How old were you when you started drinking alcohol?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
I was Fourteen. It was only a couple of weeks ago! eek!

silver_tears
Wow you're cool stick out tongue
And I'm still "underage" whistle

Baylin
12 - but now I'm well over age... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Started out at home parties with beer cheap wine and awful homemade wine at the age of 13.

Sieg Wahrheit
About 18 years old... too standard... Im drinking whiskey right now...
Im pretty depressed.

Peeves-04
Brandys better

Baylin
Nothing like a nice peaty single malt scotch!

yerssot
*waits for people to come in and say something of about the age of 10* roll eyes (sarcastic)

figo obsessed
13 but it was a start like one beer.. I remember that I was very proud of myself embarrasment

Jedi Priestess

Peeves-04
16 and im 16 now

naybean
My parents gave me alcohol for the 1st time when i was bout 6, but I wasnt allowed my own full pint until i was bout 11.

deadly_force
yeah my father gave me a glass of whiskey when i was bout 8/9 to try and make me never drink lol but i started drinking on my own when i was bout 14/15

Turbo-Cajun
16...and i have had my share of homemade liquor but, the stuff i had was fairly decent. By decent i mean it tasted like ass but got me all f ucked up. My drink of choice is old english malt liquor.

Silver Stardust
I've never started drinking, and don't plan on ever doing so either.

Capt_Fantastic
I think I was 16 the first time I drank alcohol. But I didn't start drinking to get drunk until I was 21. I lived in New York City and spent many a night, including my 21st birthday puking in central park.

Clovie
you mean as try or as get drunk?
i've first tried it when i was about 8 messed
drinking on my own about 15 messed
first drunk this summer embarrasment

botankus
Man, you guys are young. Anyway, I tried it (to an excess) when I was 12, then didn't try it again until I was 17. Maybe it was the excessive amount when I was 12 that turned me off during those years.

Baylin
When I say 12 that was when I first got proper drunk, I was drinking cider and made myself quite ill (Infact I've never drunk cider since, even the smell turns my stomach)

Aqua
this thread = shock

ElectricBugaloo
I'm 19 and still have never drank alcohol

ladygrim
i was aloud lil glasses of wine as treat once in a while when i was 11 / 12 but then 13/14 i went to more parties where people managed to smuggle drink in... i used to get ratarsed all the time but now i dont really like alchol...

lucija
I started drinking alcohol in 16. now I'm 19 and I like red wine, tequila and icy vodka happy

Linkalicious
15. My parents took me to a wedding and got me trashed.

I've been drinking since, and I have no complaints about my life. My life is great, and it's all thanks to alcohol.

Now if you don't mind, I've got to take the bus to AA because I lost my license. embarrasment

(just kidding)

Devalion

TotalCarnage
i dont drink cuz im a cool kat

Devalion
^Good for you! smile

WindDancer
In between 16 and 17.

BackFire
I'm 21, and I don't drink. I've tasted beer a few times, never much liked the taste, so never drank it.

Vampy
miffed my dad gave me beer when i was just a baby. I can't even remember it

plus my mom drank vodka when she was preggers with me... still wondering why i am the way that i am?

Jedi Priestess
that would be because beer is just nasty......try something else...

shaber
I DON'T ******* drink alcohol! mad

naybean
first time i got hammered i was bout 13/14 and now, 5 yrs on, i get hammered bout 1-2 times a month. but ive only puked 2ce

naybean
Uve been trying the wrong beer!

silvabullet
Let's see, I've only had beer when I was 15 or 16, didn't like it too much. Now, though, my cousin is a certified bar tender, so I get all the nice drinks. I like Vodka a lot, and usually drink Bud Light, socially. It's a family thing for me.

Samurai Guy

pinsleepe
I'm 15 now. It was some time ago. About 2 years.

