Villain For Spider-Man 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mookermadness
Who should be the villain for Spider-Man 3?
Venom
Green Goblin(Harry Osbourne)
Green Goblin(Norman Osbourne)(hey, it's a rumor)
Man Wolf
Dr. Octopus(another rumor)
Hobgoblin
Powered Up John Jameson
Lizard
Sandman

Mookermadness
Sorry. It was supposed to be a poll.

Mookermadness
please reply

The Ones
my bet gg2 and i hope its venom

KCDW
Of course it gonna be osbourne and the green goblin!But why not the punisher? There is word there is a 2nd punisher movie w/Thomas Jane possibly in the works!It fits in with the comic story and the revenge plot theme!Osbourne tells punisher that spiderman killed his dad! The newspaper makes him out as a criminal it really fits!It be a interesting twist to the story! My choices would be the goblin jackal sandman and the punisher as the bad guys,of course the punisher and spiderman become friends just like the comic!It be a different kinda twist to it!

captainam
that probably would be a pretty good movie if they do it right.

w=e=b=h=e=a=d=B
The villians were revealed in Spiderman 2 for Spiderman 3 right?? Harry(Green Goblin or Hobgoblin),The Lizard(college professor),Man-wolf(John Jameson)that all made cameos

Mane
wallbash

Red Superfly
MAN-WOLF?

Are people still believing the Man Wolf rumours? Oh dear.

And the Punisher movie was utter shite. Why was he "Mr. Nice Punisher" - the deaths were lame, and he did ONE or TWO Punisher-like acts in the whole film - when the entire movie should have been non-stop bad-ass interrogating, moodiness and killing innocent people to get to the bad guy.

I don't want to see Hollywoods Punisher anywhere near Spider-Man.

Mane
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard

Mookermadness
That idea isn't THAT bad. A little off, but not bad.

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
i hope its venom thats wut i heard but its just a rumor
it would be nice to have venom and carnage to smile

TheFilmProphet
Yes I'm sure pointless killing with no purpose or story is exactly what we need in a Punisher film. stick out tongue

carnificina
venom and carnage of course

Mane
no. i am a fan of symbiotes and i hope they dont ruin them by putting them in a movie

TheFilmProphet
I have confidence in Raimi. smile

Ice_Lightningo3
Venom - I hope not, its too early in the series.
Green Goblin(Harry Osbourne) - Again too early, I hope he comes in Spider-Man 4
Green Goblin(Norman Osbourne)(hey, it's a rumor) - I like it, and would be a huge shock
Man Wolf - Meh
Dr. Octopus(another rumor) - He'll be back...when? Who knows
Hobgoblin - Doubt it
Powered Up John Jameson - Dunno
Lizard - Most likey
Sandman - The story for Sandman is a bit far complex for the movies. But what do i know?

Lizard I think is most likely, but does Raimi want to go with a villian who is again close to Pete? I mean at the end of each movie so far, they have had one last remorce for what they did (even though GG was lying). They both found out Spider-Man is Pete and they both died (although were told). I think a villian who isn't really connected to Pete needs to come in. But who knows? Raimi is a genious!

Reborn Again
Let's see, first off... who the heck is Man Wolf? Second, you can scratch off Sandman. His character isn't enough to give him a prominent role, more of a secondary villain. Third, "Powered Up John Jameson"... huh?

As for the rest:

Lizard is a big maybe as Dr. Connors is mentioned in both Spidey movies. Norman Osborne / Green Goblin I is a no-go 'cause after seeing Spidey 2 they're not following the comics to a T so he won't return alive. Harry Osborne / Green Goblin II is a another big maybe due to the ending in S2. Hobgoblin is effy as they need to close the storyline on GG first and two of a similar character can be confusing. Doc Ock is either living or dead, artifical intelligence is a strange and wacky thing sometimes; his tectacles can rebuild his cells and DNA and force out the radiation absorbed from the atom sphere. And last and certainly not least we come to Venom. Seeing how Raimi introduced James Jameson in S2, this storyline is coming. No doubt about it. But not for S3. Too soon!

Drumdude1167
yes its true, there is going to be a spiderman 3, with the rate the franchise is going this spiderman crap could never end sick any who, i know there is going to be a new one, and they still haven't thought of what they should have for a new villain, im thinking it should be the venum charecter and harry osborn should do that. but the last movie peter revealed his identity to everyone so how could they play off of that, they need to do it so everyone knows hes spiderman, m.j., harry, subway train people, i know i sound like a dork no no no no im gonna need a beer after this beer What the f**k?

Cinemaddiction
Well, Sam said it won't be Venom, Harry couldn't be Venom, and he can't be Hobgoblin, and I think the only logical choice would be The Lizard and Green Goblin II.

Curl_Up&Dye
they should turn Mary Jane into a villain....

now that would make things interesting...

love vs. responsiblity

Mr Parker
If that disgraceful power ranger green goblin costume is back,that will be the worst villain to be brought back and HUGE mistake just like he was a HUGE mistake in the first film.He was such a laughable villain with a ventriliquest no mouth movement act of his.

Major Knight
k saying vemon or any of the other guys on your list for later is sad becuase i would reather see venom now then never becuase im pretty sure there NOT MAKING NO MORE AFTER 3. they have said no more after #3 for a long time but people still think there making more, it would be nice if they make more but they dont wanna ruin the series like bat-man. so i want venom in there now other wise no venom at all.

Major Knight
umm u would rather have a painted green man with tight pink shorts on. LOL i thought the suit was a big improvement. i prolly would have never gone if he ahd his gay original costume, thats the main reason i never liked green goblin i always liked gob more becuase he had a better costume.

