Disney's Aladdin: Special Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Disney's Aladdin is coming to DVD October 5th! eek!

Who else is getting it big grin

Jackie Malfoy
Yep I got the dvd I had not watched it yet.But I am looking forward to watching it.
Compare to the disney movies they have out now this one is a classic and will always be my favorite of all the disney movies out there!However I am very upset that they changed the song in the beginning just because some stupid people were insulted.
Anyway see you around.JM Happy Dance

angelsflame265
I want it lol, I asked my mom for and she looked at me weird. . but its my favorite disney movie

<<Solo>>
Already got mine!

Reborn Again
Got mine.

JKozzy
What did they change about it? huh

yerssot
if I remember it was from something about cutting of your hands and such when you steal and they changed it to the weather

JKozzy
Hm... there's still the threat of cutting Jasmine's hand off in the DVD, believe me, I know. What release did they replace that in? I've never heard of anything but the hand cutting off part... nothing about the weather... confused

JKozzy
Ah, found this:

The final complaint was about a lyric in the "Arabian Nights" song: "here they'll cut off your nose if they don't like your face/It's barbaric, but, hey, it's home." A stereotypical portrait of Arab culture, went the cry. Not that it mattered that the setting was about 8 A.D. Every culture in 8 A.D. could be characterized as barbaric.

And, on this point, the studio capitulated. In the video release of the movie, the lyric is changed to: "here it's flat and immense and the heat is intense/It's barbaric, but, hey, it's home."

Jackie Malfoy
I mean I am part arab and I don't find it offending at all.Why should it insult anyone.The lines that they were changed too does not make sence for people who know the real lines.
Anyway there is also a rumor of something Aladin says in teh movie that sounds like "Take off your clothers" but he said something else I should know because I checked it myself.
Anyone heard of this rumor?JM Happy Dance

ZomBiE_HunTER
The people these day got nothing else better to do.and i have the movie and saw it about 5 times. smile
Dont forget to watch the special features too!

Laviera_j
yawn

crickey77
Totally giving this to my cousin for Christmas.

Scarpa
Now I know what NOT to buy.

crickey77
I haven't actually listened to that part in years, but I'm almost positive its when the genie is whispering to Aladdin about what say to Jasmine to woo her. If you listen carefully you hear them say, "good teenagers take off your clothes!" If you listen you can definitely hear those exact words! Guess the people at Disney have a good sense of humor! LOL.

How are the special features? Still trying to decide if I"m going to give this movie as a gift or give my cousins some Bed Buggs or other toy. Just found out they have the video so I'm trying to decide whether its worth the $$, esp for little kids. Thanks.

Wolfie
Why couldn't they just leave the movie alone? It's a good film untouched. If anything offends Arab people, then it already did with the original release.

<<Solo>>
I thought you said you were italian in one of your previous posts.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.