Wolverine vs Gambit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Edger
Im new to these boards and was just wondering who you guys think would win in this cool matchup and why?

Paola
moving to vs forum...

SnakeEyes
Wolverine, he has better fighting skills and and better stamina

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
I think Wolverine has more skills, but it could go either way, namely because Wolverine's skeleton is bonded with an inorganic material. I've been waiting years for it to happen, and finally in Ultimate X-Men 51, Gambit charged up Wolverine's skeleton smile

pr1983
cool, i gotta see that, as for who would win, if gambit can do that i think hed win, otherwise, i think wolvie'd beat him

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
He did no kill Wolverine. Wolverine had him down on the ground, and Gambit grabbed one of his claws and charged his skeleton. Had Gambit detonated it, it would have taken him out as well. Although when he had his amped up powers awhile back, he could detonate things by thinking about it. At that power level, I'd give the victory to him easily.

crazyspinz
ya but when he was that tuff he is almost unbeat able, but in current state wolvie owns him

HarmonicFlo88
thas really interesting, how did gambit lose that power? it'd make him 10 times better

ScarletSpider
It originally got amped awhile ago somehow, then he chose to power down because he couldn't control it. Then the dormant aspects of his powers reawakened after he did some time-traveling stuff. Then I think Claremont just forgot about these new power aspects, because it would have been character growth, and that's bad. But then Gambit and Rogue lost their powers altogether in X-Treme X-Men awhile back, and they were just reawakened by Sage, but his powers are now kind of touch and go.

ETK
My vote would go to Gambit. Wolverine can't break his staff, it's adamantium. Gambit had ranged attacks as well. Would be a good fight to see.

Does Gambit still have his "charm" ability?

Maelstrom
Gambit has cool power. With his deck of cards it would seem he could keep Wolverine from ever reaching him. That explosive energy would rip Wolverine to shreds. But we all know the Wolverine of comics and with him if he's taken by surprise he usually will fall down but in a berserker head on match, and i site havok/wolverine for example, Wolverine will simply not conceded defeat. He will back you into a corner by instinct and you won't know you have been driven there.
He may be one of the few people who can take out a telepath because he doesn't have to know what he is doing to accomplish his goal.
Havok seems to have more devastating "fires" and wolvie walked through that.
Logan breaks Gambits hands to teach him a lesson in respect, and they bond over beer while Wolverine grows a new set of lungs. raver

crazyspinz
agreed

emraldguardian
In Ultimate X Men Gambit tore up Wolverine it was pretty awsome so it could go either way in my opinion.

Havoc470
i have to go with wolverine, i mean in UXM gambit knocked him out pretty good, but when you think about it if gambit grabbed wolverines claw he would've gotten cut.....i mean last time i checked his claws are sharp

yeah gambit got those abilities i think after psylocke go into his head to find something, that was a long time ago in uncanny xmen i think

Maelstrom
In Ultimate Wolvie was trying to get info from him, i think that's the only reason Gambit is still alive.
Don't get me wrong, i really like Gambit in the reg. series. He's slick and ballsy. raver

manjaro
remember now, we're talking about beat, not kill. we all know that for all practical purposes wolverine cant be killed, especially not in a brawl, but gambit is every bit as a good a fighter, and he's more agile, and gymnastically inclined. so long as he stays away from those claws, i say he puts wolvie down. at least for a round or too, until logan breaks out that berserker rage and leaves him looking at his entrails.

crazyspinz
dude, wolverine is a better fighter, he has like 200 years experiance, he was a samurai for a wile, and he wouldt need to break gambits staff, just thrw it away.

Krissy Von Doom
50/50. They had a fight in the danger room (around UXM #270 or something), Gambit had Wolvie pinned down for the win. It wasn't a convincing fight though, Wolvie was distracted by the Deathstrike illusion.

emraldguardian
No he wasnt Gambit showed up and was trying to steal Rogue, Wolverine was trying to protect her but Gambit was to fast and shoved a rod in Wolverines mouth lite it up and blew about half of Wolverines face off.

Havoc470
okay in a real fight, its true beating is different from killing, but i think people are forgetting this is wolverine, and for him winning a fight especially when he gets enraged would be to kill his enemy

sure gambit was trained as a thief, i really dont think that would beat being trained in bushido, and covert training in weapon x lol

as for the UXM stuff, i dont really like the xmen in UXM compared to most of the other xmen comics, and yes wolverine wanted him alive because he wanted to know who sent gambit for rogue

emraldguardian
LOL what are you talking about he wanted Gambit alive he was going to stab gambit, but Gambit lit up his skelaton .

