The Official Gundam Wing thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
Well since i havnt seen anny one else make a thread about this AWSOME movie i thought that i would this is a realy cool movie i advise you to go and see it as soon as u can

Kitoky
I haven't seen it yet but I'm a big fan of Gundam Wing.

fungrl515
well, at first, i had never heard of gundam wing, but then i saw this mopvie playing on cartoon network, so i saw it, and then became a huge fan. i loved it. a definite must see. go to b+n and get it for a low price. it's amazing.

Trinity_Matrix
I love Gundam Wing, first anime that I saw the whole series of big grin Endless Waltz is great ^_^

SpikeSpiegel
EW is cool

Reborn Again
I just finished watching the 49 episode Gundam Wing series; I hope GW: Endles Waltz is as promising.

TrAnCeDuO
TRUST ME IT IS!!!DUO IS MY FAVORITE!!!(ALL HAIL THE DEATHGOD)

Shorty2Forty
i like Zechs

TrAnCeDuO
gundam wing just flat out pwns..

dragonpisces272
i think they played endless waltz in cartoon network about 3 years ago; but I dunno if they played it again. Yes, endless waltz is a great ending to the series. In the end, they finally play the 2nd gundam wing song with the actual words (I think the song was 'ten years after' or sumthing). Did anyone buy the models and actually build the gundams?

venomfan
all i know about the entire series was that the first Tal Giese was rad, can any of you help me find a pic to make a sig?

dragonpisces272
what pic?

venomfan
well anything really,you know wich one im talkin bout right? the big white one with a robot mo-hawk thing going on...
if you can find one were it looks like

Reborn Again
Just finished watching it!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!! SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!

TrAnCeDuO
that it is...that it is big grin

dragonpisces272
yeah, you cant end the gundam series without watching it

SaTsuJiN
Im not saying wing is bad, but I prefer the older gundam.

Ness
GUNDAM KIKS ASS !!! IM THE NO.1 FAN THANX who is your fav gundam mine is heavyarms all hail god

el_barto
death syth fan TILL THE END

BTW: i am the god of death laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN
the one with the angel wings that shoots missiles was pretty awesome. I dont really know the exact name though

el_barto
wing zero custom big grin

TrAnCeDuO
*duo fan*

dragonpisces272
i dont really know who my fav. in there...I just love the gundams big grin

'chelle
Gundam W is great. I have the box set, Endless Waltz, and a website dedicated to the series.
It took me a while to figure Treiz out. I love the political drama.. and of course sh*t blowing up ^_^

beastnpyro
aaaaaaaaaaahh... i luv gundam wings aswell!!!!! hehe... rei is soooooo hot!!!!! hehehe....

dragonpisces272
I love to build the gundams but they take a hecka long time to finish

TrAnCeDuO
im still trying to find the model kits...

deathsyth
i like the haveryarms cutsom

deathsyth
no way man my too

VENOMfan
Talgeese 1-3 it's a mobile suit i know but still it rocked

neo2
I loved Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz......but the unedited/extended version is much better than the edited.....buy the DVD...It's fantastic, it also includes a gundam encyclopedia....textless endings, photo galleries....and trailers for more gundam and other anime...

dragonpisces272
yeah I have the DVD too big grin

el_barto
i dont got the DVD sad

SpikeSpiegel
I'm going to get the DVD after I've collected the series. So far I've got Operation 1 and 2. I'll get the rest when I've got the cash.

SpikeSpiegel
Which reminds me. On PLAY ALL mode of the Dvd's (possibly it's only on region 2's) does it skip to the french version after the second episode? It has for me on both of them and I was wondering if it was just me.

big gay kirk
The Tallgeese is currently sitting atop my monitor... Lend your support now to the Treyze Faction; it may be your only chance...

TrAnCeDuO
dammit! i seriously want all this stuff...got any good places i can look for em?

