Akira

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

neo2
Ah, Akira. Cutting edge anime, right? I have only one question. I haven't really gotten to reading the manga yet but, uh, can anyone tell me what exclusions they made to the story form the comic? What they cut out???

Kitoky
For major motorcycle fans, big grin

VENOMfan
the motorcyle part in the beggining rocked

neo2
here are my favorite parts from the movie:
-The motorcycle chase in the beginning...
-When the military is trying to hold back Tetsuo for the first time.
-the end battle when Tetsuo morphs...
-an all the music in the movie was spectacular.

Gregory
I personally think that Akira is a good candidate for the Most Overrated Anime Movie Ever Award, narrowly beating out Ghost In the Shell. But maybe it was cutting edge at the time it was made?

neo2
well, it broke gorund for extremely detailed animation....see, every time I watch it, I have to think that...so it makes watching it even better. Ghost in the Shell was boring to me...I just liked the animation...after a while I was like, uh, something new, please?

eleveninches
Akira is great

Overfiend series is good too (parts III and IV were not as good)

I also like the genocyber collection

neo2
who hear is obsessed with Samurai X???? Cuz I am!!!

dragonpisces272
um...I am. But the topic is Akira. Anyways, I saw the cover in the store with him and the bicycle on the freeway. I looked at teh price and it was very expensive, since it was a 2 - disk special. Only watched the beginning episodes, and loved it smile

neo2
there were no episodes, it was a feature length movie...

el_barto
thumb up GREAT MOVIE!

Kitoky
Akira big grin Annnnnnnnnnnnd the star of the show......the motorcycle!

crazy_c
I have yet to watch it even tho all my older siblings love it and we have it on video. I briefly remember seeing a bit of it when i was five. All i remember is a little girl that looked like an old lady. blink

eleveninches
It is a totally COOL movie!!!

dragonpisces272
Akira never had episodes? AXN Asia plays it with episodes...so that must be a different Akira then blink

crazy_c
lol must be

vrempire
I'm kinda confuse with the plot the first time
i watch it on VCD..
perhaps I have to watch it one more time to understand it..
the anime usually full of philosophy like Kenshin.

eleveninches
I love the end scene, where Tetsuo becomes God. Then he recreates the universe. that guy is really powerful!!

El_Barto
This is one of my favorite animes happy (that and trigun, samurai x trust and betrayal, rurouni kenshin, hellsing, and cowboy bebop the movie)

BlackHatDefect
I liked Akira..certenly not my fave anime,but i have nothing against it.I think its DEFINATLY for more mature audiances..its message was a bit more deep(but were not talking Evangelion deep now)For its time though,it was simply unmatchable to its audiance because f its story,which haddn't been seen much in Japan.Thats why its so popular now,because it is a classic hit.

TheDirector
Neo2 here, changed my name, anyways....
I also like Vampire D: Bloodlust.....I suggest that to everyone who likes anime

Back to subject, I recently found out that the Wachowski brothers based the kids in the Oracle's apartment from M1, on the subjects from Akira.....people may already know this....i dont know

Im_Fuzzy
Along with my bro (El_Barto) this is one of my fav animes big grin

bardock
akira is the definitve anime movie it should be watched be all anime fans

Gemini no Saga
AKIRA = old but the BEST!!

crazy_c
meh it was okay

Cat Girl Sheryu
*agrees*

VENOMfanFAN
This was a great Anime. One of, if not, my fav.

SeptemberRain
I just saw the film. Its pretty good, tho strange

WindDancer
First time I saw it felt weird. The music of Akira is one of a kind. It's very contemporary and also futuristic. The anime looks great and the characters are memorable. Many ppl tend to pic between Akira and Ghost in the shell. Now, normally I would pick them both. I also like Ghost in the Shell, but for me Akira is above Ghost in the Shell. Both animes are full with philosophy and human idealism. But there is something about Akira that appeals to me much more.

Cyclops
The music in the hospital scene with the babies disguised as stuffed animals.... scared

WindDancer
Yeah, that was some creepy music. I love that chant music when Tetsuo destroys the tank! Super cool theme! big grin

Jason Wyngarde
do you think that little kid in the floating chair looks like hitler without a mustache

SeptemberRain
the hair cut yeah

Jason Wyngarde
my fav character is either kenada or 26

SeptemberRain
i like kenada

WindDancer
Kenada was okay......I still like Tetsuo.

ScarFace Clone
Kenada Was my Fav. but Tetsuo was cool as well.

TrAnCeDuO
i just wanna say that guy looks like some homicidal killer that has corpses in his backyard...hes probably the first anime character to scare me...i mean seriously! can anyone draw a more unfriendly looking person!?

Lil' Backfire
I thought it was more of Louie Anderson.

zombie dog
yeah i know what ya mean ive seen it so many times i love it big grin

zombie dog
has n e one 3x3 eyes thats a manga if ya have im goveing u my email addy it is

bardock
huh?

kurakitsune
its was sad when that girl died by her bf and it was like a week or some days shes she got bet up by the other guys the poor girl had an sexual herasmemt with those guys

WindDancer
You mean the girl that has a crush on Tetsuo? yeah, that was sad, but just another victim of the destruction. Many more innocent ppl died during the devastation.

kurakitsune
well i dont care for those ppl they were a cupel and he well his body kill her

bardock
i want to by a sport bike because of that movie

bardock
bump how could we forget about akira???

WindDancer
Anyone read the Manga? I'm planing to buy it. The storyline from what I understand is a little longer.

DirectorFitz
a little? if they inlcuded everything from the manga, the movie could've easily been 4 or 5 hours

The True Fear
i am watching it right now

WindDancer
Do you like it so far?

The True Fear
yeah, i have seen it many times. When i first got it i watched like 2 or 3 times that night.

Japanese_wolf52
HEY, You started this post after i put the same one up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.