Merry Lover
I started a few months ago, and I'm 16. I don't drink regularly, though.

vaya_the_elf
Never have. Don't think I ever will.

vaya_the_elf
Me to smile

Royal Knight
last time i had a drink was when i was 18

now i am 19 and haven't had a drink in awhile

Kaleanae
My first time I drank something with alcohol was when I was 10. It was in those times where I was being obligated to go to Mass (Catholic Mass) so I did my first communion and the priest gave wine... I feel like my throat was burning.

Corran
I don't drink, I don't agree with it and never will, honest.

mc pee pants
15... my dad handed me my first beer.

Nazgulinthedark
i dont drink big grin but my mom has given me champane before...but just a little and shes lets me drink from her margaritas sometimes

Nazgulinthedark
that doesnt count roll eyes (sarcastic)

sonofasaiyan
I was 17 when I really DRANK an alcoholic beverage.

Gregory
I don't drink ... not so much because I'm a moral person as because I don't like the taste of alcohol.

BackFire
Nah, I've tried other alcoholic beverages, alcohol just adds a bitter taste to any drink. Not appealing at all, and too expensive. I really don't see the point of drinking at all.

Nazgulinthedark
because its bubbly droolio i like bubbles

pr1983
15, but now i dont, which is odd bein irish n all

BackFire
Ever heard of soda? Also bubbly but doesn't taste like month old water.

Nazgulinthedark
but people in south dakota call soda 'pop' and that gets on my nerves sad

BackFire
That's when a swift kick to the face would come in handy.

Agent Elrond
Not a drop til 21, that 4 yrs from now.

Nazgulinthedark
yes

mc pee pants
hysterical2

Nazgulinthedark
no expression was it that funny?

KidRock
15.. GOOD STUFF

Silver Stardust
Same here, I can't stand the taste of anything alcoholic, it's really nasty. Plus I have personal reasons to not drink, it's more than just I don't like it. I don't even have champagne at New Year's or anything.

Kaleanae
stick out tongue

m!$hA
apart from wine and beer stick out tongue
the first time i had alcahol was maybe when i was 13? i cant remember, i dont even know if it really counts because it was only half a bottle of my sisters archers droolio
but the first time i got "pissed" was at my sisters 18th birthday party, this year (when im 14) in may!

badsymbiote
I think I was 17. When I was 19, I had older friends and a fake I.D. By the time I actually turned 21, I was burnt out on the bar scene, and 10 years later, I probably average less than a beer a week.

BlackC@t
My friends made me skull whisky, horrible stuff! sick
I also got too drunk to walk and then vomited all over my friends carpet.

spidergrl
ummm blackc@t you didn't happen to meantion this to me about you and chris ???

Pandemoniac
I had my first beer on a boyscout camp, at the age of 13, and since then I can really appreciate a nice cold one on a weekend evening. Guess my scout-group is not like the average image most Americans have of that (not saying the guides approve of such behavior, but we after all still are named The Vikings, hehehe).
My parents passed me a beer sometimes at the age of 14. But they also warned me of the dangers of alcohol, advice I sort of neglected in the familiar pubertal way. Now I'm 26 and I must say their advice was very wise. I got to get to know my borders rather quick and did not take to much alcohol often at all, but I have been very messed up by it at some occasions, even leading to rather destructive results. Therefor I, as my parents did, I wish to advise anybody to be careful with alcohol, especially if you don't have experience with it. It can make you feel like god, but can also turn you into Satan. Be sure to be yourself and if you get to feel like someone else as you drink, stop and go home.
I had my hard-party years, but now I rather be the 'in control guy' which pays off way better, and avoids those 'what the f*ck did I do last night?' moments to your self as you plunge out of bed at Sunday afternoon.
And if you drink on nights out, stay away from the hard liquor, it's not only expensive but freaks you out very fast as well.

