]Silver Surfer VS God-like Cable[

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HarmonicFlo88
Silver Surfer at his best
Present God-like Cable

Cables new powers are definitely up there....but wut would telepathy do to a cosmic being? i guess telekinetics could play a part in cables strategy but surfer could jus take cable out of earth without life support.....surfer doesn't breathe but cable does - to name a few.

wut do any of u have to say? lets discuss this sh!t ppl.

find out tha results at a comic store near u, december issue of Cable/Deadpool numero diez

btw, this attached cover is tha best i've seen of cable lately..enjoy

norrin radd

Wynndar
thats a tight cover...i think they are goin over board with Cable though

ScarletSpider
I'm pretty sure SS is going to lay the smackdown on Cable. Zircher does draw a nice SS though, that is a great cover.

Maelstrom
Cable. With his telepathy he could be The Silver Surfer. He could make Surfer kill himself while there would be no way of locating Cable. You see him cause he allows you to see him. The moment Cable stops being tolerant of assults against his person, Surfer crumbles to his knees. raver

Wynndar
huh?

norrin radd
lol

ceediddy
Just in case peopel haven't read Cable & Deapool 7. Cable is maybe the most powerful being on the planet. He is pretty much a better trained Nate Grey (X Man) with the healing power of Deadpool.

He has flooded the Sahara. Disarmed countries. Stop the deterioration of white blood cells of every AIDS victim in Africa. Soothed the pain of every person dieing of a disease on the planet. Reduced terrorist attacks and and car accidents across the world. And he has done all this while keeping a city floating with his telekineses.

He is not your average superhero anymore.

The Cable haters will come in at any moment and begin to hate.

spyrokinesi35
dang, what's with you and all of the god-like cable threads. shessh lay off. but I give it to cabes, and by the way you described cable, there are few people he can't defeat

Maestro
how did he get so strong?

Wynndar
hahaha...Cable haters?...are they hating or did they lose the right to have an opinion on the matter

crazyspinz
ya when and how did he get that strong?? he seems very very god like right now

HarmonicFlo88
i'm in partial agreement, cuz i dont think itd be THAT easy. i'm originally a die-hard Nate Grey fan and cable has all of his powers+more control, i definitely think cable owns surf....however it wont be easy at all. for example : lifting an entire city/getting rid of AIDS/mind controlling crowds etc.... means less when ur a cosmic being with immense power. imagine surf getting up after cables every beat down, he is supposedly "indestructable"...can someone with a lot of knowledge clear up if and how hes indestructable?

"You see him cause he allows you to see him" thas another point for cable, BUT does surf have tha means to BE telepathically manipulated? i doubt it, but if cable can do it....hes already won.

i agree with those who say cable was taken over-board....there was already a "god-like cable" in Nate Grey, and since he wasn't changed - it was original. this new cable seems fakish if thas a word. however, wuts written is written.

its still a 50/50 as tha poll clearly shows....maybe if more posted...

crazyspinz
this fight would probaly go to cable, and im voting for him, BUT can surf rearange matter, so couldnt he turn cable into like wax for his board, or toliet paper to wipe his shiny ass with

JuggernautFan
i think people are confused with re-arranging matter here....... now bare with me for a moment.

to re arrange something means to take apart, and put into a new order. so if you have xyz and rearrange it would then be yxz. you are all talking about molecular conversion. as far as i know surfer doesnt have this power. that would be starting with xyz and completely changing it to a different substance such as abc. see the difference???

crazyspinz
yes, but all matter on earth weather it be toliet paper, or a human has very very similar molecualr properties, a human and a banana are 97% the same, so thats like xxxxxxyz and xxxxxyxz

crazyspinz
o and everyone vote in my surfer vs thor thread, it ends in 2 weeks
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t309149.html

JuggernautFan
it doesnt matter if they are almost the same or not, surfer cant do it. can you state 1 time in one issue where he changed one substance to another???

crazyspinz
let me sleep on it, im goin to bed sleep

JuggernautFan
figures.......... run away, run away.

