Question about Spidey 2099

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVenomSymbiot
If he had his own movie, would you see it? If so, who do you think should play who?

Reborn Again
Won't happen. The character never really got off the ground.

Bluwe
Ya, it had like 15 issues and flopped out. It's cool to think about it, but even if it were a movie NOWadays, they would have really messed it up just to appeal to the current public. I would see it anyways, beacuse of 1 of 2 reasons:
1. To see how much of a mega-flop itll be
2. Just to say "Ive seen all of the spider-man movies."

TheVenomSymbiot
I mean, IF one was released, and done right, would you see it? (BTW it had more like 40-something issues)

Bluwe
Ya, but noone read more than 15. Nah i probably woudlnt see it.

Adapsycombot

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Won't happen. The character never really got off the ground.

doctorstrongbad
wow if he gets a movie, then who will be next? I would love to see a namor movie. wink

DBZ MAN
well when they finaly made like too many spiderman movies but wanted to make another one they prob go 4 spidey 2099. is spiderman 2099 the same as spiderman unlimited by any chance?

doctorstrongbad
Spider-man 2099 is a different guy, its not Peter parker. He does have some cool powers.

DBZ MAN
yeah i know that, otherwise he'd be pretty old lol. but i think if they do do that as a movie they should not base it on the comics of spidey 2099 but make it less "how should i say"...crap doctor

doctorstrongbad
Well if they change it a lot from the comics it might end up like that Catwoman movie. That was the worst crap DC movie ever and that is saying a lot.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DBZ MAN
well when they finaly made like too many spiderman movies but wanted to make another one they prob go 4 spidey 2099. is spiderman 2099 the same as spiderman unlimited by any chance?

Nope.

kiekan
Originally posted by Bluwe
Ya, it had like 15 issues and flopped out. It's cool to think about it, but even if it were a movie NOWadays, they would have really messed it up just to appeal to the current public. I would see it anyways, beacuse of 1 of 2 reasons:
1. To see how much of a mega-flop itll be
2. Just to say "Ive seen all of the spider-man movies."

Dude! Are you on crack!? There are 46 issues of Spidey 2099, not 15. While there wern't anywhere near as many as say.... Amazing Spider-man, the series was a hit when it came out.... it only died off because Marvel got some crappy writters towards the end. I personally think Spider-man 2099 is awesome, its a totally ingenius way of bringing about a completly new and unique Spidey.

Originally posted by DBZ MAN

Nope, not anywhere near the same thing. Spider-man Unlimited was originally a Spidey that got started during the Maximum Carnage story (its first 3 or 4 issues are all in Maximum Carnage). Then they made a bunch of rather lame spin-offs with the same title after that one got canceled (the original Spidey Unlimited was quite good in the begging). After a while FOX made a rather pathetic and lame cartoon that carried the title; which was basically an alternate universe Spidey that went to some 'Alternate Earth' planet that was overun by anthromorphs.

Spider-man 2099 is nothing like that. It's part of Marvel's old 2099 universe (obviously, lol), which was supposed to depict how the modern day heros would be in the future). In Spidey's story (which also ties into all the other 2099 comics), Spidey is some guy named Micheal O'Hare. Poor Mike doesn't have any super powers, but very smart. He made a costume that mimics modern Spidey's abilites (he had things like micro (as in, couldn't be seen normally) talons on the tips of his fingers and feet, which he could use to climb walls and what not, and he used a Black Cat-esq type of webbing (though, his looked more like webbing, lol). Also, his suit gave him super strength and all that good stuff).

Not only does he look freaking awesome, but he's borderline evil (See pic below). Spidey 2099 is basically a criminal in most people's eyes (as in most people in the comic, not real life). Mike O'Hare is a good guy at heart, but he's rather blood thirsty and when fighting crime, can be rather harsh/go overboard.

http://www.samruby.com/Heroes/Spiderman2099/2099Spiderman.gif

Also, Venom 2099 (which wasn't its own comic, just using the name to seperate it from the modern-day V-man) looked awesome and was an ingenius alternative.

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Venom2099/Venom2099.gif

Though, to actually stay on-topic, I can't think of anyone specific I'd want to play the characters. But I can say, if a movie was made, I'd definatly see it. It'd rock!

doctorstrongbad
That was a good description on Spidey 2099. I read most if not all of them. I also liked Ravage 2099 which was written by Stan Lee. smile I have #1 autographed by him. smile

Space M ummy
Correction to spiderman 2099: (yeah, I know this is an old thread)

Spiderman 2099 was miguel O'hara, not mike O'hare.

