Whats the diff?..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
What is the difference between a mental ward, psych ward, sanitarium, and an asylum?
I figured it was a range..maybe from bad to worse.. but i never figured that out.

Devalion
Dunno exactly.....the behaviour of the patients/cleints/residents?

Darth_Midal
A mental ward and a psych ward are usually found in hospitals and are generally to help heal the mind's of patients suffering from many kinds of mental illnesses. for example severe, suicidal depression to scitzophrenia. a sanitarium is where the patients who are beyond help are placed when they are seen to be a threat to themselves and to those around them it is really for there own protection more than anything else. And an Asylum is where the criminally Insane are placed although there aren't too many asylums up and running any more!!

Anna85
????????

darkcrown
I went to a mental ward once. sad

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
oooh. I get it, ty.
I keep telling my parents im going to/want to live in an insane asylum when i get older, they just look at me like im an idiot stick out tongue

Turbo-Cajun
I think i agree with your parents.

Ronny
http://www.mfdoomsite.com/forum/images/smiles/elephant.gif

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Dont judge someone you dont know...god.

Darth_Midal
that would be fuun and don't ask me why I know threse useless points of info

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
lol

vaya_the_elf
I went into the metal hospital before to. I had an eating disorder. sad

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Wow that must suck. Im not too pleased at the outlook many teens/older people have with food, it really bothers me to see an extremely skinny person..I always accuse anyone that is even remotely skinnier than I am, a bulemic. They irritate me...

vaya_the_elf
sad Sorry if I irritate you.

I'm not bad right now, in fact I'm at the weight I'm suppose to be.

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
No you dont irritate me, not at all. Its just the fact of it.
Thats good, and believe me its good that you got help because this may sound stupid and annoying but you could've killed yourself.
Im at the right weight as well, im 15, and at 124 lbs. Im pretty much a non stop eater as well.

vaya_the_elf
I have not had any problems for almost 2 years now. So I'm doing pretty good.

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
excellent stick out tongue

Darth_Midal
that's good to hear

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
totally

ladygrim
indeed...my sisters friend is going throu the same at the mo

eggmayo
i think actually an asylum is the old word for a mental institute, and a sanitarium replaced that word

VaMpIrE_lOvEr_
Oic. Kewls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.