Drumdude1167
what the ****, i started this ****ing thread, that really ****ing pisses me off

Red Superfly
Um - that's exactly what we got.

Mr Parker
Ive never said I wanted it to be exactly like the comics.I dond mind the matal green armour except he should have purple clothing over it.sorry but the costume in the movie is even more gay looking than the one from the comics.

spider-venom
mr parker is like the only sane one here

Wolfie
Well, from the end of Spider-Man 2 it's obvious Harry Osbourne is going to become the Green Goblin. They were gonna work with two villains in #2 but they didn't want to be like Batman (we all know those movies went to hell) or else they would've had the Lizard too.

I don't really like the idea of another Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin movie. I think they should have a different villain. My choice would be Carnage since Venom is getting his own movie.

The Ones
i agree on everything wolfie except carnage bit. it should be venom since carnage cant come about without venom and they will rush the story line and not tell it properly if they put both venom and carnage in 1 film

leowyatt
there's the hob goblin

shaber
Lizard is the only likely one of those choices though he is still not brilliant. The Sandman is rubbish and the rest are redundant!

Reborn Again
Redundant is too harsh a word as all the villains at one point have taught Spidey a lesson or two and he in turn has taught them. They all developed Spidey into the character he is today and vise versa.

Major Knight
well im not sure that the awsome costume they gave him in the movie would look as cool with gay spots of purple on him, i just cant see how purple would make the goblin look cool. i just think it looked best the way it was. i no u want eveything to be the way the comics were but i think this change was for the best.

valentine
well, if i remember how they did it in the oh so "amazing" tv series (ouch, bad pun!) you're all forgetting a couple of other canidates for the next villain. How about:
Mysterio (holocubes wud be cool!)
Scorpion (featured in the first game and looked freakin awesome in his bioarmour!)
Vulture (Decked out in tech armor like the goblin)
Hobgoblin (why not? harry sells goblin armor to keep ozcorp afloat?)
Rhino( doubt it, but...)
Shocker (pretty cool, featured in one of the games to i believe?)

and there are oh so many others that it could be! Personally, i'm waiting with baited breath for raimi's take on venom... judging by his "darktech" view on the series it cud be pretty cool. but in all fairness i think its gunna be a hobgoblin, gg2 tag team affair this time. Just as long as the hobgoblin armour looks as good as the gg armor im game.

Adding to this i think the strife of having his best friend as an arch nemesis will set the scene perfectly for spiderman4: venom. Just think.... everybody turns on peter and he has nothing... then a strange new power is given to him...... freakin awesome!

(note: in all fairness, with the way they're portraying the JJ character i wouldnt put it past them to introduce scorpion in the next film also)

DarthLazious
Green Goblin II and The Lizard.

lukester
Aren't Goblin II and Lizard confermed yet?

I thought they were AGES ago?!?

X-FAN
Personally i don't want the Green Goblin in Spidey 3, he was fine in the first but i'm not a fan of bringing back old villains. If i want to see GG i can just watch the first movie. I'd like to see a new one possibly the Kingpin and Chameleon or Venom witch most likely will not happen.

leowyatt
what make you say that

Spider-dane
Hello fellow fans... I'm from Denmark - "Would you like to know more - write me"...

Well the villain for spidey 3... To start up: Tobey has agreed to make 4 spidey movies as far as we know here in Denmark... So villains for the next two movies...

Venom: Venom is a character who, in my opinion is not duable on screen because to introduce him the movie would have to introduce the hidden wars (or what ever it is called in English) but it will be to big a "project" to put it into a script... So Venom no way... I know Eddie Brock is introduced in the sequel but no...

Green goblin (Harry): This would be a logic move because he finds out that Norman was the first goblin + his hate to Peter/spidey

Green Goblin (Norman): No! he's dead

Man Wolf: WHAT'S HIS STORY???

Dr. Ock.: No! His at the bottom of the Hudson

Hob Goblin: No, one to many!

Powered up Jameson:What's that story???

Lizard: this would be logical because he is introduced as Petes doctor in the sequel... So as a second story in spidey III, he would be good!

Sandman: To small a character!

leowyatt
i heard this is his last movie he really didn't want to
do them in the first place

BlackC@t
It'll most likely be The Lizard. It's logical to pick someone who has a relationship to Pete, because it teaches us that no matter who hard he trys, the people he cares for will always be the ones who pay. I'd really like to see Harry become the new Goblin. Raimi would be pissing off thousands of fans if he didn't pick him.

I thought the Goblin costume was pretty cool, it didn't look anything like a power-ranger, their costumes are made from cloth...The comic one was way too cheesy.

Stealth Agent
The villain is going to me mr. platypus's hell kill and kill until hes had his fill
on a normal day he clean sewers and stacks hay
but at night he gos evil and murders with no delay
he'll laugh and laugh and eat fat peoples calf's
but you will know hes not a bozo

i strongly agree on this opinion rock rock rock rock rock

radioboy121
How about a number of the Sinister Six group - Hobogoblin, Mysterio, Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Electro, and Sandman?

And maybe some emphasis on the Black Cat - Spiderman - Mary Jane love triangle.

JAE
i think its gonna be the lizard

JAE
i hope they make a 4th film with venom as the main villain. that would be a great finale

gls
a nice story would be if; GG does return (as harry) and wants revenge on peter. Kingpin is introduced...and hires GG to kill peter because he always ruins his various crimes. during GG's attempts to kill Spidey Kingpin starts his backup plans..(scorpion and Rhino) after GG fails to complete his deal more than once...Kingping hires Scorpion, Rhino, and Mysterio to finish the job. ---or a diff combination of villians. those are just some of my favs..

