Thanos VS Surfer and the hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazyspinz
this thread is for wrathofachilies

to make it fair, thanos is blind folded lol

wrathofachilles
Again. Um...no. lol

crazyspinz
lol, well lets see wut everyone else has to say about it

wrathofachilles
Besides, originally you said Thanos would beat Surfer AND Hulk AND Thor. The addition of Thor makes it a much more emphatic
'um...no.' wink

crazyspinz
thats why this forum is cool, we can be totaly arguing in one thread, but agreeing in an other

wrathofachilles
Arguing? Whatever do you mean? I'm just saying you're wrong. Who's arguing with that? lol

crazyspinz
well, this thread will get realy old realy fast if its just me and u "disagreeing" and if it comes to that, i will be right via i have more posts than u lol

wrathofachilles
You have an odd little system of logic. What color is the sky in your world? lol

crazyspinz
sky?

wrathofachilles
well I imagine the land of ice and snow must have a sky to put that midnight sun, lol.

We're going to get yelled at by Paola if we don't incorporate a battle into the discussion, so I say Thor would would beat Thanos, Surfer, and the Hulk blind-folded and without his hammer!

crazyspinz
i dont think so, thanos has like weekly surfer beat downs, and hulk is like a angry kid to him, and as for the sky in my world, it is rather blue,

and my sig is a lead zeplin refferance, and dont even begin to say they suck, jimmy page would take on all comic book characters ever made

wrathofachilles
Do you mean Led Zeppelin? If you like the band you'd think you'd spell it right, wink I didn't say they sucked, were you even alive to listen to them back in the day though lol?

And yes, Thanos beats Surfer like a Frenchman in Berlin, but Hulk is not a kid to him, and again, Thor is the superior warrior of them all. Not counting the Gauntlet of course.

crazyspinz
first of all, surfer can beat thor, but wer not talking about this (paola was righ about the surfer thing) hulk is too dumb for thanos, and yes i know how to spell it im just lazy, and no im not that old lol, but i her they are touring again,(even though jon bonnom is dead) and yes led zeppelin rocks

wrathofachilles
What do you mean we're not talking about this, lol. It's in the title! Hulk is not dumb, he hasn't been since the early 90s. And again, like JugFan and myself have pointed out *ok, mostly him* Thor BEAT Surfer.

They're touring again? Oh god, lock up the girls.

Magee
Thor can not defeat Thanos, Thor is shit scared of him. Silver Surfer vs Thanos is more of a fair fight but Thanos does have the upper hand on that one as well. Also Thanos has went toe to toe with Odin and it came out a stale mate, Odin is Thors father, the whole reason Thor is Thor is because of Odin. So if Thanos can match Odins strengths then he can deffinatly out match Thors. Hulk is not much of a match for Thanos. There was one time where they had a breif encounter wich ended up with The Hulk going on a little trip.

So basicaly Thanos beats them all. Even SS and Hulk vs Thanos is going to be hard for the two of them.

zonerider
smile

supervenom
Originally posted by Magee
Thor can not defeat Thanos, Thor is shit scared of him. Silver Surfer vs Thanos is more of a fair fight but Thanos does have the upper hand on that one as well. Also Thanos has went toe to toe with Odin and it came out a stale mate, Odin is Thors father, the whole reason Thor is Thor is because of Odin. So if Thanos can match Odins strengths then he can deffinatly out match Thors. Hulk is not much of a match for Thanos. There was one time where they had a breif encounter wich ended up with The Hulk going on a little trip.

So basicaly Thanos beats them all. Even SS and Hulk vs Thanos is going to be hard for the two of them.

Thats up to discuss since there are varying opinions on that. Thanos is one of my favorite characters ever but I personally think he lost, in terms of who was more damaged.

Is the Hulk thing you are mentioning when he handled him and The Thing?

Omega-level
Prep: Thanos > the whole universe (we saw that happen more than once)

Without prep: SS> Thanos >>>>> The Hulk

kgkg
SS absorbs Hulks power to grow in stregth(more anger = more power)

SS(hulk) vs Thanos now we have a battle

Soljer
The Surfer cannot tangle with Thanos.

Thanos regularly takes the Surfers shots without blinking, and then damn near one shots norrin in response.

Thanos pimpsmacks the Surfer, and...the Hulk? laughing

The Hulk? laughing laughing

The Hulk wouldn't even regsiter to someone as powerful as Thanos.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Soljer
The Surfer cannot tangle with Thanos.

Thanos regularly takes the Surfers shots without blinking, and then damn near one shots norrin in response.

Thanos pimpsmacks the Surfer, and...the Hulk? laughing

The Hulk? laughing laughing

The Hulk wouldn't even regsiter to someone as powerful as Thanos.
Yes, that's why Thanos avoids the Hulk... his own words, not mine.

Thanos >>> Hulk. No problem here. But a well written Hulk - let's say Savage - can give anyone trouble. Including Thanos.

Soljer
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

Thanos >>> Hulk. No problem here. But a well written Hulk - let's say Savage - can give anyone trouble. Including Thanos.

