Who Was The Phantom Menace???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Clai Keboa
Sorry if this has been discussed b4, But who exactly was "The Phantom Menace"? - Maul or Sidious?

Ushgarak
It is the rise of the Dark Side.

roundisfunny
Darth Lucas and his use of the "dark side of technology" to alter history.

Morgoths_Wrath
I believe it was your mother

Sith Master X
I believe The Phantom Menace was Sidious rising to power.

Mr Zero
Jar Jar

Xam
palpatine

§pearhead
in lucas eye's, it's Palpy there...

but in the average fan, Jar Jar is definitely the menace

DirectorFitz
I think the Phantom Menace was meirly the presence of the Sith itself among the Republic.....Phantom Menace means invisible enemy=Palapatine in a high rank in the Republic

Master Kadub
Phantom Menace.........that could be seen in a couple of lights...

1. Darth Maul.......he was not revealed til late.......
2. Darth Sidious......never revealed, but we all knew that he was the master mind behind many troubles......
3. The Sith.....the Jedi knew they were back, but didnt know who they were or when they would strike again.....
4. The strong supporter causing the outter systems to rebel against the Republic....

So, see.....I suppose the Phantom Menace is all about interputation....

Mr Zero
It was Jar Jar - he was a computer generated "unreal" character who couldnt be seen by the actors, hence phantom.

And nearly made the film so painfully unwatchable we puked - plus pointed the way towards Darth Lucas's obsession with digital technology being held in higher regard than story and acting. Hence menace.

Jar jar - the only answer that makes sense.

Boris
I'd say Darth Maul

Master Kadub
laughing out loud laughing out loud Jar Jar......give him a Cloak and a smile....

Clai Keboa
I'd say it was Sidious

WarSpawn
the Sith

Mace Skywalker
its the rise of the sith

Member.
the dark side.

walkingcarpet
Darth Sidious, that mystery guy who's scemeing to control the universe (big suprize there).

celibi87
sidious/palpatine he had the whole thing arranged just so he can be in control of the universes army when he decided that he wanted to have total control/power...he is waiting to let everyone know that he is the ruler of the sith

Mandalorain-fan
Anikan

Darth Jello
DVD commentary, Lucas- "Darth Sidious is the Phantom Menace" or some such quote.

Clai Keboa

DenKi
But Sidious didnt rise to any power? he was still the same as the start and the end, Maybe it was the first major attack/

But Jedi/Sith have been fightin for thousands of years Palpetine is nothing compaired to the Sith lords in the past

Jedi Priestess
Actually I gotta go with Ush on this one.

The Phantom Menace=the rise of the dark side.

And that article backs that up nicely.

Corran
yep, I have to agree with Ush too, the Phantom menace is not a person but the up until now hidden Darkside and sith,

DenKi
But Sith and Jedi have been fighting each other for thousands of years, Then have both rised and fallen, Its just episode 1 where everyone thinks its just started, but its not..

The Starwars games tell the storys too

Corran
The sith were thought to be dead and no longer a problem for thousands of years.

Ushgarak
... and the Force was onlly just starting to go out of Balance at that time. because of the gathering strength of the Sith.

§pearhead
besides, did the Sith ever actually manage to completely overthrow the established government?

DarkAge

GCG

exanda kane
I think it's Jar Jar personally

Texansfan05
Jar Jar thumb up

Lord S
Heh, I always thought it referred to Darth Maul.

*Shrug*

Julie
Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.