HarmonicFlo88
yea i see wut ur talkin bout, but "re-arranging matter" as u say...could be just as devastating. does surf have this power? if he does i mean it basically comes down to can cable do anything before surf uses any of this power, or if cable can somehow shut it down.

but like someone here said, if cable doesn't allow surf to see him...then it goes to cable. u cant beat someone u cant see

HarmonicFlo88
guess i did some research

"The Silver Surfer can endow himself with Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons. He possesses the Power Cosmic which he can use to generate powerful force blasts or to rearrange molecules. The Surfer travels on a "surfboard" which responds to his mental commands and is as indestructible as he is. He has a Cosmic Awareness which allows him to feel energy around him."

1] guess he CAN re-arrange molecules....but 2] if he has tha means to "mentally" anything- it means cable could disrupt it. he could prolly shut down surfs powers for one, out of thousands of things cable can do.

norrin radd

HarmonicFlo88
surf is a cosmic being, so i automatically take away a lot of cables abilities...but as vast as they are, cable is STILL powerfull enough to mentally destroy a cosmic mind.

i did think bout surfs cosmic awareness, and ur rite....he can sense where cable is. but wut if cable was to create multiple appearances of himself and give each an entity feel? surf would be confused outa this world...or uh in to this world lol

Wynndar
surfer can rearrange matter, he has turned hundreds of tons of rock into gas...and a huge chamber of treasure terrax had been seeking, into sand, all in the blink of an eye and without effort...then turned that same sand into a diamond figurine and gave it to Nova

norrin radd

Molecule man
true, Cable still have a human body while Surfer's body is a battery for cosmic power.

Wynndar
and im still not sure how Cables attacks would truly hurt the Surfer...his durability makes it so he cannot be harmed by a conventional means...beating him around with TK would just be trying to break something indestructable with force...although I doubt cable would be using his TK since he would be too busy getting his ass kicked by Surfer

norrin radd

Molecule man
maybe his tp would work but i think Surfer's resistance against tp is pretty good. unless Cable could warp reality i think Surfer is going to win

HarmonicFlo88
ok lets say telekinetics is outa tha picture since surf is "indestructable" but wut if cable mind controls surf to kill himself in ways only he himself knows? or if cable gains knowledge of wut would hurt surfer by goin in his memory? or create hallucinations to throw off surf? cable can do many things

ceediddy
You sound defensive. haha Are you a cable hater? Or just a cable despiser, or maybe a cable protester?
i have seen on numerous boards...
"I cant stand cable. I hate cable. He is so second rate. ETC"

hmm the word hate was used. I have seen it. As for opinions everyone has them. My point is why do certain people dislike somethings? There usually should be a reason why u don't like something. If not u r usually basing your opinion on someone else's take.

JuggernautFan
issue numbers please. i'd like to check on this. just for verification smile

i think surfer would win by the way, i just wanted people to know that molecular re-arrangement is different than molecular conversion. because it is different...........

HarmonicFlo88
Brought to you by Mane, awhile ago
Marvel Hierarchy
1. The Heart Of The Universe
2. Living Tribunal
3. Infinity Gauntlet
4. Death
5. The Infinites
6. Eternity/Infinity/Galactus (full power)
7. Oblivion
8. The Celestials
9. Franklin Richards (full power)
10. Master Order/Lord Chaos
11. Chronos
12. X-Man (full power)/Onslaught (full power)
13. Love/Hate
14. Eon
15. Epoch
16. Chton
17. Stranger/In-Betweener/Oshtur/Agamotto/Hoggoth/Galactus (normal power)/Dark Phoenix
18. Ego the Living Planet
19. Dark Gods/Elder Gods
20. Eternals
21. Korvak
22. Shaper of Worlds
23. Beyonder
24. Phoenix Force
25. Hyperstorm
26. Dormammu/Shuma Goroth/Franklin Richards (normal power)/X-Man (normal power)
27. Demogorge the God Eater
28. Set/Cyttarok/Atum the God Eater/Demiurge/Gaea
29. Pheonix
30. Molecule Man
31. Odin/Zeus/Zuras/Shaman
32. Asgardian Destroyer
33. Pantheon of Gods
34. Kubik
35. Mephisto
36. King Thor/Thanos/Hulk (full power)
37. Beta Ray Bill/Adam Warlock/Silver Surfer/Morg

tha new cable is close to x-man's power, and so he is more powerfull than silver surfer. this is mere fact. so i guess this goes to cable.

