City of the Living Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zilverz
I just purchased City of the Living Dead. Based on recommendations dating back last year haha .. im still buying these movies. Anyway, i like Fulci's gore. This movie had 2 completely insane gore scenes. If you seen it, you know which 2 im talkin about. Both looked pretty realistic. Excellent job! as far as the overall movie I did enjoy it. Although a question for those who have seen it.

the ending

when the kid is running and it makes the sound like something had happened and didnt show anything, did you all just take that as some spooky audibles for the conclusion, or was there something i missed with the kid or the two of them near the burial entrance ??

dean7879
its ok..not in my top 10 zombie flicks
i recommend let sleeping corpses lie

BackFire
Aside from the two gore scenes you brought up, I thought it was a pretty poor film.

eggmayo
was this ever released on vipco pal vhs?

Zilverz
i was dissappointed with the LACK OF zombies in the film. I understand where your coming from BF. Zombie and The Beyond was so much better in comparison. I thought its was pretty decent but the ending was kind of abrupt and was dissapointed in that.

guess ill have to check out Let Sleeping Corpses lie

Dario Argento
This is a great and funny flick. Not Fulci's best, but it will always have a speciel place in my heart since it was the first Italian horror moive I saw.

I don't think its a poor film at all.. it is very atmospheric and full of doom and it has an awesome score.

dean7879
yeah definetly check that out...best zombie flick just behind the romero trilogy..i even like it more than zombie flesh eaters

The Redeemer
Great maybe but funny? And atmospheric with a great score I do agree! Despite it's two much talked about scenes, the rest is rather restrained by Fulci zombie standards.

I'm more of a fan of the other three films in his *zombie quartet* myself but COTLD isn't without it's merits...intestinal barfing and head drilling apart.

Johnlindsey289
Great zombie and ghost flick from the late great Lucio Fulci! those gore scenes especially the gut puke we're definitely stomach churning and the film was very entertaining.

If you enjoy this movie, also try: "Dawn of the Dead" ( 1978), " Re-Animator", " Evil Dead", "Zombie", " House By The Cemetery", " The New York Ripper", "Demons", " From Dusk Till Dawn", "Vampire Hunter D", " Nightmare City", " Hell of the Living Dead", " Event Horizon", " The Others", " The Ring" and " The Beyond".

Johnlindsey289
Oh yes, another similar movie i forgot to put on if you enjoy " City of the Living Dead": " Vampire Hunter D", a great Japanese anime horror fantasy gorefeast.

SlipknoT
You did list that in your first post.

Johnlindsey289
Oops, sorry! i forgot about that. I also do recommend " Burial Ground: The Night of Terror" and " Day of the Dead".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.