LeAtHerRFace
I liked the Gundam Wing the best.

quiball
Gundam Wing

Kitoky
Gundam Wing is great, and then Gundam Seed is a second runner-up.

Jace_Rave
gundam wing is awesome
gundam seed is coming along really well
But I loved the Full Vernier Gundam (the hero gundam from 0083)

Jace_Rave
3 words
Wing kicked ass

Kitoky
Hmmm 0083, is that the one with Nina Purpleton and all...Her name is the only one I can think of right now..

Jace_Rave
I don't know, I didn't actually watch the series alot. It's the one where the enemy steals GP-02, which has nukes. Heres a pic of the gundams

Jace_Rave
heres the enemy one

xzero
I love Wing Zero,he is the best and most powerful,the only one who can even get close to his speed is talgeese III,but zero is still faster

crazy_c
I've only seen Gundam wing so i pick that. yes

Jace_Rave
I hated the Wing Zero and Heero. Heero tried to be to bad ass, and the only reason Wing Zero was so strong, was because he had the giant buster rifle.
Deathscythe Hell is the best. (or Epyon with Zechs)

Shinigamiko
^-^ I LOVE Gundam Wing!! I have the box set and the UnEdited OVA Version with the special movie on it, and ...I tried to build the models... they all kinda broke though... LOL D-Hell Custom is sitting on my desk right now, and from my Screenname you can figure out one of my favorite charries right? LoL, yea I like Duo (For those who dont know his nickname is Shinigami, japanese for God of Death, and Shinigamiko means Child of God of Death...yea...) Heero, and Trowa. I LUV 1x2!! ::snuggles her invisble Heero and Duo dolls:: Are there any 1x2 fans out there? Or 1x3? Or Yaoi fans in general?
XD The only thing in the series I cant stand is RELENA!!! AGH she grinds my nerves! In the movie she's alright, her voice doesnt make me scream as it does in the series(and she doesnt wear pink that much XD), but in the series, man! Dammit Heero, KILL her!!!!!!!!! LOL, I groaned everytime he didnt kill her...

Jace_Rave
got some pics

Jace_Rave
this would be better if it was Deathscythe

Reborn Again
I have a Region Free version of the 49 ep. series. English dubbed. No problems. $34 off ebay. Look for it! I also have the same for the movie. Japanese imports for less than the U.S. version and they are virtually the same, except the Japanese have no copyright laws so they can burn anything. I would recommend you look on ebay to complete you collection. There's nothing wrong with getting want you want for a cheaper price with the exact same quality and DVD features. And it's perfectly legal.

quiball
awesome movie, except the gundams look really different...it was weird

MakubeX
gundam wing for me is the best. i kinda didn't get gundam x

bardock
talk about anything related to gundam wing.

WindDancer
Because of the amount of Gundam threads in the forum I had to merged all of them here. Please use this thread for topics regarding The Gundam Wing anime universe.

WD

Reborn Again
However, I think the movie is weak by comparsion to the series. IMO it doesn't have the same kick as the series does, it's not as serious and entertaining. If they did clone someone, I wouldn't have cloned Trey's daughter... I would have cloned him! He gave the series class.

bardock
i really liked gundam wings storyline it had a political feel to it. and the pilots of the gundams (hero troya dou wufei catra not sure on spelling) but they all had differences but then they had similaraties. my fave was heavy arms/troya.

