Shy or outgoing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Silver Stardust
Which one are you? Are you shy, or outgoing? And I know, most people are a mix of both, what I mean is which one are you more?

I'm a very shy person. I simply cannot talk to people I don't know, and tend to keep to myself and am very quiet. I HATE being so shy, and I'm really trying to become more outgoing, but my efforts are going very slowly and as of yet very little has changed.

N.Tonks
I'm only shy around people I don't know...

Darth Revan
Depends on my mood. Usually I'm pretty shy, but not as much so as some people I know.

Silver Stardust
I'm really shy even around people I know embarrasment It sucks.

Tptmanno1
Meh, Im OK, except around girls I like and such, THATS a different story....

silvabullet
I think everyone is shy around people they don't know. I'm not sure if anyone here notices, but when you meet someone new, you feel like you always need to start the conversation. I try to be social around new people, but it's hard, because they seem to be shy. So maybe the shy people need to talk more so us social people don't feel uncomfortable.

cauteriZed
I'm shy but i would love to be more confident. The only people i feel confident around are my family

Fire
I'm usualy shy around ppl I don't know that well, but once ppl get to know me I'm pretty out going

btw don't confuse (and tons of ppl do) being shy with being less confident.

Mr Zero
I'm what you might call "not shy". I'm not outgoing, but i generally don't give a crap what other people think so i'm not shy around them.

Why would you care what other people think about you, especially people you dont know?

m!$hA
im definently outgoing yes
i mean i can be shy at times, but 90% of the times im outgoing big grin

BadKitty
I'm kinda like mr.zero here. I'm not shy at all in fact I used to be very out going but I've learned thats it's generaly not worth my effort to be,so I'm not out going.

and I'm not shy around people because who cares any way really.

BackFire
I'm quiet, but not because I'm shy, more because I don't really want to talk to most people. If I have something to say, I'll say it reguardless, but I don't go around talking to random people.

saltym
erm.........i'm better at one on one, and get quiet when theres a group of people and everybody is trying to get attention, i can't be bothered in that situation.

Papaumau
ME.....SHY....?....NEVER !

I suppose if you are confident and intelligent and reasonably good-looking and with a good imagination and a way with people then you will never be shy.

Some of these qualities are born in the person but some need to be encouraged and nurtured before you are able to always make the first move and before you can easily break into a closed conversation and make new friends.

Once you can do this...and all it takes is a bit of practice... you will find that your life will be much more rewarding and much more full of experience. If your shyness is holding you back then beat it by getting some self-confidence lessons.

( BUT...never be TOO pushy as this can be counterproductive too ).

Oh yes...and..like me...if you want to get ahead... you must be modest ! laughing Happy Dance

DarkPheonix
I am totally out going... Hugs for every one big grin

Papaumau
Yeah...group hug, group hug ! group

Ushgarak
I'm not shy unless I am in the big wide world. At home, school or work I am outgoing to an amount that surprises myself (I think I am over-compensating), but in the street, pub or club I run away from everyone.

(hugs SS)

Soon have something done about YOUR shyness...

cauteriZed
some people are just shy by nature which is partly true of me,i am a quite person who is happy to keep to myself.but im also shy because i dont have confidence in myself. subsequently when i meet new people i find it hard to speak to them as i am judging how they think of me, assusimng it will be negative.so this contributes to my shyness

Mr Zero
Odd, because whenever I meet anyone I also assume that any impression they will get about me will be negative. That doesnt make my shy tho... far from it.

cauteriZed
how does that work?i often feel crippled by how i think people perceive me

Peeves-04
im shy i cant ask girls out

cauteriZed
aww sad

Mr Zero
My bitter and twisted outlook of humanity means that i think most people are dumb-asses. No matter what opinion they might have of me I don't care because if 99% of people are stupid then why should I care what they think...

It's worked out that the people I admire seem to find me tolerable, so i'm not quite the friendless loner i might otherwise have become.