JAE
are you serious? it wont fit in one movie. too much character to introduce.

i like eggs
venom & carnage! hell yeah!

i like eggs
JAE is right. u can't fit all that in one mvie unless u want it 2 b 3 hours long

fruits
i dont think theyll go for man wolf, cuz hes not really a very well known villain in the spiderman universe. like, only comic book fans will know about him. cuz like everyone else prolly had heard of the green goblin and doctor octupus, so yeah. well, the end of the last movie certainly made it seem like harry would be the green or hobgoblin in the next movie. i think just not to confuse ppl, if thats the case, theyll have harry change the costume and stuff somehow, and make him the hobgoblin, even though he was never the hobgoblin in the comics. the lizard is a possibility, but i think they just had those cameos to make it more of a comic book feel, cuz u can see other recognizable characters from the comic in the movie. venom is definantly a possibility. my guess is hobgoblin in the next movie, with the end of it having something to do with symbiote leading into something with venom or carnage. waht they could even do, is have john jameson go into space, but instead of finding that crystal that turns him into the wolf man, have him somehow bring back symbiote to the earth, and then lead into a venom story or something. i dunno

i like eggs
its not going 2 b the hobgoblin or green goblin, sam rami even said so. he said that the movie was gonna have 2 villains. better be venom & carnage beer

i like eggs
who da hell is mr.platypus?

i like eggs
how r they gonna fit that in 2 a movie?

i like eggs
Venom would b cool 4 da fourth film but they're only making one more.
raimi said so mad

Mainstream
I want there to be 2 villains in every movie from here on out. I'm thinking Harry as Green Goblin and The Lizard in Spidey 3. Then in Spider-man 4 Venom and Carnage. Then again if Venom is the villain that may be all they need. Maybe have Spider-man fight Venom in Spider-man 3. I know that what a lot of people want. Maybe Venom and Shocker in Spider-man 3. I mean Shocker has appeared in the last 3 video games. It's almost like Hollywood is hinting he'll be in a spidey movie.

ConfusiousInc
as far as villians in Spidey 3 go (which is now rumored to be the last film in the serie, may be confirmed now but hope not) lets run down our choice.
Venom- Venom is the coolest character but they haven't introduce Eddie Brock yet which means crappy back story to Venom. Plus, venom would most likely end up looking like the Hulk( the peice of CG diaster. Hollywood can't do nothing right.)
Green Goblin - I pretty sure Norman's dead so we can rule him out, and Harry should take on his father role but why does he need to be the only villlain? Wasn't he sort of a villian in 2?
Hobgoblin - which is not Harry Osburne as many people say but is a billion you has a relationship with Felica Harty (who isn't in the franchise, and who Peter is suppose to have a crush on in Highschool)
The Lizard - Good spiderman villian but they haven't done enough to set this up yet in the movie so i don't think it will happen in 3
Man-Wolf(John Jameson) To obscure to have as a title villain in the movies. Remember this is Hollywood
Doctor Octopus - Pretty sure he's dead too.
Sandman - don't it they haven't done athing to set it up either, plus his obscure to and it's a pretty complex story arc.
Vulture - we haven't see anything of him yet though he has been a major villian in the spidey series.
Mysterio - One of my favorite villians (love that he was in Spiderman 2 the game) Mysterio seem to fit the movie world for if they follow the kind of story that was in the game where he tries to prove spidey's a fruad it fit good with spidey self-doubt in the movies.
Shocker - Been in the games too much so i doubt he jump to the movies, just thought I'd throw him in though
Kingpin - Yes I know he was in Daredevil (Ben Affleck a superhero yeah right) but he is the ruler of New York so he could make that jump. They could then include Alister Smith too.
Kraven - I think he fits the Spiderman movie world well too. I would love to see him a Spiderman swinging and jump through the city as they battle.
Well that is want i have to say I sure Raimi will do good with however he picks. My choice are Kraven, Mysterio, or The Kingpin just seem to fit the story the best. Well tell me waht you think

ConfusiousInc
More villians and what i think ( I know not like anyone cares)

Scorpion - Scorpion would be cool it would fit in with JJJ hatred for Spidey and (if they are making more movies) introduce the radition tretments used to created Spiderman(originally), The Lizard and Scorpion.
Rhino - Again if they brought the Kingpin in the could use him a one of his kronnies, but I don't it for the main character.
Chamleon - He would fit good in the story. You could deffinately use him to but some tension on Spidey's relationships. He really would only work if there making more then 3 movies.
Electro - He's cool. I don't think he has a lick of a chance to make it into the movies but he's cool.
Hammerhead - Only think he'd work if the Kingpin was again brough in.
Hydro-man - I don't think to many people remember this guy, so I doubt he'd be in the mix.
Jackal - I'm sad to say I don't really know that character so I'm not going to comment on it.
Green Goblin - Yes I did mention him in my last post but only in relation to the osburnse. What about the other two --> Dr. Bart Hamilton, or Paul Ulrich. Everyone would think it's Harry, Spidey include but it's not...
The only thing I have to say is don't rule out John Jameson and Mary Jane being together just because MJ and Spidey were together at the end of 2 doen't mean that will be the case at the beginning of 3. (They have a rocky relations folks.)
Thereare more choice for the as far a villians go in the comics most could never be brought to film. I still like Kingpin and Smythe as the next villains. don't think I'll get my wich though. I like Scorpion, as the villain i think that would be an awsome villian. I think the movies need a croos over i a hope to see it in one of them (X-men, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Vegence, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Spiderman .) I really hope they do a cross over. Croos-over comics are the sweetest ones and that would be cool to did it in the movies.

