Outrageous! (but I'm not surprised)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Check this out!:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2004/09/22/national1416EDT0631.DTL&type=printable

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)
mad mad mad

SICK! Absolutely SICK!

Nazgulinthedark
louisiana is a sad, sad state sad

Tex
Sadly that attitude is very prevalent in many religious people.

Nazgulinthedark
yes they take things to literally

BadKitty
that man is such a hypocrite http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/21/newsid_2565000/2565197.stm

sick

Arachnoidfreak
Actually, we had a guest speaker in school today, for chapel service. The actual topic was the "Prodigal Son" parable. Guess what he started ranting on about? I love how he went from a man's son returning home to gay people are evil and are going to hell.

Gregory
That's televangelists for you. I'm not surprised at all.

WindDancer
Jimmy isn't a Holy man people. So please don't let a bad apple spoiled the rest. The man is wicked and for him to claim to be a Christian is false. Let's not turn this into another anti-religion thread. Not that I really care, but is very likely to turn in that direction. That man isn't religious or even a Christian in my eyes.

Tex
Exactly.

Unfortunately there are millions of Jimmy's parading around!

It's disgusting. These people should be unmasked, their true hateful and disgusting natures unveiled.

Cipher
Swaggart, like so many of those who talk about religion constantly, is foolish hypocrite. What about the commandment that says not to kill? Or does he think its OK if the person is gay or something else this dolt doesn't like?
Even worse are the people who laughed at this stupid statement......

Tex
These are the exact crazy, right-winged religious nuts I keep rampaging about!

America is full of them! schmoll
They're the ones voting for Bush! wacko

BackFire
Ugh, what a disgusting human being.

Fire
okie I can understand it if he doesn't like gay people looking at him romanticly but he can't go around saying he will kill ppl for it.

finti
Jimmy is flattering himself, no gay man would ever look at Jimmy romantically.

Papaumau
Religion..ALL religion..right or wrong...has far too many hangups !

Give it up NOW !

Go here and get that monkey off your back:

http://www.secularism.org.uk

Mr Zero
Swaggart is pretty hot tho.

Samurai Guy
A simple lifestyle choice like sexual preference should not render a person worthy of death.

This just shows you that there are too many people with too much time on their hands. If you want a better understanding of my viewpoint, watch AMERICAN HISTORY X, more in particular the part where Edward Nortons charater is talking to his "co-worker" in prison.

botankus
....And him or anyone else saying things like that affects anyone else's lives how????

Alright, since I'm going to assume that remarks like that take place in the thousands daily around the globe, I'm not going to rest until I uncover every last one of them and b*tch about it to the world!!

Sarcasm aside, my life is too busy to worry about what someone in China, Denmark, or Oregon thinks of something I sympathize with.

If someone I was close to said that, that would be a different story.

The Omega

mechmoggy
I think its a bit harsh to generalize the Christian doctrine by the unethical actions of some of its followers.

But I agree that it doesn't do the faiths image any favours when caveman comments like those in the link are made.

finti
call Jessica Hahn she will kick Jimmys butt

WindDancer
I don't recall making the statement in a questionable manner (what's with the "?" in the quote?) For some Jimmy was consider a Holy man and a pure human being. He NEVER was one in the first place. Despite what his followers make him look like, Jimmy was a fraud since day one. Now, you asked me "How's an atheist like myself supposed to know the difference?" Well, I'm pretty sure that atheists are known for doing research....so if you're an atheist, I'm pretty sure you investigate these frauds. What's a good example of a Christian? How about MLK?. The man was a firm believer of the Christian dogma and he will always be above Jimmy in my mind.

Gregory
Sorry, but I don't agree. To be a "true Christian," you have to believe in the divinity of Jesus, every thing else is just dogma. If I arbitrarily disqualified everybody from being a Christian because I thought their dogma was repellant, then basically the only "true Christians" left would be liberal Protestants.

WindDancer
Gregory and do you think that ppl like Jimmy do really believe in Christ? He never was a believer in the first place. He only took advantage of the faith of others to profit his wallet. I betcha Jimmy has never really followed the preachings of Jesus. He only use them to fooled people into his sinister schemes.