Bottom line: how you feel about yourself is vastly more important than the opinions of people who dont really have a clue who you are or what you stand for. Any moment you waste worrying about the opinion of strangers is a moment you could have spent discovering something more about yourself. Once you are more or less sure who you are then you wont care what other people think. That's only an issue if you suspect they can see you more clearly than you can see yourself.

/RANT

Peeves-04
ive never been out with a girl because im too shy

cauteriZed
tis true mr zero.it sounds very cheesy but ive just got to start liking myself, then other peoples opinions of me wont matter.id love to be able to like myself.anyhoo ive got to go now, so by everyone for now

pinsleepe
Outgoing. Sometimes to outgoing no expression

lil bitchiness
Im not shy, no. I can talk to people, im very a people person. There are many people who are just jackasses because they think its cool, but i guess its just the way it is in the world.

I used to be really bothered what people said about my piercings and how it offended them...now im not bothered as such, if you dont like it, dont look at me, simple as.

As for outgoing, i dont know, i guess i am. Im quite easy to spot in the crowd of people.

Lord Ryugen
I'm very shy around people. Usually it's so bad you can forget I'm in the same room. It's gotten better over the years but I still don't talk to people much if I don't have. I also suffer from terrible stage fright, if i have to talk to a large group of people I actually tremble. Although among my friends I become the opposite, I'm very upfront and have no trouble talking about things that embarriss people. Which has unfortunatly earned me the nickname of 'Smut King' not because I watch or collected but because I can have a two hour conversation about it without blushing.

Silver Stardust
(hugs back)

No need to tell me that...I HATE being so shy. It's very hard to make friends when the very thought of approaching someone I don't know simply causes me to freeze up. At school I'm always the quiet one who keeps to herself...I hardly even talk to half of my friends!

Alice_In_Chains
shy or outgoing..

hmm well im shy at first.
thn my big mouth takes hold and im outgoing....and sarcastic.....its my gift. stick out tongue

naybean
I'm the same. i'm so bad with groups of people - i go out of my way to not be the centre of attention. i hate being the centre of attention.

However, once I have had a few drinks its a completely different story....

Evy_O
I'm outgoing and very social, I have no problem talking to people I don't know smile

besides, the more awkward you seem to feel when amongst strangers, the less possibilities you have in order for them to talk to you yes so I just start talking (I talk a lot too embarrasment) it's easy really

§pearhead
eh, depends, I can be fairly friendly, but I'm not all that talkative, I usually just let the other person blab on yes there's plenty of people willing to do that

silver_tears
Im totally open and outgoing droolio
I love public speaking and going new places love

BackFire
100% accurate. Never really cared what people thought of me, as if that's not overly obviously from the way I act on this forum. I act pretty much the same way in real life.

Kaleanae
Same here

vaya_the_elf
I'm very shy. Don't know why. Usually I have to get to know people before I start talking to them, otherwise they have to try to get me to.

Arachnoidfreak
Well said Mr. Zero.

Silver Stardust
I try to act like I don't care what people think about me, but it really bothers me a lot. It's really hard for me, I have pretty low self-esteem and not that much confidence in myself (although that has gone up a LOT in the past few months...which mostly is thanks to Ush always being so sweet to me).

Jedi Priestess
<----------------super shy

mc pee pants
i'm so painfully shy... that's why i drink more.

steely balls
i lean towards more shy but yeah i'm mixed but i don't like the word shy to much, i get quiet more or less

Nazgulinthedark
im shy when im around people im meeting for the first time, but after a couple weeks of getting to know them, ill be my normal crazy self. but im not shy about much else, i mean like i woulndt be scare to jump outta a airplane, id just need constant reassurance thats it 100% safe

Silver Stardust
It takes me a while to get to be my normal crazy self around people...and even so there's very few people I'm comfortable being like that with messed

Flavio
very shy around people i dont know intimally...but, among friends, i'm one of the craziest...but being shy has its good points sometimes, years ago, lots of the most beautiful outgoing girls at school would start convos with me, i think most of them have a kinda "enchantment"(sp?) with shy guys stick out tongue though being too shy brings lots of problems...