NoFate007
I think Mysterio, Shocker, The Lizard, and Elektro are the only possible villains if he doesn't choose Venom. But also, I think if he picked one of them, they aren't as cool as the Green Goblin and Doc Ock were, and people don't know them as well, so the movie might suffer because of that. I think if they had Venom in it, it would definitely be a success at the box office, and I think most fans would agree that now that they have half the movie open (since theres no more Mary Jane stuff) it would be ok to establish Brock and the suit in that time and have him battle Venom. I think it would be a perfect setup if the movie was like this...

They have a villain or two like Shocker and Rhino, two minor characters that can do a lot of damage, and serve as the movie's opening action pieces. It could start off with the spaceship crashing, and him finding the suit, then he can battle the two of them in the suit while suffering its consequences and building up Brock's character. The suit could make him have a few problems with Mary Jane because of a power driven ego and stuff. Then he can get rid of the suit, fix things with Mary Jane, but Brock will get the suit and Venom will terrorize for the rest of the movie, (and it ends with Brock in jail and the symbiote spawning...if they were about to do 4 with Carnage).

NoFate007
Scorpion might also fit with either Shocker or Rhino as the character in the beginning, I forgot about him.

TheVapor
I dont think hobgoblin and green goblin are good villians. one goblin movie is enough for me. as fo having venom and carnage as the two villians. no. why.
1.we haven't seen Eddie in any of the movies so far so he has to be introduced develop his character and all that.
2.Kletus Kassidy is the same thing. he has to be introduced and also has to have character development
3.The symbiote bonded with Peter first and then attached to Brock.
4.Brock turns into venom and goes after spidey.
5.Now if carnage is to be in there too spidey and venom fight once venom loses and turns into Brock. Then goes to jail meets Kletus an then the two have to break out. Then a new symbiote spawns off of venom and attaches to Kletus.
6.Then Venom ends up fighting carnage and loses. Then the third and final battle spidey and venom fight carnage and win.
7.plus add existing character development

In my opinion trying to have venom in a movie alone seems to work out just fine with the exception that Brock is introduced and his character develops poorly. But adding carnage is **** near impossible unless the movie was 3+ hours which i wouldn't see and secondly isn't going to happen. So IMO carnage definetly not. Venom is a big possibility depending on how the story goes but my picks are Lizard and scorpion so thats my opinion on things cool

poncho73
OK people. I was routed here from another post (for whatever reason) by someone trying to prove that the villains had been chosen for part 3 already. I haven't seen anything to prove this. I have seen the word "rumor" so many times, that I am ready to scream, but no proof. Proof?: yes, proof. A link to an interview with those in charge. An article from the actors themselves, anything would be proof.

I moved away from comics when the price of one title cost the same as a happy meal, but it seems to be the consensus that Venom be the next villain. After reading this entire thread, I will say that I don't think that people are thinking it thru. To bring Venom to life, you would have to either find the biggest, most musclebound guy to play him, or its over to CGI. We have a little to much of that going on now as it is.

lukester
The villains in SPIDER-MAN 3 are:

1. Harry Osborn as THE GREEN GOBLIN

2. Curt Connors as THE LIZARD.

They might (and probably not) deside to introduce an Eddie Brock cameo, leaving it open for Venom in the next film, but it doesn't look like that's gunna happen at the moment.

There is nothing else to disscuss here. This link may as well be closed.

muffin man
green goblin Harry duh.
he may have a partner but it's obvious just watch spider-man2

Mainstream
Venom or Scorpion would be cool with me.

Bardock42
I'D hope it wasn't Harry but I think it is I mean the end of 2 looks pretty obvious. If it wasn't I would be happy.

Rayfk4
what about harry tweaks the suit and becomes the hob goblin, and partners up with the lizard

TheVapor
I'm hoping that spidey 3 doesnt have green goblin in it. There are plenty of villians out there to be picked and how original would it be to have ANOTHER goblin in the series. If they choose to have a goblin in sp3 im hoping it's Hob Goblin . also theres the fact that pete is his friend and when he heard his fathers voice inside his saying "Avenge Me" he says No really loud and throws something at the mirror he saw his father in. but who knows?

anyway the villians i think should be in the movie are Lizard definetly and Manwolf. IMO i think it would be interesting having those two in the movie. also i think it would be interesting if when spidey was fighting the lizard and was getting his *** kicked and it was on the news and harry saw it and decided to help peter out. and so he puts on the goblin outfit and gets the glider, fills up his arsenal and goes to help pete. IMO i think it would be interesting. you might think it would ruin the movie. who knowsit could be the other way around and Harry helps the Lizard. cool

moviejunkie23
green goblin Harry duh.
he may have a partner but it's obvious just watch spider-man2

.......................................................................................................
no thats not true, read some interviews from sam rami

NoFate007
Just because they showed it at the end doesn't mean that he'll be GG in it. Time does lapse, remember that. He could wait a while before he does that, who knows. They showed Jameson, and he didn't turn into Man-Wolf immediately right? lol.