His powers were the result of a genetic experiment trying to replicate the powers of the original spiderman. The experiment was flawed, and kept killing the subjects.

He accidentally gained powers when a rival sabotaged a machine he was in the process of using with the fatal spider program in an attempt to kill him. (He was trying to use the machine to rewrite his genetic code to rid himself of some kind of hyper addictive drug..)

He was about as strong and fast as the original spiderman, but with a few changes. He had organic webbing (no webshooters) He had razor sharp retractable talons/claws to cling to walls like real spiders do. The talons weren't micro by any means- an early issue had him (accidentally) tearing out the throat of a samurai who was attacking him with said claws. In addition, he had enhanced sight, and fangs that could inject a substantial amount of paralyzing venom. He *was* a genius scientist, probably a little smarter than parker.

Also: He didn't invent the suit- it was an unstable molecule costume (like the kind the FF wear) he picked up on a trip to mexico. apparently UM suits grow on trees in 2099.

One of my favorite characters. Damn shame the 2099-verse was spoiled by bad writing.

**kind of spoiler**

IIRC, At the end of the 2099 Run (2099: Manifest Destiny) , he also got ahold of, and was judged worthy of wielding thor's hammer. He eventually lived to be about a thousand years old, and brought peace to the 2099 universe, before giving the hammer (back) to the original Captain America, who had been hanging around in stasis for the last millenia or so.

Evil SeeD
Those Pictures are fricken awsome....He is the EVIL SEED big grin

--The one that went wrong

--The one that was never ment to be

big grin

nate100
I've got one issue from this series and i thought it was pretty cool, confusing, but cool.

I always wondered how he got his powers etc & these posts have answered a lot of questions that have been bouncing around the old nogging for a long time.

At least i can free up some brain space now to finally find that cure for cancer i've been promising everyone latlely.

As soon as i find out how Anakins mum got pregnant i should be able to solve world peace & if i have any spare time take a crack at the poverty thing.

DarthLazious
Yeah.

botcherby
before my time once again, but I saw his costume on the web several years ago, and I was in frigging love with it, so much better than the monotonous original spidey. I also acquired the first issue of Spiderman 2099 for 50p (uk) in near mint condition.

in regard to the end of 2099, its an interesting end to the series... and just to add the 2099 universe was cancelled due to them actually outselling their respective, original titles. Marvel don't like spinoffs that do well... but they keep the crap ones.... they are an exemplar of the word stupid

REMY-SALINAS
it be something different so yeah i'd see it and i think that fez from that 70's show should play him

Dan-El
Bringing back old threads huh?

Well, let's see... Miguel O'Hara does indeed kick ass, and I am happy to hear that Spidey 2099 is back and roughing things up with the Exiles.

Who would I get to play Miggy.... Hmmm...

Dan-El
I dug through IMDb a while to find this guy:

http://www.geocities.com/ebonycat2003/darkangel/mwsmile.jpg

His name is Michael Weatherly. He's been a regular on Navy: NCIS, and was in a TV movie with Gerry Becker who played Maximillain Fargas (wheelchair guy) in Spider-Man 1, which explains how I found him. Just some darkening of the hair, along with a different style (maybe), and I think he'd be a pretty good Miguel O'Hara.

Dan-El
Don't everyone respond at once! lol

... No one cares

Dan-El
I refuse to let this die!!! Viva la Spidey 2099!!!

DBZ MAN
Lmao. He looks silly.

Dan-El
Who, me or Weatherly?
I believe it's the both of us...

Drache53
lol It's quite possible my friend he means both of you...

Just to contribute to this thread, I rather liked 2099...

DBZ MAN
lol I meant Spidey 209-...wait no shit dammit I meant 2211 ><

Dan-El
Neither present Spidey nor Spidey 2099 liked Spidey 2211

Drache53
Did anyone period like that 2211 guy? lol

Dan-El
Doubt it. I'm glad to hear that he's long gone, and that Miggy is in with the Exiles.

Dan-El
KEEPING IT ALIVE!

Anyway, what was the whole deal with the harbinger of Thor thing in Spidey 2099? I don't have the whole series...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.