Commenly Mistaken Lyrics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Guy
I got the idea from an old Waynes World skit on SNL....

Jimi Hendrix:Purple Haze

"Excuse me while I kiss this guy."

But it is actually....

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."

Creedence Clearwater Revival:Bad Moon Rising

"Don't go out tonight, or it's bound to take your life. Theres a bathroom on the right."

But it is really...

"Don't go out tonight, or it's bound to take your life. Theres a bad moon on the rise."

Peter Gabrielmessedhock the Monkey

"Jacque the Monkey."

Is really...

"Shock the Monkey"

....does anyone else have one?

Turbo-Cajun
Man you only confuse those particular lyrics if you are a full blown retard.... Those arent commonly mistaken lyrics: they are possibly misunderstandable lyrics. Lots of people make fun of that Hendrix lyric for sounding like that, but its not that difficult to understand. Niether is Shock the monkey. I used to have trouble knowing what CCR was saying in that song, but i never confused it with "bathroom." I dunno, maybe a better example of commonly misunderstood lyrics is Nirvanna's Smells Like Teen Spirit. I think that the lyrics say "how low" but it sounds like "hello", but that was very intentional so i dunno

ElectricBugaloo
the jimi hendrix one is very easy to confuse. same with the CCR one.

Turbo-Cajun
jk laughing out loud

Bierbommetje
Actually its

Excuse me while I kiss this fly

Samurai Guy
laughing My way is funnier.

I assumed you were joking. And those arent the only ones, but I just as soon give other people a chance to post.

big gay kirk
A friend of mine always thought that in the Mott the Hoople song "All the Young Dudes," the lyric went "All the young dudes, Gary the Moose..."

TrAnCeDuO
when the crap eminem song came out everyone thought that he was saying"there goes gravity" but it turns out it was "there goes rabbit"

another mistake i heard was the "tipsy"song...at first i thought it was about people in a orgy...

Kaleanae
Well, that song by Dido...
I will go down in this ship, and I will poke my eye and surrender messed (That is what I missheard)

Bierbommetje
No seriously it IS excuse me while I kiss this fly

It was in the version by Cheech Marin I believe

eggmayo
most of smells like teen spirit and some of bohemian rhapsody

TrAnCeDuO
i always thought she said"and i wont poop myself and surrender"

Mr Zero
It was originaly corrupted to "Kiss this guy" by the late great Frank Zappa - and adapted from that by several people since.

Mr Zero
Every time I hear U2 singing "Where the Streets Have no Name" I always mistake the part that goes

"Where the Streets Have no Name. I want to run I want to hide I want to tear down the walls That hold me inside"

I keep hearing it as

"You are the chosen and Jesus wants you to get a machine gun and kill them all - they are all DIRTY DIRTY SPIDERS and they must DIE!!!!!!"

Funny huh...

Turbo-Cajun
haha

eggmayo
apparently if you play the 'bustle in your hedgerow' verse of stairwaay to heaven backwards, it talks about satans toolshed
anyone got a prog that can play music backwards? i can play midi files only backwards... and twinkle twinkle little star says i wish there was no allah

Kaleanae
laughing out loud

Mr Zero
is that an edward gorey sig?

Kaleanae
Yes

plenTpak52
"Blinded by the Light"-Manfred Man

Mistaken lyric: "Wrapped up like a douche, you know the roamer in the night"
Actual lyric: "...Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night"

"Another One Bites the Dust"-Queen

Mistaken lyric: The whole god damn song

ummm...i dunno
one of my stepmoms friends husband mistook the lyrics from "pour some sugar on me" by def leppard...he thought that it was "bird song chulagon love" instead of "pour some sugar on me"
when we asked him what he thought chulagon meant, he said he thought it was a german word
lmao

genniangel0
ok....here's one:

The Beach Boys

Actual Lyrics:

Since she put me down I've been out doin' in my head

What I misheard was:

Since she put me down there's been owls pukin' in my bed!!!!!

That makes me laugh every time I think about it! sick sick sick

Lone_Dragon
If you play STYX : 'SnowBlind', backwards, this part, "I tried so hard, to make it so", sounds like 'Satan move through our voices' Scareh!!!!!! fear

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.