.....cant think of title.....if you are going to think im having a go at you, dont op

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
*taps mike*

can you hear me??

hey guys smile its meeee

well i just wanted to say a few things

The Forum

kit man, you done a great job! this isnt aimed at the state of the forum lik the official threads,

its about.....well......what the threads are about......the oscars...academy awards......the actors personal lives....pictures of the actors looking hot

why has lotr forum turned into a glamour forum......dont get me wrong i enjoy talking about the films......but quite frankly i dont care how many awards it got....i love it...you, my friends, love it its a masterpiece....so why should we be bothered over how many awards it won...does that make the film any better??

the actors......this forums is to talk about the films/books/tolkien not what 'billy eats for tea' or what 'viggo liks to listen too' i would much rather talk about 'boromirs battles...state of mind' 'was their signs of the fellowship breaking even before they left rivendell'

lastly why is it ONLY about the films......have the books of lotr been forgotten...along with the hobbit. which i havent seen a thread for in FOREVER!....well i have but they are all whenes the movie coming out' why not talk about the book! the silmarillion we could talk about this book for many a long age of the earth....but no apaprently all that is worthy are the lotr trilogy films........

remember- im NOT saying anything bad about any of you*

*two cents*

Exa
*agrees totally with sauron*

I also think there are far too many similar threads now... especially about the actors. It's getting rather boring never to hear anything new in them... and loads of stupid rumours about the actors where Im sure they wouldnt want that.

And, how many oscar threads are out there at the moment? Loads. Do the oscars really change anything? Dont think so... (dont really like oscars, I think their decisions are sometimes of a veeeery financial and commercial type... )

shadowy_blue
I'm actually quite disappointed that hardly anyone is talking about the books anymore. wink That's why sometimes I'm doing my best to come up with interesting new threads that talk about the events in the book but I'm afraid those threads die so fast. sad

About the awards, I don't really mind them. smile I'm very glad that the movies got what they deserve and I can honestly say that I also care about them and I'm very much ecstatic when they won. big grin However, there are too many awards thread.

I understand you with your other sentiments. smile I'm kinda disappointed with those too. But we can't really do anything about it. As long as there's a member in this forum who is a Viggo or Orlando or Billy, etc. fan, we can't stop those threads.

2 and a half cents. smile

Discos
erm, I sort of get your point sauron, however I do much like dicussing about the oscars but seeing as that is over....

ah, another awesome point, I would very much like to move onto the books as well, I much like discussing the silmarillion at the moment with some peeps from school.....

although on this forum I would say more than half of the people have read the books, this would still leave 40% of people who have only seen the films ie the "orlando is a babe" folk

Discos - steals saurons 2 cents and is 2 cents richer...ha

Vegeta13
yeah i agree, erm whatever you people said

sauron
hey *phones police*

mr dics is here heres mobbing and rioting stick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue

Discos
Mr Dics?, i prefer Discs, Discos, or Big Papa "D"....

Discos - lol, yet to make it worse I punched a guy in PE class for holding a carry on

sauron
big papa D

stick out tongue hey i was in snowball fight today...and i 'accidentaly' hit the hardest guy in our school in the face.......confused wonder how long i have to live stick out tonguestick out tongue

Camellia
I agree with you but these threads (although bloody annoying) are to be expected. After all, this is a FILM threadstick out tongue

But yes, it's a shame that nobody talks about the books anymore.

aniron
start some book threads then lol.

sauron
i do! but they die because they get assualted by a legion of fan threads

Ushgarak
Yes, the reason the films get more attention than the books is that this is a movies board, not a hardcore Tolkien haven. Things like the Silmarillion are of very little interest to the majority of fans.

I want to make this perfectly clear- I will not tolerate elitism in these areas. The idea has been spreading that only a fan who has read everything Tolkien wrote is a true fan, and those who have only seen the films are lesser beings. That might not be literal but that IS the mood of things, and is especially how it can seem to a new poster.

Cut that out- and appreciate that the popular vote of what is wanting to be discussed overrides any of your personal preferences.

sauron
they arent MY personal preferences....they are from quite alot of people here

what you think i didnt do a bit reasearch course i did...i knw if i just MY opinion alone up you would say 'oh look another sauon thread to close' as closing my threads or proving me wrong appears to have become a hobby for you

and did i state ANYWHERE that only someone who has read all tolkiens books is a true fan...no...please dont put words into my mouth

Ushgarak
Read what I say. That is the general impression you- and other- people are giving.

And your idea that other people want what you want as well is patently silly. You are complaining that there are too many threads of the kind you do not like. PLAINLY, then, these threads are MORE popular with people than the ones you like, else there would not be so many for you to complain about! This is how the forums work. You have no right to dictate content; if you do not like it, go elsewhere.