SlipknoT

Mr. Wiggles
i started at 5, my dad said it was apple juice

spidergrl
umm lol ok then. i started when i was little, don't really remember when. started having osme of dads and then started off with my mates

BlackC@t
Yeah, I'm sure you did honey roll eyes (sarcastic)

m!$hA
i have to say that i absolutely HATE burban and coke!

i had the best day today! it was my dad's 50th, so we went down to the tennis courts to play some tennis and it was the perfect weather, it was really sunny, but there was a nice breeze so you didnt get too hot!
then we came home to my mum's perfect cooking droolio and i got a little tipsy off two glasses of baileys and milk, and one glass of champaigne droolio
overall it was a great day happy

cauteriZed
i was a little past tipsy last night and now im not feeling so grand.i really dont drink often though so at least i dont end up feeling like this every sunday morning.

m!$hA
i forgot to add that there were strawberries in my champaigne droolio

§pearhead
14...but I really don't do it all that often now

m!$hA
jeremy eek! hug

naybean
the exact same thing happened to me with cheap scottish whiskey (and a few other drinks). it was really embaressing... But i havent touched whiskey since

spidergrl
yea that would be alittle embaressing

PVS
ok, it may seem incredible, but i assure you its true
the first time i got drunk i was...2 years old eek!

i was occasionally allowed to have a tiny sip of beer, since
i loved it. but one day, my dad had a barbecue and invited all
his biker-buddies over. anyway, i went around the table, grabbing
at everyones beer, and everyone said "aaaah give the kid a little sip"
well, i guess they were too far gone to realise that EVERYONE was giving
me "just a little sip"

after i had made my rounds, i was substantially s***faced.

needless to say, my mom was really pissed, and had to make
and announcement to everyone that i could not have any more beer.

true story laughing out loud

spidergrl
hahaha nice. that would have been fun

J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
First time i drank i was around 3, my grandpa had his cup in his hand and i tried to grab the ice cubes ( i loved em smile ), but when i grabbed at it it wouldnt come out so i drank the 'juice' until i got to the ice cubes. I wasnt drunk tho. The first time i got drunk, last year when i was 14 me and some freinds snuck out at around 1am and i grabbed some vodka, jd, and a lil rum. Along with some sodas, and weed, we had a good time smile.

spidergrl
sounds like it smile

MrSpangle
haha. ok here's my toddler drunk story. apparently when i was a wee bambino i would peek up my lil head above the table. reach up wiv me lil arm. and steal my parents drinks! lol i dont remember it (cos i was a wee bambino at the time) but to quote homer simpson "its funny because its true". lol any other toddler drinking stories out there??

MC Mike
no Man, I can't believe all you teens are destroying yourselves like that. erm I'm 14, and I take a sip here and there, and if I want, a full glass, but I only have alcohol about once evry two months.

BlackC@t
It's because our friends pressure us to do it smile I go to my friends house to drink, if my parents found out they would kill me! ninja

spidergrl
yea, same with me. if my parents knew that i drink with my mates or who ever they would ground me or something.
story:
when i was on hockey tournament for like a week acouple of months ago we came 2nd out of the whole tournament and when we got back from our game our coach brought in like 3 bottles of wine and gave everyone a full glass and there were like 13year olds there having like refulls and all this. i told my mum and she goes i hope you didn't have any because that would have been really irasponsable blah blah blah and i kind of tuned out round about then

Kosta
I started when i was 15, but that was just a beeer once in a while with my dad. Now im 18, legaly allowed to drink, so i have some drinks at a party, never been drunk to the point where i cant remember what happened though. stick out tongue.

spidergrl
you never experience real life then.....nah just jks

Kosta
Trust me, I've been absolutely Shitfaced, but I just dont forget stuff when I'm drunk.

spidergrl
hahaha nice. i've never been so pissed i can't remember something. i've drunk alot but never got drunk......i wonder why shifty

PVS
i used to talk the same shit until new years eve '99.
changed my tune after a night of no memory and
a 2 day hangover. not to mention i have not touched
hard liquer since. sick embarrasment

unknownrocker
You shouldn't it is bad for you

PVS
dont worry, im done with it.
i cant so much as smell it without feeling... sick
so i really have no choice in the matter stick out tongue

Bierbommetje
IRT #1

I dunno yet

amity75
I was 13 but I didn't get properly drunk till I was 15. Bottle of Blue Nun wine did the trick on holiday in Lorient in France. And I saw my first real life pair of female breasts as well that night.

