12 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Illegal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
1. homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.

2. heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.

3. obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

4. straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage is allowed, since britney spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.

5. heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.

6. gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.

7. gay marriage is not supported by religion. in a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. that's why we have only one religion in america.

8. gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

9. legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. people may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

10. children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. that's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.

11. gay marriage will change the foundation of society. heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or longer lifespans.

12. civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name, are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. separate schools for african-americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

BackFire
hah, good stuff. thumb up

Glad to hear someone else finally making comparisons to the way gays are being repressed now and the way black were being repressed last century, same thing.

Still yet to hear one valid reason as to why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed.

Storm
You' re joking right EB?

BackFire
I think that's pretty obvious, Storm. All the reasons are hugely sarcastic, kinda making fun of themselves.

Storm
I' ve experienced that some of those reasons are truly believed by certain people.

Samurai Guy
laughing My favourite.

BackFire
Wow, really? I'm glad I've never encountered any of those people.

Gregory
The reasons are perfectly real (only in the sense that some people believe them). The only thing ElectricBugaloo added was the commentary.

Dr. Strangelove
I thought the list was serious until the Britney joke. embarrasment

Nazgulinthedark
me to embarrasment

Agent Elrond
I saw this beofre. It was done by pro gay marrage ppl to make fun of the reasons gay marriage should be illegal

slasherpunk18
What's the big deal?if they want to do it i say go ahead.

Beyonder
laughing

I love satires. big grin

Nazgulinthedark
thast the way i think about it, its not effecting me in anyway, why should i care? but i still find it a little on the wrong side erm

slasherpunk18
If it's not hurting me,I really don't give a damn.

ElectricBugaloo
I did'nt make it, but i'll gladly accept all the compliments.

of course it's satirical it's obvious from the very first statement.

Royal Knight
that is all false...all that is a load of shityes

ElectricBugaloo
what is false about it?

BackFire
People aren't getting the satirical motives behind it, EB. They read the title of the thread and immediately thought they were actual, serious reasons.

ElectricBugaloo
stupid people. it's blatantly obvious that it's satirical

Royal Knight
-

BackFire
Told ya.

lil bitchiness
Maybe you should change the title?

BackFire
Nah, it's funny to see so many people completely missing the point of the thread. They should actually read the post, rather then reading the title and then instantly making a reply.

lil bitchiness
''gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.''

Must...hang arround...tall people droolio

BackFire
You don't want to be tall, just means you'll weigh more.

lil bitchiness
hah! Thats so true.

ElectricBugaloo
i want to be tall. i'm short and i'd be so much a better soccer player if i was a little bit taller

BackFire
Yep, that's fine for guys, but the last thing most girls want is to say they weigh more then around 120lbs.

Man, this one time I asked this fat girl how much she weighed, and she said she weight 140lbs. I looked at her and was like "in your arm?" She got mad and ate herself to death. True story.

No it's not, but still, you get the idea, why do girls obviously lie about their weight? It's not hard to tell the general weight of a person.

Off topic, but still...

ElectricBugaloo
oh yeah, i forgot about the girl thing.

anyways, back to the gay thing.

lil bitchiness
Cos if they say how much they really weigh it makes them seem more fat? I dont know...

lil bitchiness
Yeah, the gay thing.....

This thread might get out of hand later on, i think, when super religious people get hold of this thread.

ElectricBugaloo
i hope so. that'll be funny

BackFire
Yeah but when a ball of a woman says she weighs like 140 pounds, no one believes her.

Then again, people shouldn't be asking the weight of a large woman, it's rude.

Bah, I'm done. Back on topic.

Gay marriage is awesome.

slasherpunk18
thumb up

MC Mike
Yes, nothing wrong with gay marriage. Gay people are cool. big grin

Arachnoidfreak
laughingHAHAHAHAHAAAHAlaughing

uhh...ohhpp.....I peed a little. embarrasment

You Suck
I dont agree with gay marraige. And my vote is the only one that counts.

BackFire
Okay, Hitler.

§pearhead
Personally, I love it when people call Massachusetts gay since we allow gay marriage here roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
mad OMG BackFire how can you talk to someone of such importance like that.
Shame on you.

angelsflame265
You know the only real good argument agents gay marriage in the US is that it says in the bible that it is not receptacle . . .but we have freedom of religion here so really that take that right out the window

Darth Revan
funny thread people laughing out loud

Tptmanno1
Yea, awesome!