§H@Ñ€
I'm really shy in school, and kinda half-half shy at work... but when i am jsut with friends i am really out going. i'm often acused of being on or doing somethign before i go to a party big grin

PippinTook
I'm usually pretty outgoing, especially around my friends...When I'm meeting someone new, I'm pretty outgoing around them, too...unless (this may sound corny) they give out a bad "vibe" or whatever...Eh, you know what I'm talking about...But usually, I just walk up to a random person, poke them (that's my thing...I don't say hi, I poke...don't ask haha), and start talking to them...I made a bunch of my close friends that way. The only problem with that is that I sometimes forget to say "Hi, my name is ____" and they never find out my name. laughing out loud For example, two of my friends who I met at the beginning of this year (by poking and talking) just found out my name last week. laughing Sad, I know. That's the same reason why I usually don't know anyone's name, either, though. What the f**k?

*CaRaMeL*GrL*
I am very much the same...people are always putting me down so i have a very low self esteem and pretty much no self confidence...

Xena
I would consider my self to be shy at times. other times Im not a very shy person....
on an average im just occasionaly shy. Not too timid of course....

§â®äµ
im a very shy person... in some situations i come be outgoing though...

Linkalicious
I'm kind of both. I'm very willing to look someone in the eye, smile, and try to get a response out of them. I'll open doors, say thanks, all the "polite" things to do that would get me a response...and I make friends quite easily.

But I'm shy when it comes to approaching random girls at bars and stuff. embarrasment Kind of a good thing now, since i have a girlfriend, but when i was single....it sucked.

Delicious1
I'm not shy, i'm more Anti-social. Im not afraid to go meet new people. But i don't want to.

Chris87
I am shy around girls which I like or have a crush on. Though most don't tell. Around anyone else I don't care I'll be myself regardless of conseqeunces. But as I said around girls I like I don't know how to act and am capable of doing anything.

vaya_the_elf
I have that problem with boys sometimes.

Maverick2364
Same here buddy sad

mikeysgothicgur
It really depends, when I'm with my friends I'm outgoing and crazy as all hell, but when I'm around people I don't know or who hate me I'm really shy. To answer your question though, I'm more outgoing then shy.

Ms Hyde
Outgoing though shy in certain situations beer

powerfulone1987
I am very shy, I have Social Phobia/Anxiety. So I am a Sociophobe. I was on medicine for it, but in my opinion, it didn't help me at all. That same pill that I was taking for anxiety, I was also taking it for depression, so yeah, I have it bad. I also have Crohn's Disease, which also gives me stomachs pains when it is active and those stomach pains are similar to the stomach pains i get from symptoms related to my Social Phobia/Anxiety.

ClaraG
mostly outgoing, i'm only shy around people i feel intimidated by

ladygrim
i am a bit of both ... shy insome areas but when i go out wit pals i tend to be a fruitloop

Yesterdays Gone
I'm both...I'm shy around people I don't know as well...but as soon as i get to know them, im pretty outgoing. people who know me best say i'm crazy but most other people say im soft spoken...i guess it depends on who you are

Chelsea23
I'm the same way. I won't talk to a person unless if I know them, then it takes a while for people to get to know me

trouble
im mixed

matchbox
i am outgoing around my mates who i like, and people who i dont care about there opionon of me.

But i am shy around girls i like. I am fine with the been friends thing, but beyond that i am quite shy. I dont want to make an ass of myself!

CherryPie
I'm very outgoing...around my friends and family, I get really shy if like a really hot guy is around and if he starts talking, I'ma flirt wink

SlipknoT
I'm very outgoing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.