JuggernautFan
oh man........ not that arguement again. it isnt fact............

there are flaws on that. king thor on par with hulk??? i doubt it. king thor could play with hulk, and hulk would have no choice in the matter.

i just dont get how this poll can be 50/50 when thor is getting demolished on the other one. doesnt make any sense.

norrin radd

crazyspinz
its hulk full power dude, hes been there like once in marvel comics, and thats when he beat onslaught

norrin radd

crazyspinz
well, he kinda ripped him apart....

norrin radd

JuggernautFan
onslaughts armor was cracked open by hulk, but the majority of people at the fight (mutants aside) sacrificed themselves to beat onslaught. hulk only cracked the armor. well that and he sacrificed himself too

crazyspinz
well he more ripped his armour apart, witch was more then the rest of the mutants on eath would do

Mav
God, these boards are ridiclious. SS simply outclasses Cable. Seriously. He could convert the oxygen in his blood to mercury if he wanted. I've seen SS do ridiclious things, I mean, in his full killing mode, he is nigh unstoppable. What the hell is up with this Cable fetish all of a sudden?

HarmonicFlo88
read cable/deadpool series. in stores now.

"well, unofficially" get it?

HarmonicFlo88
and oh, "these boards" aren't redicilous.....silver surfer vs cable is actually gona be in cable/deadpool #10.

Mav
I know that, I'm saying some of the fanboys on this board are driving out of my mind!

HarmonicFlo88
Nathaniel Grey! dawg, ur missin out

crazyspinz
wow, im realy hungry

norrin radd
sorry but that is far from actualy beating onslaugh

HarmonicFlo88
Tha thing is, most of u are right bout silver surfer being indestructable and such...however that doesn't mean cable would lose. just as cables powers would have little effect on surf, wut can surf do to cable? he may not be indestructable but with his vast telepathy and telekinesis, hes pretty much unbeatable.

norrin radd
well read the posts, some ppl already said what surfer could do to cable.

SS could transform cable in a sandwich, and give it to some hungry guy.
or he simply blast the hell out of cable.

HarmonicFlo88
theres wut he COULD do, if cable didn't put a defence to it. u misunderstood wut i was saying norrin....Cable would kno before surf tried to "change tha oxygen in his blood to mercury". surf doesn't have tha ability to do that with just ONE thought, and even then cable would STILL kno of it.

its not a matter of wut surf could do to cable, its a matter of cable knowin wuts comin n preparing for it. or simply usin telekinesis to knock surfer down before he can harm cable.

surf doesn't need telepathy or telekinesis since hes "indestructable" as you ppl say - an alternative to that IS telepathy and telekinesis when ur body isn't indestructable.

HarmonicFlo88
" Originally posted by JuggernautFan
i think people are confused with re-arranging matter here....... now bare with me for a moment.

to re arrange something means to take apart, and put into a new order. so if you have xyz and rearrange it would then be yxz. you are all talking about molecular conversion. as far as i know surfer doesnt have this power. that would be starting with xyz and completely changing it to a different substance such as abc. see the difference??? "

norrin, u said he would turn cable into a sandwich....thas molecular convertion. i doubt surf has that

Linkalicious
When does God-Like Cable make his first appearance?

HarmonicFlo88
Soldier x, now in cable & deadpool.

u can read summaries here http://uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/

Linkalicious
ok, i was reading about Soldier X, i just didn't make the connection. embarrasment

And i was planning on getting all of the deadpool vs. Cable series, but i didn't know it was "godlike" cable.

HarmonicFlo88
well god-like is just an adjective that got picked up to shortly describe cables awesome power. arachnoid described it well :

btw, wit that qouted...silver surfer does seem as no match.

norrin radd

Wynndar
i dont feel like telling the story....and by the way there is no such thing as "full poer" Hulk, beyonder has called him infinite in power and the tribunal has called him a threat to the universe...his power does not reach a limit.

