The James Bond RPG thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evy_O
This is the official thread for James Bond RPG discussion! Not that we have any yet... he he big grin

(but we'll soon get one and who doesn't participate gets whipped! we are democratic people wink)

So, it has been proposed in the Social Thread here (by member Kaleanae me thinks) to have a Bond RPG! And the idea has been discussed thoroughly and examined from our research group, and it has been officially considered a great idea raver

So, the decisions made so far are:
- Everyone that has posted at least ONCE in the forum, HAS to participate stick out tongue
- You can pick already existing characters or make some* of your own happy
- It'd be better for boys to roleplay boys and girls to roleplay girls confused
- It will have some characteristics of D&D (aka Dungeons and Dragons)
- There will be a person that's gonna be a bit like a Game Master (GM for short). Now, for any people who aren't familiar with RPGs (not that I am much stick out tongue), a GM knows the plot -so he knows the storyline, what's going to happen etc, he guides the others and can have a character of his own, of course (in this case).

*when I say make some of your own, they have to be relevant with the JB movies and books obviously

Sooo.... any suggestions, or questions, don't hesitate to ask! smile
So far, we still need to find a GM, people willing to participate (you sooo have no other choice shifty ), and decide if it'll take place in the RPG forum or here (that last one given they'll let us have it here, naturally).

Storyline isn't decided yet, and that's about it I think!
So, who's up for the challenge? big grin

yerssot
I wanna join ... and someone can easily send a PM to Raz to ask about it wink

I don't really agree with teh "play existing characters" much messed

Evy_O
alright... will you? shifty

one has to be James Bond, and we most definitely need a Q and an M erm

Clovie
confused "have no other choice" means i have to take part?

yerssot
you have no choice clov stick out tongue

I ... ... don't have that button anymore shifty

but why does there have to be a JB? why not just regular Double-Oh's/Assassins/ ... cause JB simply can't die and that would be cheating messed I agree with Q and M of course happy

Evy_O
prove it with a screenshot then wink

hmm... never thought of it like that... yeah, on second thought, I think it's better not to have a James Bond messed

please? sad

Clovie
ok. i'll take part in it.

yerssot
yay! *hugs clovie* great to have yo aboard happy

erm...Evy... that button doesn't work either for some reason shifty
yay, you listen to my opinion happy

so...who will get picked for GM?

Clovie
*hugs back* nice to be abroad? blink

i think that gm person should be someone who has some idea about it..

yerssot
aboard... that you join in happy

that can be evy eek!

Clovie
okay embarrasment bag happy

i second that idea eek!

yerssot
and Kal liked that too! 3 votes for evy happy

Clovie
done, Evy is a GM eek! happy
that was easy wink

yerssot
and now she has to organise everything big grin

Evy_O
yay, clovie happy

yerss, you go and PM Raz like a good boy yes

and I'm flattered, but I have no time to be a GM messed

yerssot
but I'm mean and tuff and nasty sad

ah come on evy, three people want you as GM, you can't let them down sad

A4E
i wanna join! can i be a double agent? like a double oh agent but is actually working for the enemy eek!

A4E
4!

yerssot
see! she can't reject now happy

great of you to join A4E smile

A4E
she totally can't!!

thanks yers big grin

Clovie
evy is a gm. i've said it no expression

and A4E gonna pm raz idea1

A4E
ok... what do i say?

yerssot
she's still not agreeing sad

A4E
am a boy! and I agree..or were u talkin about evy? anywya y do i tell raz?

Clovie
bu tshe has to, no1 else has any idea of it, methinks.

and i have no idea what you should tell raz erm

yerssot
well, in the worse case I can be GM... but I rather not

I ment evy stick out tongue

Clovie
Evy will be yes

yerssot
we should convince her! eek!

Evy_O
*is not convinced* stick out tongue

I really have no time, guys messed

Clovie
*hypnotises* shifty evy...evy_o...you'll be a new..GM

done big grin

yerssot
well, what about you setting everything up and then appoint a GM yourself?

Evy_O
why not set everything up all together? messed I'll be absent during days and I'll come late at night, I can't possibly organize stuff like that no

didn't work, clovie wink

Clovie
at least i've tried wink

The Redeemer
Hell, I'm in!!! RPG...I'll take the part of Blofeld's PUSSY!!! Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! huh

yerssot
but evy! we all want you involved in this happy

ah! TR you have no idea how good that news is smile... well, the first part the second is rather disturbing stick out tongue
are you into RPG?