No.

He can't.

The Surfer would demolish the Hulk, 10/10.

Superman would demolish the Hulk, 10/10.

ANY Green Lantern would demolish the Hulk, 10/10.

Wonder Woman, the Flash, the Runner, Makkari, Black Bolt, Thor....

All demolish the Hulk, 10/10.

Thanos does the same. 10/10.

Kid Kurdy
So I guess you know better than Jim Starlin...

Soljer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Forum, battles, my friend. That's all that matters here. Blood lust, a lack of PIS, no SMvsFL, it changes EVERYTHING.

Forum battles aren't comic book battles. There are no fans to appease, no one has to worry about the economic impact of what you print, there is no story to advance. They are unbiased.

Thanos, the Surfer, Superman, a Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, the Flash, the Runner, Makkari, Black Bolt, Thor, Juggernaut, they ALL stomp the Hulk. 10/10.

Blind
Okay... didn't Thanos once geat beaten by Squirrel Girl?

Kid Kurdy
Thanos' reflexes and speed are above normal human levels. While not able to compete in this area at the level of speedier, more agile heroes like Spider-Man, Thanos is far faster than a being of his size ( 6'7" in height, 985 lbs of mass. ) should have a right to be.

The looseleaf edition of the HBOTMU states that both his speed and agility are at the "enhanced human" level.

Source : THE Thanos website (corvusonline)

Soljer
Thanos' reflexes and speed are above normal human levels. While not able to compete in this area at the level of speedier, more agile heroes like Spider-Man, Thanos is far faster than a being of his size ( 6'7" in height, 985 lbs of mass. ) should have a right to be.

The looseleaf edition of the HBOTMU states that both his speed and agility are at the "enhanced human" level.

Source : THE Thanos website (corvusonline)

Yes? And?

Namor can only lift 85 tons. no expression

So much for bios, hm?

Thanos has faster than light reaction times.

Kid Kurdy
Yes? And?

Namor can only lift 85 tons. no expression

So much for bios, hm?

Thanos has faster than light reaction times.
I know you are doing it on purpose.

Unless you know it better than Jim Starlin AND the HBOTMU. And what's even worse, you have no scans to back anything up. Every scan you can show us, is very debatable, to say the least.

Soljer
I know you are doing it on purpose.

Unless you know it better than Jim Starlin AND the HBOTMU. And what's even worse, you have no scans to back anything up. Every scan you can show us, is very debatable, to say the least.

But, fact is, it's debatable. As much as I have no incontrovertible proof, neither do you. Em passe, friend.

Soljer
Also, out of sheer curiosity and as a side note, what ARE your opinions on the Hulk vs. a well written Thanos? A smart, well written Surfer? A non-jobbing Superman? A PIS-less Green Lantern? Wonder Woman at her potential? The Flash? The Runner? Makkari? Black Bolt? A well written, non-jobbing Thor? The Juggernaut?

Again, out of curiosity.

Kid Kurdy
Well, it isn't that debatable, because apart from a few very debatable scans, nobody - I mean NOBODY - mentions anything about Thanos having super speed or super reflexes.

The best thing you have is... guessing.

Hulk jumps clearly very high. Hulk can run very fast. We all can read it with our own two eyes. Unless Thanos does something like that on panel, he just doesn't have that speed.

Soljer
Well, it isn't that debatable, because apart from a few very debatable scans, nobody - I mean NOBODY - mentions anything about Thanos having super speed or super reflexes.

The best thing you have is... guessing.

Hulk jumps clearly very high. Hulk can run very fast. We all can read it with our own two eyes. Unless Thanos does something like that on panel, he just doesn't have that speed.

But what explanation is given for the Hulk jumping high or running fast?

The Hulk's strength does. It logically follows that if someone has the Hulk's strength (or greater, even) then they could replicate the same exact feats that the Hulk did.

I don't need to see Thanos jumping miles like the Hulk to know that he is capable of it, using the same mechanics.

Kid Kurdy
Also, out of sheer curiosity and as a side note, what ARE your opinions on the Hulk vs. a well written Thanos?

Mindless Hulk against Thanos : this would be a bloody fight, I don't know who wins. Any other Hulk goes down, but still cool fights.

A smart, well written Surfer : I think stalemate. Surfer can move so fast that Thanos wouldn't even be able to see him, but Surfer blasts don't do much damage, so I guess stalemate.

A non-jobbing Superman : Superman beats Thanos. I know this is blasphemy, but I don't care. Powerwise, Superman IS Thanos, but way faster AND he can fly.

Big chance Superman is stronger too.

A PIS-less Green Lantern : The problem with Green Lanterns are that they are just as strong as the writers imagination, so I'm not going there.

Wonder Woman at her potential : Thanos wins, absolutely.

The Flash : Difficult. Can he steal his speed ?

The Runner : Runner wins. Runner is a tough one.

Makkari : Makkari lol. Thanos wins.

Black Bolt : Depends. A good shout in Thanos ears...

