Saw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
Man, this looks so insanely awesome it's not even funny.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/url/shop.php?k=trailer-http%253A%252F%252Fwww.apple.com%252Ftrailers%252Flions_gate%252Fsaw%252Fmed.html&kw=

It's rated R for grizly violence which means the worst kind of violence there is. So I'll be waiting for it.

Unholy_Cheese
I hope the movie is better then the trailer

deadly_force
looks pretty good ive seen better trailers mind, but i suppose they cant put much in the trailer if it so violent cause trailers have to be suitable for all ages dont they?

Unholy_Cheese
hmmm, im not sure about that

deadly_force
there is an uncut trailer here http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/saw/trailers.php

makaky
Thanks for the web link Solo. It looks like it could be an interesting movie, if you like that sort of thing - call me warped but I am one of those that does like that kind! Seems like a unique and outrageous storyline. I'll definitely put that on my 'must see" list!

BloomBabyGirl
i think itll be great. mystery and horror

Lord Soth
It was originally suppose to open next Friday, but the filmmakers brilliantly moved it to Halloween weekend.

It looks awesome, I'll be in line

Cinemaddiction
They did the same thing for the Director's Cut of "Alien", last year, dropping it ON Halloween. I was there, and I'll be there for this one as well.

silvabullet
Hell yea, I'm looking forward to this movie also. I'm gonna make a topic about another scary movie that's coming out. AAEVP.

slasherpunk18
Definitely caught my attention

<<Solo>>
I'll definately be there, and I just noticed they're releasing an uncut version that's NC-17.

slasherpunk18
sweet.

Snipes
have you guys played the game Manhunt by R*, the trailer of this movie reminded me of that game.

ic ant see this movie until i get it on dvd cause i think its rated R18+ in Australia

<<Solo>>
Unlucky.

Letinol
I was wondering why that movie didnt come out this weekend at the theater around here. I am kinda glad they moved it to Halloween. Now there will be something better to go see than the seed of chucky. I hope this movie has more gore than any other movie.

deadly_force
this movie is out in britain now it came out friday 1st havent had chance to see it yet though sad

ladygrim
i cant be arsed to see it until it comes out video ..

deadly_force
i must say ladygrim well put

SlipknoT
whats Saw about?

<<Solo>>
It's about a serial killer named Jigsaw putting people in this room ( the people don't know how they get in it) and well Danny Glover's a detective. I can't go to deep into what it's about because I really havn't seen it.

Shaolin Monk
omg, I just finished watching Saw...it was friggin awesome...some good suspense, and a great ending...the best "horror" film i've seen in awhile...definitely as good as it sounds/looks...don't want to say too much to give it away, but you won't want to miss it!

lil bitchiness
I've seen it! I liked it thumb up

zombieman
I'll be seeing this later today along with Resident Evil 2. I'm sure I'll be giving at least one of these films a roasting on here later.

<<Solo>>
It's supposed to be super gorey,....sounds like fun to me.

lil bitchiness
I did a review on it in the review section.

Saw is a good movie, its entertaining, which what movies were supposed to be. Its not scary, but its very disturbing.

zombieman
I thought Saw was excellent, especially in terms of suspense. The twist at the end was good in the sense that there is no way on earth you could guess it, but it was a touch far fetched. All in all though, the acting is of a good standard and it is genuinly disturbing, top marks.

lil bitchiness
thumb up Indeed.

I guess that was another thing that i loved about it. There was no way in hell you could have guessed the ending.

thegreatrudini
I took my gf to see it i think its good not the best film ive ever seen but it is very good. I think its made better the fact they have used unknown actors

Tex
Just saw the trailer on TV.
Looks good, great premise!

He makes them kill themselves! fear

Arachnoidfreak
How did you see it?? It comes out Halloween!!

Anyway, my friend and I were thinking of cutting school to see it, that's how much we practically obssese over it.

We made the decision to go right after school though, like good little boys.

DeNiro
I cant wait to go see this movie just looks really fun and freaky to watch

thegreatrudini
It's been out in the Uk for a few weeks thats how i saw it because i live there lol

Cinemaddiction
Alright, as you can see, I am insanely geeked for this flick now.