§ā®äµ
when i was 15

spidergrl
It sounds like you had a very memorable night amity75!! stick out tongue

amity75
Yeah! And I still think about it! big grin

spidergrl
now you've gone to far.....you keep the rest of that information to yourself now!! smile

amity75
Haha OK! It would probably get me arrested if I divulged further anyway.

spidergrl
ohh sounds interesting now....go on go on!! nah i'll be alright a. so you got drunk when you were 15, how old are you now?

amity75
I'm 22! Crisis! I'm so old! But I still drink...

amity75
When I was on holiday in Majorca one year I went up an alleyway to, em, relieve myself and I stumbled upon a guy lying face down wearing white jeans and he'd obviously shit himself. Hence from that day forth me and my mates only consider ourselves drunk if we're drunk enough to shit ourselves. And thankfully it hasn't happened!

<<Solo>>
Wait well my first...13....

spidergrl
Originally posted by amity75
When I was on holiday in Majorca one year I went up an alleyway to, em, relieve myself and I stumbled upon a guy lying face down wearing white jeans and he'd obviously shit himself. Hence from that day forth me and my mates only consider ourselves drunk if we're drunk enough to shit ourselves. And thankfully it hasn't happened! [/QUOTE

And by the sound of it, you're glad of it?? lol
Yea I don't expect me to be like that guy and end up pissed out of my brain and have shit myself.....well not in this life time a!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Delicious1

Furious Angel
13droolio

Chris87
My older gave made me drink when I was 11. It wasn't much just a shot. I think.

Krexo
12? Never much though. 16 now, drink when I go to the pub with my mates, have a few pints. Bout it.

mikeysgothicgur
I started drinking at the age of 13 when my first love killed himself, I'm now 17 and an alcoholic. (It's sad)

ETK
Had my first taste at age 9, a good german lager. Though I tend to only drink maybe a 12 pack a month nowadays.

Alice_In_Chains
dnt drink roll eyes (sarcastic)

manjaro
i took my first sip at about 7or 8.as im originally from jamaica where there is no legal age limit for anything, not even strip clubs(well yes, but not aggressively enforced). I was pretty much exposed to the whole 9 from a very young age,( beer, smokes, T&A) in fact ,my older relatives would send me on beer runs n' shit cuz they were too lazy to do it themselves. but the most fascinating thing about coming up like that was the fact that since it was right there in front of me every single day, there was really no thrill or an overwhelming need to really experiment. but im a full fledged "alchie" now and proud of it."hooraay beer!"

plenTpak52
fourteen. about 3 months ago

powerfulone1987
I can't remember the age I was , but I know I was either 6 or younger, and I have tried it a couple times since then , and I still don't fell the need to drink, I don't see what the big deal it. Maybe I just need to get real drunk and then I will see what the big deal is.

Ronny
when i was 5 i drank some beer that i thought was apple juice . .....imagine my surprise

Prodigy
Okay... I have a really good memory, and I think the 'mystery beverage' I found on a desk with a cherry in it (or something) was alchohol. No one was around, and I decided just to have the tiniest sip to see what it was like. 95% chance it was booze.

And how old was I? 2 or 3. No joke.

Anth
Seventeen.

PabloDiablo84
i was 12, now i get drunk at least three times a week

PabloDiablo84
what about you guys

PabloDiablo84
any of you smoke reefer

sonofasaiyan
You is a alcoholic aye??

sonofasaiyan
You is a baser too?

Sun Ce
i was about 8 years old when my mum gave my a larger big grin, and well i like lots of stuff these days "16", but still i don't drink at all really, nothing that good about it erm

Creechuur
I was 15 when I had my first and 31 when I had my last.