Royal Knight
if you say sono expression

MC Mike
big grin Nice sig lol. Although I already know that. Remeber this thread is satirical. wink

ElectricBugaloo

Royal Knight
i still find it degrading..but oh well

ElectricBugaloo
i didn't mean for it to be degrading. I have a gay uncle and a gay aunt, so i am all for gay marriage.

if it is degrading to anyone, it would be to those anti-gay marriage idiots

The Omega
laughing

"Gay marriage is not supported by religion. in a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. that's why we have only one religion in america."

Electric> Well, if people take it serious, it's because you will FIND some forumites around here who're hysterically against gay marriages, because they think we humans have a DUTY to reproduce...

Agent Elrond
God said gays are wrong, so there should be no gay marriage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

sorry, just had to do that.

Mr Zero
People here at the fun-hole that is KMC* often don't "get" satire - as I have found to my cost on more than one occasion.

Nice list. thats a keeper.

* and indeed humorless knee-jerk ****holes the wide world over.

Fire
nice one EB smile
btw Lil what's wrong with BF calling you suck hitler?

BackFire
I think she was just joking around.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, I was only kidding. thumb up I knew BF would know, especially since i used the ''mad''

Linkalicious
The purpose of the anus is for releasing bodily waste and excrement, not for injecting penises.

THOUGH...i totally agree with you and don't care to argue, because I have nothing against gay marriage.

Just did my best to give you a valid reason.

BackFire
Fact is, most gay men don't practice sodomy. Even so, I don't see what that has to do with the MARRIAGE of gay men.

Linkalicious
marriage without sex? What the f**k?

That's sooooo wrong!!!!

Ushgarak
Indeedy- whilst I never like these debates toi get bogged down in what sexual practices are right or worng., I never understood the menatlity of people whose reasons to be gay are simply a list of reasons to dislike sodomy, as if all gay men did it, and as if ONLY gay men did it. It's just not the same issue.

BackFire
Felatio is still around. And if they're like me, they like that even more then sex.

Linkalicious
yah, but you gotta understand.

You're talking to a guy that would have sex with his breakfast every morning if he got his way...wink

better exercise, and atleast you know you'll get the job done.

BackFire
Well then, sodomy would be the way to go for you I guess.

Linkalicious
gay anal sex = wrong

straight anal sex = fetish

roll eyes (sarcastic)

These responses are more as a joke...i don't HONESTLY feel this way.

Ushgarak
You know, 'sodomy' has a forceful ring to it that suits it very well. If the place God had punished was called 'Liliput' it just wouldn't have the same ring.

You can see why they didn't use 'Gomorrah'; that sounds too much like a disease. Gomorrahy. Ugh.

BackFire
hah.

Trickster
This was funny to read. I'll not attempt my own satire, since I'm not too good at it, but do you mind if I copy it to show some friends?

ash007
indeed very intresting. And very funny smile

Rbrikos
looks like some people took this too seriously..... it's sarcasm!

ash007
yeah not many Americans understand sarcasm j/k smile

Linkalicious
you know what's funny. EVERYONE keeps saying that people are taking this serious....but i think like 2 people have taken it seriously.

And the past 3 pages have been nothing but babble from people about "everyone taking it to seriously"

You're not quick....quit mentioning the obvious satire here...

ElectricBugaloo
Again, i didn't write it, but i'll gladly take compliments.

spread it around the internet.

badsymbiote
laughing
Thanks for clarifying. wink

I don't see what the big deal is--for them, I mean. Most of the gay men I know are wildly promiscuous by nature--and I think marriage is very, very difficult under the best of circumstances.

The view shared by most in society is to pretend that it doesn't exist--but if you factor in the higher risk for contracting an std through illicit contact via an affair, and you could be talking a serious medical threat to all parties involved. Sure, the education is better than it has been about homosexual contact, but most of the gay men I know will still take their partner's word, only to find out later that they were lied to. Your health is something you should never compromise to get a piece of *ss.