A well written, non-jobbing Thor : Thanos wins, but a very cool fight. And it won't be easy for Thanos.

The Juggernaut Draw. They can't hurt each other (though Juggs can hurt Thanos more than vice versa).

juggernaut66666
Surfer and Hulk 10/10
Thanos got his ass handed to She-Hulk shifty

Kid Kurdy
But what explanation is given for the Hulk jumping high or running fast?

The Hulk's strength does. It logically follows that if someone has the Hulk's strength (or greater, even) then they could replicate the same exact feats that the Hulk did.

Different characters different powers. Jumping high or running fast just isn't in Thanos' power set.

It's no use analyzing Hulks powers and comparing them to Thanos' powers : Thanos is an alien, Hulk is some kind of mutant, they have different powers, different sources of power and a different physiology.

BobbyD
IF SS can goad Thanos into chasing/following him and keeping Thanos close to the Hulk, that is the only chance I can see the 2some beating the Mad Titan. Then again, Thanos is no idiot. Honestly, Thanos takes this 99/100. I give Banner and Norrin 1 win because Thanos gets bored, and wants to come back for a revenge fight.

Accel
So I guess you know better than Jim Starlin...
I was frankly surprised myself that Starlin had Thanos say he didn't want to fight Hulk. Isn't this the same guy who's protected Thanos's reputation more than any body?

Lord S

Thanos >>> Hulk. No problem here. But a well written Hulk - let's say Savage - can give anyone trouble. Including Thanos. Thanos does not fear nor avoid the Hulk...yes he stated something similar to that in 'Thanos Quest', but you do remember that was way back in early 90's. At the end of 'Infinity Gauntlet' he bitchslapped Hulk and Drax, calling them dull-witted brutes. Thanos has since then looked at, and treated, the Hulk as nothing but an annoyance and an imbecile.

Surfer has never shown the ability to defeat someone like Thanos whenever they have fought. Surfer is more at the level of someone like Thor.

Speaking of Thor, the only time he ever got close to beating Thanos was when he had the Power Gem, and a stalemate the best he could do before Thanos decided it wasn't worth it to continue.

No he didn't.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Lord S
At the end of 'Infinity Gauntlet' he bitchslapped Hulk and Drax, calling them dull-witted brutes.
"Bitchslapped"... pffft.... he hit them once, and guess what, the VERY NEXT panel they were up again, ready to kick his ass. Thanos ran away wink

He does that to everyone.

Yeah sure, whatever. He couldn't beat Thor, and had to use a special weapon.

Soljer

Mindless Hulk against Thanos : this would be a bloody fight, I don't know who wins. Any other Hulk goes down, but still cool fights.

A smart, well written Surfer : I think stalemate. Surfer can move so fast that Thanos wouldn't even be able to see him, but Surfer blasts don't do much damage, so I guess stalemate.

A non-jobbing Superman : Superman beats Thanos. I know this is blasphemy, but I don't care. Powerwise, Superman IS Thanos, but way faster AND he can fly.

Big chance Superman is stronger too.

A PIS-less Green Lantern : The problem with Green Lanterns are that they are just as strong as the writers imagination, so I'm not going there.

Wonder Woman at her potential : Thanos wins, absolutely.

The Flash : Difficult. Can he steal his speed ?

The Runner : Runner wins. Runner is a tough one.

Makkari : Makkari lol. Thanos wins.

Black Bolt : Depends. A good shout in Thanos ears...

A well written, non-jobbing Thor : Thanos wins, but a very cool fight. And it won't be easy for Thanos.

The Juggernaut Draw. They can't hurt each other (though Juggs can hurt Thanos more than vice versa).

I actually meant the Hulk versus all these characters, but the fact that you earnestly believe that the Surfer, Superman, Thor, the Hulk, or Black Bolt could very well defeat Thanos illuminates a bit. It seems you have something against the character, erm.

Lord S
"Bitchslapped"... pffft.... he hit them once, and guess what, the VERY NEXT panel they were up again, ready to kick his ass. Thanos ran away wink Nice job ignoring the point that he doesn't fear Hulk.

Which proves he doesn't fear them, duh.

rolleyes1

I never said he could beat that version of Thor. Maybe you're dyslexic or something, but my point was Thor has never been able to defeat Thanos.

Accel
Personally, I believe Surfer could do fairly well against Thanos if he did more than just blast him. I'd also give Thor and Superman better odds against him than most here if every one was well written.

Kid Kurdy
I actually meant the Hulk versus all these characters, but the fact that you earnestly believe that the Surfer, Superman, Thor, the Hulk, or Black Bolt could very well defeat Thanos illuminates a bit. It seems you have something against the character
Erm, come gain ? What are you talking about ?

Surfer : I said a draw. I didn't say that Surfer wins.

Thor : I clearly said Thanos wins.

Hulk : I said that the strongest Hulk incarnation would give a hell of a fight, but even then I'm not convinced who will win.

Blackbolt : I just wondered about Thanos reactions when BB shouts in his ears. Didn't say a thing about BB winning or owning.

