Obi-wan Kenobi vs. Jango Fett (to the death!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
if their battle was not interupted in any way and they actually fought until somebody died.... who would win? i would probably say Jango.

WarSpawn
what? you must be crazy.

Jango would get his ass wooped all over the place. The only reason why Obi-Wan was losing in the first place in AOTC was because Boba was using Slave I to blast Obi-Wan. If Obi-Wan retained his lightsaber then Jango would be dead in two seconds. Keep in mind, Obi-Wan is the person that defeated Anakin Skywalker.

SnakeEyes
i understand all this but in the aOTC book, it described it very clearly, and Jango was wasting Obi-wan, with or without the help of Boba. Also read Open Seasons, where he kills many Jedi (some without even using weapons!).

WarSpawn
oh i agree, i think Jango could take down a lot of Jedi. Just not Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is the guy that took down Darth Maul (even if it was a lucky shot..or slice...whatever you want to call it...) and Maul would waste Jango in 2 seconds. Also, Jango, once he loses his jetpack, isnt much of a threat to Obi-Wan.

SnakeEyes
hmmm, it just seems hard for me to believe that he would win (maybe its just because Jango is so much more cool) or because of the way the book portrayed their fight. Or because of Jango's history with Jedi...

WarSpawn
i think Boba could win against Obi-Wan, but not Jango.

SnakeEyes
so many people think that Boba is better than Jango, but i have no evidence of it!

WarSpawn
well, first off....he didnt get his head sliced off by a combination of a charging animal and Mace Windu.

secondly, Boba Fett became the most feared and dangerous man in the galaxy second only to Darth Vader.

third, Jango may be up there in terms of feared and dangerous, but he isnt all that recognizable otherwise Obi-Wan and Anakin would've identified him when he flew off on Coruscant. Who wears Mandalorian armor and flies around in a jet pack?

Darth_Nefarus
Obi-Wan Kenobi would annihilate Jango Fett or Boba Fett. He defeats young dark Anakin and General Grievous in the same movie! Hale Obi-Wan.

Master Kadub
Is this really a serious discussion...

ObiWan hands down would've crushed Jango....
why do you think he was trying to get away from
ObiWan so fast on Kamino......

§pearhead
obi wan has jango vaped without too much of a problem at all erm

I'll remind you all that EU isn't canon, so the thing about jango taking on jedi without weapons is, shall I say, bogus.

SnakeEyes
well the book version of AOTC has a longer version of the fight, and Jango woops obi-wan. I was just thinking Jango had a chance...

Master Kadub
i could careless about canon vs non-canon.....to me it doesnt matter if GL has signed off on it....
GL obviously will use it to his benefit later if it fits....

But I know from 3 of 4 events to happen between Jango/Boba Fett and a Jedi......
The Jedi win.....

Mace Skywalker
Correct, and Darth Maul.

Mandalorain-fan
ok im saying Obi could beat Jango buuuuut not Boba . Why? Well Mace Windu was supposed to be the second feared perosn in the galaxy , then all the other jedi proably have their places up there to . BUT Bboa is second , now...If it was a hand to hand - hands down Boba- meele like swords or axes ect hands down Obi he is skilled with the weapons- but obi with saber vs Boba Fett? Boba in my oppion . Boba is smarter than Jango he would of hit Obi probaly with the missle out of the jet pack .And Boba is also said to escape the Scarlic Pit - only one to ever do so . Sooo I tihnk its a matter of arena place in the SW galxy ( like old Obi and young Boba or Obi fomr E2 and Boba from ESB) i know no one here probaly agrees with me but Boba is my fav SW perosn with out him I wouldnt be here talking to u all . Boba is the reaosn i pracice my accuracy with guns and hands he can ispire u i think ., even if he is fake-i never got picked for dodge ball untill last and no one ever wanted to be on my team in mud-clod fights but now im 3rd or 4th pick which is good out of school when there is 15 or so ppl or in school and there is about 132 ppl . so u can call me wierd but - i have a accursey range of 10meters and able to hit with in 9 centameters of target . i way 134lbs but i can run faster than my friends -but one- and they way 98 to 110 and they are in shape . sooo like i said i dont care if u all odnt like me because i like boba fett or i think he is a role modle fomr a certain point of view because so farim happy and when ppl say be your self or your true frineds will like you for who u really are well thats true . all my friends but 1 hates SW and i know alot about it more than i want to but yet they stilll like me . im friends with all the popualr ppl in my school tho myself im not popualr i have frined who are which is cool since i've always wanted them to be my frineds sooo and in movies where they picture the popualr ppl as assholes they are wrong most of the time the popualr ppl are nice and stick up for u or they wouldnt be popualr soooo now yall think im wierd because i threw the topic off course- way off course but atleast yall no me better now

moonwalker741
jango, only because he kicks ass

Jedi Priestess
gotta agree here.........