I recommend you cats and kittens check out www.sawmovie.com, and run through the interactive game.

eggmayo
i have a cousin who did me a liddle copy

grey fox
just saw the trailer it was the most ****ed up thign in the universe

Wolfie
The Punisher DVD comes with a preview disc for Saw. I watched it the other night, it looks so good!

Major Knight
this movie sounds like crap on toast, i don't think this could be called a horror movie, because i thought horror meant scary movie but thats just me. i just think like with so many good movies coming out, y compete with this kinda dumb crap. reminds me much of the movie fear.com, just because of the person stuck in a room. and that movie sucked so cant wait to see the bad reviews later.

Arachnoidfreak
Horror doesn't neccisarily mean scary. It also indicates a dark tone filled with sadness and death. This movie should have a TON of gore in it, and it's about a serial killer. Sounds like horror to me.

Major Knight
very true, i guess.i guess scary is just what i think of when i hear the word horror. but just because it has a serial killer, doesn't mean anything because they have a comedy called serial killer and thats not horror lol.

thegreatrudini
If all horror was classed as scary major knight there would only be about 10 horror films in the world! There thats my rant over lol

wicker_man
I really haven't seen many films in the last few years, i'd deem original but this was definitely in a league of its own, one part even had me turning away from the screen, everyone - even non-horror/thriller fans were singing its praises.

Cowboyography
WOOT WOOT I will be in the theater in six hours, cant wait, my halloween is riding on this flick being good, that and the huge party im having saturday, I am hoping to go as Jigsaw!!!

thegreatrudini
Y would u wanna look like jigsaw? he just looks like a normal bloke lol

Cinemaddiction
This movie ****ing failed. I swear, the entire Horror genre needs to be obliterated, as it continues to fail in it's quest of providing quality entertainment.

Look for my venomous review later.

Cowboyography
really cinema? that bad? if its that bad it may ruin my halloween!!! NO PLEASE

BackFire
If you want to see a review ripping this movie apart, read mine. I loathed this movie. Loathed it. It was sloppy as hell and took as many shortcuts as possible to leave the audience feeling grim and frusturated.

WindDancer
I gotta check it out. I hope it isn't as bad as you guys are saying. Hate to waste my cash on trash.

Cinemaddiction
My review was nice in comparison, lol. Not to toot my own horn, but when both Backfire and I lay into a movie, chances are it's not worth seeing.

I'm so disappointed, as I was actually thinking this was going to be the Horror flick of the year. Turns out to be another 365 days of crappy horror films.

I'm going to see "Ray" on Monday, hoping my luck will change.

Cowboyography
WTF were u guys expecting, It wasnt supposed to be a scary movie, It was pumped as one but I promise that when those guys set down to write it they were thinking something original. The premise is what had me, two guys wake up in a bathroom chained to the walls with instrustions to off eachother, Right on something new, Now, Elwes needs to stick to Men in Tights I agree, I even thought he had an accent when he yelled, but The writer/Danny did a pretty damn good job. Sorry guys but there will never be another se7en or Silence of the lambs, I hate those comnparisons. I agree both those movies were better, But i would go see this again before I go see the Grunge!!

DaRk Lotus
I saw the movie hee..8x cuz I work at the movies smile

Cinemaddiction
Like I said, nice story, but poor execution. Cary Elwes singlehandedly ruined the film. Danny Glover's uninspired "acting" made it worse, and the fact that the movie was full of rejected Nine Inch Nails video clips rounded it out.

"Saw" was more like a butter knife. Don't buy into the hype, and don't allow this or "The Grudge" to insult your intelligence, kids.

It's a great year for horror comedies, that's for sure.

Major Knight
LMAO i knew this movie would suck.

Micheal_Myers
-sigh-Its just like you guys to overlook things, I guess.Sad but I dont even know what I mean by saying that.I personally think saw looks like an interesting movie and I do plan on seeing it one day.I also am interested in "The Grudge" since it is a Japanese horror.But I have heard that the american version butchered it.