'Vegeta'
My fav would have to be wufei? not sure on spelling but i agree with bardock with the political vibe to it.

maverickeagle
there r other Gundam shows and movies also. i own it on dvd it is good (aspecially the movie version besides the ova version), but i don't recommond G Gundam or SD Gundam. stay 2 the orgional Mobil Suit Gundam story, about the colonies and the earth. smile

maverickeagle
actually wing 0 has a twin buster rifle must stronger. the epyon v.s. wing 0 (wing 0 using beam saber amd machine cannons on shoulders) they will be evenly matched, but heero yuy is not at all a normal human by big time, because if u watched the show heero surive a fall over 50-100 feet above sea level and walk away from including that he stud up with ease from the ground after the fall. so think about it depends on the condition the pilots r n the battle of their body, that is.

crazy_c
blink i should pay more attention

bardock
bump

soundtrack
lol. i loved that show, especially "endless waltz"

bardock
yeah the movie was great.

soundtrack
i taped it along time ago when it came on toonami and i used to watch it all the time stick out tongue . i was just thinking the other day that i need to watch it again (one of my favorite parts is when heero is trying to get through the ground barrier *at the end of the movie* and marimaia tells him to try and heeros response is something like "roger that". lol. im such a dork stick out tongue

bardock
heero is badass. i cant belive he is my age

soundtrack
lol, they all are.

sailormoon
I loved Endless Waltz (sigghhh...). What a movie! I really loved the music. I just didn't like the end when Heero and Releena don't say anything to each other really. Is there a movie after this?

soundtrack
i dunno? i dont think so, but cant really give you a straight answer either erm .

bardock
who do you got.hand to hand or with limited weapons

bardock
take the quiz

http://quizilla.com/users/granate/quizzes/Gundam%20Wing%20Personality%20Quiz/

i was zechs

soundtrack
i think that the spike vs. heero fight would be short, but interesting while it lasted. even though i love spike and know that he as some great moves, i think i would have to put my money on heero (hes a freakin' badass mother f'er). and com'on youre putting a guy who died by a sword against someone who servived from a self-detinating gundam....give spike a break! lol

oh, and by the way. on that quizilla 'gundam character' quiz, i got my man 'duo'.

bardock
spike does have reach though

TrAnCeDuO
i got duo as well...(i thought i was gonna get wu fei there for a second messed)..as for your question im not too sure myself...herro must have learned some martial arts for him to kick those two paramedics asses...but spike seems to be a full time jeet kune do person...so i dunno...

soundtrack
i think i would still have to go with heero, just b/c he is 'the perfect soldier'. but i do think there would be a good fight to watch.

bardock
like my new avi and sig

The Force
Gundam Wing is the best gundam series rock

MirokuKicknVash
Gundam Wing is awsome but I liked G Gundam better

OMFG IT ROLLS rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

soundtrack
hmmm erm g gundam was good an' all, but i think gundam wing beats it. GW is one of my favs.

tehOTAKU777
Gundam Seed is a very popular Anime/Manga in America right now. But I think a true anime fan will quickly see through it's shoddy characters, bad animation, and boring plot. just because it has the name "Gundam", does not mean it will be good. Am I the on ly one who hates this show?

Nataku8188
I hate all of the people who claim to be huge Gundam Wing fans, yet do not understand the real meaning of the show...

and don't seem to understand that Heero is greatly exagerrated and an inferior pilot to Zechs, Duo, and Wufei.

TrAnCeDuO
how so nataku?

Nataku8188
I don't have time right now, but tomorrow I'll give ya the whole thing. Trust me, I've only met 2-3 people who rival my knowledge of GW. Considering I have every episode right here on my computer, I have all the info I need at my fingertips. Literaly.

Reborn Again
Meet your next Rival.

Reborn Again
That's quite a statement; too bad you're wrong. Heero is by far a more skilled and well balanced person out of the 5 pilots. His unemotionalism targets him to be more discipline than Duo, Wufei, Quatre and Trowa...even Zechs. Heero knows what needs to be done and does it, while the others are distracted by outside forces. And Zechs seeks retrobution for his country's destruction, but is swayed by power and the want for revenge. Heero has none of this. He's set and secure in his ways. As Heero once said, "The only way to win a battle is to fight with your emotions." And his emotions are set on good versus evil. He's also the smartest of the 5 Gundam pilots because he can see the whole picture instead of pieces. He's highly intelligent and a quick learner. He can think on his feet and knows the rules. Mission accomplished.