TheVapor
What would be interesting is if they could get four villains into spidey 3.
This is how I think it could work:
>It's been two years since we left Peter and He and MJ are planning to get married, and harry is getting closer and closer to following in his fathers foot steps. He has been drinking a lot and other stuff.
>One night as Spiderman is patroling the city he sees his college professor driving in his car and slightly behind him is a car chase. Spidey lands on the car with thugs and try to stop them but they ram right on into the side of Dr. Conners car. In the process of crashing his car and getting thrown out the side he loses half his arm. Spidey rushes him to the hospital to be treated.
>Next day pete goes to the Daily Bugle and finds out from his boss that his son will be going to the moon the next day. We also meet eddie brock and learn some about him.
>When his college Prof. tells peter that he has a plan to grow his arm back pete volunteers to help. together they start working on a serum to inject into him regrowing his arm. the serum containing regenerating lizard cells.
>Also Pete visits his aunt may where she is now living and finds out she is doing a little better than before. One night Harry loses it and decides to become the second green goblin. but he would need an ally. looking through news channels and newspaper headlines learns of a burgular caught and thrown in jail called Herman Shultz who he learned was great with tools. he brakes out Shultz and together create his vibroshock units and uniform.
>Next thing that happens is we see John Jameson on the moon. He finds a wierd goo substance and keeps it in his study box. he also finds a ruby.
>Next John comes back to earth and gives a speach about his trip to a group of people outside. But it is a full moon and soon the ruby turns him into manwolf. Eddie who is there to take pictures is overjoyed to get some good pictures. Pete who was also there with MJ turns into spidey and fights manwolf. After about a ten minute or less battle Spidey overtakes man wolf.
>a couple days later Green Goblin 2 and Shocker attack a bank to lure
spiderman. it works and the three fight. Spidey cant seem to get near shocke and GG2 attacks him full force.he is able to attack shocker from a distance and soon takes him down and soon forces both of them into retreat.
>Dr. Conners uses the serum he's made and slowly he transforms into the lizard. GG2 and Shocker attack again and are able to weaken spidey and are about to destroy him when the lizard shows up and attacks the two of them and easily crushes Shocker. He then fights GG2 and the glider and the armor take heavy damage. When Harry is close to death Spidey saves him and takes him to harry's house. Then spidey leaves and heads back to the lizard.
<Meanwhile the goo wich was really a sybiote breaks free and intercepts spiderman and attaches to him. then he and lizard resume their battle. Eddie is taking pictures but the camera i destroyed by lizard. In the end spidey wins over lizard as lizard i killed.
<To wrap it up JJJ says he'll pay spiderman back for the injury of his son, Spidey loses the symbiote and at the very end Pete and MJ get married. but the whole movie ends with a scene of Brock.

and that's it. basically a set up that if there ever is a four which would have Venom, Carnage, and Scorpion, and maybe another villian. wink

Rayfk4
they could also have harry make a whole different suit and become scorpion. the villians in S3 would be scorpion and lizard. if they do more S4 could be venom, S5 carnage and S6 venom could spawn of the other symbiotes in seperation anxiety so it would have all of them and carnage against spidey and venom. at the end they would all combine into hybird and get finished by spidey and venom

NoFate007
I still say the next would be best as Venom or if not him, then set up Venom for 4 and make 3 The Lizard with Shocker and/or Scorpion. If Venom for 3, then end it at 3 unless Raimi and the whole cast wants to continue. If Lizard with whomever for 3, then have Venom 4, Carnage vs Spider-Man and Venom for 5, and for the end of the series at #6, make it Smythe hiring all the other villains and have a huge free-for all against Spider-Man, Black Cat, Venom, etc.

Rayfk4
if he ends at 3 he should have it be venom

poncho73
OK, I will give ya'll this: you have very active imaginations. No sense of time, but very active imaginations.
Vapor, Doc Connors has already lost his arm.. rewatch S2 and notice when Connors is chastising Peter, that his sleeve is folded.
Ray, We have already said that another Goblin movie would be boring, so wouldn't a multiple Venom movie be the same? Also, Do you truly believe that they are going to make 6 movies?? Seriously, do you???
Finally, Fate, do you think that they have the time to introduce and develop 3 new characters?
Like I said, active imaginations, no sense of time. Lets say we get lucky, part 3 and a part 4. 4- 4 1/2 hours of story. No way to do hardly any of the things that ya'll came up with. Time is the enemy here people.

NoFate007
Shocker - Herman Shultz is a bad guy, he doesn't go under a transformation, done. No backstory needed, he's a hired goon.

Scorpion - Hired goon, goes under quick transformation, done, doesn't need much time at all, 5 minutes would do pretty much.

Lizard - already introduced, goes under a transformation. Granted he'd need the most out of the screen time, but think of it this way...

There is no Mary Jane love subplot going on now, he's got her. That was half the movie of the other 2 right there, so there is a lot of time to fill.

Venom-wise, half the movie to fill, plus the time you spend on normal villain coverage, you've got plenty of time.

NoFate007
Three issues took up time in Spider-Man 1:

1. Intro to Spider-Man's powers
2. Mary Jane love subplot
3. Development of Green Goblin

Three issues took up time in Spider-Man 2:
1. Spider-Man losing powers and abandoning the position
2. Mary Jane love subplot
3. Development of Doc Ock.

now, #3 is the time you spend on the villain. 1 and 2 don't exist anymore, so you have a lot more time to spend on this movie than in the first two. So take it this way, just for Venom for example.

1. Symbiote and suit powers
2. Spider-Man fighting other villains in the suit
3. Establishing Brock and Venom

Look at it that way, I definitely have a sense of time.

Spidey-fan44
I think it should go that way. Lizard I think is a garuntee. Hob Gob or GG2 is a maybe depending on if Harry wants to screw around with the suit or not. I could see the movie ending though with something about Jameson's son going to the moon again and atleast getting the goo to then form Venom. But I'm pretty sure that Tobey only signed a 3 movie contract and I think he even says that in one of the special features selections on the DVDs.

dami wilson
HULK, Batman, ninja turtles, wolverine or robo cop gone astray.

poncho73
Not bad Fate...but.... you knew I had a but coming...haha.... You are throwing in the towel. Now if you are able to come to the fact that they are probably not going to do a 4, 5.... then I think that you are ahead of the game. Your proposal makes perfect sense. It has, on average, been the SOP to tie up loose ends. If this is the case...(please let them do a better job than they did in the Matrix) this will be the end. So sense of time... im still on the fence. Sense of finality... YOU know your stuff!!!!