For me, I think that basically marriage is like a contractual obligation between two parties, and in the end, it really is just a piece of paper. If you truly want to committ to someone, and they to you, it should be good enough to just share your lives together, without having to tell every living soul that you encounter that the other person now belongs to you and you alone. Live together. Wear a ring. But I don't think it's fair to reward people of the same sex with the same benefits of marriage--sometimes at the cost of taxpayers--unless they can create a viable human being as a heterosexual couple can. When they can make an active contribution to society through their contribution of offspring to the human race without the extensive scientific and laboratory involvement, then I'd be more receptive to the idea.

Mr Zero
If i told you what i thought of you and the demographic you represent they would ban me here for life. They would ban me and my entire family for 4 generations.

Mr Zero
Here is a trick I learned from Tex. On-Topic Generalisation!

Homophobia is one of the last socially acceptable forms of hate paranoia left to this society. People of limited intellect who are often unsure of their place in the world and don't have the courage or intelligence to look at themselves objectively often resort to blind, knee-jerk responses to anything "other" as a method of distraction from there own shallow and confusing lives.

It's a form of security, when people don't quite like the way the world feels to them - rather than blaming themselves or wondering if perhaps they might be wrong to feel afraid they cast around for others to objectify and hate. It comes in many guises: from the seemingly innocuous hatred for the opposing football team, or people with "weird" haircuts - to the blatant judgement based on skin-tone or religious persuasion.

ANY call to arms to deny or oppress another group on the grounds that they differ from your chosen demographic is a reflection of the person making the statement. I should pity them as I pity any one who lives in fear. It's a mental illness of a sort, yet for some reason my understanding dries up like piss on a hot road when faced with morons like this. I don't feel pity or tolerance - I just long for the day that all the idiots are dead.

badsymbiote
If you were gay, and I'm not implying that you are, would you insist on being married to demonstrate that you are committed to someone? Or should it not matter as long as you're happy? My gay friends do not hold my traditional belief system against me--and I do not hold their choice of sexual orientation against them--we LIKE each other--and that seems to be enough. But most of my friends also don't believe that just being in love with someone and wanting to spend the rest of their lives with them entitles them to the same benefits (or problems) associated with your typical heterosexual marriage.
I don't think it matters--and that too often marriage is used as a status symbol, like having children.
If our forefathers thought it was ok, we may not even be here, right? Thanks to the miracles of modern science, it is now possible to implant a fetus into someone, but, nature still prefers the human female as it's source for human life. It's a difficult job--but someone with ovaries has got to do it. In the future, we can clone children and then reroduction will no longer factor into this discussion--but until that is allowed to happen, we'll have to do it the old-fashioned way.
I don't fear your opinion of me, and don't want 4 generations of your family to suffer for my scathing and unflinching opinion. I know I'm old-fashioned. And, sometimes, that's a good thing.
I speak of marriage AND motherhood from experience--NOT heresy. If one of my sons turns out to be gay, I will feel the same way, but I will support him. He just doesn't have to get married. You can live your life quite well without having someone stick a ring on your finger to validate your existence.

badsymbiote
Tolerance and acceptance of a person's ethnicity or origin, race, religion or disability is not the same thing as a ridiculing a person's haircut. Marriage is also another beast entirely. If you can live with someone in a common law relationship, if that person is named as your primary beneficiary in your will, what is the point of having society recognize the relationship. You are dodging this point, which I have thrown out several times--trying to turn this into a witch hunt. I am not a homophobe, but nature is nature, and two men cannot reproduce.

Throughout the history of man, the purpose of a union through marriage has been to ensure the survival of the species. Survival is the ultimate ideology.
Now, since we have plenty of people on Earth, we can just ignore the biological consequences of Natural Selection to please a minority whose contribution is limited to half of the process of reproduction?!?

Mr Zero
I understand in your life marriage is about reproduction and tax-breaks. Some of us freaks and weirdos still see it as an expression of love.

You would allow gay marriage between lesbians as long as they want to have children then? Or between gay men who want to adopt?

And sterile men and women should be banned from marrying? Or even from being in a relationship - as it "uses up" the good breeding stock of rare straight people that would be better off with a fertile partner.

"Survival is the ultimate ideology"? Your views disgust me almost as much as hearing you say you are not a homophobe.

Be happy in your brave new world -

Darth Surgent
Mr. Zero I see ur point. But ur arrogance makes me wanna rip ur head off........