Superman : yep, Superman wins. Faster, probably stronger, as durable as Thanos...

So again, what are you talking about ?

Supreme being
Dam i dont even believe people are debating on this the very same Thanos that knocked Galactus across a planet, that thanos?

Thanos for the win without a doubt.

Blind
so nobody's disagreeing with me that Squirrel Girl can win this without Hulk or Surfer?

darthgoober

Wait, are you talking about way back in Thanos Quest? Cause he's had several upgrades since then. Back then, Hulk could have given him a hard time, in a purely PHYSICAL confrontation(which is what Thanos was talking about), but I think Thanos(even back then) would have taken the Majority more often than not(with energy blast and such).

bigbran
Erm, come gain ? What are you talking about ?

Hulk : I said that the strongest Hulk incarnation would give a hell of a fight, but even then I'm not convinced who will win.

Superman : yep, Superman wins. Faster, probably stronger, as durable as Thanos...

So again, what are you talking about ? Wow?
Nevermind Superman, but your not convinced that Thanos could beat Hulk?
That says it all right there.
You do have something against Thanos. You have even said that you don't like him because of fanboys. (me)
So doesn't this make your opinion quite a bit biased?

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by bigbran
Wow?
Nevermind Superman, but your not convinced that Thanos could beat Hulk?
That says it all right there.
You do have something against Thanos. You have even said that you don't like him because of fanboys. (me)
So doesn't this make your opinion quite a bit biased?
Apparently it's blasphemy to doubt if Thanos can beat the strongest Hulk incarnation there is.

Of course, if he uses his technology and prep and so he'll beat him every day of the week. But in a pure, physical match ? Mindless Hulk ?

I don't know.

bigbran
Apparently it's blasphemy to doubt if Thanos can beat the strongest Hulk incarnation there is.

Of course, if he uses his technology and prep and so he'll beat him every day of the week. But in a pure, physical match ? Mindless Hulk ?

I don't know. I'd say it is about the same as Hulk beating Superman, or stalemating him.

So, obviously, Thanos has nothing to put Hulk down without technolodgy?

Who said it was physical?

leonidas
no one knows what the new ss can really do. hulk could get in some licks and if "savage" could hold his own physically for a long while but that's it. he is too easily removed to be any threat though. as far as ss: woulda-coulda-shoulda -- thanos has obliterated ss too many times, and hulk is not a versatile enough partner.

thanos 10/10.

Brutacus
Well the current Thanos seems like a mastermind like allway's, but he doesn't look very powerful physical, I mean Drax ripped his heart out.

And current drax looks a lot like current hulk, maybe he's way more powerfull, iff that's the case than I'm mistaken but to me he doesn't really look a lot stronger than current hulk.

leonidas
drax was "special". no one OTHER than drax could have done what he did to thanos. can't use drax as a comparison . . . erm

Brutacus
I know the reason why Drax was created or why he live's so to speak.
I mean this Drax can't even fly or shows any amazing super strenght, sure he's strong, but not really impressive.
Still it was way to easy how he killed Thanos iff you ask me.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Brutacus
I mean this Drax can't even fly or shows any amazing super strenght, sure he's strong, but not really impressive.

Drax is basically Thanos Kryptonite, or the yellow weakness that Green Lanterns had, The difference is that only Drax can expose this weakness on Thanos NOBODY else can. And this isnt the normal Drax who killed him, when he is near Thanos he was obviously becoming alot more powerful than he normally was, and Thanos was obviously getting weaker because having his heart ripped out shouldnt have affected him normally. Thanos also was occupied at the time, it isnt like they were fighting and Drax beat him..... erm

Brutacus
K my mistake than, I did know Drax was created to kill Thanos, foolish of me.

bigbran
K my mistake than, I did know Drax was created to kill Thanos, foolish of me. So basically anything that happens between Thanos and Drax, is irrelevent to any other character.

Brutacus
So basically anything that happens between Thanos and Drax, is irrelevent to any other character.

K I understand it now big grin .

DevilGoblin
a really enraged hulk would destroy Thanos in any situation, that's the reason Thanos fears the hulk (the titan admitted it in Thanos Quest)

nothing can stop a really enraged hulk not a nova flame, not a gamma bomb....(do you read FF comics ? he almost killed The Thing with one single blow, Storm saved his ass from a sure death)

Hulk and Surfer ? i think it's a joke....they would win 10/10 with no trouble

Thanos lost to Squirrel Girl and was killed by Drax who is less strong than the hulk (Drax could be strong as an not-enraged hulk)

Hulk's durability >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos's durability

(look at civil war #4 please...)

I'm not saying Thanos is weak, but he can't be compared with the strongest being in the universe

DevilGoblin

speculations

Thanos is not as durable as you wish and Drax is stronger than him, there is nothing difficult to understand

Soljer
Originally posted by DevilGoblin
speculations

Thanos is not as durable as you wish and Drax is stronger than him, there is nothing difficult to understand

Drax is stronger than him?