Jug fan i think you asked me for the issue numbers...I dont have have my collection with me, im at school, 2200 miles from home...Norrin Radd might know the issues though...he turned tons of stone in the issue where both the Fantastic Four and the Hulk were featured, when he found Nova back alive, miles underground in like moleman's caves or something...he did the thing with the treasure and sand and diamond a few issues later, when the surfer and Nova had a skirmish with Terrax...u will see, it is not made up at all

Mav
Even if he did do all that (which I doubt), there is no way that Cable will have the time to process the fight. Surfer can fly at close to light speed, and with Galactus's help, has gone past. So by the time the nerves go up to his brain telling him to even attempt any of that stuff, the SS would have destroyed him, espceially if he wasn't holding back... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wynndar
Cable did a lot of impressive things in Africa those last few issues...however, I fail to see how his ability to help cellular humanoid's health and building sculptures, has anything to do with fighting a cosmic being like Surfer, nothing that Cable has done looks like it could be used as either a good offense or defense to someone who has destroyed planets when unleashing his full power (Battle with Morg)

Linkalicious
i think it really depends on Cable's ability to manipulate people's minds...and Silver Surfer's resistance to mind control.

If Surfer is an easy target to mess with, then Cable would make short work of him. Actually, I think Adam Warlock has been successful at gaining access to Norin's mind...so it would be somewhat safe to assume Cable is capable of similar acts.

Wynndar
the surfer is a cosmic being...how do we know Cable would even have an effect on him...Surfer has some inherent telepathic and mental powers...but the telepaths he has encountered like Goddess are Warlock are cosmic eings too...because Warlock has been in his mind=not a safe assumption

spyrokinesi35
wow, the polls are still tied, but I'm all for calbe

Wynndar
im surprised more people havent voted

spyrokinesi35
really, but it's been tied every since it started

Mav
Yeah, but Adam takes adavatage of the soul, which is SS weak point. His mind, however is quite strong.

Maelstrom
I think Cable's telepathy will be the deciding factor. He could just draw Surfers mind, Power Cosmic awareness and all onto the astral plane and do battle with the power cosmic awareness first. Is Cable strong enough to destroy the entire astral plane in order to destroy the Power Cosmic? If that could happen and I'm not sure Cable could defeat that kind of awareness, now that someone mentioned it. Still "if" that would open up all kinds of "new" power planes for Cable to work with or on.
Through the entropic destruction of both plane and awareness would come new growth that Cable would have first dibs on.
Meanwhile the fight would rage between raw Power Cosmic"Blind" and a Telepath who can bodyslide across the Universe and still wiper death in your ear. I dunno but it'd be a hell of a fight.
I just tend to give the edge to a telepath even over someone more powerful than Surfer, someone who has time power for example. raver

Mav
Power Cosmic is left over energy from the big bang. Cosmic Awarness is something else. And Cable won't have the time to do all that because SS is so incredibly fast, his body would be worthless in the time.

HarmonicFlo88
lol well if ur gona talk bout "reading posts" i suggest u stop reading posts from ppl who share ur perspective. concerning u bringing up surf being telepathic...wut does it matter if surfer has telepathy or not? a greater telepath such as cable can render surfs' telepathy useless. also, i highly doubt that its that easy for surf to simply see something and turn it into a sandwitch....which is less impressive when you're cable, who has tha power to control surfers surroundings, surfers own BOARD, or surfers BODY itself. this isn't ur old cable folks, try imagining him as he is currently written.

how would surf know exactly when "nerves go up to his brain telling him to even attempt any of that stuff"? more importantly, i assume u mean surf will attack cable at that great speed...a telekinetic forcefield could easily handle that situation. as i've stated before, even though cable is destructable, his powers are incredible. even his vision is vastly improved for he can see thru others eyes with telepathy, while telekinetically smashing buildings on surfer. all this while cable eats a sandwich molecularly converted by surfer, lol. i've come to a conclusion, which is - Nathan wins.

