11 Planets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

DARK ASSASSIN
maybe ren var?

OB1-adobe
yes for naboo. your forgot Mustafar

has alderan been confirmed?

Anakin2Vader
Alderan is in. Utapau and Mustafar too

Mempho76
I'm not so sure we will see Dagobah..

Morgoths_Wrath
Is Mustafar the planet that Anakin and Obi-Wan fight on?

Mempho76
Yep.

DARK ASSASSIN
mufasa what......?

Sidewinder1988
There's no need for us to see Dagobah - it would be very cool if we see Yoda get into a ship/escape pod and NOT actually see where he goes - it would be cool for us to catch up to him in ESB where we find out where he landed and set up home.

Dantooine is just a planet that was merely mentioned. Much like Ord Mantell, Kessel and Sollust in fact. It doesn't mean we'd get to see them.

Morridini
What was ren var again?
I know I should remember this but my mind is blank.

jedijunky1138
I myself can't wait to see Kashyyk. I think though we will see Dagobah, I think Obi-Wan and Yoda have a conversation with Qui Gon on Dagobah to decide what to do about Luke.

CinematicESP
Pablo Hidalgo said there were 12 planets. We have...

1. Coruscant
2. Tatooine
3. Kashyyyk
4. Utapau
5. Alderaan
6. Naboo
7. Mustafar
8. Dagobah (possibly)

What kind of terrain is Utapau supposed to have? What other terrains haven't we seen in Star Wars that could possibly make an appearance in ROTS? Any thoughts? Personally I'm excited to see all these new worlds, and what new environments we'll see in the SW Universe.

NoMeN
tatooine, alderaan, kashyyyk, naboo, coruscant, utapau and naboo have been confirmed. RickMccallum said, that maybe we were going to see dagobah.

and Mustafar has been confirmed recently. i think today

jedijunky1138
do you think Geonosis? or Kamino?

NoMeN
RM said we wont see Kamino

Morgoths_Wrath
What's significant about Utapau (not arguing that it's not, just to know what is)? Does anyone have any information about the planet or its purpose/place in the movie?

Morgoths_Wrath
And I doubt we'll see Geonosis again, quite frankly I've seen enough.

Sith Master X
Yeah I dont' believe Geonosis has any role in Episode 3.

Spiderdrew8
It's the home planet of that helpful alien that Bruce Spence will play.
Tion Meddon

Morgoths_Wrath
Rhen Var is a new planet featured in Lucasart's new game Star Wars: Battlefront and a few others I believe. Here is Lucas's description of the planet

The frozen wasteland of Rhen Var was once a fertile paradise, but an atmospheric cataclysm devastated the planet's ecosystem millennia ago. Now prone to blizzards and ice falls, the landscape consists of icy plains, tundra, and glacier-carved mountains. Long ago, the ancient Jedi built monuments that are now buried beneath the ice. Snow-covered passages and temple hallways allow forces to move quickly or succumb to a cold, icy conclusion.

I don't know if we'll see it in Ep3, but I wouldn't put it past me.

Here's a few pics, too...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/fahQ_Nigel/rhenvar.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/fahQ_Nigel/rhenvar2.jpg

Ushgarak
Utapau as a name is in because, simply, GL wanted to use that name for SOMETHING.

So I assume, anyway- Utapau was the placeholder name for planets that were eventually named other things in GL's draft scripts for... just about all the SW films he wrote. Certainly for episodes IV and I.

Mempho76
Doesn't Utapau relate to EUtopia (sp?)..

Isn't Yoda suppose to find a Sith relic on Kashyyk??

darktim1
cool animation pics from the video game for now may force be with you.

Jedi dersans
What about Kaminino?

Morridini
You should read through the other posts before u ask something Jedi dersans. NoMeN allready said that we wont see Kamino:

darktim1
what about the planet bespin will we see that in episode3? just wondering.

PVS
it really would not fit in...i dont think

darktim1
okay thanks pvs .

mephistodesigns
i thought there were supposed to be more than twelve, members of Lucas film said there'd be a montage of shots when the clones "turn" where they'd show a bunch of famous Jedi dying. They're only gonna show a couple new planets? I thought the 11 or 12 planet figure applied to the ones for the montage that we haven't seen before.

jedijunky1138
Will we get to see Moncalamri?

DARK ASSASSIN
what the heck is moncalamari?

jedijunky1138
Admeral Ackbars home world It is a watery planet similar to Kamino.

mephistodesigns
sans the rain. they showed it in the Clone Wars cartoons.

mephistodesigns
It's also where the Quarren race calls home.

Darth Jello
this is what I know:
1. Coruscant
2. Naboo
3. Utapau
4. Kashyyk
5. Alderaan
6. Tattooine
7. Aquilia (possible name)
8. Dagoba
9. Mustafar
and if I had to throw out a guess, I'd say that we may see Mon Calamari and Yavin IV very, very briefly.
as for where the names come from, Utapau was the name of Tattooine in the first draft of star wars and Alderaan was called Aquillia in the same script.
as for my guesses for planets 10 and 11, here's my reasoning. 1. Lucas said we'd see mon cals in the movie, 2. The Clone Wars cartoon is pretty much cannon considering that the last five episodes that debut this march ARE going to be the Episode III opening crawl-anyone who's seen chapters 17-19 knows the significans of Yavin IV to Anakin. and 3. there is supposedly an entire montage of different Jedi being slaughtered on different planets when their clone troopers turn against them.

jedijunky1138
Thanks Jello

OB1-adobe
Jello you said the imperial theme was added to the ANH dvd. Well it wasn't. I don't think I can take your info seriously anymore.

Darth Jello
actually, john williams said in an interview that he was recording it for the dvd, i just mentioned the interview. the fact that it wasn't was prolly a last minute decision. I already posted that in the OT forum

DARK ASSASSIN
i wish it was, it wouldve been cool to change ANH score a little bit.

mephistodesigns
i still think there are more than 11 with the montage...

Darth Jello
has anyone confirmed the wether aquillia is a planet? I just assumed that would be the name of the "bruce spence" alien planet because Lucas is using both Mustafar and Utapau, both of which were early draft planets.

jedijunky1138
Aquillia is a spieces I believe.

NoFate007
I heard somewhere, can't remember unfortunately where it was though (sorry), that Utapau is where Grievous and Kenobi fight, and there's something to do with the duel being on top of something where you can see the grand landscape of a huge area of Utapau, so I'm guessing on top of a hill or valley of some sort..but I don't know about the terrain of Utapau.

Darth Jello
but there is another planet other than utapau and mustafar that is new and prominent (not kashyyk). and you are thinking of aqualish.

PVS
from TF.Net:
---------------------------------------------------
EP3: Planet Name Revealed?
Wed, Oct 06, 04 02:36:08 AM EDT

Sompeetalay from TK-421 makes this small observation:
If you check out the new daily Hyperspace comic, you'll learn the existance of a planet called Felucia. If you remember well, Amy Allen herself claimed that Aayla Secura would be on a planet starting with the letter 'F' in 'ROTS'. Could Felucia be that planet?
Could be, who knows ...

jedijunky1138
PVS That AVI is SICK!

Darth Jello
fellucia, sounds sexy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.