Heero does have a weakness: Relena. She's the only influence that distracts him. But with every boy, manhood sets in and the basic needs of life are sometimes replaced with new ones. And by these means perspective is often altered by a change in emotional statis.

Heero is IMO the only character that was really fleshed out to the greatest extent. I see him as a madman trapped in a child's body, but a madman who has a strong sense of justice and understanding of his surroundings. At first he saw the world as black or white. After meaning Relena, he was able to deprogam himself into thinking differently. Love has a strange effect on the emotions. And he went with his emotions all-out to protect her even though he didn't want to. His instinct took over. Things were simplistic: Kill the enemy and allow the righteous to survive. Things would have been much simplier if he'd killed her, but he couldn't because it was wrong.

He soon came to see his misgivings only to gravitate with more misfortune. With allowing Relena to survive he was given the opporunity to see more clearly: a multi-color world, so to speak. Quartre on the other with blind rage took iout his anger on the colonies after his father was killed instead of seeing the whole picture: that the colonies were merely pawns to the Rollofaller (sp) Foundation and the military. Heero made him realise his wrongs after Trowa's near-death experience in space. "Quartre, I'm going to kill you." Heero says, but doesn't. He knows Quartre is so angry that he can't think right. And yet in the series Quartre is the pacifist. A complete reversial of roles. A sure sign of seeing what the horrors of war and backdoor politics can do to the pure hearted nature of a boy like Quartre.

It was at this point that Heero came to the conclusion that he knew nothing of what he was fighting for anymore. He didn't have a clear-cut path to follow like he once did. And he soon fell prey to a new evil: his own mind, when he entered the Winged Zero. The Winged Zero did all his thinking for him and it was black and white.

But after coming to the conclusion he loved Relena but was afraid to show it, he fought off the effects of the Winged Zero control and found purpose again. Zechs was the enemy now. With the armed battle station ready to blow up the earth: the target was clear. And Heero's enemy was clear. But Zech is Relena's brother. Could he kill the brother of the woman he loved? Zechs had become the person Heero was to become if he didn't meet Relena. Heero had finally seen what his short-sightedness had done when he started out with 01 and this was his chance to make amense, even if that meant sacrificing himself to save the planet he had in all purposes a year before targetted for destruction.

-- sorry for all the spelling mistakes --

Reborn Again

TrAnCeDuO
ahh this should be an interesting debate eh?

Reborn Again
Bring it on!

Nataku8188
Good look introspection, and I do agree with you that Heero was the most delved into character. The reason why? He is the archetype that everyone loves... the invincible, always gets his mission completed, emotionaly torn, love-struck do gooder. Now, here we go. (Note, if I seem to get heated, it's only because I've had this argument with dozens of fanboys/girls who refuse to actually look at the facts)

In the start of the series, this is true, but as we progress, Heero actually falls behind the other pilots. He is constantly in doubt of himself, and loosing control. Zero system has the most profound effect on Trowa, Quatre and Heero simply because their own sub-concious doubts their ability to live through with their ideals. Heero believes himself to be the perfect soldier, and that he must always get that good 'ole mission complete, when in reality he is torn inside. Like you say, his love for Relena causes him to doubt himself and to look back at his past and wonder if he's done the right things. Now, with this new look at his life, he cannot truthfully say he's always done what was right, that getting the mission complete wasn't always the right thing to do. As far as more discipline goes, at no point in the show (Or Manga for that matter) can you truly say any of the pilots are more disciplined, as they all defy themselves and their own objectives several times. Actually, Wufei shows to take even less of an effect by outside forces, in episode 35 Wufei leaves his colony knowing that they are doomed, and fights anyways. He instinctivly knows who is enemy is simply because he follows his own code of justice (Which is what one should always do in the first place. Following others is not a good habit) and will fight no matter what to fufill his sense of duty. Duo has shown superior manipulation of his suit and Heero even admits in EW that Duo is a better pilot. Duo, much like Wufei, doesn't let his rage and despair warp his objectives like Heero, Quatre and Trowa, he simply uses it to fuel himself. (Epsiode 4...2 ? 43? The episode where Hilde gets hospitalized. I could go check, but that would require me to minimize and go through the folders. Im in a hurry and much to lazy to do that.) As far as Zechs goes, he is the best pilot, he has the determination of Wufei, the cold remorselessness of Duo, the willpower of Heero, Trowa's unalienable ability to void his own feelings (When not in Zero system) and his own unbelievably high level of piloting skills. You cannot argue for a second Heero is a better pilot. At no point in the show does Heero actually score a deceisive victory (Final battle I don't consider a victory simply because Zechs could have kept on fighting, but chose not to) Heero lost in a SPACE battle with 01 while Zechs was in a GROUND leo. He lost to Zechs when he was piloting the Tallgeese, a suit inferior to 01 in all categories. He lost when he was in Epyon and Zechs was in Zero.