HarmonicFlo88
Also, cables telekenesis is powerfull enough to create an indestructable forcefield. so even if his body is destructable he can continously generate an indestructable forcefield throughout tha entire fight. thus ruling out surfs' advantage of being indestructable. tha posibilities are limitless, and if any of u kno cable...he is a very skilled combatant. any combat experience surfer has, cable out-does. not to mention his tactics prior to his god-like status, was strategy outside of using powers and weapons....and now that he HAS god-like powers, its all just a bonus.

Mav
What? Are you kidding? How exactly would Cable do something as Manipulate Surfer's own body? Would you explain this to me? And the "Nerves go up to the brain thing" is me saying that SS is so fast, Cable wouldn't have time to comprehend what was happening.... And thus wouldn't have time to put up a TK shield before SS had already drained the Calcium from his bones.

I also assume that they both know each others ability, thus SS would not hold back and take hits, he would just wipe Cable away.

Mav
Your list is so off its amazing... How could King Thor not be at Odin level. And I've read comics where normal Thor beats the Destroyer. X-man would be Battered by the Hulk, and where is Jim Jaspers? He is a more powerful version of X-man, and the Fury beat him.

Arachnoidfreak
Never's list is more accurate than Mane's.

Anyway, I love this new Cable and all, but I vote for Surfer. Although, Surfer is a pacifist, and would resort to talking before actually fighting. This is where Cable's advantage is.

norrin radd
SS could simply destroy earth, and then lets see who will survive in space, SS or Cable.

HarmonicFlo88
Cable can move any matter, dont tell me surfers body isn't matter. though it would prolly be harder for cable to manipulate surf's body, it isn't impossible. cable could still take control of surf's board, can he be lightning fast then? of course wut i mentioned is a fraction of cables full potential...now that he has full control of his powers. there is no measure of wut he could do since there are countless substances he controls, resulting in limitless possibilities. cable would know of surfers ability, as u mentioned, therefore he would put an indestructable telekinetic forcefield from tha start of tha battle. its common sense.

thas really cheap, and ruthless to all that would die, and not to mention uncharacteristic for surf. face it, surf would lose. BUT OK, lets say that surf DID destroy tha earth as cheap and careless as that is not to mention surf would get jumped by a million powerfull beings...for it to be a fair fight surf would have to let cable wear some sort of suit - since surf is fighting someone who isn't a cosmic being, as he is.

norrin radd

norrin radd

HarmonicFlo88
Norrin Radd - Wit a name like yours, i prolly couldn't convince u no matter how hard i tried. end tha discussion? why man? tha polls show this is a good match up, if noone else thinks so :-/.

besides u cant just say *anythin* jus to support surf, if u cant think of anythin "real" than just admit that cable would win this one.

btw u haven't convinced me how surf could prevail either :-p.

Molecule man
In terms of power levels they are evenly matched but as i said before Cable got a human body...

HarmonicFlo88
A human body that could be just as protected to equal surf's indestructablility. since cable has tha power to augment a telekinetic force field, i'm yet to understand why ppl are using surf's cosmic/indestrutable body to support him being tha victor.

Molecule man
If they take the battle in space and they both get exhausted, Surfer will survive while Cable will freeze to death or blow up in space that's why

HarmonicFlo88
Norrin radd suggested somethin similar, this was my response

Molecule man
No Surfer don't destroy mother earth laughing , they just decide to fight in space so they don't hurt anyone

HarmonicFlo88
Read tha whole qoute... laughing

"for it to be a fair fight surf would have to let cable wear some sort of suit - since surf is fighting someone who isn't a cosmic being, as he is"

Molecule man
Who cares abt a fair fight? We just wanna know who will win a fight between Surfer and Cable right

Linkalicious
"being in his mind" is something that would happen because Silver Surfer allowed it. Breaking into his mind is a totally different aspect.

And If you're going to go off and say "Adam Warlock is a cosmic being too" I don't see how that would warrant your reasoning as "a safe assumption" either.

Warlock wouldn't be able to do the things that Cable has been successful of doing on Earth.

HarmonicFlo88
Surf IS a cosmic being is he not? cable IS a human-mutant is he not?
Obviously, surf is stronger in space...thas where he usually hangs.