NoFate007
I have a feeling that even if they have to recast and such, they'll make at least a 4 because the film industry can't pass on money. If they don't have Raimi and all them, it'll definitely suck, but I have a feeling they'll make it anyway *cough*batmanforever/batmanandrobin*cough*

MKL93
can i just say to anyone who wants Kingpin is that its not going to happen. Fox own the movie rights to him cause he was in their movie "Daredevil".
And i don't want Venom in the next movie because i think they'll just mess it up.

poncho73
MKL, i have to disagree with you here. Because someone appears in a movie doesn't necc. mean that they are locked up. This was a supporting character. i think that if the character was wanted bad enough, then they could get him.

Since you mentioned the Kingpin: It would be way cool if say spidey is indirectly responsible for the death of Kingpins wife, Vanessa (if memory serves me correctly) and the Kinpin puts up a ton of money for the head of Spiderman. There is your bad guy: Vengence!! An orgy of bad guys.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dkingpin%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3DFP-tab-img-t%26fl%3D0%26x%3Dwrt&h=576&w=452&imgcurl=images.killermovies. com%2Fd%2Fdaredevil%2Fgallery%2Fmichael_clarke_dun
can_as_the_kingpin_.jpg&imgurl=images.killermovies. com%2Fd%2Fdaredevil%2Fgallery%2Fmichael_clarke_dun
can_as_the_kingpin_.jpg&size=32.9kB&name=michael_clarke_duncan_as_the_kingpin_.jpg&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.killermovies. com%2Fgallery%2Fdaredevil%2Fmichael_clarke_duncan_
as_the_kingpin_.html&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.killermovies. com%2Fgallery%2Fdaredevil%2Fmichael_clarke_duncan_
as_the_kingpin_.html&p=kingpin&type=jpeg&no=3&tt=14,682

poncho73
man i hate when the image doesn't come out

http://images.killermovies.com/d/daredevil/gallery/michael_clarke_duncan_as_the_kingpin_.jpg

superior
http://molki.free.fr/fakesv/images/dodge realy

bakerboy
The villains will be Sam Raimi, Sony and the scripters, as always.

Jeff-Man
hopefully venom.(since its the last movie and all)
they could find a way to do it in one movie some how.

poncho73
I don't know Fate, you have to consider the time difference here. Spiderman was created in 1962, while Batman popped on the scene in a Detective comic in 1939. Even if it was beating a dead horse with that series of movies, it was sorta expected. We are talking about a hero that can cross at least three generations here. My son loves Spiderman, and I grew up being a big fan. Batman on the other hand, was a comic that i read, my son loves, and even my dad has seen a few times. Spiderman is more a cult classic when compared to possibly the most famous superhero of all time.

http://www.universohq.com/quadrinhos/images/batman608_1.jpg

vs

http://www.focus.org.uk/images/spiderman1.jpg

doctorstrongbad
I think it will be the Lizard. I think he is a cool villian and hopefully they will do it right.

poncho73
Well doc, you seem to be in the minority. Many have thought this to be one of the villains to come, but few have stated that they actually want the Lizard.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/4925/lizard.jpg

Red Superfly
I have wanted The Lizard since they announced there may be a third.

Before that even.

I wanted Lizard since they announced there was going to be a Spidey film in the first place.

Screw Venom to be honest. I love the character but seriously, screw Venom.

Classic Spidey villains in a Classic Spidey Trilogy. Finito.

Lethal Carnage
Venom happy

doctorstrongbad
Well Venom would be good for a fourth movie. They should go with the lizard in 3. As long as they stay far away from the 2 villains in one movie crap.

Lethal Carnage
I hope Carnage is in Num 5

doctorstrongbad
Maybe, I guess anything is possible.

rainbow123
(not too important. Harry could just turn phychotic sorry if I speeled that wrong)New green goblin and lizard in my opinion. At the end of the movie, they can maybe give you a little clue, for the next villian.

badsymbiote
Oh, y'all are ALL wrong.

I'm the villain in the next movie.

Now we can stop all this speculation...

leowyatt
in your dreams maybe laughing

poncho73
in our nightmares you mean...ha ha laughing

poncho73
You pro'lly haven't seen my other posts, but i agree with you and have said it before, this is one of the main factors that killed the Batman movies IMO. Splinting our focus on villains.

poncho73
oops...hehehe embarrasment thats spliting our focus

AngelCorpse6977
Well, I think it depends on the two characters. I mean, if the two are somehow connected than I dont see the problem. Such as Venom and Carnage. However, in Batman they had the Riddler and Two-Face who had literally NO connection what-so-ever so it didnt make alot of sense for them to both be there. And dont even get me started on Ivy/Mr.Freeze............. roll eyes (sarcastic)

NoFate007
They couldn't make a Venom and Carnage movie though, cause Venom needs a full movie to explain himself before we bring Carnage in. They could only introduce Carnage a full movie after Venom. Anyway...I agree with you that they have to have a relation, or a very good writer to give them a relationship. And because of that...GG2 and Lizard doesn't make any sense no matter what you guys say. Smythe and Kingpin, that's a related duo (but that would suck). Hobgoblin and Green Goblin is a related duo, but having goblins (even just one) would suck to repeat already.

poncho73
What are you guys talking about? Perfect strangers? Evil yin and yang? Unless there is a super villain duo out there, that pr'lly won't work. the time to develop a quality pairing would be such that little else could be done in the movie. Now if a pair were dreamed up prior to the movie and little by little info is released, then you would have a good movie.