Drax did what a blast from Galactus, a battle with Tyrant, and a drawn out fight with ODIN could not? So Drax is more powerful than these characters as well, then? What the f**k?

darthgoober
a really enraged hulk would destroy Thanos in any situation, that's the reason Thanos fears the hulk (the titan admitted it in Thanos Quest)

nothing can stop a really enraged hulk not a nova flame, not a gamma bomb....(do you read FF comics ? he almost killed The Thing with one single blow, Storm saved his ass from a sure death)

Thanos lost to Squirrel Girl and was killed by Drax who is less strong than the hulk (Drax could be strong as an not-enraged hulk)

I'm not saying Thanos is weak, but he can't be compared with the strongest being in the universe
Thanos Quest happened a LONG time ago. Thanos has had several upgrades since then. And even then, Thanos said that he dreaded a PHYSICAL confrontation with the Hulk. In other words, he didn't like the thought of having to stand and slug it out with him. (Who would?) He still could have taken him out with energy blast and the like even then.

Evangel94
Thanos disintergrates the blindfold and then goes on to defeat surfer and the hulk.

Wally West
Originally posted by darthgoober
Thanos Quest happened a LONG time ago. Thanos has had several upgrades since then. And even then, Thanos said that he dreaded a PHYSICAL confrontation with the Hulk. In other words, he didn't like the thought of having to stand and slug it out with him. (Who would?) He still could have taken him out with energy blast and the like even then.
I don't recall Thanos ever having a problem with the Hulk, but I can think of a few occasions Thanos has handled him fairly easily, with and without tech.

A couple of things to point out regarding that comment he made in Thanos Quest.

1) Thanos said he IMAGINED that fighting someone with the power gem is what it would be like to fight the Hulk, someone with the power gem can physically overpower anyone, it is not a bad showing for Thanos to want to avoid physical confrontation with someone who is physically the most powerful force in the universe. And again, he had never fought Hulk at that point and it was just speculation, he has never had problems with him after that so you could say the reality didn't live up to his own expectations.

2) Thanos had only just been brought back to life at that point by Death and given a huge upgrade in power, any times he was refering to whe he tried avoid the Hulk would have been refering to his pre-death days when he wasn't as powerful (but still strong enough to beat Thor and Thing together).

"Strange, leash your dog, or I will" - That is what Thanos thinks of Hulk now

Lord S
a really enraged hulk would destroy Thanos in any situation, that's the reason Thanos fears the hulk (the titan admitted it in Thanos Quest) You really think Thanos fears the Hulk, today? That was about 15 years ago. He's bitchslapped and rolled his eyes at the dreaded Hulk ever since.

You do realize that was a joke, right? If you're going to try to argue something, then use REAL feats, not comedic parodies.

Anyway, that was a clone.

And you base this on what?

Last I checked, neither were involved in 'Civil War'.

Blah blah blah...strongest being in the universe...my ass.

That's why he gets pushed around by guys like Apocalypse.

Kid Kurdy
Y
Blah blah blah...strongest being in the universe...my ass.

Hulk is not the strongest in the Marvel Universe. There are quite a few people who are just as strong or stronger.

Hulk however, has the potential to become the strongest there is, thanks to his rage. Add his insane healing factor and his impressive durability, and a well written Hulk is a serious danger for Thanos.

Thanos would have his hands full with such a Hulk alone. Add Surfer and well, I guess it's time for Thanos to teleport away.

masterbruce
Hulk beat Onslaught physically with little effort. Thanos gets his face rearranged by a POed Hulk.

juggernaut66666
thumb up

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by masterbruce
Hulk beat Onslaught physically with little effort.
What ?

Come again Forrest ?

I beg your pardon ?

With little effort ? Thanks for showing us you haven't read the actual comic.

Howard_Jones
Does anyone remember what happened in the fight with Champion?

It's a repeat.

Thanos 10/10

Supreme being
Hulk beat Onslaught physically with little effort. Thanos gets his face rearranged by a POed Hulk.

What you don't seem to understand is that thanos isn't stupid he isn't going to slug it out with someone he thinks is stronger than him he will simply blast hulk to bits and well surfer can then take leave or suffer a beating. Its like a gun and a knife why stab him when you can just shoot him.

masterbruce
What ?

Come again Forrest ?

I beg your pardon ?

With little effort ? Thanks for showing us you haven't read the actual comic.

Insolent fool! I did read the comic. In less than a page of fighting, Hulk beat the living sh%t outta Onslaught.

Hulk crushes Thanos like a ripe grape.

Howard_Jones

Hulk beat a STAGE of Onslaught.

Please read the comic before stating things.

Also, he was aided by Jean Grey. wink

juggernaut66666
Insolent fool! I did read the comic. In less than a page of fighting, Hulk beat the living sh%t outta Onslaught.

You noob Onslaught engaged Hulk in a h2h fight because he wanted Hulk to break his armor.

Howard_Jones

Sure kid. And you're the Goddamn batman.

masterbruce
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
You noob Onslaught engaged Hulk in a h2h fight because he wanted Hulk to break his armor.

yes I understand. Arent we talking about Thanos fighting Hulk phsically? If we're talking about other methods of combat, then its a different story.