But it doesnt matter since I tend to like movies that other people overexamine and come to hate.I remember how Backfire would say the only good Halloween movie was the first.I disagreed then and I hopefully will disagree this time as well.So yes I will either waste my money or watch a good movie...only time will tell either way I will see Saw and offer my oppinion in probably....probably when it comes out on DvD or VHS.

<<Solo>>
It's better then The Grudge, that's for sure. Much more scarrier, wait that's not saying much, because The Grudge ****ING SUCKED.

Wolfie
I just saw this tonight. I loved it. Cary Elwes's acting did make me come up with the conclusion that he was the killer (LOL). He just seemed too calm and figured things out quickly. It's a very interesting concept and the deaths were, in my opinion, very gruesome and unique.

I found it kinda farfetched when the body in the room got up and killed Adam. Someone wouldn't be able to hold completely still that long. Or maybe they were just caught up in the moment.

Cinemaddiction
Cary Elwes wasn't the killer, though.

Oh yeah, one other thing.

Anybody else find it extremely convenient that a terminally ill man, dying of an inoperable brain tumor, A) sneaks out of a hospital, and B) shows no signs of having said tumor? I had a cousin, Angie (R.I.P.) who had one, and her forehead was buldging out past her nose.

Wolfie
I know Cary Elwes wasn't the killer. I was just saying his bad acting made me think he was at first.

Cinemaddiction
Gotcha. I'd never wish death on anyone, but offing Cary would have made the movies much easier to enjoy.

Major Knight
lol w/e man i dont really think anything could be worse then "SAW"...well not true i guess "dawn of the dead" remake could be that movie was just crap.

Cinemaddiction
"Dawn of the Dead" (2004) was still more entertaining and poppy than both "Saw" and "The Grudge", IMO.

Cowboyography
I did like the new Dawn smile

Freddy Lover
You won't catch me watching this scary shit...

Cinemaddiction
The trailer is very misleading, as "Saw" was very tame.

gls
actully the movie was good..but yea it wasn't all that scary. but it did keep me intrested through the whole movie

Nataku8188
Besides the sometimes pathetic acting on Elwes part... this was a very good movie. It appeals more to the se7en crowd, and as long as you don't try to measure it up to se7en, you should enjoy it. This movie isn't se7en 2, and if you say it acts like it... you're an idiot. Just because they share a lot of similarities doesn't mean Elwes/Wan were trying to make this se7en 2, it is it's own movie, and does an excellent job at what it was trying to do.

What is that exactly?

Make you think that the 'jigsaw' killer is one twisted mother****er. I mean, he does this so people will learn life lessons, not because he enjoys it. I think that's a point a lot of you missed.

Wolfie
Whatever his motives are, he's still twisted.

Cowboyography
his motives were clear IMO:

he was terminal and wanted people to apreciate life, so he found people who didnt, A drug addict, a cheating doctor, ect... and placed them in a position where if they did live they would fully appreciate what they had. Sure not as cut and dry as, he killed my nrother now I must kill him, but John Does motives were even worse!!

Micheal_Myers
I just saw the movie last night and I must say I enjoyed it.It wasnt scary as the trailer made it look, but it did have a little jumpy moments and was kind of scary.Some of the parts they tried to make scary were funny, but the way I laughed at them added to my enjoyment of the movie (No, I dont mean that the movie was only good because it was easy to make fun of, I seriously liked it.)

The suspense was good and I loved the ending.The movie kept me interested and had a great storyline.Anyone that thought this movie sucked probably based that on the acting as they most likely overexamined things.Either that or its just the fact that they didnt like it.One way or another I respect their oppinions, but I believe this is a great movie and I definately reccomend you go watch it if you havent already.

botankus
There are a few (F-E-W) exceptions in the cinematic world where you can look past the acting and a basis such as the relatively tame moral lessons trying to be taught by the psychopath, IMO, and I believe Saw is a perfect example of this. I thought it was a good ride. Thanks to a long day at work, I was about 2 minutes from falling asleep when the movie started, and wide awake when it started getting going, which was pretty early.

