a quote from fotr

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calenlass
were moving and i recently packed away all of my books, but i have to turn in something with an inspirational quote later this morning, and i wanted to use one of tolkienz. can someone please post 'the road goes ever on and on' and gandalfz inspirational speech in the mines of moria? and anything else you think i might be able to use. im working on choosing...

Agent Elrond
"...all you have to do is decide what to do with that time that's given to you..." I don't remeber much, haven't seen the movie in ages, and never read the book embarrasment

ladygrim
lol...

Exabyte

Mr Zero
He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom.

Exabyte
Isn't that from the scene where Saruman becomes Saruman the Multicoloured and explains that broken white light is multicoloured?

Agent Elrond
he is correct, white light does break into red, yellow, green, blue, ect/ Interesting

Quendiñoldo
Well....I didn't know that....stick out tongue

rohanspear543
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey!Or He will not slay thee in thy turn.He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation,Beyond all Darkness,where thou flesh will be devoured,and thy shrivelled mind will be left naked to the lidless eye!"---The Witchking ROTK hek yea!

Quendiñoldo
"Cold be hand an heart and bone,
Cold be sleep under stone:
Never more to wake on stony bed,
Never, till the Sun fails and the Moon is dead.
In the black wind the stars shall die,
And still on gold here let them lie,
Till the Dark Lord lifts his hand
Over dead Sea, and whithered Land."- Barrow-wight, FotR

§pearhead
I can't read that first post on the black background embarrasment

but as I see, it's already been done smile

Elessea
sorry, i know its offtopic, but i love your sig spear laughing out loud so true big grin

Mandos

Exabyte
This passage about Finrod's challenge was also included in the prose text as published in the Silmarillion happy

Most of the rest of the Lay as it was published in the HME-III is also available online, but kinda hard to find

shaber
He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom. or she

Thrain
i think the best quote is what boromir said wen he died its on my sig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.