Ichi the Killer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StefMan
Anyone here seen that movie? it kicks so much ass...just wanted to say that evil face

eleveninches
I t is so cool. The part at the end where the guy's jaw drops open and you can see all inside his mouth sick

eleveninches
There are loads of sick scenes in it.

Check out the trailer at:
http://www.ichithekiller.net/

Dario Argento
It is a great movie by one of the most interesting directors right now. You should check out one of his other movies called Audition.

eleveninches
Ive seen parts of auditiion. it was onn the TV a few months ago, but i was only partially watching it. It was cool though. I have Ichi on DVD and that is one CRAZY movie! big grin

@F1
Audition is really good, disturbing, i'll check this one out.

WindDancer
This movie is just so good!!!!! Gosh! I enjoyed it! There are times the movie slows down a little. But that shouldn't discourage anyone from watching it. There is only one disturbing scene in this movie. When Itchi splits the child's head with his blade shoe during the last minutes of the film

Itchi the Killer and Ricky Oh-The Story of Ricky are two of the best bloodiest Asian films ever! Great gore Entertainment!

eleveninches
What! I saw it and thought there were loads of disturbing scenes in it.

WindDancer
Not really, most of the people getting kill are either murderers of criminals. The torture scene wasn't very distubing since it was apply to a criminal. If there were innocent ppl gettin kill I'll prolly would have founded it disturbing.

Cinemaddiction
Surprised "Versus" wasn't mentioned in here yet.

eleveninches
Even though most of the people who got killed were criminals, the way that they are killed is pretty disturbing.

1. A guy gets his organs spattered all over a room
2.a guy gets spiced in half down the middle
3. somebody gets the front half of their face choped off.
4. The guy with the wierd mouth cuts off his own tongue
5. the same guy opens his mouth really wide and swallows the fist of somebody who tried to hit him.
6. The same guy's jaw drops open at the end of the film.
7. the torture scene, with boiling hot water, and spikes piercing the victims face all over.

There are more, but that's all i can think of for now.

BackFire
I thought Ichi was over rated. Thought it was real boring with some good gore scenes.

Audition on the other hand, amazing film.

Cinemaddiction
You guys are spoiling the film, believe it or not, I have yet to see it.

eleveninches
big grin sorry

BENDER_17
i think the movie was a little bit sick but at the same moment very fascinating and thrilling.
very bloody but still good.
kakahashi was awesome so was ichi
a little problem was the computer effects (blood ...)
but the handmade stuff was great.
the splatter effects where very bizzare (so you where able to see that
the script was from a manga)

very cool very thrilling and great played movie
i give it 9 out of 10 ( the coputer blood was wierd)
but there was great "real" bood too.
rent it enjoy buy it smile

<<Solo>>
Maybe,I'll check this out.

BackFire
Over rated, don't bother. Has some cool gore scenes, but is ultimately unsatisfying.

WindDancer
Real Good movie based on the Manga call Koroshiya (Ichi). I love most of Takashi Miike movies simply because the guy does create bizzare yet attracting scenes. Not as gory as some ppl say it is, but is still fun to watch. Now if you think the ending of Ichi was weird.....just watch Dead or Alive. Hugely unexpected finale! Miike is defenetly the Tarantino of Japan. Props to him! thumb up

BackFire
Audition is infinitely better. Ichi relied soley on visuals and had a weak and generic storyline that literally put me to sleep.

MildPossession
Not my favourite film by the film maker but worth the watch at least once, also just checked out the anime film version, quite decent, check that out if you enjoyed the film.

Agree with you there BackFire, Audition was just perfect.

tabby999
yeah, Backfires right, not an amazing film, but not a entriely rotten one either. while much of it did rely on shock, the story came across disjointed and while some of the gore was top rate, it lacked left right and center. worth a rent, not worth a buy

BadKitty
just watched and all I could say when it was over is "thats one screwed up flick!" .some of the gore was great and some of the torture scenes were jaw dropping ...he has a very artistic eye cause some of shots were unique and cool.

but the down side to ichi the killer is the story line was uninteresting and way to all over the place as tabby said it was disjointed and left me wanting to fast forward through it. worth a watch though.

eleveninches
i got it on DVD, and its one kick ass movie

Cinemaddiction
Hated it and "Audition".

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

Jackie Malfoy
LOL!That is a funny name for a movie!So what is it about and what is it rated?JM

Cinemaddiction
Jackie, I suggest using IMDB. You may want to research some of these movies you have questions about because I see TOO MANY threads where you post in there, having no clue. It's a great reference tool.

Johnlindsey289
Great movie, i definitely have the unrated cut on DVD! that nipple torture scene was preety much difficult to watch and was very remenscene of the Nipple slicing with razor scene from Lucio Fulci's sleazy cult classic " The New York Ripper".

The movie does have great gory moments and it felt like a live-action anime brought to life, for those who loved Ichi should watch these similar movies:

" Riki-Oh The Story of Ricky".
" Battle Royale".
" Re-Animator".
" The New York Ripper".
" House on the Edge of the Park".
" Last House on The Left".
" Maniac ( 1980)".
" Driller Killer".
" Batman ( 1989)".
" Daredevil".
" Kill Bill Vol. 1".
" Audition".
" Visitor Q".
" Ichi 0". ( An anime prequel)
" Pieces".
" Versus".
" Freddy Vs. Jason".
" Caligula".

Enjoy!

Myth
Batman and Daredevil? Those were the furthest from my mind after seeing Ichi.

Cinemaddiction
Those sound like Netflix recommendations to moi...

Jarshewa
ichi was fun
audition was heavy
whats "visitor q" like ?

thegreatrudini
a couple other good screwed up Mike films are vital, a snake of june and gozu

thegreatrudini
actualy i was wrong vital and a snake of june wer directed by Shinya Tsukamoto whos from itchi the killer

jaden101
Originally posted by C-Dic
Surprised "Versus" wasn't mentioned in here yet.

laughing ...yeah...versus is pure comedy...love that film

papabeard
MPD-Psycho is a TV series directed by Miike, its twisted genius. You can buy it on DVD.

C-Dic
I thought it was edited for television? Static over the gore, etc.

MildPossession
Urgh, I was utterly bored with that series.

papabeard

Deano
average film. tons of gore. nothin more

Depprived
^ Nah, it's an awesome film but then I love Miike. A twisted genius is what he is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.