The Redeemer
RPG??? I'm into ANYTHING!!! evil face

yerssot
good, after you clean my room you can figure out if we go by a D&D system or not stick out tongue

The Redeemer
I'd much rather clean Evy's room... shifty

yerssot
convince her to be GM eventhough she can't wink

so... up till now, the joininglist:

Evy
yerssot
Clovie
The Redeemer
A4E

I think that for a simple RPG this is already enough to start big grin

Evy_O
yaaay, TR and A4E joined too, that's good news!
and I'll BE involved, yerss big grin

anytime, it's a bit messy at the moment stick out tongue

The Redeemer
Join what??? blink Anything you want to get me into just PM me... mobile

yerssot
so... what is the next step?

will it be "write along" or "Dungeons & Dragons " style?

Writing along has the advantage that you don't have to wait for people to post it, you just post your own part of the story and it's just losely playing an RPG... that's the pro.
The con is that the problem might arise that no one really controls the story, that plottwists someone tried to get in might utterly fail cause we all are a bit the GM at the same time and can cancel things of others...

The D&D has the advantage that everything is really central, one person controls and tells the game, you can calculate your results cause it's so tightly done with chances and such, the story will look better normally
the con is that from time to time you have to wait a long time when a person is needed to post his part of the action

A4E
I joined first than the redimeer mad

The Redeemer
Yeah...but I've been here longer... smokin'

A4E
sad I don't get it sad

The Redeemer
Nor do I!!! wink

A4E
but i joined first miffed:

A4E
kewl.. so we'll ahve to wait for yerss to come to explain it...

The Redeemer
RPG sounds just up my alley!!! angel

yerssot
I wasn't certain if it was A4E or E4A, so I wrote TR and later added you when I knew what it was big grin

well, what part don't you get exactly?

A4E
lol I know how an rpg works, but i dont get what yerss's saying

A4E
D&D... confused

Evy_O
D&D is an RPG, you have to have played such stuff to know how they work
and I think it should be something in the middle of those you said, yerss happy

and now A4E and TR! no fighting! nono

The Redeemer
Fighting??? laughing out loud I haven't even begun to put me boxing gloves on yet!!! angel

A4E
and i vote yerss for GM or MG whateva.... (if it counts erm) i mean i think evy would b great but she said she doesnt have time erm

A4E
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud yeah evy chill stick out tongue tho can i try to kill him in the rpg stick out tongue j/k

The Redeemer
Get this RPG thing underway will ya??? I'm interested!!! yes

yerssot
TR, as soon as we know how the structure will be: going from very lose to very tight, we can get a GM if needed and start smile

does everyone understand the pros and cons?
btw, I just realised that I forgot to add Kal to the list messed

Clovie
this whole rpg thingie seems scare sad cry

Evy_O
aaaaw, edit it, kal has to be in it sad

I'm fine, I just like the nono smilie and use it whenever I find the opportunity wink

A4E
LOL! i luv that nono smilie laughing out loud

yerssot
I can't edit her in, gotta ask a mod messed

clov, it's just the rough start you'll get it soon smile

so, does everyone get the pros and cons?

The Redeemer
It's all GREEK to me!!! stick out tongue No, seriously...count me in when you get things sorted!!!

yerssot
ok... you're written down as "undeceided" stick out tongue

A4E
i REALLY want to b [art of this but am afraid that i dont understand cockmaster

yerssot
well, can you point out what parts you don't understand?

The Redeemer
No...put me down as BLOFELD! smokin'

yerssot
as dead by a chimney? stick out tongue

The Redeemer
"This...is the price of failure...Mr. Brugge!!!" stick out tongue

yerssot
watch it old man, I'll definitly try to be a GM now to bully you stick out tongue

A4E
yerss i dont get the D&D thing

A4E
would u bully me eek!

The Redeemer
That'll be the day!!! laughing out loud

A4E
if u bully us yerss me and the redeemer r gonna make a a plot against u and it will b called ...la resistance! like in south park!

Kaleanae
*Comes in* schmoll *goes out*

Clovie
Kal.... where are you going? crying1

hope so confused

A4E
laughing out loud i understand u im foruth in the list!!

Evy_O
damnit, I'm going out too, this is outageous, I wanted my name with bold, underlined and colored letters on the list schmoll

A4E
but... evy! when r we gonna start the game?? am exited!!

