police state and the BNP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/libdems2004/story/0,14992,1308857,00.html

What d'you think?

The government lately passed this Civil Contingencies Bill to give themselves the power to cancel elections and political opponents. I'll have to try and find it

shaber
"Freedom for the wolves means death for the sheep". Bear in mind though that there are no sanctions against members of Islamic extremeist groups in the police force or civil service either.

Papaumau
While I have NO TIME WHATSOEVER for the BNP I think that it is outrageous that a government minister should show such non-democratic action.

We all know that even in the hardest times in Britain the people here are not crazy enough to vote for the extremist parties at either end of the spectrum. Nevertheless, this IS a democracy and in a democracy even the most hard-line groups have the right to speak and to draw members to their own political parties.

They will NEVER get anywhere here and they know it !

shaber
I think the UK's democratic status was effectively finished when they started talking about arresting people for words uttered within their homes, nevertheless, the Civil Contingencies Bill once put into effect will complete the process.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.