So for surf to come to earth to fight a human-mutant and THEN take him out in space - since cable is too strong on earth? thas UTTERLY pathetic. yes thas also not fair and i'll tell u why that has to be fair, simply BECAUSE surf is a cosmic being and hes fighting a humant-mutant, he must make tha surroundings fair. or else tha whole battle is pointless.

Surroundings should always be equally helpfull/unhelpfull to both parties.

norrin radd

HarmonicFlo88
admirable honesty, i respect that.

HarmonicFlo88
I have a feeling there gona have a "shake-hands" end in tha battle which will take place in tha comic.....if tha battle ever starts that is.

Which will truly suck.

norrin radd

norrin radd
yes, i also think so, in fact cable and SS have no reason to fight each other.

HarmonicFlo88
If LT ever needs to do somethin, he never engages in a battle. as u put it, he snaps his fingers....thas not fighting therefore there is nothing to be fair or unfair. it is simply a being in charge of making sure tha multiverse is safe.

Cable and surfer on tha other hand : surfer is not that powerfull to where tha ENTIRE battle is unfair. Its simply pathetic to drag cable out of earth, where cable would possibly win. Surroundings, like i said...must always be equal to both parties. that is only ONE thing that has to be fair. Surfer may be more powerfull and durable in a match up, if he is so damn good as you ppl defend him - then wuts tha use of goin outa space anyway?? i think most of you are in denial, i say that to explain ur radical reasoning to support surfer.

norrin radd
i was joking. But yes he is that damn good.

Molecule man
Going to space just to spare people, they could very well fight on earth and Surfer will still be the last man standing just because his is more durable.

HarmonicFlo88
Again....sigh......cable can render himself just as durable.

ceediddy
So would Surfer easily defeat Nate Grey (X man?)

Nate was always portrayed as one of the most powerful peopel on the planet.

HarmonicFlo88
totally random...but hell fcuk no. nate grey would own surfer faster than cable would.

ceediddy
It wasnt random.

I asked that in that way to see what people wuld say about that match up. It seems many peopel dont realize Cable's current power level.

If i would have said the usuall Cable & X man powers similiarites, the fanboys would try to discredit X-man powers if mentioned along side Cable's.

Without Cable's name being mentioned many peopel would think that X Man would be a match for the Silver Surfer.

HarmonicFlo88
damn, you shoulda private messaged that. ur brilliant plan is out now. mad

Wynndar
Cable seems to be much better than x-man because he doesnt get ill every time he cuts loose with his power...however, I have yet to see Cable use his power for anything so intense as what x-man has...yes Cable has done some planet wide effects, but that has nothing to do with fighting the surfer..."be careful surfer, I know how you fought Morg and Thanos, but watch out for Cable, he turned everyone's skin pink!"

HarmonicFlo88
if you say that, u can also say "be carefull cable, even tho you're currently tha most powerfull mutant on earth...surfer is pretty damn shiny AND his cool levels are off tha scale, he has a SURF BOARD. Narly dude."

cable turnin ppls skin pink is minimal use of his infinite power.

HarmonicFlo88
Tha polllll hasssss spokennnn, lol

wrathofachilles
Saying Surfer would win if he takes the battle into space is absurd. When the hell has he ever fought anyone and said 'ok, let's move this out to space where I have room to maneuever?' He has no qualms about fighting on Earth, he's done it many times before. Considering Surfer is not a human being, Cable's pink powers would not affect him like they might affect Average or Mutie Joe. Surfer would win this fight, though as said, he would probably say 'we have no reason to engage in battle' anyway.

HarmonicFlo88
pink powers? LOL, well if u say that...i can say that surf has bald powers - to get down to ur level. i suggest u kno more bout tha new cable before coming to a conclusion.

heres an online read :
http://uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showfaq.asp?fldAuto=170

norrin radd

HarmonicFlo88
Norrin, ur correct in ur guess. as i've mentioned in tha "Cable VS Nate Grey AKA X-Man"... cable admitted himself that even without his techno-organic virus that keeps him from accessing his full power, he wouldn't be as powerfull as nate grey . which is why most ppl mistake cable having more power...he does not, he just has more control.