..........Nah, just kidding. Well said.

badsymbiote
Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Yeah, I saw it as an expression of love, like any one, but the longer you remain with one person, the more the focus shifts from "you" as an entity to "we".
And I grew out of the stage where my childish whims and personal and individual selfishness publicly cried out for acknowledgment among the masses--this USUALLY happens by the time you're 30 or so--when, just like I, you no longer require positive feedback from others, and are confident enough to be able to assert an opinion that you know won't be the general consensus of the people. Look at the way I got your feathers ruffled. It's easy to label people, as you demonstrated by regressing to the level of a 4-year-old skewing my words and implying my ignorance and bigotry.

Obviously, you're not married, and I'm fairly certain you don't have kids, so I can't expect you to understand my point of view. And also, it's pretty clear by your intitial statements where you undoubtedly think you really burned me, that you're also no CPA. I do my own taxes, and this is the first year in the ten years we've been filing together that we've never been PENALIZED for being a married couple filing jointly.

Your arguements are naive and sentimental drivel.

Mr Zero

ElectricBugaloo
i like how you two use lots of big words but really end up saying "YOU'RE WRONG"

"NO YOU'RE WRONG!"

Mr Zero
HA! just shows you didnt read the posts, because were NOT saying "wrong!" - Symbiote is saying I'm naive and sentimental. and I'm saying Symbiote is a ****ing hypocritical scumbag.

WHO'S WRONG NOW???? EH???

BackFire
"I don't fear your opinion of me, and don't want 4 generations of your family to suffer for my scathing and unflinching opinion. I know I'm old-fashioned. And, sometimes, that's a good thing. "

Yeah, I guess that's why the world never changes. Do you also think Black people should be forced to ride on the back of the bus? It's "old fashioned" to think so. Old fashioned often = prejuduce, you're only proving such.

Linkalicious
Clearly the list shows that being homosexual is wrong. yes roll eyes (sarcastic)

Can't we all just get along!!
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/specials/0004/cnn20/history.timeline/images/1992.rodney.king.jpg

A4E
gay and straight marriage sucks!!

Darth Revan
Will somebody tell me why it is our "duty" as human beings to reproduce? And also why we should not be allowed to marry unless we plan to do so? I hope you realize, badsymbiote, that there are plenty of married, straight couples who never have children. By your logic they should not be allowed to be legally wed.

Tex
captainpolicezorro The fabulous gays say: "You go boy!"

Personally I cant see why anyone would ever want to get married.
It's an archaic, barbaric institution that should have no place in today's modern world! schmoll

Darth Revan
'Cuz you get tax benefits and such

Tex
Yeah, that's true!

The government should stop encouraging this outmoded practice! schmoll

Capt_Fantastic
Clearly, your definition of "modern" is subjective....at least in this country.

If marriage is something so trivial, then why would you defend it? I'm not sure that you realize that by saying marriage is really "just a piece of paper and gay people shouldn't really WANT to get married" because it's not really that important, that you end up arguing against yourself?

As far as the whole bit about marriage being for the sake of the species and it's survial, lady, we are your species. Spend your time arguing against global warming or air pollution or serial killers or nuclear weapons, because those things are a bigger threat to "your" species than me marrying my boyfriend.

Capt_Fantastic
As for the topic of gay men not being able to stay with one person, straight men AND women cheat just as much as gay men. Straight men and women lie about STD's just as much as gay men. You know, gay people aren't a circus act that exist inside this microcosm to be viewed by straight people like a circus act. Our flaws are your flaws too, because in the end, we're all selfsih, self serving human beings.....

....this add was brought to you by Human Beings: The Species

§nakehead
The reason gay marriage should be illeagle is because a child cannot develope fully without two parents of the oppisite sex

Arachnoidfreak
What about single parents? That child is raised with only one sex governing them, why is it different with two people?

lil bitchiness
no expression you are NOT serious, right?

Thats the most....rediculous sentance i have ever read in my life, and where exactly did you get that idea from?

§nakehead
because a single parent is not responsibal for getting pregnat or the divorced. Gays would have to go out of there way to get a child

ElectricBugaloo
what about my cousin? my aunt is a lesbian and had a childHer son never met his father, and he is a perfectly normal, functioning adult. in fact, he was the first of our generation to finish college and is now a pharmacist.

