The Crow....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alice_In_Chains
many ppl i know have seen "The Crow", and thts the original with Brandon Lee, and have said its rubbish, and is only so popular becuz of the Death of Brandon lee during filming.

i was just wondering wat other ppls veiws were on the film...

Mr Zero
Amazing - nobody has opened a Crow thread before. Nice call Alice.

I was a huge fan of the original Crow comic book so KNEW that they were going to screw this film up. Then when Brandon died and I heard that they had to film round him and use a double for some scenes I KNEW it was going to suck even harder.

Despite the fact that they changed it from a "simple" morality tale featuring a dead guy to a much more spooky/magic plot I have to give it up - the film was dynamite. Brandon Lee may not have been the best actor the world ever saw, but he loved that part and it shows. His death gives the film a morbid mystique and made him an icon: but that doesn't change the apart from, and not dependant on, all that fact that the film is a great little movie.

The sequels however are cowflop.

Alice_In_Chains
im a fan of the film.
Brandon Lee did really love the part and as u said it really does show he gave the role everything he had.
the stroryline is good and at the time pretty original.
but i feel the tragedy surrounding the film shadows the actors and the film itself.

Mr Zero
Yep: What i was trying to say in my last mangled sentence was the film is great apart from all the real-life tragedy and is not dependant on it.

It came out wrong - i think i had a brain-fart.

Alice_In_Chains
well ok it kinda came out ok i reckonerm

deadly_force
im a fan of the film although i cant remember much of it messed as i havent seen it for years

Lord Soth
I beg to differ

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14063&highlight=crow

It's about the plans for a 3rd sequel to be made

Alice_In_Chains
yeah but not one about the original...

cuz all the sequels suck becuz u just cant beat Brandon Lee

TheFilmProphet
I agree.

TheFilmProphet
Lol and also who wants to see a Crow film with Edward Furlong? stick out tongue

pr1983
*shudders at the thought and then vomits* first one was a classic, second was so bad, i dont even wanna think about the third one

TheFilmProphet
Same here.

eggmayo
i actually opened a crow thread in the horror section... if you just search its probably there

eggmayo
but yeah... the crow rocks - its like my favourite film ever

TheFilmProphet
I think a Crow thread can be opened in alot of forums considering the material. For example: Comic Book Movies forum, Horror forum, and Movie forum.

Alice_In_Chains
yeah i guess it can b put in alot of forums

i just figured to put it here

eggmayo
yeah... anyway... can we talk about the crow now?

Alice_In_Chains
hehe go ahead

VenomVA
Great Movie!! I loved it, saw it like 5 times in the theater

Arachnoidfreak
The second one actually wasn't so bad, but compared to the first it was crap. The third should not be spoken of, ever. What the **** where they thinking...

I have some hopes for this next one coming out, but I don't expect much from it, as it will be compared to the original...which can't be beaten.

Alice_In_Chains
amen to tht my friend

TheFilmProphet
There are two words that just haunt me about Crow 3........Edward Furlong!!! http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/sadwalk.gif

Alice_In_Chains
ahaha

eggmayo
i havent seen either two or three, and i wont... you should not try to folluw up on the crow... it left behind a cloud of mystique so large you could lose new york in it

Alice_In_Chains
^ so true
i havent seen 2 or 3 and i dnt want to cuz it will spoil everything

Arachnoidfreak
Nah, City of Angels was actually pretty good. It only seems crappy because...well...it's compared to the original. Salvation is almost unwatchable, even if it was not a Crow title, and was never compared to the original, it would still blow chunks of ass and paper. Unlike City of Angels which, as stated, is pretty good when you don't compare it to the original Crow.

Alice_In_Chains
hmm i may have to check tht 1 out...but i just dnt want it to ruin the feel of the first

SaTsuJiN
first crow is great.. I didnt bother with the sequels..

Lord Soth
Yeah......inappropriate and worthy of reporting....

leowyatt
i saw the first and second not the third, the first ruled

Lord Soth
Have'nt seen any of them, I'm afraid....

eggmayo
rent the original crow
in fact, dont rent it, buy it on dvd

MildPossession
I actually think Edward Furlong will do a decent job at the lead for the fourth film Wicked Prayer. He is a good actor when concentrating.

Now David Borenz(sp?) is the one who will probably spoil it.

Loved the first film also, didn't think much of two and three though.

Wolfie
I absolutely loved this movie. I saw a couple scenes on TV and went directly out to buy it. I love it and Brandon Lee was such a great actor.

I'm not gonna bother with the sequels. They sound bad.

Ignite
the crow is the greatest!
everythink after that was stupid.

ericadurancefan
the crow simply rocked,the best part is when he is sitting on the windowsill playing his guitar,it didnt get much better than that

Wolfie
My favorite part was in the pawn shop when he was reciting The Raven. That was awesome!