Krys Tamar
Look...Boba Fett couldn't even take out Luke Skywalker...he or Jango would really be no match for Obi-Wan...

Darth_Nefarus
Thanks JP, good to know someone else realizes Obi-Wan's incredible talents.

ArthasKnight
Boba didn't beat Luke because of a fluke, he'd have vaped him for sure had Han not gotten lucky. As for Jango fighting Obi-Wan, I'd have to say it would be pretty close. But I do believe Obi-Wan would win,. but only 'cause he's got the Force. I mean come on, force choke anyone? Force push? You can't really fight those.

Sith Master X
Obi-Wan all the way.

Bardock42
Jango is good, but he is not Boba,.... wait a minute

Anyway Ben gets that I think, maybe. In his prime he would.

darth rep
If Obi didn't have the restriction of trying to capture Jango during the fight he would have done away with him in a matter of seconds.

xeous
Obi>Any bounty hunter

jedimaster2000
Obi-Wan for sure

If it weren't for Jango's jet pack and Boba behind the Slave 1 Controls, Jango would have met his maker right there

jedimaster2000
Obi-Wan for sure

Darth Veramamee
However, Boba DID get killed by a blind guy with a stick. laughing

SnakeEyes
But Boba did not die when Han did that.

Darth_Nefarus
Despite the reputation and skills of Jango or Boba Fett, neither could kill Obi-Wan Kenobi. He defeated Darth Maul, Grievous and Darth Vader in his prime. Everyone of those characters would mutilate Boba or Jango Fett.

Bardock42
Actually Boba fought vader and got away with his life he even twice had the chance to kill him.

But Obi Wan is pretty good jedi, it surely is gonna be a tough battle.

Oh yes Star Wars vs. Rocks

SnakeEyes
I changed my mind a while ago. Obi-wan would definitely waste Jango, but it would be cool.

Shaggy2dope
how do i make a thread im gettin pissed someone tell me smokin'

Bardock42
Go to the New Topic Button in the upper right...and have fun, it better not be a stupid versus thread though

SnakeEyes
When you are in somebody's thread scroll to either the bottom or top of the page and click on "New Topic" on the right side. You can take it from there.

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by Bardock42
Actually Boba fought vader and got away with his life he even twice had the chance to kill him.

But Obi Wan is pretty good jedi, it surely is gonna be a tough battle.

Oh yes Star Wars vs. Rocks

boba vs Vader oh gotta hear this plz tell me the story

SnakeEyes
Well, I have the issue. And basically Boba did not want to go through with the bounty that he had already "signed on" to do. So, Vader personally goes to the planet Fett is on and tries to kill him/get the box (which is what Boba has and is supposed to give Vader). Boba is in a nearby tower thing when Vader comes and starts shooting at Vader with his blaster rifle. Vader uses the Force to basically make it so the bolts do not hit him. Then, Boba tosses a thermal detonator at him. Vader is almost knocked off of a ledge, but quickly recovers. As the smoke is clearing, Boba tries to make an escape to his speeder, but Vader is already there. Vader cuts the speeder in half with his saber, then Boba shoots some lasers at him. Vader deflects them and one flies back at Boba, making the dent that we all see in the movies. So, Boba tries a mini rocket but Vader avoids it. Vader tells Boba to put down the box, and starts to twist his thoughts/choke him. Then, Boba jumps backwards off of a ledge near a lava pit type thing. Vader looks over the edge, and at the bolt that flies into his head. Boba comes back up, claiming to be victorious, then Vader uses the Force to pull his rifle away and starts to subdue Boba. Boba then uses his remaining energy to kick the box into the lava. As Vader tries to get it, Boba makes a clean getaway.

eleveninches
Obi wan.

no doubt

Darth_Janus
Meh. Obi Wan is my favorite Jedi, so I have a natural bias. But still... I have to say- Jango Fett was an impressive man, and I find I like him better than Boba. As a Mandalorian, I give him props because I like the martial attitude of the race, and as a leader among them, Jango Fett is an impressive adversary.

There, I have given credit where it is due.

Now, Obi Wan Kenobi is a wily Jedi. He's had his fair share of mishaps and scrapes, but I believe he is resourceful enough to win. Besides, as was pointed out earlier, Obi Wan's intention was not to destroy Jango, but to capture him. If his objective had been different, Jango would be dead.