He dates, functions perfectly well.

and saying a single parent isn't responsible for being pregnant is ludicrous. People are always responsible for thier actions. The only time i remember of someone getting pregnant without having sex (which is how humans procreate in case you didn't know) is Jesus. And that was kind of a special case.

Royal Knight
hmmmm interesting

vaya_the_elf
9. legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. people may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

Actually thats the only part I found kind of true. In iceland they allowed gay marriage. Right after that they allowed people to marry animals.

lil bitchiness
I think that was sarcasm...''dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract''

I dont see why people find it so difficult to mind their own business, instead of sticking their noses into other people's business. Why would a person care if two men or two women got married?

Whatever happened to the 'librity' and 'freedom' you all preach to the rest of us? Its rather hypocritical if you then turn around and say to someone ''you CANNOT marry who you want''

vaya_the_elf
Your not directing that at me are you? if so I think you miss understood me. Personally I am not sure if I'm for gay marriage or not. I was just stateing a fact.

ElectricBugaloo

Royal Knight
I agree Millayes

plenTpak52
homosexuality is sooo gay

Royal Knight
well yes it is

Capt_Fantastic
So, because someone puts the effort into having a child to raise has less of a right to do so than the single mother who got pregnant by mistake and never wanted to have a child in the first place?

I do believe that you're talking out of your ass...or at least from an uniformed point of view.

Linkalicious
I think that's like the 4th time I heard you make that sentence tihs week.

Must be one hell of an interesting week for you...

badsymbiote
I don't want to dodge it. That's exactly what I wanted from you. And thank you using the list option--I've never seen anybody use it, so now I learned something from you. The turkey baster thing was funny, by the way.

And, yes, I think it's nice that my children will benefit from the tax dollars that I've contributed to since I got my first job and payed my income taxes in 1987, and every year since. It's nice to finally see it in action in a form other than having pot holes filled on city streets.

I'm glad to see that you're angry enough to so thoughtfully post so thoroughly and frequently in response to my own. Linkalicious mentioned that no one was taking a real stance on this issue, so I put down my semi hard-line opinion on this subject, though, honestly I had never really considered it to be an issue that I particularly give a crap about, and had never even spent more than a couple of minutes thinking about this until you challenged me. Thanks for the debate. It's been a while since I got into it with anybody...

badsymbiote
Which makes the effort commendable. You have to go through alot of hoops, but the child is chosen. Many parents in American society are unfit for the job--parenting is a challenge you should tackle ONLY if you're willing to put all of yourself into it. I would much rather see a child in the home of a caring, nurturing, loving gay couple of either sex than with an unstable and bitter single parent who isn't fully committed. But I don't see how having you name printed in the paper and signing a certificate of marriage is so crucial. Anyone who's actually been married for at least a couple of years, will admit that marriage is a ton of work. It's very complicated. Add children to the mix, and it gets even harder. Really. Getting married is not about wearing a beautiful dress for one day, going on a great vacation and getting tax breaks. If it were that easy, people would stay married. But well over 35% of the time--I can't keep up on the exact percentage because it rises continually--the marriage ends in less than 2 years.
2 years?!? That's still the honeymoon phase.

And I don't think that any deviation from the ban will be administered during the term of the current "administarion", which is notoriously conservative--even threatening to try to reverse the Roe vs. Wade Supreme Court ruling that allowed abortion in America.

A4E
amen!
laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
You're week must be even more exciting of you have nothing better to do than keep track of all the sentances i say zorro

Mandos
That is DAMN not funny. rolling on floor laughing
-The Valar hath spoken.

§H@Ñ€
I do admit i am a homophob but I'm sorry, i dont even a little bit understand what the problem of ga marrage is! I'm not all for it, but who the hell say WE are to say how others should live their lives?! And I know for sure gay parents dont raise gay kids! A family down the street from me has two gay dad's. And those kids are not being raised to be homosexuals. and how is being gay really any diffrent from two diffrent colored ppl. a white can marry a black, but a women cant marry a women or a man cant marry a man?! There is so much more i want to say! gay's marrying is honestly a VERY segrigatinal topic!