RZA
That's hogwash, I don't know what the hell they're talking about, this film rock hard. One of the best cinematic adaptations of a comic series. Director Alex Proyas did a great job of setting a very dark, haunting and brooding tone throughout this movie which is mostly centered around sadistic revenge. So much so, that if I remember correctly this movie came out during Halloween. The action was real and in your face holding nothing back. I remember really feeling for Draven as a character and the fact that Brandon Lee died during the making of this film added to the remorse. You really feel for him because you feel like he was on his way to becoming the next big action star but unfortunately he'd succumb to his father's curse or at least that's what some believe and shared in his fate. I also thought Michael Wincott played a great villain in this movie.

The sequels are all garbage, and I think it was a disrespect to Lee that they continued, it should've been left as one film, but there goes greedy hollywood for ya? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Aini
the crow is my favorite movie. I love it!
...never seen the other parts. never wanted, cause I'm pretty sure they are bullshit.

Lyra Rose
the crow is a great film and the original is the best

RZA
My favorite scene took place in the pawn shop where he loaded the shotgun with more than just bullets and stuffed a whole bunch of rings inside too, so when he shot, all those rings came out of the gun as well. That was cool

Eh...that being said, it worked in the movie but in real life he prob would've shot his hand off. stick out tongue

Wolfie
I had no idea he died until after I saw it and loved it. I remember after I watched it, I was talking with a friend, "Why didn't they get Brandon Lee back? He would've made the sequels much better."

Punk Tiger
I have never seen it, I only saw a clip of it on Bruce Lee's biography (which I taped) and he was shot with a real bullet instead of a fake one....

T.M
i love the Crow not many people i know have seen it for some reason.

and Punk Tiger yeah he was suppost to get shot with a fake bullet. But someone obviously wanted him dead messed

Punk Tiger
I'm not sure how it happened, I mean, how can it get mixed up like that?! A fake bullet was supposed to be in there not a real one!

T.M
like i said someone obviously wanted him dead

Fearnix
The Crow is a beautyful film yes

Alex Proyas did an amazing job of bringing the comic to life.
Also Brandon was a perfect choice for Eric rock

gentmax
It is definately one of my favorite films all time. The flashbacks to Eric and Shelly being happy, all of the great quotes that actually have more meaning that say "Hasta la vista...".

"Abashed the Devil stood and felt how awful goodness is."

"Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!"

"Our friend T-bird won't me joining us this evening on account of a slight case of death."

I bought the DVD as soon as I got a DVD Player.

Wolfie
"It can't rain all the time."

Best quote ever!

pr1983
they do use live ammunition in movies for some sequences... some idiot just forgot to load the guns properly...

the movie as good as it is was so badly constructed (as in the shoot itself) that accidents were bouond to happen...

Punk Tiger
Only quote I heard (from a clip on Bruce's biography) was when Brandon was with this girl in a graveyard saying (I only remember a bit of the quotes):
"It's getting late."
"You said you would come back."

I dunno something like that... I forgot

Wolfie
I saw The Crow: City of Angels yesterday. Boy was that terrible! The makeup was bad, the acting was bad, the whole ending was bad (though they were some nice effects with all the crows). And how they made a crow shape out of everything (blood, flower pedals).

Awful.

Kelly_Bean
I've been looking for the Crow comic but I doubt I'll ever find it unless I want to order it from the internet .

As far as the movie I really, really enjoyed it but I must say they script at times was very questionable.
"Sh*t on me. SH*T ON MEEEE!"

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I've been looking for the Crow comic but I doubt I'll ever find it unless I want to order it from the internet .

As far as the movie I really, really enjoyed it but I must say they script at times was very questionable.
"Sh*t on me. SH*T ON MEEEE!"

Just check your local bookstores. It is not hard to find. If you have a borders or barnes and noble and they do not have it they will be able to order it for you. Or if you have a comic shop you will definitely be able to find it there. There are several different comics so, make sure you get the first. The TPB usually run about $15.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Raoul
they do use live ammunition in movies for some sequences

Really? I've never heard that. I know that blanks are always handled with the upmost caution, checked, doubled checked and re-checked. Most prop guns can't even fire live ammunition. It wasn't a case of confusing live ammunition with dummy rounds that killed Lee. There was a live round already in the chamber and when the dummy round fired off it's combustion caused the live round to fire off with a lot of velocity. There have been cases where faulty blanks have been involved in misfire, hurting either the person firing the gun or the person being fired at but to be shot with a live round on set is extremely rare and has only been documented a few times. Lee is the only person to ever have been killed by a live round during movie production.

SnakeEyes
Watched "The Crow" for the first time recently and I must say, this movie was extremely shitty. I'd heard many good things about it, so I had somewhat high expectations, but... this movie was really bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.