EpIII EU Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
I've heard that an EU character is supposed to make an appearance in Revenge of The Sith. Anyone have any idea who it might be? I know it's true, Lucas has confirmed it...but he won't say who it is. I'm hoping it will be Prince Xizor, that would make sense since he's a very popular EU character who would be around during that time period. Maybe Trawn? Any ideas?

PVS
can you post the quote?

not that i dont believe you....

well....i dont believe you stick out tongue

Morgoths_Wrath
"It is confirmed that an EU character is to make an appearance in Episode 3. The scenes for the EU character will not be shot until 2004 and no one has been cast for the part."
~ Roger Barton, film editor

PVS
...interesting

ESP07
I think its Grevious. The clone wars cartoons are technically EU arent they?

moonwalker741
im not sure, its in between episode 2 and 3, i dont think its EU

ESP07
Shadows of the Empire was between VI and VI and it is considered EU though.

mephistodesigns
I've been thinking they may be refering to a film version of an ARC trooper since they were cloned directly from Jango with limited genetic alteration so they could be sort of elite commandos. Those were shown in the cartoons as the red and blue commandos with the sandtrooper like shoulder plate. And Temura Morrison is in the film as a clone. Since AOTC showed the clones eating, which were a different actor to represent them NOT being direct clones (due to the genetic alterations). They also said Obi-wan would have to kill a clone he had befriended, and in the comics he's befriended a clone commando named Alpha. That may be the character. But I thought they filmed his shots already. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

GCG
this guy ?

Morgoths_Wrath

darktim1
I saw early animatic pic of obi-wan had to put down his clone troope4r friend. but did'nt know if it was from the film.

JKozzy
Could you restate that...? blink

darktim1
he had to kill the clone trooper that was his friend but the clone turned on him so he had to kill him.

JKozzy
Oooooh, thanks big grin

Yeah, that would suck sad

mauler
I think that Xizor will not appear in EP3 and EU character will be Cody

Ushgarak
There is no direct clue who it is, but it is unlikely to be anyone major.

jedijunky1138
I can't remember his name but who was the senator in the Thrawn series that had a conflict with Mon Mothma? Do you think it might be him? The events timing are correct.

mephistodesigns
I don't think its going to be from any of the older novels. Those were before Lucas even checked over plots before publishing. The prequel era books and comics fit so well into the films, due to Lucasfilm taking a somewhat more hands on interest (not much more, but certainly more than they had in the past). I believe the character will be from either the Clone Wars cartoon, the Republic comics about the Clone wars (which even fit in with the cartoon), or one of the novels of this era, more people (at large) pay attention to this stuff than the old novels.

jedijunky1138
Maybe Lucas is trying to tie the older novels into the movie, you know continuity and all.

Morridini
I thought of him as well when I read through this thread. I think he was named Senator Garm Bel Iblis, or something similar. He would sertanly fit into the story, and he is also not a major EU character.

jedijunky1138
My point exactly! And you are correct about his name. Thanx

waynerobsonuk
The way I see it (and not being a devotee of the EU - due to lack of time) there is a way to work out roughly who it could be.
1- what is Lucas's idea of 'EU'
2 - Who is alive at the time of EP3 that is not a character that will take away from the main characters
3 - Will he be able to exploit the EU character for furthur financial gain.

Basically that's my idea..... so who here is good with EU stuff? (EU forum?)

Wayne...

Ushgarak
Lucas' idea of the EU is synonomous with the official description of EU- any Star Wars storyline licensed by Lucasfilm but not actually being in any way written by GL himself, or derived from his wirtings. The novels are not EU, the other story books are.

captainmidnight
so it could be anybody?........i did read somewhere that it wasnt thrawn or xior!!!!

jedijunky1138
TFN had a tread on this topic that ran for almost a year. I don't think an answer ever came out of it. It's just a tough one to call.