WHAT PPL WANT TO DO WITH THEIR LIVES IS UP TO THEM!

AND THAT POST WAS COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE! AND EVEN IF IT WAS MENT AS A JOKE THAT SOMETHIGN YOU SHOULD KEEP TO YOUR SELF!

blowup censored taz mad2

pr1983
i dont think there are any valid reasons why gay marriage should be illegal

Linkalicious
*is currently busy re-arranging own sock drawer*

badsymbiote
Woohoo!!! Hypocrite, racist, and homophobic. Thank you for your hostility. It sure is wonderful to be called such horrible names by people who claim to be open-minded. I really couldn't give a crap about the topic any more than I care who you share your bed with.

The fact is that before I came and posted here, there was nothing even worthy of discussion. No one would take a hard stance on this. The fact is I gave you one--and thus, something to ***** about, and you did. The fact is I allowed you to call me names without challenging you or trying to justify myself, because the fact is, I don't give a damn either way.

All I ask of my gay friends is that they not hit on me or try to get me into bed. All I ask of you is that you carry on without me, because I'd rather paint my toenails and watch SportsCenter than argue with you ninnies.
No thanks is necessary for my contribution to your previously inane thread...
*Smiles at the furor created by so little effort*

BackFire
"Woohoo!!! Hypocrite, racist, and homophobic. Thank you for your hostility. It sure is wonderful to be called such horrible names by people who claim to be open-minded. I really couldn't give a crap about the topic any more than I care who you share your bed with."

If the shoe fits....

Also, you claim not to care about the topic but yet you carried out a debate and conversation about said topic that you "don't care about". Typical mentality of a person who loses an argument - "Yeah, well I don't care about the topic, so poop on YOU!!!". I never tire of it.

"The fact is that before I came and posted here, there was nothing even worthy of discussion. No one would take a hard stance on this. The fact is I gave you one--and thus, something to ***** about, and you did. The fact is I allowed you to call me names without challenging you or trying to justify myself, because the fact is, I don't give a damn either way."

No worthy discussion? Then why was there 4 pages of discussion prior to your replies? Or did you not notice those? Plenty of people took a hard stance on the topic, and most peoples stance was "Gay marriage should be legal". That just proves how abundantly obvious it is that Gay marrage should actually be legal, despite people like you who go off and challenge it, but then fail to back up their claim, and fall back on the wonderful retort of "well I don't really care, I just said what I said for debate purposes blah blah blah I hate gays".

"All I ask of my gay friends is that they not hit on me or try to get me into bed."

I really doubt that's something you have to worry about, sweetheart.

"All I ask of you is that you carry on without me, because I'd rather paint my toenails and watch SportsCenter than argue with you ninnies.
No thanks is necessary for my contribution to your previously inane thread...
*Smiles at the furor created by so little effort*"

Painting toenails while watching sportscenter? Sounds right up your alley. No thanks will be given to you, seeing as you deserve none.

Bye bye, you will not be missed.

m!$hA
i have one reason why gay marriages should be illegal

because some people who arent gay are silly and they think its wrong to be gay roll eyes (sarcastic)

m!$hA
3. if straight people only had straigt kids, then everyone would be straight blink

6. exactly! if gay marriages should be decided by people, why not let the gays decide?

8. being around tall people does not make you tall...same as being around short people will not make you short.

10. basically all of my friends only live with one of their parents, and theyre raised perfectly!

Corran
Misha it's just a piss-take.

Darinda
for one i think that is discriminating!my aunt is gay and her,and her girlfriend are the tow nicest ppl you could ever meet!it is un-natural to who?to ppl who don't understand it?and if there wer e 2 gay parents,and they adopted a kid it would teach the kid how to be respectfull of others in ways that straight parents may not be able to even think of,and yah that is my opinion,so yah.

m!$hA
oh so theyre just kidding? embarrasment

Corran
Ya.

ElectricBugaloo
hmm..i think that KMC's sarcasm detector is broken

Mr Zero
When I see that people don't get this as satire I begin to suspect that the world is broken.

Corran
You've only just realised, how positively remiss of you.

nemo
the list is funny but hardly helpful.

Corran
It's not supposed to be helpful, just funny roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jackie Malfoy
Here is my list.