I'm not looking for it to win Best Picture or Actor. Please. When it comes to films like this, I just want to be entertained and feel like my money was well spent. It was.

We need less teeny-bopper Wrong Turns, for the love of God, and more like films like this. I and the rest of anyone over 20 years old would not argue that!

Cory, as much as you didn't like Saw, I think you'd agree with that last generalization.

Cinemaddiction
Well, I always said that it was a good story/idea, just with bad execution. That and Robin Hood trying to be a scream queen.

Jason420
saw this movie when it came out I love this movie great plot and twist and ending my new fav movie

Major Knight
OMG that movie was horrible, it was so damn slow and the ending was the last straw if i had to rate that movie i think it would be 2/10. that movie had nothing special or even cool. just faster then normal zombies lol

tabby999
unless priorly stated, the best thing about Saw (and this is without me having seen it as of yet) is that it was directed by two australians, finally, getting some good shit out there. and would you beleive out stupid ****ing film department with the govt knocked them back when they applied for the grants to make the movie, so now their in america and have a three movie contract with Universal....i hate the Aus film industry

Cinemaddiction
Speaking of Oz Horror, when the hell is "Undead" debuting here!?

tabby999
havn't a clue, i'd burn you a copy of my dvd but i dont have a dvd burner. if i could get it done you want a copy mailed over?

The Tired Hiker
I liked it. embarrasment

Castor
I hate, no deplore, scary movies. They freak me out and I just dont like them, but this one.

OMG, I'd watch it again if I had a copy. Its just so friggin interesting. Its not just scarry monsters or things jumping out of the dark. Although there is some of that. This movie has a story and a purpose. If nothing else the goal of the killer is enough. I thought it was a horror movie with a real purpose, unlike....say....cabin fever, the grudge, or any of those other movies that suck.

The ending tripped me out, and unlike some of the others on this board i think glovers performance was great. Him sitting in the room investigating and saying his dead partners name was emo as all hell. I think the two guys in the room could have acted better though. The killer getting up at the end was awesome. The way he was getting people to kill themselves was even better. It was sophisticated and thought out.

I wish I knew what that red thing that attacked the guys was, and also whats up with the laughing robot on the tricycle. That was hilarious.

I loved saw, plus it scared the shit outta me....but I'm a chicken. Heh.

slayer
Snipes, this movie is rated MA15+ here.

Hope iwas of some help big grin

Darth_Big_Boy
I loved SAW....I can't wait for the DVD release.

Zilverz
I guess im in the minority, most reviews i read were of people that hated the acting and gave the movie an overall thumbs down. I had not read any spoilers and decided to give it a try. I did not think the acting was extremely poor. which i was lead to believe. I am not saying that it flowed 100% either. there will be no awards in that category in my book. But I think the puppet was creepy. The death devices were all pretty crafty. I like how the killer just toyed with them leaving clues here and there. It kept things mysterious. I like the photographer character. I think he played his role well. I also like the music and all the creative artistic touches.

I had the killer picked right from the beginning. But remimber thinking, that was too easy. Nevertheless, I didnt think past that and when the killer was revealed at the end it was a total suprise to me. I will definately be awaiting the sequel

murder
Its a horrendous movie.
Don't bother.

Cowboyography
Actually This movie was Amazing. Well Written, Great Idea, Intense, Scary and Dark. The one problem I will admit was the acting. This was a first try and it was something original, But when the movie ended The entire theater just gasped (sold out opening night showing). I am sorry if you didnt like this movie, but thats your problem, 2 theater viewings and I cant wait for the DVD.

its also a shame about Ewles, I just watched the Princess Bride and he was tremendous in that. But I think at one point in Saw he actually used his accent!!!!!

tabby999
i think the only REALLY weak acting in the movie comes straight from mister Danny Glover, talk about acting on auto pilot or what...

m. myers
I wouldn't consider this movie a straight up "horror" movie, more suspense, but i 100% agree that its the best movie of its kind ive seen in recent years

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.