OT DVD - lightsaber green or blue???!?!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef3
in the OT DVD, lukes lightsaber is blue, as it always was, when he first engages it on tatooine. But when he is practicing with the probe on board the falcon, its green! what the heck?! is this something the geeks working on it thought it would be funny to do, or am i on crack?!

JKozzy
Oh boy... can't wait for Ush to see this roll eyes (sarcastic)

tlbauerle
I think its the crack

bigsef3
you think i'm on crack? watch it! and its not my TV. its a brand new set i just got 2 weeks ago!

mephistodesigns
okay, who wants to field this one?

look, the scene was enhanced colorwise by the restoration crew. I don't know if you know photoshop of not, but the colors usually used to make art is cymk, or cyan, yellow, magenta, and something with a k (i can't believe I forgot that one). They over did the cyan, or rather put in as much as the shot required. An unfortunate side effect was the lightsaber recieving a blue/green tint. Hence the slightly green appearance. We've all agreed this should have been caught, the reality is it wasnt'. Try to get over it and hope its fixed in the ultimate box set of all 6.

mephistodesigns
Ush, close this b***h! big grin

bigsef3
to quote meph's mother and favorite starwars character, "HOW WUDE!"

mephistodesigns
laughing

actually, my mother's the most foul mouthed person i know...

Silver Stardust
The K is black; it stands for key.

We've been through this...and this is going to be closed, I guarantee.

Boris
Yeah it sucks but its only for a min then it goes to blue

Morridini
It's not even for a min, it's just mere seconds.

Xam
its still green lol

Silver Stardust
WHO CARES!!!! It's not that big a deal!!!

(yes, I am VERY sick of hearing about the damn lightsaber's color)

Morridini
Yeah, let's put an end to this. We all know it's green (exept for Ush), and that it was a flaw.
End of story.

PVS
it is a flaw, but what are we gonna do? nothing.
some choose to acknowledge it, some choose to viciously deny it.
but its there, and what does it really matter?

there are so many annoying SE changes to complain about,
this is but a minor flaw. perhaps LFL just pushed the DVD's out
the door too hastily, thus the oversight.

and yes, K=black
they seemed to have put too little magenta into it, thus the greenish hue.

bigsef3
what kind of idiot makes the kind of mistake? any half-wit knows its blue

Mandalorain-fan
yea i saw that also....so no its not crack..unless im on it too....which is highly possibaly...

mephistodesigns
I hear crack it supposed to come with every new release now, to help the changes go down easier! big grin

moonwalker741
its purple...its very noticible....

DirectorFitz
It isn't crack they made it green for some reason...maybe if they made that lightsaber green the whole time we wouldnt complain and it could be like that saber(Anakin's saber, as Obi-Wan noted) is the saber Anakin uses in Revenge of the Sith

mephistodesigns
no no no no no no no. It's just a restoration error that was overlooked. That's it. it will be fixed in the ultimate edition, no doubt. If it bugs you that much buy the Ultimate. If you can live with it, the forget about it already!!!!

Superfly4000
But why does the gren blade look better than the rest of the blue blades. It makes no since. They had to purpousely make it green, because it's perfectly green.

mephistodesigns
because ILM fixed up the films BEFORE they went to Lowry Digital (the restoration company). Which means they jazzed up the lightsabers and THEN they went to Lowry for dirt/dust/scratch removal and color enhancement, the stage in which the oversaturation of cyan took place. They messed up the scene, not ILM.

Superfly4000
But the saber is pefectly green and then goes to thye old crapy one...

mephistodesigns
because they only over did the cyan in those shots where it appears "green". See, in photo re-touching, altering certain shades in an overall pic will really bring out tiny details. Problem is, they were apparently so into little details and making the rest of the shot look the best it could (which it does) that they missed the big mistake that occured to the lightsaber.

moonwalker741
ultimate edition?, source please?

mephistodesigns
Are you serious? We've been talking about the fact that an Archival or Ultimate edition of the WHOLE SAGA will get made off and on for a very long time. It's rumored to be coming out in 2007, but I think its a little to early to start guessing when its coming out, but that's what most websites are claiming. That's what one site claimed who had an alleged Lucasfilm "insider". But at any rate, there will be a final archival or ultimate edition made with final changes. I can't believe you'd even need to ask for sources on that. EVERYBODY knows about that. Maybe you missed it when you were making that dreadfully trite siggy? wink

moonwalker741
oh no way! i didnt know that stick out tongue sorry, i didnt know, i only check the Episode iv-vi forum once in a while, i go to the episode 3 forum more...

Mr Zero
I dont see any proof there - i just see a load of fanboy jerkoff blather.. One site with "and insider" horsecrap.

Mandos
It's purple.

celibi87
yeah purple would be nice but its blue

celibi87
maybe its blue maybe its purple lol

Reborn Again
Blue, green, blue... I saw it too. But can I make a suggestion? Think of it this way. There were two lightsabres. Obi-Wan's and Anakin's. Obi-Wan's was green. Perhaps Luke was using his during the practice?

amity75
The most annoying thing is that it's blue on the actual ROTJ disc. Does no-one at Lucasfilm check these things before they hit the stores?

OB1-adobe
I hope you ment ANH?

Anybody else think that even though the lightsaber in OBI's crib did not look actually fixed, but for some reason it looked really good. I think so. It actually looked blue. Not white with some glares of blue and green. Somebody post some caparison shots.

cal31
Here's a shot of the lightsaber at Ben's home, clearly blue

cal31
Here's the one from onboard the falcon, clearly green. The worst part about it though, the saber doesn't even stay on a fixed point, it jumps around all over the place and is the worst saber shot of them all. I can't believe that would go unchanged.

cal31
And here's another shot of Luke's saber on the Falcon, clearly white.

amity75
Nope. I meant on the actual CD covering for ROTJ. It's blue and not green.

OB1-adobe
That is the orignal artwork. It has always been that way. Go watch the trailers for ROTJ of the bonus disc. Orignaly luke was going to have a blue lightsaber for ROTJ.

tlbauerle
Actually I still think its the crack.

yerssot
OB1's in ANH is also blue, see the dual with Vader

celibi87
yeah it is...i always wondered what kind of lightsaber obi had when he fought anakin(not vader) cause anakin almost wins the duel if he hadnt fallen in lava...

tpaquin
For distinction, I wouldn't be surprised if GL change dthe color of Obi Wan's balde to green for the "Greatest Duel of All Time" or whatever, but that doesn't run continually with his scenes with darth...

...Unless there's a third, DiFfErEnT lightsaber involved!!!!11one

I think it's just a coloring mistake and everyone is blowing it way out of porportion. It's a movie. Movies have errors. Nobody complains about ESB's potato asteroid field.

yerssot
that's cause that one is an intentional joke... this is just a huge mistake from a company that's supposed to be one of the best in the world

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.