1.it may be a freedom of speech to marry anyone you want.But a man marrying another man is wrong.Marriage should be only for a woman and a man it always been like that so why change it?

2.If they want to get married in a catholic church or any kind of relion church they have no luck there.And without geting married in a church people say your marriage did not count.

3.Does it brother anyone that it is odd seeing a man and a man kissing or both wearing a suit and going down the aile.It would look pretty strange to me.

For now that is it.I got to go to chores before I am missed.
I will be back after school!I hope.,See you around.JM Happy Dance

Capt_Fantastic
What exactly is a religion church?

jedijunky1138
What Jackie is saying is that Homosexuality is an Abomination in the eyes of God. What more needs to be said?

PVS
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

jedijunky1138
Seperation of church and state. Yea but they can amend the constitution to clairify the meaning of the word marriage. This I feel needs to be done to solidify the santity of marriage. God intended for marriage to be between a man and a woman. that is why he created Eve, to be a helpmate for Adam. Flesh of his flesh, Bone of his bone.

Capt_Fantastic
lol...so, not only should gay not be allowed to marry, but women should be foot stools for their husbands...

But, the bible is an interesting tool as I understand it. Apparently you can tell what kind of person a guy is based on the fruit he eats...

I dunno, it doesn't make sense to me either. Ask Fiery Eyes, apparently she speaks to god.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2576083#post2576083

jedijunky1138
What exactly did I say about women being servents of men. I believe in equal rights for women. Women are just as capable of opening there own car door as men are. Women complain about there equal rights but then say there is no romance left in the world.

Back on topic. Check out Romans 1:24-27

PVS
look, i can see that you are firmly with the bible on this, and i respect that.
but that is what you BELIEVE. we live in a nation where religious beliefs do not count as fact.

to think that the constitution, who's first ammendment is a declaration of a separation of church and state law, should have a 'new' law tagged on with a particular religion as its justification, is just plain wrong.

not only is it wrong, but if that step is taken, they may as well take the contitution out of the thick glass case, throw it on the floor, light it on fire, and piss on the ashes. it would be a total mockery of freedom

Capt_Fantastic
I don't think you said it at all. God did.

So, women deserve equal rights, but gay women do not?

BackFire
Here we go again. "The sancitity of marriage" argument is not valid people, again, IT IS NOT VALID AND ANYONE WHO USES IT AS REASONING AS TO WHY GAYS SHOULD NOT BE MARRIEED IS A TOOL OF STUPIDITY.

The sanctity of marriage is pretty much dead, it hasn't been sacred in a long time, pretty much since there have been drive through marriage chapels and shows like "who wants to marry a millionaire". Letting gay people get married won't hurt marriage for anyone else, it will just allow gay people the same rights as everyone else. By saying gay people shouldn't be married you are saying they should not have the same rights as everyone else (marriage is a right these days, lets face it). So, saying that a group of people shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else is prejudice and bigoted, so saying that gay people shouldn't is proving you are a prejudice bigot. Congratulations.

Syren
Oh Lordy, would you all try and listen to this guy? Please, for the sake of my sanity.......

And BF, are you of the single persuasion? shifty

BackFire
Unfortunately, no.

Syren
A gal's gotta try, no? stick out tongue

BackFire
But...for you I could make an exception. wink

Syren
eek!

Oh good, a real man roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
Was there any doubt?

Silver Stardust
BF, THANK YOU.

The whole "marriage is only between a man and a woman" thing is bull. Marriage should be between two people who love each other, regardless of their gender.

PVS
regardless of what anyone believes,
ammending the constitution with a law based on religion is
not only a mockery of liberty, but a dangerous slippery slope.
the fact that this is even being thought over by the powers that be
scares me. its not just about gay weddings, there is far more at
stake here, and it affects ALL americans.

Silver Stardust
No kidding. Amendments are supposed to give us more freedoms, not take them away.

Londonboy7
free country, dosn't hurt anyone

Syren
If it gets amended, you only have to ask 'what's next?'

BackFire
Women not being allowed to vote, black people having to drink out of special drinking fountains and use special bathrooms, and eventually we'll get the privilege of buying other human beings so we can force them to do work around the house that we don't really want to do.

I CAN'T WAIT.

Silver Stardust
It'll be like we're in a time machine going backwards...yippee.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>