Clovie
there will be no game no expression

Evy_O
there will be confused

as soon as we find a storyline big grin

Clovie
there won't no expression

yerssot
sorry Kal sad but if you notice a few posts after the list, you'll see that I realised I forgot you and your name is mentioned then

ok...the D&D thing...
I haven't thought much of it yet, due to other occupations, but in short it means you'll have to think more about risks and chance.

You'll start with basic statistics in Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma.
Needless to say, a scientist, like Kal thought of playing, needs high Wisdom and Intelligence. A double-oh needs it in Strength & Dexterity. A Bondgirl will have high Charisma.

You also get points in Vitality (or in other words... luck, how lucky can you be) and Wounds (if that reaches 0, you're dead).
etc.

but this can of course change, cause every GM has different rules

The Redeemer
"Let the sport commence!!!"

Clovie
it seems extremelly complicated sad

yerssot
really clovie, it scared me the first time too, but I promise it's sooooo easy big grin

A4E
so all we need is a storyline, any ideas??

and a think i don't get when we make out haracters in the rpg we say like...

intellignece: 4
strength: 2
etc.
??

A4E
oh and r we clear that yerss will b MG or GM?

yerssot
there hasn't been a 'vote' yet on having it with such rules or not messed
and not even who will be GM if it's opted to take that messed

(and the stats are out of 20 with 10 being for the regular joe)

A4E
i dont understand cry (greek accent) me no engli''ch'' cry

A4E
Hello

Clovie
i hope you are right.

and i think that my character will die rather soon.

Evy_O
agreed, but about the charisma for the Bond girl: since there'll be no Bond, there'll be no Bond girl either blink

Kaleanae
Me too schmoll
Ooh, the humanity ... stick out tongue

yerssot
a double-oh girlfriend then stick out tongue I was just explaining what charisma ment smile

clovie... from all the RPG stupidities I ever did, I never died... so you're very save wink

Kal, I'm really really sorry for not including you! I just checked the thread and you hadn't post in it yet sad

are there any more Q's about the D&D style or Freestyle? cause I wanna voooo-ooote sad

A4E
ok yerss u'll rpolly wanna kill me when i ask this........... what;s the diff?

Evy_O
but if a character is described as "girlfriend" she'll do... what? sit there and look pretty? blink

I vote D&D

mine's gonna be bolder, bigger, and a nicer color stick out tongue

yerssot
no, I'm too tired stick out tongue

see... the FREESTYLE one is where everyone has his character and they write a piece when they have time. It's very very lose. The big problem (at least, the one I have) is that you can't plan a plot since everyone that plays can (without even intending it) ruin the story.

(come to think of it, a freestyle RPG is more like a ...multi-author fan-fic in a way)

the D&D style one is on a much more tight leash. A GameMaster (GM) will deceide if your actions work or not, all based on the type you play (scientist, assasin, ...) and uses dices to calculate the succes

A4E
but wuz da diff?

A4E
oh

A4E
D&D all the way!!

yerssot
she's a girl, she's got all the training she got for that wink
(adapted quote from MI:2, the guy that Anthony Hopkins plays)

so....
D&D: evy, A4E, yerssot

Free: ?

what does Kal say? happy
and clovie? and TR? eek!

A4E
well if any of 'em three agrees with D&D is settled, (majority)

yerssot
yeah, but if one of them doesn't and gives a reason we should all listen to it and find a solution

A4E
NO!

I WANT DEMOCRACY!!!

A4E
tho' am a republican laughing out loud

Kaleanae
What is happening here?

yerssot
we're trying to get everyone who wants to participate to vote for a freestyle-rpg or a more d&d-based-rpg ... and we need your vote eek!

A4E
*whispers* D&D *whisper*

*notices yerss's look*

what? i didnt do nything whistle

yerssot
the phrase of your live stick out tongue

I'll harrass clovie to reply herehappy

A4E
ok lol laughing out loud

Kaleanae
Freak-style eek!

yerssot
that's a new one blink what's that Kal? eek!