AngelCorpse6977
Well, you are right, a good villian duo is difficult to find. But I mean in the case of Venom and Carnage, you can't have Venom without Carnage (unless they completely change the storyline) so it would make sense if both appeared in the same movie at some point against Spidey. Unlike the above mentioned Batman sequels who had two characters with no connection simply for the purpose of having them in the movie. I'm not saying they should do two villains per movie, I'm just saying that if they did, they should at least use two characters who make sense when being teamed together.

I do agree though, that it would be more interesting to have a whole movie for Venom and then introduce Carnage at the end for a sequel.

NoFate007
What I meant with Venom and Carnage though, was that Venom is a character that requires a lot of explanation with the symbiote and such, so there would have to be a movie with just Spider-Man and Venom. Then the next movie would have the spawn and involve Venom and Spider-Man teaming up against Carnage. I think its a horrible idea to make a Venom movie. As I've stated on other topics, comic books aren't gonna work if you don't do it the way it succeeded as. A Wolverine movie is not going to be as good as X-Men. Catwoman couldn't hold its own. Elektra couldn't. I doubt if you took say, Storm and made a whole movie about her, it would be good at all. If there is a single solitary hero, you have that hero as the focus of the movie (i.e. Spider-Man). If there is a team, keep them as a team (i.e. X-Men). You can't have someone say "why don't we make a Sue Storm spinoff!" and expect it to be fantastic (yeah I just realized that that was a horrible way to put it, but it fits anyway). Venom as a movie would suck, but Venom in Spider-Man 3 or 4 would be awesome.

AngelCorpse6977
I WAS talking about a Spiderman movie with Venom as the villian. Not a Venom spin-off movie. I meant that Spidey should face Venom and then at the end of the flick, introduce Carnage for him to face in the next sequel.

fruits
im gonna have to say venom for the villain for spidey 3. maybe hobgoblin. but not the real hobgobliln, just harry osborn with modified green goblin equipment under a different name. non-fans who see the movie will get too confused with another green goblin

poncho73
here is an idea. Spiderman in the movies and the comics and TV shows had spidey afraid that someone would take advantage of anyone he knew if his id got out. In one comic spidey is dating the black cat and spidey gets pissed and rips the arms off doc ock. What im saying is that a rampaging spidey would be way cool

Time Of Evil
Well unfortunately spidey can'ty do that seeing as Doc Ock is Dead.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah but they have brought him back to life before in the comics.

poncho73
true, and the main point i was making, is that we truly don't have an idea of Spidey's strength. If it is like any one else's power, then when someone gets angry, IE my main man to the left, then they get that adrenaline going. That could mean that someone of great strength would get their ass kicked by spidey. Notice how in the 2nd movie we were shown more of his power?

NoFate007
This can easily be done by...you guessed it, the symbiote. Say the movie has Venom as the main villain (don't get on my case about it). Say this is how it goes:

Beginning involves an outbreak of minor villains such as Shocker, Rhino, Scorpion, Chameleon, whatever. The spaceship crash happens at the beginning and that gives him the symbiote. Then while we set up the thing with Brock and his hatred for Peter/Spider-Man, we show how Peter is dealing with the symbiote. As we all know, he goes nuts from it, so we can see him go insane and we'll see that power. Then he'll realize that its not right, get rid of it, and it'll be given to Brock. Then the rest of the movie has him adjusting to it, while dealing with Venom. There are always issues that are dealt with in the movies:

Relationship with Mary Jane - Brock knows who Spider-Man is, and therefore, MJ is in trouble.
Issue with powers - Symbiote
A Villain - Venom/Brock
Job problems - involves Brock

See what I mean? I think it not only COULD work, it would have potential to be the best. We don't need anymore scenes with Peter down in the dumps, or any more establishing of any characters such as Peter, Mary Jane, Harry or Aunt May, they're done right now as for who they are. I think this would be the best.

(As I stated, don't get all defensive about it. I know people on this board hate Venom for some reason.)

poncho73
i myself don't hate venom... i just think that you aren't going to like what you get. You, Fate have heard me say that they have ruined just about all my fav characters in movies and as soon as they finish Iron Man, it will be pretty much complete. If you really like Venom.. and judging by the amount of times you've called for him I'm going to say that you do, then hope that they go another way. If they go with your boy and it totally sucks, will I see you on this or some other screamin' and cryin'?

NoFate007
Honestly, I'd rather see a failed Venom than no Venom. Although, I never really liked the Green Goblin, I did like Doc Ock, and I think that the Spider-Man movies so far have been so great that I don't really think they would screw it up. I would complain if they did, yeah, but I think I'd have to pick a messed up Venom than to see GG2 and The Lizard, or something like Sandman and Kraven or whatever.

BlackC@t
I don't hate Venom, I just don't think he's the right kind of villain.

The Lizard and Harry as the new Green Goblin are fine by me.

doctorstrongbad
The lizard is the way to go.

Red Superfly
That's a big fat lie and you know it.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah come on now. Nobody wants to see a bad movie. Thats why nobody saw that carp movie with Ben and J-lo Jilli? I don't know what it was called but nobody saw it.

NoFate007
You can't tell me what I'd like to see, lol. I'm a big fan of Venom, I think he's the coolest, and I doubt that they would screw him up, but I like how Raimi has translated it, so I think I would enjoy it even if it wasn't exactly how it was in the tv show or something.

doctorstrongbad
Um okay I guess. It would make more sense if they slowly worked him into th plot of part 3 and he was the villain of part 4.

Inotex
have you seen who is going to play the villain?
he couldnt play venom, it will either be sandman or kraven

The Ones
it cant be sand man or kraven. the villain needs to be able to kidnap mj sand man cant do it and kraven cant. venom can and also some other villains

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by The Ones
it cant be sand man or kraven. the villain needs to be able to kidnap mj sand man cant do it and kraven cant. venom can and also some other villains

Why can't the sandman kidnap MJ. He tears down the front door grabs her and leaves. Um I don't see a problem.

