Saving Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xanatos
Lets face saving a guy being burned to death isn't easy.

So how does palpatine do it?

Could it have any thing to do with his acident.

PVS
quick, edit your title before its to late,
or you will have to live with the misspelling big grin

EDIT>>>just in time laughing that was close!

Sith Master X
It has been said that Anakin's deep hatred is what keeps him alive while he is badly burnt. The dark side is giving him some life.

Xam
i agree SMX

Xanatos
It keeps him alive but as we know he is still being very badly burned.

Sith Master X
That's true. We'll see how it all works out come this May. I can't wait!!!

Spiderdrew8
This is what I think will happen--After Anakin falls in the lava, his deep hatred will keep him alive. Then, Palpatine uses a dark side healing trick, but it uses a lot of his power(which is also the reason for Palpatine's apperance in the OT)

Xanatos
Thats one of my theorys to.

Sith Master X
Yeah, that theory works.

ESP07
I cant remember who the interview was with(Lucas/mccallum/pablo) but it said to think of Anakins injurys as the result of an industrial "accident"

Jedi Priestess
I too am going with this one. yes

jedijunky1138
Do you guys remember in ep2 when Anakin said that one day he will be able to keep people from dieing? Maybe he for sees his fate and plans his own suit. Remember he built 3PO as a child, he is good at fixing things.

Sith Master X
That's a good analysis, but I doubt that happening.

jedijunky1138
Explain SM, I value everyones opinion. cool

Sith Master X
Well I dunno really, I think that really was a good analysis relating it to what Anakin said in AOTC, I just can't see the bearded one writing that into the script for Episode 3 that way, but anything is possible. smile

jedijunky1138
could be. but it will be exciting to see the way things play out on the big screen.

Sith Master X
I agree. I can't wait to see how everything falls together.

Cipher
It might be interesting if the dark side kept Anakin alive. That adds to his sacrifice in Ep. 6 because he knew that forsaking the dark side would be fatal.

captainmidnight
i dont know...i dont see no healing trick or anything like that only becouse if he did in fact use a dark side healing trick,why would anakin need the suit......i think its simple,vengence keeps anakin alive!!!

darktim1
sounds interesting can't wait to see for now may force be with you.

VengeanceGOD
Stop ending every post like that. It's really annoying.

PVS
i dont mind confused

dont cramp his style stick out tongue

Xanatos
Perhaps to fully heal him he would need to give his own life to save Anakin.

Funny We know pretty much every thing in the movie, yet we know almost knothing.

captainmidnight
hmmm...emperor palpatine by this time,being near the end of the movie,has got what he ultimately wanted...the galaxy...though anakin is important to him,i dont think he would do something as foolish as risking his life for anakins...palpatine would not risk his life for anyone!!!

Xanatos
Wich is why Im saying he wouldnt fully heal him.

captainmidnight
he doesnt heal him at all,the suit does......

Xanatos
Where did I say, HE Heals Him.

I've said it's possibe that he helped keep him alive till he is put in the suit.

Xam
may the force be with you stick out tongue

captainmidnight
then what the hell does this mean????

captainmidnight
or this,what does this mean?

captainmidnight
so your thinking palpatine would do SOMETHING to keep anakin breathing until they flop him into the suit.....what...what do you think it is. i dont think he does anything anakin is still alive even though he's burnt,palpatine does do SOMETHING he plops him into a suit.

randi_jedi
Well, palpatine needs anakin. Why would he recruit him from the beginning. He know how powerfull he can be to the dark side. The debate is, does the suit weaken the midichlorian(sp?) count and thus weaken the soon to be Darth Vader. Would a weakened apprentice hurt or help Palpatine. Of course he would be more able to control him, but he wouldn't be as useful. Plus, the force flows through everything, so would having mostly a mechanical body debilitate him at all? All this has to be thought through to determine the emperors possible motives for saving/ not saving Anakin, if he had any at all. Sorry, I know that this didn't answer anything, but I think it helps to look at the question as logically as possiblesmile

mephistodesigns
If its in "the tree, the rock, even between the land and the ship" I would think it can flow through metal. Metal is a naturally occuring thing, why wouldn't the Force flow through it?

randi_jedi
Okay, I just hit on this like five minutes ago. The force is never gonna weaken Anakin or get weaker within him(if the force is all encampassing) But the force didn't keep anybody alive forever. I think that his hatred and feeling of betrayal, plus the massive force power within him saved him. Heck, the force flows through everything, so why not lava too? Maybe he manipulated it? Maybe Obi Wan did? Who knows, like 6 people. Could you imagine being those people? I bet it feels like being god....for like 6 mossmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.