That ish'll kill ya. I stick with plantlife m'self.

MC Mike
Yes it is. yes

DarthLazious
21 years old.

Linkalicious
apparently I started too late.....i can still remember parts of my childhood. sad

Mane
im not man enough to drink sad

the only alcohol i can take is wine and the occasional jack-in-coke embarrasment

LoSt_

Linkalicious
it takes balls to drink wine. I hate the taste of the sh!t it's horrid...well...in most cases.

If you like Jack-n-coke....try Captain and coke. Morgan's spiced rum too.

Not that private reserve, parrot bay, or silver crap

Mane
i like the taste of wine more than Jack Daniels...

greenfreak1402
13 i like vodkaJumpy

lil bitchiness
16. I try to avoid drinking. I find that alongside making me fat it kills my braincells, making my liver rot, amongst all other discusting things.

spidergrl
some alcohol is nice. i drank the different flavoured alcohol the other day with mi mate but im not sure how to spell it........so im not going to embarras miself and try .......

amity75
I thought you were gone? confused

spidergrl
nope, Raz checked our internet addresses and found out blackc@t and i aint socks and im allowed to stay big grin

MildPossession
I tried Wine when I was 11,12,13 at special occasions like Christmas, and HATE the taste of any Wine. Also hate the taste of Beers.

Never been drunk, and don't care what morons say about getting drunk, 'ooooo you haven't lived if you haven't got drunk!' dear god, please you have to get drunk to make your lives exciting?!?!?

I started drinking at around 19, like full on drink, not sips. Stuff like Vodka especially with blackcurrent, Rum, Absinthe. Hardly drink though, but that's mostly what I have when I do.

Basically I can't stand the taste of most alcohol, and find it boring to make a night just for drinking and getting wasted.
Think I am the only one of a few here in England.....

I'm just happy with my coke.

spidergrl
coke is good big grin

Mane
Merlot cool

spidergrl
ummmm wat? wink

Lianslo
i'm 18, and the only drinking i've ever done is sipping my parents wine or wine coolers w/ them present...like MildPossession said, I don't see a point in getting wasted. There are plenty of other ways to have fun on the weekends w/o having a hang over the next morning, or getting busted by the cops.

Titan124
If you mean my first sip of alclhol that I enjoyed, it was my dads Corona when I was 9. Then when I was 11 I started liking my mom's cosmopolitans. I'm 13, and drink at bar mitzvahs sometimes, but not out of control or anything. Like I said in another post, it get's me a little less shy and more confident

Telperaca
First time I had to drink was on holiday when I was 15.

k1rsty
I was 14 and the first time i drank it was on a complete BINGE!!
big grin

beckham-23
hhhhhhhhh.......it's good item
well, i was baby laughing ohhhh i am just kidding

actually iam never drink & idon't like it ..

thank you smile

eleveninches
15-16

Spicy_Mchaggis
i dont drink alot. every now and then a sip or two of my dad's beer. but the only time i have ever had to drink was at weddings and stuff like that. and champagne isnt really heavy alcohol.

WhiteEagle
I've occasionally had a few sips of alcohol at family events when I was young (13 or so). Now I'm 19 and I don't drink very often, only on special occasions. I like trying new brands of beer (german beer seems the best overall wink). Never been drunk, don't plan too. I don't need any drugs to have a phucked up perspective. What the f**k?

slashwristbarbi
Ive always been allowed alcohol like champagne or bucks fizz for birthdays or xmas nd stuff. The first time I got really wreaked was wen I was 16 - up untill then I never really drank. Im 17 now, nd only really drink wen I go out with my mates - then I tend to drink quite a bit. The worst thing I did was a couple of weeks ago when I got drunk during some free time at college and ended up walking into my classics lesson drunk - wich was a bad thing to do, but also very funny!

Walfredo
Awww....memory lane. Eighth Grade Summer, Dark Dank Basement, 3 Miller High Lifes, 4 people. Haven't drank High Life since.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>