Simpsons QT Reference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
Has anyone seen The Simpsons episode with the Itchy & Scratchy cartoon "written by Quentin Tarantino"? It's kind of an old episode. Itchy was Mr. Blonde and Scratchy was the cop from Resevoir Dogs. Itchy dances around pouring gas onto Scratchy. Then Quentin Tarantino comes out and says something about the message he's trying to get out about violence in our society before Itchy chops his head off for no reason. Funny stuff.

mook
have you seen the episode that is one long homage to pulp fiction?

its called something like '21 short stories about springfield'.

roundisfunny
I remember Wiggum and the cops talking about Krusty Burger in a similar vein to Vincent and Jules' conversation about French fast food. Also, it seems like there was a scene reminiscent of the rape scene in PF. As for the whole episode, though, I don't think it had so much to do with homages to Tarantino, but that the stories were linked together in his fashion.

Actually, that episode reminded me more of Robert Altman's style, particularly "Short Cuts".

Here is the link to a very informative Simpsons site about that episode.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/3F18.html

mook
maybe i exaggerated a bit but there is homages within the episode

(nice link)

BackFire
Yep, they're all great gags.

dragonpisces272
yes

WindDancer
Yeah I love that episode! It always makes me laugh! yes

dragonpisces272
yeah i was lucky enough to catch that episode...I dont watch simpsos that much

Fire
good site too long, but QT is referred to in a few simpson episodes. then again he made some master pieces

dragonpisces272
yes always the destructive one lol

Fire
QT is more than violence

Phoenix
Has anyone watched the 'Making of' featurette on KB2? Quentin is wearing a tshirt with his Simpsons version on!

roundisfunny
Yeah, I noticed that. Good to know he understood that they were just poking fun (or that he didn't care if their intentions were otherwise).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.