However, he is still immensely powerfull..able to take surfers "lightning-quick assaults" and etc. I'm not suggesting this be an easy/fast win for cable. i'm suggesting there are limitless things he can do, whereas surfs abilities are limited. also, as i mentioned before, cable can render himself indestructable. his vast TK and TP give him so much edge.

Wynndar
"Notes:
Science is really taking a backseat in this series. First, we have a virus that can be attached to light somehow and now we have Lansky lighting up the whole world. There also seems to be some timing error: if Deadpool can leave 7 hours later, how come his flight arrives at just about the same time as the Cable/Lightmaster fight (that took only seconds) ends. "

...taken from the site

Wynndar
surfer has more limitations than Cable?...um...isnt Cable still a living breathing humanoid?...I think you need to brush up on your knowledge of the power cosmic...surfer can use it for more effects than Cable can use his "powers" which are not really definable due to the mediocre writing in his book...little of what he does makes sense, and just like that site pointed out, they dont really seem to care about continuity

HarmonicFlo88
I duno wut ur suggesting. i can guess ur sayin tha story makes no sense so therefore ..... cables powers also make no sense.

Writer is Fabian Nicieza, hes been writin some good stories for marvel for a long time so...

flight schedules? gime a break

HarmonicFlo88
Since we WERE talkin bout fightin on earth, wut does havin to breathe have to do with tha battle? Surfer can use his powers to more effects than cable? cable can do anythin wit an object...and telekinesis works on everything. he could do ANYTHING.

Wynndar
um...being mortal and needing to exchange molecules with the environment is a limitation

HarmonicFlo88
Um... cable can shield himself from tha environment.

norrin radd

norrin radd
yes, but sooner or later he has to eat or go to the WC

wrathofachilles
The 'pink powers' was a reference to the guy who came up with that term smart ass. And saying Surfer has bald powers is about as asinine as anything I've heard...at least today. Cable utilized his powers to turn people pink, Surfer has never utilized his powers to turn anyone bald. Ergo, ignorant statement.

ceediddy
You know what? u got all emotional. And still never answered the question, of X Man vs Surfer.

The question was asked in regards to being objective and subjective.

another note i said on earth. and i never said that the surfer was from earth, overly emotional. I was saying that in regards of Nate Grey's standing ON EARTH. You probably think SS is more powerful than Franklin Richards.

And guess what, Silver Surfer is one of my long time faves.

So, since u chose to reply answer the question, in a nutshell would SS beat (full potential) Nate Grey? YES or NO

wrathofachilles
Yes.

But you weren't asking me, lol.

norrin radd

HarmonicFlo88
Oh really? so how come u didn't support Nate Grey along wit me in cable vs nate grey?

and just so u kno, cables powers are at full control and full potential...and they are not far from nate grey's... plus he has remnants from his techno organic virus e.g. bionic arm and eye. which would definitely aid in fightin surf.

Ok u seem like a smart guy, so im guessin that was a fluctuation? i was clearly being sarcastic wen i said "bald" powers. simply, saying cable has pink powers is an ignorent statement....cable has telekinetic/telepathic powers...skin turnin pink was one possibility of his powers. one possibility, whether its minor or major - doesn't define his full potential and shouldn't be defined as his power. THATS pure ignorence. Ergo, you're incorrect...mister architect from Matrix.

wrathofachilles
It's 'ignorant.'

wrathofachilles
And yes Merovingian or whatever Matrix character you want to be, I know Cable's powers are not limited to turning people pink; AGAIN, that was a reference to someone else's joke. I didn't even read the pink power issue, so I didn't know what he did. I'm saying that Surfer is not going to be affected by his telepathic powers the way humans are. He's not human! He has limited telepathic powers himself, not to mention the cosmic power, which far outclasses the human power of telekinesis.

norrin radd
But i did, go read my posts in the nate grey vs cable, i always said that nate would beat cable.

norrin radd

wrathofachilles
Aren't they the same person? Yeah I know they're two distinct characters, but aren't they both the same son of Cyclops and Phoenix?

Paola
guys....don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

thank you...

wrathofachilles
He started it.

Paola
doesn't matter who started, just stop it, ok?