MF D00m
EU Character

"The scenes for the EU character will not be shot until 2004 and no one has been cast for the part." - RM

"A character from the Clone Wars cartoon will appear in Episode III." - RM

The EU character is not a "major character" and his/her part in the story may change by the time they shoot the character's scenes in March 2004. -PH

For the unknown EU character in Ep3, the costumes will match the pre-determined style and the action this character does in the EU fiction will be different than that action seen in Ep3. The character's costumes will have certain accommodations for these demands. -TB

If Pablo had to venture a guess, he'd say that the EU Character will not be the only EU thing (ship/place, etc) that we will see in Ep3. -PH

The EU character is neither Thrawn nor Xizor. -PH

For EU-is-canon proponents, the inclusion of a certain character, vehicle designs and other concept art created or expanded in literature will add fuel to their arguments. -OS

It is possible the EU character will not make the final cut of the film. While in the script, the sequence is very fluid and may be trimmed. -PH

Some elements have been in the EU but have gone by unnoticed. -PH

Aayla Secura is not the new EU character in Ep3. The EU character will be a brand new one to the films. -PH

Acronym Key:

GL = George Lucas (Director)
OS = Official Site (starwars.com)
RM = Rick McCallum (Producer)
NP = Natalie Portman (Actor)
HC = Hayden Christensen
RB = Roger Barton (Film Editor)
IM = Ian McDiarmid
C2 = Celebration II
BB = Ben Burtt (Sound Editor)
JEJ = James Earl Jones (Voice Actor)
JK = John Knoll (Visual Effects/ILM)
PE = Paul Ens (Official Site)
GB = Gavin Bocquet (Production Designer)
JE = Joel Edgerton (Actor)
PM = Peter Mayhew (Actor)
RC = Rob Coleman (Visual Effects/ILM Supervisor)
BS = Bruce Spence (Actor)
AD = Anthony Daniels (Actor)
TB = Trisha Biggar (Costume Designer)
SLJ = Samuel L. Jackson (Actor)
PH = Pablo Hidalgo (Official Site, Webcam)
RC = Ryan Church (Concept Artist)
DG = Dan Gregoire (Pre-Visualization Effects Supervisor)
DB = Don Bies (Droid Unit Supervisor)
NG = Nick Gillard (Stunt Coordinator/Swordmaster)

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/eucharacter.shtml

Cipher
Bel Iblis might be interesting but the part about the costume and how its designed to accomodate the action, which will be different than what the character is known for......

It would take some creativity to figure this out. And in the end, the character might not even be in the movie anyway.....

waynerobsonuk
Maybe theres a possiblility that whoever teh character is it will be someone (or thing) that is easy to do in CGI. Would explain why no-one was cast for the part.

Wayne...

NoFate007
Personally I think, if it even makes the cut, nobody will notice it because most fans aren't fans of the EU. For all we know, it could be a 1/4 second clip of Anakin killing a Jedi in the Temple, and some kid out there that's read every book will be like "That's ____!" but the average person won't notice. It would make sense to do Thrawn from what I've heard of him, but to tell you the truth, I don't think it matters, the story and everything else is good enough.

MF D00m

jedijunky1138
I'm not sure but didn't McCullem say that the E/U character may not be a character at all but a thing? If so I think they could be refering to the Juggernaut. Any thoughts.

Freakin' Jedi
Making money out of shit. laughing

Mist
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t316614.html

DCLXVI
Sorry to bump this old a$$ thread, but I think I know who it might be:
1) Grievous would be the obvious answer, because he was first introduced in the EU.
But then again, it is probably....:
2) Clone Commander Bly, who in the EU fights with the Jedi Aayla Secura.

But then again....I could be SO wrong....

VT-16

Cascador
I thought it was Agen Kolar who was the EU character. He's in the republic comic series. Agen Kolar is the zabrak who gets killed in Mace's party to arrest Palp

BAILY
Agen Kolar is in AOTC too

Cascador
yeah just checked...you're right, he's in AOTC

Echuu
it should be mace windu's old apprentice; echuu shen-jon! Happy Dance

Cascador
I was hoping too that it was actually Quinlan Vos. They say he is actually in ep I undercover on Tatooine.