But by bottling up his emotions he sets himself up for an emotional turmoil that sidelines him and forces him to totaly rethink his own views. If he had done like Wufei, Duo and Zechs and let his emotions guide him he would have been more successful.

If that is so then why does he have such a hard time determining who his enemies are? There is no 'good' and 'evil', it is all in the eyes of the viewer. Heero is too weak to make his own views so he follows the views of his commanding officer (or scientist wink )

Episode 7, heero, Trowa, Quatre and duo go to fight at the _____ base. Heero manages to kill Marshall Noventa... who is negotiating for peace. Wow. Seems like he sure saw THAT whole pictre wink Here's the exact lines from the episode after Wufei breaks up the fight between Duo and Trowa.

"Check out the alliance's reports. You guys just whiped out the alliance's pacifists."

"Impossible." Checks reports.

-----Stuff inbetween-----

"This was all completely all planned out by OZ, we became their puppets. All planed out by treize kushreinada."

"No... how awful..."

"Damn him..."

Silence

"But I'm going to fight you Oz... even if I've got to do it on my own."

"What... what have i done?"

(guess who says which lines and win a no-prize wink )

He IS intelligent, but not as much as Zechs or Wufei. Zechs is older and a life-long soldier, he's like Heero, but with lots more experience. Wufei is a scholar.

Blowing yourself up is mission accomplished? I coulda sworn he said mission aborted (or something along those lines)

After meeting relena hes in that state for more then half the series. And he meets relena in episode 1.

Nothing wrong there. It's a fact. Heero has more screentime then any other character. He has more then any other pilot and almost as much as Wufei and Noine combined (They have very little screen time compared to the other pilots)

So your previous statement that he didnt let outside forces get in the way is void. He didn't even know relena and he didn't kill her like he should have.

I see nothing wrong with that.

Not only that but he was under the effect of the Zero system. Even Heero has made horrible choices under the Zero system, so this is no way to try and make him look stronger by comparison.

See above.

Yessum it sure did.

Took him long enough. Wufei had that figured out in his first appearance in the show.

...continued in next post....

Nataku8188
Heero didn't have that problem at all. His problem was that he truly understood Zechs, and with his new state of mind didn't wish to hurt ANYONE, nevermind someone as well meaning as Zechs. Heero knew Zechs' meaning was right, but that destroying the earth was the wrong way to do this. Much like Hitler, Zechs had the final idea right, but completely wrong way of going about it. (Hitler wanted a utopia, but he tried to reason that there was a perfect race, world domination, fascism, etc. Very very very wrong. Don't take this as me saying I support hitler, I'm just pointing out he had the right idea with the Utopia thing. But he went about it completely wrong, IMO)

He originaly hadnt targetted earth for destruction, he simply wanted to destroy Earth's military powers so the colonies could be free. He chose to save the world to save the innocents, as show in EW, Heero has never truly come to terms with his own failings. To quote Heero myself;

"How many more times must I kill that girl and her dog...?"