Ponem
*sneaks in*

Do you guy's really think Cable has a chance against Surfer? *laughs* Cable may be good, but whats he gonna do when Surfer blows up Earth? Oh yeah,....Surfer can do that roll eyes (sarcastic)

HarmonicFlo88
Ok norrin, i was referring to tha period wen i came in that thread....but i guess u already posted ur opinions prior to me joining. lol, to me it seemed like i was tha only one on Nate's side.

As for mister architekt/spell check, i didn't start it. i stated that if u can say "pink powers" i can say "bald powers", u made it personal wit ur response to that. but we must do as Paola has asked.

Just because cable is a human doesn't mean he can't be more powerfull than a cosmic being. e.g. franklin richards. u shouldn't dismiss cables powers, perhaps you're correct bout cables telepathy not being that powerfull against surfer but his telekinesis should have full effect.

Nate grey and cable are not tha same person, cable is tha born son of scott summers and madelyne pryor in another reality. nate grey was created from scott summers and jean grey's DNA which was painstakingly rendered by sinister for tha best possible outcome of power - nate grey at full potential+full control is tha BEST that summers/grey DNA could produce. thus making him more powerfull than cable ever can be.

Cable however is still immensely powefull, until recently he had tha techno-organic virus that he continously had to keep at a minimum threat - thich exhausted most of his powers. thas why ppl dont fully comprehend cables "new" power, since they've always known him to not be so powerfull.

Arachnoidfreak
That was idiotic.

Surfer would never blow up the earth.

Why is it that NONE accounts personality and fighting style when pitting two characters against each other?

Just because YOU would think of blowing up the earth and destroying 6 billion lives i nthe process, doesn't mean a {b]pacifist like Silver Surfer would.

Ponem
But he could do it, and if he had to , he would. Dont dismiss Surfer just because he is a pacefist. he would blow up Earth if it ment beating Cable.

Trust me, if Surfer and Cable go all out, there wont be much of us left to care if we get blown up or not, forces like that colliding in itself is world shattering, and you know it.

HarmonicFlo88
I guess noone accounts personality because surf might be really pissed off wen fighting cable. buf if personality was considered, cable would have even more edge in tha battle.

norrin radd
you are SO wrong, surfer would rather loose to cable then destroy earth any day.

HarmonicFlo88
He is just as wrong as some of you were in suggesting he would travel to earth and take cable OUT of earth and fight him in space where tha surroundings are devastatingly unfair to cable.

HarmonicFlo88
Plus, neither is a villian so i highly doubt they'd harm anyone in tha process.

norrin radd
i said he could destroy earth and i said he could send cable to space, but i never said he would do it, only said that he has the power to do so.

Surfer is honest he would never fight cable in that conditions.

Ponem
Perhaps, but Surfer wouldnt even fight Cable if it was to be on Earth...

Simply put; Cable doesnt stand a chance in hell if Surfer goes into bloodlust.

HarmonicFlo88
Hope ur not talkin bout tha current cable.

Ponem
yes i am. Surfer would stomp him if he went bloodlust on his ass.

HarmonicFlo88
Okay, explain wut he'd do and why cable couldn't defend it.

Ponem
he has the speed advantage by far. Surfer took out Greenlantern with one blow. he'd Cosmic Blast Cable to the next dimession.

HarmonicFlo88
Speed? not if cable took control of surf's board. and cable could swiftly move outa tha way of a blast or telekinetically shield himself from it.

Ponem
Are ye forgetting the distance factor here? Surfer can shoot/Kill Cable from Distances were Cable couldnt even survive, how's he gonna get the board then? wink

HarmonicFlo88
Cable can control things from tha other side of tha world. I'm not talkin bout movin a pencil or somethin, im talkin bout keepin an entire city in tha air.

Havoc470
i gotta go with ponem on this, i mean its the silver surfer for the love of cheeseburgers

HarmonicFlo88
Think outside tha bun.

Its Cable, for tha love of tacos.

Ponem
Thats just the world. I'd like to see him do something like that beyond Earth's athmosphere, thats something nate Grey didnt even do wink

HarmonicFlo88
Beyond earths atmostphere it is impossible to target someone who can fly. only way to do it is shooting huge rays, which would kill many - not surf's style.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>