Mist
that wasnt him, just a species of his. i hoped it would be him as well, but hed have nothing important to do in ep3.

Torik_Shai
Grievous doesn't count. He was put into Clone Wars because he's in the movie, not the other way around.

Cascador
Originally posted by Mist
that wasnt him, just a species of his. i hoped it would be him as well, but hed have nothing important to do in ep3.

true, but they changed the story, if you check the list of the databank you'll see his name in the list of episode I. They imagined a story that he is undercover there.

Mist
damn lying bastards....

Cascador
yeah you should slam the door on their nuts lol

Darth Plagueis
Who is Anakin fighting in this shot?

Mist
nick gillard's character and some other jedi.

Darth Plagueis
I asked in this thread because someone else suggested that it was the aforementioned EU character......which is not neccessarily precluded by "some other Jedi".
Although it kind of looks like Jocasta Nu......

Torik_Shai
It's the character played by Mousy McCallum, Rick McCallum's daughter.

Darth Plagueis
Okay, that's two "it's the character played by..." but WHO are the characters??? Just because the actor/actress is related to someone involved in the film does NOT mean that they are not playing an EU character.

Torik_Shai
Good point.

Darth Plagueis
Cany ANY of the esteemed KMC elders name those two Jedi??

Torik_Shai
Nic Gillard's is Cin Drallig, his name backwards. I don't know the other's.

Darth Plagueis
Maybe it IS Jocasta Nu.....kids and librarians, damn!! I hope he loses his tetsicles along with everything else on Mustafar.

Jazzman_78
With all of the spoiler reports, and the plot summaries from people who have seen books, screenings and such; I think someone by now would have spilled the beans. I'm betting they either don't stand out as a popular EU character, or the character got cut. I'm just thinking that if Asajj Ventriss or Thrawn or someone like that was in there someone would have posted "OMG! OMG! GUESS WHAT?!" by now. But I could be wrong (i hope).

Darth Plagueis
If it's not someone from the Clone Wars cartoon (the most obvious), then it must be a relatively minor character making a cameo, like Aurra Sing in TPM

stefaan
The name of Mousy McCallum's character is Bene.

jedi90
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
I've heard that an EU character is supposed to make an appearance in Revenge of The Sith. Anyone have any idea who it might be? I know it's true, Lucas has confirmed it...but he won't say who it is. I'm hoping it will be Prince Xizor, that would make sense since he's a very popular EU character who would be around during that time period. Maybe Trawn? Any ideas?

i think we might have finally gotten an answer to this. in the ep3 graphic novel when the clonetroopers turn on the jedi they show Quinlan Vos being attacked.

Mist
SWEET! QUINLAN! does he get killed though? coz i want him to go down fighting...

Mist
also, could you post a pic of this?

jedi90
sorry i don't have the pic. i read the comic while i was sitting in borders waiting on my wife. since i read the whole thing i didn't see any sense in buying it. i'm sure if you go to any comic store or borders they will have it there. maybe someone here bought it and would be kind enough to scan and share.

Mist
how long was quinlan's focus time? just a few frames? did he have any dialog?

jedi90
no dialoug. nothing special, clones basically catch him off guard. i hope they have this scene in the movie. with all the spoiler junkies around here i'm suprised this hasn't been discussed yet.

Mist
it might be something not seen in the movie, like the tusken slaughter......

sith_darth_jay
here's Vos

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/2933/screenhunter0010aq.th.gif

Mist
is that him getting blown up on the right hand side of the last pic? that dark shadowy thing engulfed in flames?

damn...i thought he woulda deserved better...sad

sith_darth_jay
yep, he gets blown away by the juggernaut :/

... at least he's in the movie..... well I hope so

DCLXVI
I think it's safe to assume it's him. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.