I REFUSE! :-p Don't worry, it was legible so I don't have a problem with it.

Reborn Again
Well, you certainly have a lot to say. Good. You make some very valuable points...as do I. I'll make this short as I don't have a lot of time.

Heero IS the more skilled figher, and he's able to master any weapons system more quickly than any one else and utilize that ability in combat. I believe this to be true. And I agree he never decisively won any battle against Zech: they were all draws as each one had enough respect for the other to retreat and fight another day when things got hairy. In the end Heero came out victorious, however, according to the rules of combat, but he personally didn't think so, believing he was the loser.

I never said Heero said, "Mission Accomplished". It was merely a phrase I used to end a thought. When he blew up 01 what he actually says is "Mission accepted". Check the episode.

I'll post more when I have the time.

Nataku8188
Alas, he isn't. In one battle Wufei masters the Zero system, why? Because he does not doubt his choices, or rather, he makes his choices based on his own ideals. It takes Heero much longer to even cope with what the Zero system tells him. Meanwhile, Zechs learns Epyon and Zero in a fraction of the time that it takes Heero...

Also... about Heero being a better pilot then Wufei or Zechs.

Notice that in EW, Heero has to use all of his skills to defend against Altron's attacks in the Leo. Yes, it was a leo, but he isn't a normal pilot. He does have enough skill to defend himself, but not enough to fight back. He parries 2 attacks and dodges 3-4 before being hit. Now, we move on to the final fight where Heero is wielding Wing Zero, a suit statisticly better in every category except fighting. Simply put, Heero was struggling to keep up. Notice that they parry eachothers blows, but Heero retreats after each strike, because he knows for a fact he cannot defeat Wufei if he stays in melee range. After being struck, and almost landing an attack himself, Heero proceeds to use superior speed and power to force Wufei out of space and into the Earth's atmosphere. As far as combat is considered, I'd call that a Wufei victory.

As far as Heero and Zech's fights are concerned... Zechs had 2 decisive victories. The first episode Zechs DODGES a blaster rifle shot with his ground leo and forces Heero to crash into the Ocean. In episode 10, Zechs WAS in control of the fight, but decides to stop after Une's treachery. Heero scores a blow while Tallgeese stands still. In episode 16, Zechs is about to land the killing blow on Heero (He's injured, so this isn't as important of a victory. Hell, he was slaughtering him the entire fight.) when Relena (I hate her with all my soul) stops him. Lucky Heero. In episode 37 (38 maybe? I'm now hurrying!) Zechs and Heero battle, and Zechs ends the fight by blowing off epyon's shield and slamming him into the ground. Heero recovers some time later.

If you look back at the series as a whole... Heero loses the majority of his 1 v 1 fights.

Reborn Again
Your dedication and knowledge to the series is awestruck! I haven't seen the series in awhile. However I do have a different prespective on the series. I still believe Heero is the better pilot both mentality and strategically. I'll have to review the series to get back to you on the rest of your argument. Nice to know you followed the series so closely.

Btw, I have the series on DVD. stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
*bows before both of you for such awesome discussion*

Reborn Again
Don't go away...

The argument isn't quite over yet. Stay tuned.

Nataku8188
I can't afford the series on DVD... so im going to steal my friends... >.> <.< >.>

Reborn Again
Too bad. The digital quality is amazing. I got mine for $$$.

Nataku8188
Its like 200 bucks... if you get the collectors edition. I might just save up and get that... Some of my copies are great quality, some are sub-par. But they are all above watchable, and it's great to have them right here anyways.

Reborn Again
$200? PM me, I might be able to help you out.

Reborn Again
This is what I have. 6 discs with perfect quality. Got it from Japan. English dubbed. I swear by it! Give me a PM, I can probably hook you up with a copy. It's the complete series. All 49 episodes. I also have the movie on DVD.