But Hulk owns Thanos physically and crushes him like a grape.

Howard_Jones
yes I understand. Arent we talking about Thanos fighting Hulk phsically? If we're talking about other methods of combat, then its a different story.

Now you're changing your argument. What the hell?

bigbran

But Hulk owns Thanos physically and crushes him like a grape. OK, let me make something clear to you:
The Hulk that fought Onslaught, was the one that Jean wiped his mind clean so all he knew was rage.
All Hulk did was break his armour.
Onslaught planned it out.
Onslaught was still kicking around Hulk.
That was pis.

Now, can we compare here for a minute?
Bannerless Hulk was able to do nothing to Surfer... at all. He hit him, he stomped his head, he threw him around, and yet Surfer was undamaged, and not even remotely trying at all.
Thanos was able to beat Surfer to death.
Thanos was able to stalemate Thor with WM and the Power Gem... something Hulk would never in his life dream of doing.

Ya, without additional help, Hulk doesn't stand a damn chance against Thanos, in any form.

Plus, this is the same questioned I ask you about Galactus, do you have any idea who Thanos is? Or are you just basing Hulk winning off of one feat that you had no understanding about in the first place?

I'm not saying Thanos is weak, but he can't be compared with the strongest being in the universe Ok, let me make one thing clear to you:

Your an idiot, fanboy (something I never say to anyone, so consider yourself special).
Also, didn't you say that Hulk could beat Genis and Captain Mar-Vell 10/10 (at the same time)? Ya... idiot fanboy.

Brutacus

Euh even in a physical fight, Thanos could still outsmart hulk.

bigbran
Euh even in a physical fight, Thanos could still outsmart hulk. Outsmart, yes.
Is that all Thanos can do, though, is outsmart people?

DevilGoblin

Soljer

DevilGoblin
Your an idiot, fanboy (something I never say to anyone, so consider yourself special).
Also, didn't you say that Hulk could beat Genis and Captain Mar-Vell 10/10 (at the same time)? Ya... idiot fanboy.

Hulk could beat Genis or Cap Marvell, probably not 10/10 but surely most of the times. Hulk is a team smasher, he stalamated 14 heroes together (two avengers team) and he beat 1 vs 1 both Genis and his father. (i have the scans)

I never said he could beat them 10/10, don't make me say what i never said. Oh, none of them could beat him more times than not and i'm generous.

p.s. i'm not even an hulk fanboy(i don't even like the hulk, he's too strong and without rivals for me to love him) my favourite char are Green Goblin, Venom, Black Bolt and Iron Man, so shut the **** up before insulting someone else...

DevilGoblin
The Surfer can still one-shot him. smile.

according to Planet Hulk...NO big grin

bigbran

bigbran
according to Planet Hulk...NO big grin Oh, you mean when Surfer didn't have access to his Power Cosmic. Why don't we say Hulk doesn't have access to his rage, and see how that turns out for him?
Double post, don't care.

DevilGoblin
Oh, you mean when Surfer didn't have access to his Power Cosmic. Why don't we say Hulk doesn't have access to his rage, and see how that turns out for him?
Double post, don't care.

They are both weakened, not only Surfer.

Planet Hulk proves that Hulk is more durable than Silver Surfer.

thedude1948
according to Planet Hulk...NO big grin

According to Planet Hulk Silver Surfer would have killed The Hulk even without the power cosmic if Surfer didnt give up when he had the disk on his chest smashed.

Soljer

Planet Hulk proves that Hulk is more durable than Silver Surfer.

When the Hulk considers going through a super nova akin to taking a warm bath, we'll talk.

DevilGoblin
Originally posted by thedude1948
According to Planet Hulk Silver Surfer would have killed The Hulk even without the power cosmic if Surfer didnt give up when he had the disk on his chest smashed.

please..... laughing out loud

accordind to planet hulk:

1) hulk won

2) hulk proved to be more durable than Silver Surfer

bigbran

Planet Hulk proves that Hulk is more durable than Silver Surfer. How much weakened was Hulk?
'Cause last I heard, a Surfer cut off from the Power C was pretty damn weak.
Also, the Planet Hulk proves that Hulk had to cheapshot an extremely powered Surfer that was cut off from his main power source, continually pounding him, just to take him down.

Did you forget when Bannerless Hulk was able to do nothing to Surfer, better yet, a Surfer that wasn't trying in the least, and Hulk was pissed.
Bullshit Hulk is more durible than Surfer!
When Hulk flies through suns feeling refreshed, when Hulk takes Bannerless Hulk's blows not even remotely serious, when Hulk takes planet busters like nothing, then, Hulk will be able to maybe be in that range with him.

DevilGoblin
When the Hulk considers going through a super nova akin to taking a warm bath, we'll talk.

