omg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Royal Knight
Negotiators play waiting game with standoff suspect

One hostage released, several others still inside

UPDATE: GLENDALE --

Negotiations are ongoing between police and a standoff suspect accused of firing an assault rifle at officers, taking aim at his neighbor's apartment and possibly taking two men, a woman and her child hostage inside a Glendale apartment late Sunday night while reportedly under the influence of methamphetamine.

In the 16 hours since the barricade situation started, the suspect, Avalee Sears, 20, has reportedly opened fire at least six times with one of the stray bullets apparently coming within inches of a neighbor's head.

Early Monday morning, Sears, whose father apparently owns the Glendale apartment near 67th Avenue and Glendale, has released an alleged hostage with a bullet wound to the shoulder. An unidentified woman has also been spotted on the patio of the apartment holding both a child and allegedly a gun. It is unclear whether the woman is a victim or a suspect in the standoff.

The male shooting victim, who has not been identified, was taken to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries, and is cooperating with investigators, said Glendale Police Department spokesman Matt Brown.

Neighbors of Sears, who reportedly has a history of drug convictions, among other charges, said the suspected assailant is likely on methamphetamine.

See what is shocking about this article is that I know the person that is the suspect...it is sad to see this happen here to someone that used to be your friend sad ...I hope this situation ends peacefully with no one killed.

JKozzy
You should've posted this in the GDF, it's going to get muck in it now that it's in the OTF sad

And I hope that everything ends peacefully, too much killing in the world sad

WindDancer
I hope everything turns for the best. I'm sorry to hear what happen to your friend.

Royal Knight
it is scary to look at his mugshot...

and hearing this news has become a very big shock to me and my mother...

I knew him so well...I knew him since the 1st grade--who knew that something this horrible would happen

Linkalicious
You should go talk him down. yes

Succeed where the cops are failing....smile

Royal Knight
I can't...they have the whole neighborhood blocked off with the SWAT team and everything...

plus he wouldn't listen to me..since he has bi-polar disorder and high on Meth..He must have turned psychotic

Nazgulinthedark
messed thats scary, i hope everything is ok, and no one gets hurt yes

botankus
Fire a few rounds at the house. Maybe he'll talk to you then. wink

Linkalicious
so how did that whole ordeal end up?

botankus
Uh...I believe Royal Knight took my advice.

Royal Knight
No i didn't follow your advicestick out tongue

Link>...it ended better then i expected...both suspects gave up

It was sooo weird to see someone that used to be my friend on tv walking into jail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.