Nataku8188
Naw, I'm talkin' bout the 10 disc DVD special edition with bonus dvd complete with mecha, plot and character info :: drool ::

Reborn Again
This has it all. You're talking about the US version which separates all that into different dvd's. This one -- the one I have -- compresses everything in 6 dvd's. You can get it for $50 on ebay.

bungy
man can some one help me get a kool sig to put on here?i just want sumthin anime wit the words bungy only if ya can i'd like the words"bungy"like in ummm knight times or what ever looks the koolest

BadKitty
try asking here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f76/t18944.html

Nataku8188
Does anyone dare come up with something to argue my points?

Or, have you given up reborn ?

sailormoon
I love Gundam Wing, but I'm starting to LOVE Gundam Seed almost as much. It'll never tie with GW but I do LOVE it! I just watched it tonight and every time I look at it, which hasn't been as much as I like, I feel like crying and I get so into it. I mean, it's soooo sad that Kira and Asthrin have to fight like that. It gets more and more intense with each episode, and I LOVE it! stick out tongue

Maniac Marshall
I love Gundam Wing as much as I love Wing Commander, Exo-Squd, BattleTech (Mech Warrior), Robotech (Macross), Gundam SEED, First Gundam, The Last Starfighter, Space: Above & Beyond, Battlestar Galactica, and all that sci-fi military drama involving combat, starfighters and giant robots. What I like about Gundam Wing is instead of using starfighters they use weapons called Mobile Suits (giants combat robots)as military fighting machines to gain superiority and dominance. But the most powerful mobile suits are called Gundams and they're piloted by five 15-years old kids (Amazing!). The cockpit and controls of the Gundams are almost simular to those used in fighters like the F-16 Fighting Falcon and the F-22 Raptor, but they operate differently. The Gundam boys really have the right stuff on their side. They were sent to Earth to fight a secret military organization know as OZ. The whole thing was all about war, peace, politics, pacifism, the pursuit for peace, giant robot violence, fighting, intense battles, the bond between man and machine, and most importantly it was all about combat. In the end, the Gundam pilots prevail and they all became heroes. I like this series as well as it's movie/OAV Endless Waltz than anything I watched before. In fact I like it much more better than those superhero drama shows (like X-Men and Ultra Force) because they don't use any superhero powers they pilot these ultimate fighting machines to make a big difference in the world and save it from being destroy. I wish I had a gundam so I can wipe out those Sentinels (robots from X-Men) with my Beam Saber, Buster Rifle, and Vulcan guns. I'm such a huge gundam fan! Please pm me or reply.

soundtrack
lol *shakes head sadly*

sailormoon
laughing out loud Yeah, they're an expert! A true GW fan! stick out tongue

Serket
Hey, I liked the buster rifle. I also like Duo's scythe though.

soundtrack
i like all of them as long as they are the forms when its in 'the endless waltz', but if not ill choose probably deathscythe or maybe wing zero.

maverickeagle
i own the special edition dvd movie and all 10 tv show dvds. gundam wing is more than awsome. its true anime.

Serket
Honestly, I found a lot of things boring. But that didn't stop me from watching or loving every minute of it...Minus the parts with Relena.

bardock
gundam is great i love having the box set

Nataku8188
Mwahahaha, I am the indisputable GW Master...

(I'm actually bumping in hopes of finding a good argument/discussion)

Lyra Rose
love gundam wing havent essn it in a while. iv seen some of Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz and what ive seen it is a great film.

FEDFAN316
gundam wing? were? oh!here!i totally totally love love love!!!gundam wing,duos kinda hot when he's fightin' in the Deathscythe.this rocks out loud!!!!!!(headbangs till gets dizzy and passes out)

Jace_Rave
So...pretty much everybody loves Duo. And almost everyone else loves the rest of the gundam pilots.
ZECHS KICKS ALL THEIR ARSES! I defy you all.

bashboxing

soundtrack
pretty much, jr.