The Ones
um. she would just go through the sand...

Next Venom_girl
Not another damsel in distress MJ!!! Seriously, three movies in a row? That's getting old.

The Ones
i know and its predictible

fruits
yeah, the sandman could kidnap MJ. he's not constantly sand. he can be as hard as he wants to whenever he watns to. the pic of the guy playing the villain could also be kletus kassady who later becomes carnage, but taht wouldnt make sense

The Ones
yea since carnage came from venom and the venom story would take the length of an average movie to do properly

poncho73
Originally posted by The Ones
yea since carnage came from venom and the venom story would take the length of an average movie to do properly

Give it up. i have tried repeatedly to tell this to them, but they don't want to hear the truth

The Ones
Here are a list of villains i would like to see in spider-man 3 (even if its not possible):

1. Carnage

2. Electro

3. Lizard

4. Rhino

5. Scorpion

6. Venom

the rest i wouldnt like to be in spider-man 3

Gonge2
spiderman 3 I think will have multiple badguys. They had some people in the last movie with cameos like doc Connors, John Jaemeson. I think they did that to size up the next movie. I mean spiderman could take down some of the those scrubs in 5 minutes. So I think it's not going to be one kick ass bad guy but rather multiple bad guys who are just decent. Since spiderman (in the movies not comics) has little expience with dealing with multiple mutants it would be a new challenge for him physically and emtionally (depending on who they pick).

If they chose to only have one bad guy it better be the Lizard. WHY: Not only will he rip spiderman to ****ing steak strips but he will do that to anyone he sees. He has personal connection with Peter. Has no connection to Mary Jane(not drugs hehe) I mean come on they used Mary Jane to get Peter really motivated to win in both movies. I mean poontang is great and all, but it would intresting to see Peter try win without the motovation of losing his sorce of pussy. Last he would be the first person other than venom that is stronger and faster than spiderman with no technology.

(oh and by the way if you don't like symbiotes eat me !)

The Ones
well your going to be disappointed. sandman is the main villain along with (rumor) hob goblin. Sandman yes hobgoblin not definite

Spiderman_RJ

doctorstrongbad
I hope they give sandman a lot of back story. the guy is an awesome bad guy and can hold his own against spiderman but he will need a lot of character development. I would like to see the lizard in a small role but not as a second villain.

fruits
hey, another suggestion, i say we make an official venom thread, cuz theres a kagillion venom threads in here.

Endenkton
Sandman for Spider-Man 3!!!!

fruits
thats the way its gonna be. not sure i can say im outstanded by that decision, but sandman WILL be in spiderman 3.

Doc Ock
Hey Fruits what villain did you want in SM-3???

I wanted Mysterio.

But I'm happy with Sandman too.

TheAnimal
shocker would be kool to see on film.

fever red
Originally posted by fruits
hey, another suggestion, i say we make an official venom thread, cuz theres a kagillion venom threads in here.

We have the Official Symbiote thread, which is intended to host ALL symbiote chatter. This was done so the forum wasn't swamped with sym talk. A few of the forum's most prolific posters are sym fans. We're also allowed a sym pic thread, to keep the other thread free of pics for those of us on dial-up. That's the logic as I understand it.

fruits
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Hey Fruits what villain did you want in SM-3???

I wanted Mysterio.

But I'm happy with Sandman too.
i kinda was looking forward to a lizard and harry as the hobgoblin thing going on.

but i also really want to see the Vulture kidnap aunt may

VeNoIIvII
Harry will not be a villin in Spiderman 3.......well i shouldnt say that for a fact...but its a strong feeling, and ive also read it in many places....Ive read that Harry will coem to realize that his dad was a mass murderer, and then he gets rid of the goblin suit, and all the other items that go along with it....so maybw we will see the Hob Goblin (remeber the hob goblin is not Harry)

Doc Ock
Harry will be a villain.

Count on it.

fruits
yeah, they've been building it up sooo much it would be SUCH an upset to make him get rid of the suit. and duh! i KNOW harry wasnt the hobgoblin, but for movie sakes, instead of making a green goblin 2, they'd prolly just make him the hobgoblin.

Mainstream
yeah fruits and remember Harry the Hobgoblin in the ultimate universe and by making the hobgoblin that'll give them a reason to redesign that *&^d^& suit.

Doc Ock
It is his destiny to become a Goblin.Just like in the comics.He now knows Peter is Spider-Man,he knows his father was the Green Goblin.Thats all he needs to push him over the edge.

Seriously do you think they will drag the Harry saga on into SM-4??? And just have him moping around blabbing about how Spider-Man killed his father over and over and over in SM-3??

Of course not.It's time to get REALLY nasty.Look out Spidey there is a new Goblin coming your way and it ain't going to be pretty.

nimbus006
But Ock do you think there gonna make him the Hob-goblin... i mean i hope not ... maybe Harry could play The Green Goblin 2 and Thomas Hyaden Chruch could play the Hob goblin... just a thought

Doc Ock
Two Goblins??? No way.Booooooooring.Two villains with the same power is suicide for the movie.

I really do believe Church is Sandman.He is very different from GG and Ock both personality and powerwise.

Thats good.Audiences will want to see a new and different villain.

Harry will be a Goblin.Make no mistake.Whether its Green or Hobby is def up in the air.Could go either way me thinks.

nimbus006
I want to see Hobgoblin but its just stupid to make Harry him. Its like my heart is telling me Hobgoblin but my mind is saying NOOOO! And yea i guess your right two Goblins wouldnt be that exciting, i was always optimistic about the Sandman idea anyway.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>