Breaking of The Fellowship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
after saurons "rant" earlier on today, he mentioned of "was there any sign of the fellowship breaking before they reached Lorian"

and this gave me an idea....to make toast, oh and also to start a thread about said question.

- yes I believe there was, some of my reasons (the most obvious ones) are:

1) They barely knew each other, Most were strangers to each other
2) Gimli & Legolas had a bit of a vendetta going already
3) Boromir suggested we should use the weapon against the enemy
4) Boromirs ill-favoured look whilst picking up the one ring on the mountain
5) The fall of Gandalf....that was a big bummer

Discos - please post your thoughts here and do not credited me on the questions....credit said "toast"

orlandoOYEA
I agree. there was tenseness (is that a word) before the company reached Lorien. For the reasons above and most didnt trust each other save the hobbits, gandalf and aragor. Doesnt leave many does it. well i suppose a few could of done it. I believe it was manly Boromir (AH DONT BE MAD) because he tried to take the ring but he made up for it by protecting Merry ad Pippin with his life.

Discos
also another point I am needing to say now is that Boromit sort of took a disliking to Aragorn I think due to he is Isildurs aire/haire/hairy monkey??

- He didnt want to see his father over-seed him in the throne of Gondor

Kitoky
Here's one, in the FotR: EE when Boromir and Aragorn argue in the scene after Boromir spots Gollum floating on the log...

"I would not lead Frodo or the Ring a league from your city." _ I think I can't remember if Aragorn says that exact words.

"You were quick enough to trust the elves, you have little hope in your own people." Boromir says something along those lines.

Kitoky
I think he reacted that way under pressure of what was going on. :P
All of a sudden this Dunedain Ranger is now pronounced heir to the thrown of Gondor, he was a bit miffed.

Ravsta
I gota agree. I think the most obvious reason was that most of them didnt know each other. The hobbits knew each other, Aragorn and Legolas knew each other but Boromir and Gimli, i believe, didnt know any of the others. Gandalf was the one holding them together. After his (Gandalfs) death, i think Boromir was probably very miffed about Aragorn basically taking leadership. I mean thats a quality of a king and im sure Boromir felt threatened by that.
(had to rescue this thread, its a really interesting question)

sauron
my rant......what rant....wants to seeeeee

Ravsta
Remember Sauron, u had a rant about the topics that kept coming up about actors personal lives and said u would like to see more interesting and relevant topics, such a s this one.

sauron
ooooh yeah smile

hehe ush got mad

Ravsta
Lol, yes Ush did. But at least one interesting topic (well imo anyway) came out of it
And so lets get back to the topic..

sauron
lol that was fun stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
Hhhmm, all you guys mentioned some of the reasons already, but here's another:

Frodo didn't trust Boromir as early as when they were still outside Moria. I would say that Gandalf kinda distrust Boromir to some extent too. Maybe because of what happened back from the Council of Elrond.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.