The EPIV duel more epic!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xam
The ep4 duel could of been more epic.Just change the camera angles and its perfect.maybe some better editing confused .the duel from the sky could of been ok eek!

What do you guys think?

XAM rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing smokin'

moonwalker741
how about no changes except better quality.............that would have been better, but gl is ghey and i hope he dies

OB1-adobe
The duel from the sk.... What?
Better camera editing? That movie is pushing 30 years old. I think it is going to stay the way it is. They pumped up the sound and fixed the lightsabers and your still complaining.

Xam
actually i am!!!!

Ushgarak
It's fine as is!

OB1-adobe
Okay, jeeze. No biggie. Personally I wouldnt hold your breath. I think those movies are this close(Holds index finger and thumb quarter inch apart) to probably being a done deal. That is not really my opinion, I just have feeling we have seen the majority of the 'tinkering"

Superfly4000
I don't think so. George Lucas was complaining the whole time during the audio Commentary. And why is it that Lukes green lightsaber in ANH looks better than the unchanged blue.

OB1-adobe
Ijust went and listened to it. He is not complaining, he talking about the essence of the fight.

JKozzy
yes

OB1-adobe
It was interesting to see alec guiness and dave prowse practicing it in the documentary

Red Superfly
They could have easily re-shot/editted in some new choreography into that scene. Much like how they got Christopher Lee's fight to work.

Shoot some scenes of a replica Vader, and some guy in a hood, doing some more advanced motions and splice them into the scene.

The fact that ANYBODY can be Darth Vader and that Obi-Wan is wearring his hood up, means they could practically shoot anything and get away with it.

I think the whole Anakin vs Obi-Wan duel deserves to end with a suitable BANG!

DirectorFitz
they fixed the lightsabers in this duel...except at one part.....there is a point where Obi-Wan's saber is pointing at the screen....and as he moves it, the rod used on set is visible, with minor effects around it....it's still in there on the dvd...that's all I'd mess with

mephistodesigns
yeah, it looks like they tried to cover it up with the over saturation of blue, because it wasn't even really colored before, but it still hasn't quite covered it. Notice they've NEVER done that angle again? I think they realized what a bad idea it was. Cuz really, what does a lightsaber look like from the top? Is it all color? is it white with color around it? It could be debated for hours. But please, nobody debate it. Let's just agree that was a bad idea.

Superfly4000
GEorge Lucas was tottaly complaining about everything. He kept mysteriously mentioning what he "would" do to the films. Like when he said he "would" have yoda hopping along Luke in the training sequence. Or when he said he "would" make the Bobba Fett death scene more epic. He's totally gonna fix more stuff.

mephistodesigns
i didn't get that at all. i think he just meant, if he hadn't been limited, but despite the limitations, perfectly sutible solutions were found. I felt there was nothing but praise at how well puppet Yoda turned out. Although, I would like to see Boba blast out of the Sarlacc on film. It'd make my Unleashed Fett even COOLER than it already is!! But in all honesty, I don't think its gonna happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.