Please engage your brain before you type.

aniron
it's so annyoi g when the threads you fell strong about die away. grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

aniron
*annoying

Ushgarak
Yes it is, but that is how forums work- the more popular threads stay. If you want to go build your own forums that cater for more rarified Tolkien tastes, please do so. But this place is open to the public in general- and that means a lot of casual fans.

sauron
engage my brain before i type...ok was there need for cheek?

hmm well look this is a lotr thread to alk about the movies and books....not about the actors personaly lives...there IS a celebrity forum.....so as far as i can see...asking not to have them here isnt wrong at all

Ushgarak
Oh, sure, we can move out anything even vaguely non-film and book related if you want. That includes the Tig party, of course.

We give you guys a lot of leeway. But it has been decided that talking about the actor's roles in the films, or fandom based upon that particular role in the film, belong in the franchise sections. That applies equally to all areas. If they stray into other areas we move them. But what I see are threads dedicated to people's roles in this series of films.

sauron
oh so you see the titles do you yes never occured to you to actually read past the first page....when it spirasls down into the billys hot doms sexy i love orli viggos cool etc etc etc

Ushgarak
If I thought it was fandom based on their roles in other films I would move them. But they are not.

This is the correct place for those fan threads.

samIam
ok..... yeah I agree we need a hobbit thread!! I LOVE the hobbit!!!! ihaven't read the simerilian ..my mom wont let me till summer cuz ... oh never mind...
but i have learned alot from u guys and other random things i find ...

aniron
SAURON, CHANGE YOUR AVATER BACK TO BOROMIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ushgarak
Yes, why not open a Hobbit thread?

I mean, complaint about thread content is not unique to the LOTR area. Our response is always the same- open more decent threads yourselves! If they are popular they will stay. If they are not... they deserve to fail.

sauron
hm ok lets look at the movie thread main index

Forum Posts Last Post
The Matrix Movies
The place to talk about all three Matrix movies.

Lord of the Rings
Forged for fans to talk about the Tolkien Trilogy

Harry Potter
For muggles and wizards to conjure up talk about the books and movies.

Pirates of the Caribbean
Talk about the Pirate movie and it's upcoming sequels.

James Bond Series
Talk about past and upcoming James Bond movies

Kill Bill & Quentin Tarantino Movies
Talk about Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill and all his other movies.

Horror Movies
Talk about past and upcoming Horror movies.

to talk about the trilogy.....the actors personal lives and the actors looks...i feel do NOT fall into that category

aniron
how?

Ushgarak
Well, your opinion is noted, and incorrect. I just told you the policy. As far as we are concerned, fan threads based on the actor's roles in the films comes under the umbrella of talking about the Tolkien trilogy- probably more than a Hobbit thread would! It is a policy that applies everywhere, also with the Keanu Reeves/Carrie Ann Moss threads in the Matrix area and Natalie Porman/Hayden Christensen ones in Star Wars, all of which dominated those areas at various times.

You disagree. Sorry- but that makes no difference.

Ushgarak
How? People start up forums all the time, including many posters from here.

sauron
makes no difference....your one of those people who think single peoples opinions dont matter are you?

well i think if you look since i opened this...alot of threads have re-appeared from the third page onto the first yes so it must have SOME influence

have listened to your opinion (and in your own, kind of ignorant i must say, words) sorry but it makes no difference

Ushgarak
Except that I am a mod, we make policy for these boards, not you, these threads are popular, and I believe it would be elitist and arrogant to remove them just because a smaller number of posters do not like them.

So what I say, makes a difference, because those are the rules and policy of this board.

Now, is that totally clear, or do I have to take this a step further? You have been told the policy- now live with that. End of discussion.

aniron
lol thanx ush, but um, how? lol

Iirima
@Aniron, if you make a website, there's usually a freature in which you can make a forum. Or u can search on Google on something for forums...smile

Ushgarak
Check out somewhere like ezboards, aniron- they will fill you in on how to get it all together.

But I very much doubt it is necessary. There is plenty of room for all tastes on these boards- and if you care enough for a thread, I am sure you will be bothered to look for it on the second or third page if necessary.

sauron
EDITED

Exa
There are numerous forum providers found online - some better, some rather strange, some that cost money, some free ones.
Chosing a provider also depends on what type of forums yours should be, what people you want to come there and so on.

aniron
so u mean I could make a forum, as in, oh wait, I think I'm getting my wires crossed, I thought you ment add to this forum not make a whol;e forum web page - damn had so many ideas- sleepy hollow, Labrynth lol

sauron
excuse me...may i ask WHY that was edited??

Ushgarak
Because I said things were over, and you tried to carry them on.

You have been PMed a warning. This thread serves no useful purpose. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.