Kaleanae
I don't know, well I would like it to be D&D, the only thing is that I don't know what the Ds stand for. no expression

A4E
ok! SO D&D IT IS!! YAY!!

yerssot
D&D = Dungeons & Dragons, it's a really big RPG game that uses dices to play with smile

ok...so only Clovie and TR... And I doubt TR has a problem with this stick out tongue

Kaleanae
I know what Dungeous and dragons is but I didn't know that by D&D you meant dnageous and dragons... great game from the 80s, eh?

yerssot
80s? I still play it stick out tongue

of course for the Bond RPG the magic and such will be taken out ... and also the species wink

Clovie
i have to vote? cry the one were someone decides about everything, D&D?

i'll die cry

Evy_O
yeah but then she has no other purpose in the game stick out tongue

he was killed instantly I thought... oh well messed

A4E
ok so let's start let's build a storlinne and let's decide who'll b GM i vote for yerss

yerssot
evy > the hopkins character? he only had a few lines and no action I thought messed

it's D&D happy

you won't big grin

-----------------------------

ok... with D&D we need a GM...
evy unfortunatly can't or wants a lot of attention wink (kidding of course stick out tongue)

so... who do you vote for?

A4E
g2g bye

A4E
my vote's for yerss, and luck with the story line xxx bye yerss evy and clovs an kal

Clovie
bye.

ok D&D

i'm sure i'll cry

and i'd vote for yerss, buuuuuuuuuuuut if it needs so lot of time.. maybe it is not good idea? confused

yerssot
after wednesday and thursday I got some spare time to work on it, that's not a problem ... but I don't mean that I'm the only one available for this messed

Clovie
evy didn't agree.

i have no idea about rpg.
a4e seems also not to have any.

i don't know about the rest confused

yerssot
but there is a whole section RPG section full of people that can do it messed

Evy_O
bite me miffed

not gonna vote for you now schmoll

Kaleanae
Ushgarak, I don't know him but I have enter to the RPG forum and he has many RPGs in there erm

Clovie
i don't want anyone FROM RPG section! schmoll

Evy_O
let's stick to the people from JB forum happy

yerssot
rex too
heck, even I have/had one there stick out tongue

evy > I was kidding sad

Evy_O
so was I wink

yerssot
that's a relief happy

Kaleanae
So, who is it gonna be, Buzz?

No, really, who is going to be the GM? no expression

yerssot
that's what we're voting for now messed

as soon as that's taken care of, the selected GM can start on the system (but that shouldn't take long) and find a story and we can startbig grin

Kaleanae
Yep stick out tongue

yerssot
so... we need to wait for everyone to vote on that stick out tongue

A4E
right... so??

i vote for yerss

evy: 0
yerssot: 1
clovie: 0
the redemeer: 0
A4E: 0
Kalanae: 0

Raz
Moving to the RPG section...

Ushgarak
And, literally speaking, should be closed, but I'll let the ideas run as some effort has been put into it...

yerssot
if people desperatly want it here .... :

actually A4E... so did clovs happywink

during some rare free time, I got bored and wrote down some ideas about the lose system that will get used if we go ahead...

quick note about it, cause the vote is still going on (I wanna vote evy cause she has experience but she doesn't wanna cry)
I'll keep the D&D way to get stats:

Stats are your abilities, those things define you... they can make you ugly, they can make you nimble, they can make you wise...
How to get them?

1) either get the package (that's the numbers: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) to devide over Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma)

2) let the GM use dice for it (it will be throwing a normal six-sided dice 4 times and disregarding the lowest you once threw)

That will stay, but Vitality (or as Alec would say "luck"wink will be depending on your profession (a Double Oh will have more than i.e. a cardealer), but people with Vitality will get more Wounds (HP in games).

I know around 75% of those who wrote here didn't like the idea of being overrun, but don't worry at all... it sounds complicated but it's really easy! It's just to make you absolutely sure that you're NOT immortal, so when you see 150 guards storming at you and firing: RUN, don't fight them
BUT don't believe either that you're very mortal! you are a superhero after all! you have luck on your side and i.e. assassins and double-ohs have great aim and such big grin

all in all, what I want to say is ... I think it's time that if we take it a step further people have to think of a biography

<Tidus>
Hmmm... im in

A4E
what do u mean by think of a biography??

yerssot
like... what's the name of your character, profession and what already happened in his/her life messed

A4E
ok when should we start doing it??

yerssot
seeing as no one else voted... we still need a GM...

but I, without wanting to sound cocky, have made a lose system of rules and such which is ready to go

Evy_O
I vote for yerss stick out tongue

yerssot
and in a deed of selfishness I'm voting the wonderful and utmost georgious, most brilliant and extremely funny person yerss too no expressionstick out tongue

that for those who could vote make it 4-0 with two not voting (yet) ... so I'll go even further and announce me as GM stick out tongue

ok... gonna go and PM people to see if they're still interested and then I'll go ask permission big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>