I have a HUGE QUESTION!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OrliNElijahsGrl
Okay when Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin came back, did the hobbits of the shire know about the journey? Like after they returned, did they tell everyone about it, or keep it as a secret, im just kinda wondering, considering in my story, the hobbits didnt know, and lobelia (sackville bagginses) is spilling out to everyone about the journey, im just curious, its not gonna change anything to my story, but i was just wondering whether really did frodo tell everyone about his journey when he got back? Or did he keep it as a secret?

pamukluprenses
nobody cares about them, so they didnt tell, but rose and her family

OrliNElijahsGrl
Oooo okay, well in my story, everyone cared about Frodo except for the sackville bagginses, and upon his return to the shire, everyone threw him a welcome home party! But didnt know about the journey, everyone kept it as a secret, until....lobelia (sackville bagginses) found out about it and made an annoucement and told everyone, so everyone found out that way

hehee i was just wondering if really they knew about the journey or not in lotr or not, thanks for tellin me! ;-)

Exabyte
No lol, they didn't keep it as a secret, they told those that wanted to hear it, but most hobbits weren't really interested in the stories because it all seemed so far away, so unimportant to them; they only celebrated them as heroes because of the battles in the Shire itself afterwards, but as Frodo didn't actively participate in them ("not actively" as in "he didnt kill anyone"wink, he got very little attention, which always made Sam kinda angry stick out tongue

§pearhead
sam deserves more respect no

Darth Sauron
Sam deserves an award of some sort
He spends a whole year in frodos shadow while elves and men sing 'oh frodo is our hero, oh ninny ninny ninny nooo' and then when he gets back to the shire and becomes a pimp himself and frodo is ignored, he gets angry

now thats just compassion laughing out loud

Nazgulinthedark
yes laughing out loud i could never do that

Mandos
Well, in the TRUE story, (i.e. the book), the scouring happened, Frodo and the others saved the day, killed Saruman, etc., and then Frodo finished the RED BOOK OF WESTMARCH, which Bilbo had started, and he passed it to Sam. Sam then finished his recordings in it, and then it passed down through his family line. Several copies were made, one (for sure) was in Gondor, possibly more at one of the ancient sites of Arnor, etc...
Now, from my recollections, the Hobbits (Sam, Frodo, Merry, and Pippin) told the other Hobbits, and that the Hobbits of all the shire held the RED BOOK dear, but that after not long, they quickly forgot about it.
So I think....I may be wrong....ask Exa for even longer, and more correct answer...stick out tongue

Darth Sauron
How do you know the RBOW is the true story

It was written by frodo
Half of it probably never happened you know
its just frodo wanting to sound heroic
you ever noticed how he always manages to escape heroicly and survives being stabbed THREE times

Mandos
roll eyes (sarcastic)

eezy45
laughing

eezy45
hysterical

OrliNElijahsGrl
Ooooo i see, well crap, i really wanted to stay close to the book regarding whether the hobbits knew about the journey or not, but thats alright, this bit in my story of the hobbits not knowing, Frodo keeping it a secret and Lobelia finding out and spilling it to everyone in regards to her hate towards Frodo during the welcome home party, makes it rather interesting in the story, so i guess thats okay!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.