Havoc470
stabbing someone doesnt really mean youre gonna kill them, its a better way to get answers, which explains issue 51 with wolverine on gambit's scent trail

X-Logan
Wolverine,in Ultimate X-Men 54,Logan had his Revenge and showed Cajun who is the better man.

Kontraz
Originally posted by X-Logan
Wolverine,in Ultimate X-Men 54,Logan had his Revenge and showed Cajun who is the better man.

you do realize that gambit didnt even fight back in that issue, cuz he had just joined the side of the good guys, right?

(though, then he and rouge turned tail, but still, he didnt fight back on purpose... it was supposed to be funny, but obviously some of us didnt get it wink)

X-Logan
Originally posted by Kontraz
you do realize that gambit didnt even fight back in that issue, cuz he had just joined the side of the good guys, right?

(though, then he and rouge turned tail, but still, he didnt fight back on purpose... it was supposed to be funny, but obviously some of us didnt get it wink)
Yes,he did fight back...He tried to use his energy cards,but he got beated
by Logan's adamantium skull smile

srankmissingnin
He didn't fight back but not because he didn't try or want to, but because he was already down before he had the chance.

First he threatens Logan, telling him he'll "light up" his skeleton if he comes at him with his claws. Wolverine steathes his claws rushes Gambit who has a full deck of cards in his hands charged, but gets put down before he can use them. He had all intents of fighting back.

Think you should re-read that issue Kontraz

sTaTiC sHoCk
who wins

kgkg
Wolverine smile

life is cruell
gambit smile

Draco69
US smile

Hopefully they kill each other and save us from the overhype and overexposure.

VENOMfan
^most definetly

they both die, I win

long pig
At least there is a reason Wolverine is popular.
Theres no excuse for liking gambit, none.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
At least there is a reason Wolverine is popular.
Theres no excuse for liking gambit, none.
lol ya

colossus17
logan is more agile one slash and its over

srankmissingnin
Gambits popular? Never knew that...

Kontraz
Originally posted by Draco69
US smile

Hopefully they kill each other and save us from the overhype and overexposure.

Gambit's overhype? Gambit is one of the few characters in marvel that loses about as much as he wins... Even in his own comic, he ends up having to get help. And overexposure? Gambit's only in two 616 comics right now, whereas emma is in 3 or 4, spidey is in 5 or 6, and wolverine is in god knows how many....

i still say wolverine wins, but he's blown insanely out of proportion...

wolverex84
wolverine as beaten gambit so many times that seeing those two fight again is like dejavo, beat the shit out of gambit he shouted ROUGH!!!

David Duchovony
Question, if Remy charges Logan's adamantium skeleton would it explode or would the kinetic energy in and around it just cause his skin to be blown asunder and his internal organs incinerated? I mean I'm no physicist or chemist but doesn't he charge the molecules in inorganic matter as well? He did it in Ultimate X-Men 52 or 51 and it blew part of Wolvies face off. evil face

wolverex84
there is no way the adamantium is going to blow off, it is indestructble, what will happen is that the current flow of energy eill pass through the adamantium, but ther is no way it will explode, is like saying can gambit charge colossus enough for him to explode, noway, not even close, anyway i don't know what happens next, if his skin will explode but all i know is that it cannot affect adamntium and regardless, wolverine will not give gambit enough time to do that to him.

Metalmanx
If Gambit charged Wolvie's adamantium somehow, Wolverine's body would explode, yes. The adamantium skeleton would remain. But Wolverine would be incinerated.

And by incinerated, I mean a pile of ashes at Gambit's feet.

And don't take this to be a Gambit winning, I'm just saying.

I don't know who would win.

wolverex84
wolverine would win, i have see them fight each other many times, from comics to cartoons, wolverine bullies gambit

brainchild81
Wolverine.

black robb
Originally posted by wolverex84
there is no way the adamantium is going to blow off, it is indestructble, what will happen is that the current flow of energy eill pass through the adamantium, but ther is no way it will explode, is like saying can gambit charge colossus enough for him to explode, noway, not even close, anyway i don't know what happens next, if his skin will explode but all i know is that it cannot affect adamntium and regardless, wolverine will not give gambit enough time to do that to him. true but just because his skeleton doesn't blow off doesn't mean he's indestructible. Logically if Wolverine was hit by a powerful explosive,healing factor or not,he'd at least be knocked out.The adamantium skeleton doesn't even factor into the fight.I still say it will be a close battle but i personally vote in favor of Gambit

Mainstream
to be honest the fight between them could go either way...provided Gambit is far enough away and is around enough non living objects which he could charge up.

wolverex84
i have yet to see any comic were gambit has bested wolverine, every time, wolverine is either, about to stabb gambit, or gambit is knocked out by wolverine. wolverine always win, want can gambit posibly do that wolverine can't handle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.