Darth Revan
Heyyy I live in Oregon stick out tongue

Gregory
What you say may be true. But you have people like Jimmy talking about killing gays, and Falwell blaming them for the WTC tragedy, and if they're half as devious as you believe, they must know what sort of sh*tstorm that sort of comment will cause ... so why should they make them unless they believe them?

Phoenix
sad what about me? am I no longer your favourite little christian...? sad

cry

stick out tongue

Tex
jesuswhip
^
Mad Mel made a billion bucks off that smilie scenario! laughing out loud

Well one thing I can officially say is that Jimmy can rest assure that's he's been blacklisted at all of the trendiest hair salons and fashion boutiques! zorro *snap snap*

WindDancer
I think is a toupee! Poor rat must feel miserable on top of that head. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
"It's a humorous statement that doesn't mean anything.''

Im pretty sure that if someone on TV said ''i anyone comes anywhere near me with a cross or a bible or is a Christian im going to kill him, ha ha ha ha'' he would get burn to the stake by Bush and his followers.

What a shamfull and petty excuse. Stupid man!

BackFire
And on top of that, it wasn't very humerous, just awkward and disturbing. But then again, that's exactly the type of humor people like him love.

silver_tears
Tex stop mocking christianity it's getting old roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tex
2000 years old! laughing out loud

BackFire
Nonsense, mocking Christianity NEVER gets old.

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

Tex
Christians mock their religion by their own actions.

Sil! winkiss

silver_tears
I may not be a fundamentalist or etc, but I'm proud to be a Christian, I don't go around spouting outrageous things, so stop sterotyping Christians, because it pisses me off for one roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
an atheist wouldnt know the diffrence between a fraud and a "holy" man cause they both be a fraud to him/her

Phoenix
*backs up silver*

but that guy really was a prick...

silver_tears
Yes with that I completely agree yes

finti
oh no we cant piss off a christian what a disgrace roll eyes (sarcastic) Chrisitans are stereotyped because you are alike due to what book you believe in.
christian is a christian regardless denomination

Capt_Fantastic
That's not very Christian of you. Jesus says to turn the other cheek and let me slap that one too.

stick out tongue

WindDancer
Communist take the Manifesto very literaly too. They still belive in that fictional proletariat revolution which has never or will ever take place. And they are not even religious.

finti
more like how I would describe christians and their bible

WindDancer
Yeah, but Christians aren't atheists. Communist certainly are....

finti
and your point is?

finti
I hope you aint mistaken me for a commie just cause I have a Che avatar.

WindDancer
That both atheist and religious ppl tend to accept everything their books tell them. In this case I was applying the case of Communist and Christians. Nothing personal...

Err...no finti. I'm only using communism as an example. I, myself tends to sound more like a commie than you. In other words...I don't think you are commie because of your avy.

Gregory
Except that atheists don't have a book. At least I don't, and I'm an atheist. Maybe I need to start attending meetings or something.

WindDancer
What I was trying to imply is that Communist are known to be atheists because in their ideology Religion is false and is used as a tool by Bourgeois to exploit the proletariat. They base that idea from their Manifesto. In order for them to be communists they have be educated on the Marxist theories which of course can be found in the writtings of Marx. Too make it short. Not all atheists are communist. But all communist are atheists. Therefore Communist read the manifesto.....which is a book. Are you following what I'm saying?

Wired Biker
We should start a new religion called "KMC-inism".

silver_tears
There are different types of Christians roll eyes (sarcastic)

MegaHarrison
The Christian church has gone through many reforms...Though their stance on homosexuality, abortion, and womens rights are in desperate need of reform. Not to mention the Vaticans support of the holocaust.

Gregory
I don't think the Vatican supports the holocaust. The pope at the time may not have done much to oppose it, but that's all in the past.

I think there's a danger of lumping all Christians together. Christians need to reform their stance on homosexuality? What about the denominations that perform gay marriages? Women's rights? There are Christian denominations that ordain women; what more do you want? I agree that the views and actions of the Roman Catholic Church and the Southern Baptists/fundamentalist Protestants are often ... um ... less than ideal, but that doesn't mean we should paint the rest of Christianity with the same brush, or ignore the good work many Christians do. Just one atheist's opinion.

lil bitchiness
There is nothing wrong with communists no expression why is everyone treating it as an insult?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.