No, let's talk again:

Compare Hulk and Surfer after the wormhole:

Hulk goes through what appears to be a wormhole. IH #92.
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...ityih92a5hk.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/...ityih92b4uv.jpg

Compare to how the Silver Surfer handled passing through the same wormhole. IH #95.
http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/...holeih952ku.jpg

A weakened Hulk survives a powerful explosion and being run through by several spears and singlehandedly takes out a number of Sakaar's deadliest warriors. IH #94
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/89...ty2ih94aly2.jpg

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/...ty2ih94bkk3.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/...ty2ih94cco4.jpg

(owned)

Soljer

1) hulk won

2) hulk proved to be more durable than Silver Surfer

Re-read the issue.

Originally posted by thedude1948

Soljer
None of your scans work. You copied them very poorly.

The Surfer still has MUCH greater Durability feats than the Hulk could ever hope to have.

I've never seen the Surfer get his nose broken by a short hairy canadian, for starters....

DevilGoblin
How much weakened was Hulk?
'Cause last I heard, a Surfer cut off from the Power C was pretty damn weak.
Also, the Planet Hulk proves that Hulk had to cheapshot an extremely powered Surfer that was cut off from his main power source, continually pounding him, just to take him down.

Did you forget when Bannerless Hulk was able to do nothing to Surfer, better yet, a Surfer that wasn't trying in the least, and Hulk was pissed.
Bullshit Hulk is more durible than Surfer!

understood you're a Surfer fanboy laughing out loud laughing

(i read your comments in Surfer's respect thread!! sorry Hulk is more durable...than your favourite hero, sorry again)

Soljer
Isn't this douche the same "DevilHulk" that believes Hulk could poses a threat to the likes of Superman? the Surfer? Thanos? What's next, Odin? Celestials? Galactus? What the f**k?

DevilGoblin
None of your scans work. You copied them very poorly.

oh, finally you're right about something

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,96073.0.html

go here and learn (the same scans work)

bigbran

1) hulk won

2) hulk proved to be more durable than Silver Surfer So you count cheapshots as wins?
OK, what about the time Iron Man one punched a blind Hulk.
Doesn't make sence does it?Originally posted by DevilGoblin

(i read your comments in Surfer's respect thread!! sorry Hulk is more durable...than your favourite hero, sorry again) Does it matter what I say?
I don't show my bias unlike you.
What is Hulk beating Captain Mar-Vell and Genis 10/10 for the win?

I don't care what you say about me liking Surfer, 'cause I could just as easily say the same to you, only I think "MY favorite hero" is going to get his ass kicked in this battle.

Sorry, but if you have to resort to the fanboy claim without backup, or supporting your argument, then you already lost.

Soljer
oh, finally you're right about something

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,96073.0.html

go here and learn (the same scans work)

I've read at least half a dozen Hulk respect threads.

He still isn't as durable as the Surfer.

No where near, in fact.

thedude1948
Lets see... Before Surfer had his disk smashed and was going all out.

http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950111rx.jpg
http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950122qy.jpg

Yep even without the Power Cosmic he was wiping the floor with Hulk and was about to kill him if the Brood and Miek didnt save him.

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950138zq.jpg

"Give him another pass and we're dead." Yep sure sounds like they were winning.

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=incrediblehulk950148dp.jpg

Silver Surfer finally has the disk broken and says thank you. This is when Hulk started to attack him, right when Surfer gave up fighting.

bigbran
How about we see how much of a fanboy you are right here?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=422606

That alone shows exactly how biased you are, and why you should NEVER call anyone a fanboy.

Also, if your using a scan of Surfer getting hurt by wormholes, you obviously have no idea who Surfer is.

Soljer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5060040
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5060522
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5170245
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5396939
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5396958

As far as durability goes:

Surfer's survived black holes, and didn't even FEEL She-Hulk's punch. Can't really say the same for the Hulk. He also didn't even notice Iron Man's STRONGEST punch. One he put ALL of his power into.

The Hulk was knocked out by one of Iron Man's normal punches...

The Surfer has also casually destroyed planets as if they were nothing, talked about destroying suns as if it were child's play, has created black holes, and has reacted in NANOseconds.

The Hulk is out-friggin-classed.

darthgoober
Ok, just to add to what everyone else is showing of Surfer, here's some scans of him going against "Classic" Abomination(before he became something of a joke). This is when Surfer was still powered down and trapped on Earth. In fact, Surfer's actually recovering from being weakened even more by some mystics(who used his power to bring back the Abomination). Notice, Surfer actually handles him physically, before he puts him down with the power cosmic. ( I had more scans in favor of Surfer, but most of them have already been shown while I was getting them ready)