FEDFAN316
yeah right!!!!zechs does not compare to the awesome glory of the god of death

Fire_Alchemist
Zach is betterstick out tongue

FEDFAN316
not

soundtrack
duo has personality and a interestinger (is that even a word? lol...anyway) past

Ketchuptome
F*** Gundam Wing...G Gundam is the best

soundtrack
aww, that was a little harsh

Jace_Rave
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
F*** Gundam Wing...G Gundam is the best HAH! That's so funny I forgot to laugh...except for that initial "hah."
Gundam Wing is way better than G Gundam. Think about it...which is the one everybody talks about.

TJEscobar
Wufei was my favorite pilot but Zechs was so sweet too. Gundam Wing was better in every facid than G GUndam, G Gundam had a cool concpet but I hate the fact they made the whole thing over a girl.

bardock
it is awesome i seen the whole thing on dvd

sai12
I've only seen bits and pieces of it, and that Endless Waltz movie a few years back. So I guess I was just confused and never persued the matter. Tee hee!

Reborn Again
Did you know that the same voice actor who did Trey's voice plays the part of Inuyasha's elder brother?

soundtrack
yea, and same with a lot of the rest of the cast:

koga - duo
miroku - trowa

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Jace_Rave
this would be better if it was Deathscythe

where did u get that pic???

Reborn Again
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Does anyone dare come up with something to argue my points?

Or, have you given up reborn ?

And.... what points are these?

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Reborn Again
And.... what points are these?

The ones you never had a rebuttal for.

sailormoon
I just wanted to say, that I was shocked to learn that Kira and Cagalli were siblings. There relationship looked like it was getting romantic. *I'm not sure if anyone cares, but, I just had to say that* big grin

Nataku8188
Errrr... isn't that Gundam Seed ?

sailormoon
Yeah, but when I made a Gundam Seed thread they said talk about it at the Official Gundam Wing thread.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by sailormoon
Yeah, but when I made a Gundam Seed thread they said talk about it at the Official Gundam Wing thread.

That's retarded. That defeats the point of having a Gundam Wing thread.

Nataku8188
Must not let GW thread die...

So.... uhm...

... Quatre is a homo, fo sheezy.

Jace_Rave
Yeah, the sad thing about this great anime is that everyone makes the pilots out to be gay. It's depressing.

kiba1283
none of the pilots are gay but so do look like thay are

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Jace_Rave
Yeah, the sad thing about this great anime is that everyone makes the pilots out to be gay. It's depressing.

Yeah, it annoys me to no end how much people mess up the characters with their yaoi fantasies. The worst part is they claim that it is the intent of the creater, but he's stated in an Animerica interview that none of them are supposed to be gay. GAH!

DemonXangelX
my fav characters hav got 2 b duo and heero i like the goundam dethsite dunno how u spell it though does any1 like gundam seed

EvilCap America
How can you enjoy GW at ALL without the thought of the cast having hot sweaty angsty manlove everytime the camera focuses on somebody else?

I kid i kid i joke with you.No i like GW too its about the only Gundam series i ever cared to follow and Epeyon has to be the COOLEST Giant Robot ever made

soundtrack
ive seen a lot of different kinds of gundams and the only one that i really cared for out of all of them would have to be gundam wing .

-but this 'is' only my opinion.

Phoenix Aska
gundam wing the series with heero did have the best story within it...in my opinion too and the best gundams..but I also liked Gundam Seed too...the final battle was fantastic.

soundtrack
i never got to really sit down and watch a lot of the other gundam shows, so i cant knock them until i've actually seen them .

Nataku8188
I actually liked 008th MS team better than Gundam Wing, I just wish it was longer.

sailormoon
Gundam Seed is definitely my second fave!!! I guess G Gundam would be my third. And there was one more that had the main character lose a leg at the end which tore me apart! But I can't remember the name...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>