Oh, and for future reference for Arthras, I believe he is called... Force choke is not something used by Jedi. That is a Sith trait and is very.... not good, I guess I should say

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Well, I have the issue. And basically Boba did not want to go through with the bounty that he had already "signed on" to do. So, Vader personally goes to the planet Fett is on and tries to kill him/get the box (which is what Boba has and is supposed to give Vader). Boba is in a nearby tower thing when Vader comes and starts shooting at Vader with his blaster rifle. Vader uses the Force to basically make it so the bolts do not hit him. Then, Boba tosses a thermal detonator at him. Vader is almost knocked off of a ledge, but quickly recovers. As the smoke is clearing, Boba tries to make an escape to his speeder, but Vader is already there. Vader cuts the speeder in half with his saber, then Boba shoots some lasers at him. Vader deflects them and one flies back at Boba, making the dent that we all see in the movies. So, Boba tries a mini rocket but Vader avoids it. Vader tells Boba to put down the box, and starts to twist his thoughts/choke him. Then, Boba jumps backwards off of a ledge near a lava pit type thing. Vader looks over the edge, and at the bolt that flies into his head. Boba comes back up, claiming to be victorious, then Vader uses the Force to pull his rifle away and starts to subdue Boba. Boba then uses his remaining energy to kick the box into the lava. As Vader tries to get it, Boba makes a clean getaway.

thats aWESome was that on comic or book?

I think Obi Wan would be dead but Jango is definateley really cool. I probally dont like Obi-Wan as much as Jango but fact is obi-wans better

SnakeEyes
That was from a comic mini-series: Boba Fett: Enemy of the Empire

Bardock42
You sure that was enemy of the empire?...yeah you ar eprobably right.

SnakeEyes
Yup, its sitting right in front of me as i am typing this

DarthCrazo
Kenobi owns him hands down.

Darth_Frobo
Jango could beat aotc or tpm obi but not rots, in the fight jango kicked the crap out of him in hand to hand combat, and 14 year old boba gave mace windu a pretty good fight despite having none of his weapons of choice except a kamino saberdart. Jango has a jetpack which makes obi's lightsaber sorta useless and with grenades, missles, darts, a flamethrower and blasters he could probably kill obi especially if he was in his prime like when he fought Vosa who was probably better then tpm obi won, so if jango has his jetpack or atleast most of his weapons he'd be fine, as long as he kept his distance if it came down to a close range encounter obi would probably win but you can't underestimate jango's extensive hand to hand combat skill he killed like 10 jedi with his bare hands so he stands a better chance then some might think.

Emperor Revan
I think Jango could beat AOTC Obi. He killed several other Jedi, including one trained by Dooku. Obi was trying really hard to stay alive, no he wasn't trying to kill Jango but when did he even have the chance? The book says he would dodge the blasts Obi sent back at him. Jango's rocket was the reason Obi lost his lightsaber, Boba didn't really help much so IMO Jango wins.

Fishy
Obi wins...

In AOTC he was fighting somebody he tried to capture when the other guy was trying to kill him or get him away. Jango failed, Obi did too but at least he survived. Now he may not have had the chance in the movie, which I wouldn't know becuase I haven't seen it in a long time, but he still survived avoided the blasts and stayed equal with Jango.

In a fight were Obi was trying to do more then capture Jango he would use some techniques that he didn't in AOTC and he would end Jango his life eventually.

Darth_DaNThEMaN
Jango could........but definately would not.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Fishy
Obi wins...

In AOTC he was fighting somebody he tried to capture when the other guy was trying to kill him or get him away. Jango failed, Obi did too but at least he survived. Now he may not have had the chance in the movie, which I wouldn't know becuase I haven't seen it in a long time, but he still survived avoided the blasts and stayed equal with Jango.

In a fight were Obi was trying to do more then capture Jango he would use some techniques that he didn't in AOTC and he would end Jango his life eventually.

It would be close, but there were also things Jango didn't use, like his flamethrower. If this weren't the same setting, he could use that as well and a toxic dart.

mikester
whoever who says that Jango wins is tottaly fanboy

Broly92
Jango wins laughing

never

((The_Anomaly))
Obi-Wan owns Jango. If he was there to kill Jango rather then capture him, and if annoying kid fett wasn't blasting him with on-board laser cannons, Obi-Wan would have owned.

Kaithen
We have seen durge using fire on obi. Im sure that Obi would be able to block jangos flame to stick out tongue

jollyjim311
Check yo' dates, men.

Over a year old.

Eragon993
Obi-Wan could easily win all he has to do is get close to jango and the cut off is head just like windu did

darthsith19
Obi-Wan would probably win. In AOTC jango had the upper hand but Obi-Wan wasn't trying to kill Jango, just capture him, and Boba was shooting at Obi-Wan with Slave I and it was still incredibly close. Without Boba and with Obi-Wan trying to kill Jango then Obi-Wan would likely prevail.

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Darth_DaNThEMaN
Jango could........but definately would not. DAN? o wait this is an older thread, i love dantheman, he rules!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.