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1148/silversurfer1218zx3.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1729/silversurfer1219fu2.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/680/silversurfer1220tx0.jpg

bigbran

(i read your comments in Surfer's respect thread!! sorry Hulk is more durable...than your favourite hero, sorry again) Also to add to your humiliation of getting owned by everyone...
if you were looking through the respect thread, did you happen to catch the scans of Surfer fighting in a black hole, before you posted bullshit about Hulk surviving a wormhole, and Surfer getting hurt or whatever happened (didn't catch the scans myself, but from your explanation, Surfer got KOed/hurt, while Hulk was perfect), except Surfer has more than one claim to contridict your claim, and even make it "pis".
Ok, just to add to what everyone else is showing of Surfer, here's some scans of him going against "Classic" Abomination(before he became something of a joke). This is when Surfer was still powered down and trapped on Earth. In fact, Surfer's actually recovering from being weakened even more by some mystics(who used his power to bring back the Abomination). Notice, Surfer actually handles him physically, before he puts him down with the power cosmic. ( I had more scans in favor of Surfer, but most of them have already been shown while I was getting them ready)

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1148/silversurfer1218zx3.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1729/silversurfer1219fu2.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/680/silversurfer1220tx0.jpg Ohh, those are my favorites.

darthgoober
Ohh, those are my favorites.
Yeah, and people say that Surfer has no fighting ability. laughing

bigbran
Yeah, and people say that Surfer has no fighting ability. laughing I know, they also say he has no strength.
Wait just a minute... didn't Classic Abom stomp Hulk?
But a Surfer who is weak, stomped Abom?
That kind of supports that Hulk>Surfer comment, doesn't it?

Roldz
The wormhole absorbs energies of any being that pass through it, since PC replaces SS lifeforce and is likely more of an energy being he was greatly affected to its effect but that does not necessarly mean his got lower durability than Hulk.. Check out most of their past encounters/match..

darthgoober
I know, they also say he has no strength.
Wait just a minute... didn't Classic Abom stomp Hulk?
But a Surfer who is weak, stomped Abom?
That kind of supports that Hulk>Surfer comment, doesn't it?
Pretty much. Classic Abomination was TWICE as strong as Savage Hulk(at least untill he got REALLY pissed off). So I don't understand where people get off saying that Surfer has no real strength to speak of.

juggernaut66666

(i read your comments in Surfer's respect thread!! sorry Hulk is more durable...than your favourite hero, sorry again)
You are an idiot. no expression

DevilGoblin
Thanos is weak:

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/2523/annihilation4026aq8.jpg

Hulk is way stronger and more durable than this weak guy

Facts > opinions

juggernaut66666
Thanos is weak:

Facts > opinions
Drax was created to kill Thanos that it is the only reason he was able to do it. wink

darthgoober
Thanos is weak:

Facts > opinions
Thanos backhanded Hulk like a b*tch. And Surfer shrugged of mindless Hulks shots with NO damage to show for it.

Facts>Opinions

xmarksthespot
Thanos backhanded Hulk like a b*tch. And Surfer shrugged of mindless Hulks shots with NO damage to show for it.

Facts>Opinions>>Really stupid opinions from fanboys Fixed

darthgoober
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Fixed
laughing out loud

Soljer
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Drax was created to kill Thanos that it is the only reason he was able to do it. wink

Indeed.

If ODIN and the TYRANT couldn't put Thanos down for the count, the Hulk is doing NO such thing.

And DevilHulk still hasn't responded to any of the scans showing that the Surfer never even has to struggle with the Hulk.

Nor the scans of a VASTLY weakened Surfer OWNING the abomination, who, in turn, owned the Hulk. erm.

juggernaut66666
whistling
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2268/1ma5.th.jpg

Lord S
you obviously have no idea who Surfer is. Maybe he thinks Surfer is Iceman. Common mistake among ignorant fanboys.

Howard_Jones
Thanos is weak:

Facts > opinions

Well, if it isn't Devilhulk/Hulkest one there is from SHC. Well tooly, still haven't gotten over Sentry breaking every bone in Hulk's body yet?

Soljer
Maybe he thinks Surfer is Iceman. Common mistake among ignorant fanboys.

That can't be the case. Iceman would also beat the Hulk 10/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Well, if it isn't Devilhulk/Hulkest one there is from SHC. Well tooly, still haven't gotten over Sentry breaking every bone in Hulk's body yet?

That was the Void, not Sentry, if I recall correctly.

Though it was quite hilarious to see a big, green, bag of broken bones. smile.

Howard_Jones
That was the Void, not Sentry, if I recall correctly.

Though it was quite hilarious to see a big, green, bag of broken bones. smile.

Sentry is Void though. It's the same entity in two bodies.

but yeah, that was entertaining.

Soljer
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Sentry is Void though. It's the same entity in two bodies.

but yeah, that was entertaining.

I'm aware of that, I just don't think the comparison stands 100%. The void has feats that we've NEVER seen Sentry pull off...

erm.

Howard_Jones
True enough, but it's intended for one to be taken as the other.

darthgoober
I found this statement to be particularly funny....
p.s. i'm not even an hulk fanboy(i don't even like the hulk, he's too strong and without rivals for me to love him) my favourite char are Green Goblin, Venom, Black Bolt and Iron Man, so shut the **** up before insulting someone else...

considering THIS statement...
a fanboy deserves always another fanboy, sorry man

it's not my fault if my favourite char is above any other character in comics

i'm lucky while Genis is not

Does anyone else notice a contradiction there? laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.