekfast...

http://www.orangeneko.com/rik/pages/bbf07.jpg

http://www.orangeneko.com/rik/pages/bbf31.jpg

ladygrim
keewl

Placebo_fan
They are such good friends. Even if Rik does have adrians nametag on his crotch...

ladygrim
thats just disturbing ....no expression

Placebo_fan
i know. wierd.

ladygrim
indeed..

Sex Pistol
Theres that word again!

But they are brill.
In my tutor yesturday at college we did a quiz, and one of the questions was 'who plays Vyvian in the young ones' and i was the only one who got the answer right. Some people wrote Adrian Mole. lol.
No one belived me that i was obsesed with Rik and Ade, so i should them the pics of them that i have in the back of my file. That totally shut them up!

ladygrim
at least u knew u were rite

Sex Pistol
Yep! And now everyone else knows i was right aswell

ladygrim
lol.... Rik Mayall is in a movie which is coming out soon .. 'Churchill th hollywood years' it looks really really cool

Sex Pistol
When is that coming out. I want to see it but i havent seen any adverts for it.

ladygrim
i saw an advert when i went the cinema but they didnt have a date as per usual it sed 'coming soon'

Mr Zero
its the new "comic strip" movie - all the old gang are in it.

ladygrim
and it loooks really good smile

Sex Pistol
Mint! I cant wait know. Oh that is 'Absolutly Fabulous'

Sorry...

ladygrim
smile

Sex Pistol
I am really happy now. Youve totally made my day.

Sex Pistol
I am really happy now. Youve totally made my day.

Natch
I have both series of Young Ones and find them so funny.My fav Is Vivion and Rick

Peeves-04
bottoms the best they ever made i would love to see them both live

Sex Pistol
My brother did. He says they were fantastic. He rubs it in everyday that he;s seen them live and im like their biggest fan. Well i feel like i am.

ladygrim
you seem like their biggest fab to me .. smile

ladygrim
i meant fan

Sex Pistol
Oh ok laughing

ladygrim
i type to fast ... lol

Sex Pistol
I see. cool

ladygrim
stick out tongue oh ouch i just rubbed olbas oil in my eye

Sex Pistol
WHAT!
Er... whens the new film coming out?

ladygrim
still not sure .... hmmm i shall search the internet to find out ,...

Sex Pistol
Ok cheers

ladygrim
cant find anything at mo... my comps decided to go as slow as possible

Sex Pistol
All right. In your own time... laughing

Sex Pistol
Ive just saw an advert for it on the internet. It looks mint. Im a little disappointed Ade isnt in it but Rik looks good.
Has anyone seen that Which advert with him in?

ladygrim
dont think so...

Sex Pistol
Its really good.

wicker_man
My comedy heroes both of 'em, they are definitely up their with Morecambe and Wise for comedy genius partnerships.

Sex Pistol
They are my comedy heroes too. I like the fact that their best friends in real life aswell. It really adds to the effect of the joke, because you think they are like that all of the time.

Libertine
'Bottom' UktvG 2 Thursday 9:20 pm

ladygrim
have u seen adrain on fame acdemy

Libertine
No. Is he on that, god im gonna have to watch it now.

ladygrim
yep hes quite a good singer ..wink

Libertine
Yeah i saw him on it last nght singing a little less conversatin, i didnt watch it all though, so i dont know who ot voted out.

ladygrim
not sure either but it wasnt him wink

Libertine
I didnt see last nights, what did he sing?

Piggle Humsy
Turning Japanese!
Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so! stick out tongue
It was hilarious! laughing out loud
he did it well, I thought it was a really good performance!

Piggle
one eye

Libertine
I saw him last night! Woo! First to go in.

ladygrim
i hope he gets in the finale ... but unfortunatly i dont think hell win

Libertine
I think he will, he's such a laugh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.